Northern Soul in the MSM - Daily Mail

Even the Daily Mail is now getting in on the act, this showed up

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13156327/northern-soul-generation-z-tiktok-craze-clubbing-drinking.html

The aim of this post is to pass on to members info/news about a current 'northern soul' related feature in the msm which may be of interest to some for various reasons.

Due to some of the low quality posts these msm info posts seem to attract, I am putting a 12 hour window on the topic, as in it will be closed tomorrow morning.

By all means have your say...

but  I do ask all members to try and keep things worthwhile as in avoid repeated posts/points, off topic 'jokes' etc etc

cheers now

mike

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Now they are running Workshops! Oh please.

Perhaps there needs to be another definition when advertising nights/ venues.

ONSO= original northern soul only

Frankly I give up

Edited by Kenb
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

"Whilst the nights aren't known for their heavy drinking". That's written as if it's a bad thing. 

Interestingly, there never seems to be any mention or discussion about the heavy d**g taking, which was of course as much of the original scene as the music; to most. Now, whether that's a good thing or not is debateable, what isn't debateable is it's authenticity.

KTF

Peter

🙂

Social source share

25 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

"Whilst the nights aren't known for their heavy drinking". That's written as if it's a bad thing. 

Interestingly, there never seems to be any mention or discussion about the heavy d**g taking, which was of course as much of the original scene as the music; to most. Now, whether that's a good thing or not is debateable, what isn't debateable is it's authenticity.

KTF

Peter

🙂

I see more drinks on the dancfloor in one picture in the article than I've seen altogether in all the years I've been out and about , and even the 'blokes' have got handbags FFS ... :ohmy:

Social source share

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

KTF

Peter

🙂

If the management of the WC had been on the ball ( so to speak ) they could have approached Coca Cola & SkF for sponsorship , imagine that , 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

13 hours ago, Mike said:

Even the Daily Mail is now getting in on the act, this showed up

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13156327/northern-soul-generation-z-tiktok-craze-clubbing-drinking.html

The aim of this post is to pass on to members info/news about a current 'northern soul' related feature in the msm which may be of interest to some for various reasons.

Due to some of the low quality posts these msm info posts seem to attract, I am putting a 12 hour window on the topic, as in it will be closed tomorrow morning.

By all means have your say...

but  I do ask all members to try and keep things worthwhile as in avoid repeated posts/points, off topic 'jokes' etc etc

cheers now

mike

12 hours later and as per the above this topic is now closed

Social source share