The Perfections

Guest melandthensome

Guest melandthensome

Heres a record I saw well over 20yrs ago

and was told it never existed a few years ago until I finally dug it out from somewhere......the trouble is Ive not heard it for god knows how many years now so cant remember if its any good or not......Does anyone have a sound clip or mp3 at all by any chance please......

cheers

mel

post-6164-1175574357_thumb.jpg

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

pretty expensive going by the book around £800 but ive had 3 in the last couple of years they are all mostly beat up never seen a mint one but i kept the best of the 3 for myself the B side is also fantastic luvverly down tempo choon :unsure:

cookie :thumbsup:

Book is well out on this one. Doesn't appear very often but when it does £250-£300 should get it for you.

Adam.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Latest book price is £600. Pete French had a pretty beat-up copy, IMHO, for sale @ £750 :(

I got a very respectable VG++ copy from Gene R , on here, a couple of weeks ago for £150 :thumbsup:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

the majority of the ones ive had look a darn sight worse than they play...anyone got a nice clean label scan? cos they all look rough the ones ive seen so far....

cookie wicked.gif

Nope! The one I got looks pretty much like the one scanned on here. Bit of ring-dirt, but overall, not too bad. Main thing is the vinyl is good, with sheen and only a few scuffs. I've seen a damn sight worse copies of this, never seen a minter!

Social source share

the majority of the ones ive had look a darn sight worse than they play...anyone got a nice clean label scan? cos they all look rough the ones ive seen so far....

cookie :lol:

Nope! The one I got looks pretty much like the one scanned on here. Bit of ring-dirt, but overall, not too bad. Main thing is the vinyl is good, with sheen and only a few scuffs. I've seen a damn sight worse copies of this, never seen a minter!

Strange that they all look "rough" Cookie as you say.... one of those that I can't say I've ever seen "clean".... vinyl has had it's various "rough to excellent" looks but the label seems to be much of a muchness :thumbsup: ....

The "ring dirt" you mention Trevor seems to be "the" factor on all those I've seen....

Scan of one I sold on quite a while ago.... pretty much in line with all those I've seen where the "label" is concerned....

Social source share

Book is well out on this one. Doesn't appear very often but when it does £250-£300 should get it for you.

Adam.

I think this lower value is more realistic imo. And mine looks like the others LOL - ring marks etc

thing is mine plays really low volume wise. I know someone else's whose is the same. are they all on the quiet side??

Social source share

Guest Trevski

t_THE%20PERFECTIONS%20SO%20LONELY.jpg

Beat up?

ex condition?

Sorry if you don't agree with my description Pete, I pulled it out of the sleeve at Middleton, and it looked pretty surface-marked to me. If I am wrong, please accept my appologies, but to me EX is below M- and above VG+. I did'nt think it was any more than VG, but hey, I've been wrong before!

(PS. I have bought from you in the past, Monique etc. and your gradings have been spot-on, so It's just my opinion.)

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Sorry if you don't agree with my description Pete, I pulled it out of the sleeve at Middleton, and it looked pretty surface-marked to me. If I am wrong, please accept my appologies, but to me EX is below M- and above VG+. I did'nt think it was any more than VG, but hey, I've been wrong before!

(PS. I have bought from you in the past, Monique etc. and your gradings have been spot-on, so It's just my opinion.)

will play and see

Social source share

No no no no no! This is a very very rare record, a few battered copies have been doing the rounds for a long time, bought and then passed on, both here and in the US. Realistic price... based on rarity and quality for a clean/mint copy at least £700 - £800, maybe more.

not true, I keep losing VG to VG+ copies on ebay at about $200-$250.

10 copies on popsike means MANY MORE than 10 copies on ebay, as popsike does not index every auction.

Social source share

Guest recordman

First time I've heard this 45

In my opinion it's a vocal harmony tune with a lot baby - babies ect

but without any real song substance

file under collectors piece

Social source share

First time I've heard this 45

In my opinion it's a vocal harmony tune with a lot baby - babies ect

but without any real song substance

file under collectors piece

I collect vocal harmony soul, many big northern records sound like total crap to me and devoid of "real song substance." "Baby don't you go" is one of my favorite records of all time, actually, along with the perfections on Tri-City "girl you better hurry".

Social source share

With respect Abe, thats because you don't understand northern. Don't be offended by this, but the depth and rythym flow has a lyrical interpretation that was synonomous with both 60s black America and working class Britain during the 70s. You had to be part of it to really get it.

you can tell me I don't understand northern soul and I have to be a part of it, that's fine. Maybe it represents working class Britain during the 70s. But please don't tell me that it had a "rhythm flow and lyrical interpretation that was synonymous with 60s Black America", relative to a sound I'm talking about that probably much more closely represented the sound of "60s Black America." There's a reason that northern soul tracks are the B-sides of the intended US A-sides, and a reason why the records are so rare and no one bought them in the US. This is my last post on the subject, don't want to get into a thing with someone on here about this, but I couldn't let such a ridiculous comment go unaddressed.

Social source share

you can tell me I don't understand northern soul and I have to be a part of it, that's fine. Maybe it represents working class Britain during the 70s. But please don't tell me that it had a "rhythm flow and lyrical interpretation that was synonymous with 60s Black America", relative to a sound I'm talking about that probably much more closely represented the sound of "60s Black America." There's a reason that northern soul tracks are the B-sides of the intended US A-sides, and a reason why the records are so rare and no one bought them in the US. This is my last post on the subject, don't want to get into a thing with someone on here about this, but I couldn't let such a ridiculous comment go unaddressed.

what you saying boba there all crap then maybe your on the wrong forum

Social source share

Source Advert