What's Your Favourite Cover Version

Go to solution Solved by Solidsoul,

The Checkers - The White Cliffs Of Dover -

Remake of Vera Lynn's UK WWII hit.  I bought this in 1953 when it was out.  Maybe some of your grandparents listened to the original.  My grandparents were listening to music in The 1890s.

Screen Shot 2024-01-20 at 2.59.01 AM.png

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Tlscapital said:

Cheezy à Go-Go but sooo Cool. I picture the damp and sweat of New-York's summer. Love Little Anthony & the Imperials evidently. Although it's the only Willie Bobo record I'll ever own it's also one I'll never part with.

Richard Searling always used the Ramsey Lewis version on his radio shows as a backing track.

It's such a great song whoever records it.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Afro Blues Quintet +1. - Caribbean Jazz (Vibes & flute) versions of Soul and Gospel

Walk on By  Moses/Let My People Go & Wade In The Water

Moses/Let My People Go & Wade In The Water

Jericho (Joshua Fit The Battle Of)

The In Crowd

Of course these are not only not "Covers" (which need to be out at the same time as the original, - they are not even REMAKES, as they are in a totally different genre, and also don't follow the same musical patterns, plus contain a LOT of improvisation.  So, they are something almost completely different.  But I LOVE Jazz instrumental versions of R&B, Blues, Jazz, Gospel, Soul, and even Folk original songs.

Edited by Robbk
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Couple of my games here. The harmonies on the Capitols take this version to another level for Me.

And the grown up vocals on David's version of the Jackson 5 classic also takes to another level. 

Edited by Emjaygee
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!