Morning Soul

Guest MattB

Guest MattB

This morning its the Dynells - Call on me and Younghearts - A little togetherness..

Anything that puts a spring in your step before the day ahead?

Matt

Social source share

• Replies 40
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

On the mp3 player on the way to work this morning...

Shazz - Innerside (some sort of remix of it)

Hot n horny (or summin like that) Remix off the Hed Kandi comp?

Had Dave Hamiltons Detroit Dancers Vol 2 on this moring on the way to work :hypo:

Social source share

Guest rachel

Heres what it is

Lenny Fontana Deep & Horny Vocal Mix

It might be, it was on a CD someone gave me and it didn't say. Edited to add - oh you've put a link in now, I'll listen to that later.

Ooh, I also had on a remix of Angie Stone - Wish I Didn't Miss You, which sort of samples the "smoke chronic" line a lot.. dunno what that is either :hypo:

Edited by rachel
Social source share

Talk Sport Pete, well with the cricket "Soul Bongo" must be the tune then.

P.S. Pete your little one is beautiful

Thanks mate, his Mom has took him down south to see her sister all week and it's the first time I've been without him since he was born, am finding it a bit strange and quite difficult. Keeping busy though..

Social source share

It might be, it was on a CD someone gave me and it didn't say. Edited to add - oh you've put a link in now, I'll listen to that later.

Ooh, I also had on a remix of Angie Stone - Wish I Didn't Miss You, which sort of samples the "smoke chronic" line a lot.. dunno what that is either :lol:

oh that will be the bootleg backstabbers remix of angie stone luffly choon....

myself i was in mellow mood in my car...dynamics -whenever im without you...players -why did i lie....magnificent 7 -never will i make my baby cry....lovations -( i keep singing ) la la la ooh....moonlighters- lonely baby etc and so on....... was singin me head orf :lol:

cookie :wicked:

Social source share

Guest rachel

oh that will be the bootleg backstabbers remix of angie stone luffly choon....

Oh right :wicked: Just bought another version of it which completely does away with the Backstabbers sample and has the vocal over a jazzy backing, not made my mind up about that one... :lol:

Social source share

Oh right :no: Just bought another version of it which completely does away with the Backstabbers sample and has the vocal over a jazzy backing, not made my mind up about that one... :wicked:

ooh you must post a clip....mine is a 12" white label that just says bootleg lol on the label...oh lordy i bought a bootleg :lol:

cookie :lol:

Social source share

Guest rachel

You lot amaze me. You get up in the morning and listen to soul music? Are you not interested in the news, learn whats going on in the world? Maybe on a sunday morning..

Yep, I watch the news before I leave the house and then I go out and stick my headphones in... :lol:

Cookie - will do if I can get it recorded tonight :wicked:

Social source share

You lot amaze me. You get up in the morning and listen to soul music? Are you not interested in the news, learn whats going on in the world? Maybe on a sunday morning..

Wish i had time, thats what a paper is for, Always have soul on in the car/van what ever time really give you an upstart to the day :lol:

Social source share

Maybe it's because I make my living from selling soul music - that's probably why I never listen to it when not 'working', apart from the occasional oldies cd for long journeys. If I wanted to get a kickstart to the morning I'd listen to this

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Maybe it's because I make my living from selling soul music - that's probably why I never listen to it when not 'working', apart from the occasional oldies cd for long journeys. If I wanted to get a kickstart to the morning I'd listen to this

Blimey Pete that brings back some memorys!

Had all that on Vinyl, untill i decided it was rubbish and give it all away :lol: wouldn;t mind hearing some again.

Social source share

Blimey Pete that brings back some memorys!

Had all that on Vinyl, untill i decided it was rubbish and give it all away :lol: wouldn;t mind hearing some again.

Bit of a strange one this. When I first heard this stuff in, what, 1993? I thought it was utter rubbish. Then I listened to a show called One In The Jungle on friday nights and I started to really like it. What I think now is that the original jungle was the most exciting and innovative music produced in the Uk since punk and I still believe that. I'm not talking about drum & bass which I actually hate and find totally boring, but the original jungle records had amazing energy. In fact I just bought a couple on 12" - both classics..."valley of the shadows" and "terrorist". I expect much incoming flak for this but I don't care...we all have different tastes..

Social source share

I watch the BBC News from about 6.30 am in the morning before I leave for work then music on the way to work.

QoFxx

Social source share

This morning in the van I was listening to a POD cast I had put to CD called Spine Tinglers by some bloke called Pete Smith :wicked:

QoFxx

What taste you have Chrissie :lol:

actually just done another podcast...not sure if it'll be to everyone's taste though - it's OLDIES all the way

Social source share

What taste you have Chrissie :lol:

actually just done another podcast...not sure if it'll be to everyone's taste though - it's OLDIES all the way

Just putting the SKA one to CD for ex hubby, he doesn't get out at all anymore as he has MND and played it to him yesterday and wanted a copy. He loved it :wicked:

QoFxx

Social source share

Bit of a strange one this. When I first heard this stuff in, what, 1993? I thought it was utter rubbish. Then I listened to a show called One In The Jungle on friday nights and I started to really like it. What I think now is that the original jungle was the most exciting and innovative music produced in the Uk since punk and I still believe that. I'm not talking about drum & bass which I actually hate and find totally boring, but the original jungle records had amazing energy. In fact I just bought a couple on 12" - both classics..."valley of the shadows" and "terrorist". I expect much incoming flak for this but I don't care...we all have different tastes..

Quite agree Pete at the time it was innovated and full of energy, of course i was quite young and liked it more because it was 'street' had about 400 records of it and used to put nights on up the local youth club, my mate was an MC :lol: Wicked - innit

Social source share

Quite agree Pete at the time it was innovated and full of energy, of course i was quite young and liked it more because it was 'street' had about 400 records of it and used to put nights on up the local youth club, my mate was an MC :lol: Wicked - innit

That must throw a whole different light on it, I've never been to a night such as that, heard it out loud or even knew anyone else who liked it!

Social source share

I wake up to Radio 4, then listen to Nick Ferrari on LBC, he makes me laugh and talks quite a lot of common sense imo.

Usually listen to my MP3 player on the Victoria line and the train, today it was:

Bobby Bland - Yield Not To Temptation

James Brown - Prisoner Of Love

Margaret Little - Love Finds A Way

Curtis Liggins - What Is This?

The Neptunes - Girl That's An Awful Thing To Say

The Passions - If You See My Baby

Sonny Craver - I'm No Fool

Patrice Holloway - Love Walked Right In

etc.

A bit Northerny today, but like a wide variety of soul when travelling, even got some of my pop faves as well.

Social source share

Guest Simon

Can you imagine getting ready for work listening to The Black Angels Death Song or Sister Ray :lol:

'Black angels death song' was on the playlist amongst my faves 'Pale blue eyes', 'Venus in furs' & 'White light white heat', one of the greatest bands imo.

Simon

Social source share

I got one of those nifty ipod shuffles yesterday so I loaded it up with The Tempests and have been having the best cigarette breaks of my life today :lol:

Social source share

That must throw a whole different light on it, I've never been to a night such as that, heard it out loud or even knew anyone else who liked it!

Used to go to massive Jungle raves when i was younger in london (quite scary some times full of gangster type hoods)

Think i used to call myself DJ Snipa-G, think the G stood for Gangsta :lol:

Social source share

Nort much soul so far for me today... except for the latest thesoulscellar.com podcast... I've been busy digging in Ronnie James Dio's 50s and 60s recordings and I'm finding some pretty amazing stuff. Garage rock, tuff Link Wray-ish instrumentals, early rock'n'roll, The Who soundalikes and covers, Rod Stewart and Faces covers... I'm perplexed... how could he later make such a GIGANTIC wrong turn? :lol:

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

Atmosphere - Dancing In Outerspace

First choice - Let No Man Put Usnder

These two came on the ipod on the way to my my first job this morning. perked me right up.

baz - also went to jungle raves in the 90's (very scary only being 14 years old and in the middle of a club

full of gangsters, amazing atmosphere though) where did you go?

Social source share

Guest rasfoz

Used to go to massive Jungle raves when i was younger in london (quite scary some times full of gangster type hoods)

Think i used to call myself DJ Snipa-G, think the G stood for Gangsta :lol:

oh dear baz :thumbsup:

jungle is massive :rolleyes::lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert