Russoul1

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest OskarB

Used to be cheap a couple of years ago. Wouldn't think 150 is realsitic even with todays market. £75 maybe? Nice tune BTW.

Social source share

Used to be cheap a couple of years ago. Wouldn't think 150 is realsitic even with todays market. £75 maybe? Nice tune BTW.

thanks i was thinking around the same figure, i must admit you dont see it often for sale or on ebay

will offer it for sale if any interest

russ

Social source share

A luvverly old tune I used to play extensively around Rotherham, down at my local Youth Club back in '72.

Got the shock of my life when I heard it played out 'covered up' at Lincoln 'Drill Hall' Allnighter some 8 years later... but not as shocked as the DJ was (think it was Dave Raistrick) when I told him what it was and that I'd had it in my playbox for years.

Got to be a steady 80 quider these days.

Sean

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Well, I beat him to it. Massive at Thurcroft Youth Club :thumbsup:

Who / what was it covered as.

Anyone remember?

Sean

Was covered as "Ambassadors" in the late 70's.....

Social source share

i wouldnt go past £75 to be honest ,its agreat tune paid £50 for mine ,yonks ago,got alot of their stuff including their outing on independent records that fetches a few quid now.Done some nice 7ts stuff also on dolphin and one on mainstream also.
:thumbsup:

BAZ A.

Think your spot on with the price Baz

Not heard those 70s ones................anyone post "em up? Really like Bing Bong and would love to hear more

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Think your spot on with the price Baz

Not heard those 70s ones................anyone post "em up? Really like Bing Bong and would love to hear more

Cheers Paul

Iknow your taste paul so put their dolphin track[got to get you off my mind] and their track on event one step at a time both on your wants ,should pick both up for a TENNER.has love been here before was recorded on mainstream by the fabulous determinations on mainstream and goes for 20-30 quid ,good as well.

BAZ A

Social source share

Iknow your taste paul so put their dolphin track[got to get you off my mind] and their track on event one step at a time both on your wants ,should pick both up for a TENNER.has love been here before was recorded on mainstream by the fabulous determinations on mainstream and goes for 20-30 quid ,good as well.

BAZ A

Are you sure that the King, Event, Dolphin and Mainstream 45s were all recorded by the same group? :thumbsup:

Social source share

CANT BE SURE ,CAN YOU CLARIFY?

BAZ A.

Above you wrote about the releases as if they all were by the same band. I thought that you perhaps had been in touch with someone in the group(s?) and know for a fact that all of those 45s were recorded by the same group. I personally think that some (or all) are unrelated groups that by coincidence picked the same band name. Again, I'm not sure about this but just asked you in case you knew for sure. I only know the line-up for the Event group. Not really important as far as the music goes and all of the Determinations 45s I've heard have been good, I'm just interested.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Above you wrote about the releases as if they all were by the same band. I thought that you perhaps had been in touch with someone in the group(s?) and know for a fact that all of those 45s were recorded by the same group. I personally think that some (or all) are unrelated groups that by coincidence picked the same band name. Again, I'm not sure about this but just asked you in case you knew for sure. I only know the line-up for the Event group. Not really important as far as the music goes and all of the Determinations 45s I've heard have been good, I'm just interested.

I REALLY DONT KNOW BUT HAVE A FEELING THAT THERE ARE THE SAME GROUP,THE VOCALS ON GOT TO GET YOU OFF MY MIND ON DOLPHIN AND THE MAINSTREAM RELEASE SOUND QUITE FAMILIAR TO THE VOCALS ON BING BONG AND THATS WHAT I LIKE ON INDEPENDENT RECORDS.

COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG ,THIS IS SOUL SOURCE SOMEONE WILL HAVE THE ANSWER.

BAZ A.

Social source share

I REALLY DONT KNOW BUT HAVE A FEELING THAT THERE ARE THE SAME GROUP,THE VOCALS ON GOT TO GET YOU OFF MY MIND ON DOLPHIN AND THE MAINSTREAM RELEASE SOUND QUITE FAMILIAR TO THE VOCALS ON BING BONG AND THATS WHAT I LIKE ON INDEPENDENT RECORDS.

COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG ,THIS IS SOUL SOURCE SOMEONE WILL HAVE THE ANSWER.

BAZ A.

the dolphin group is an ohio group, same group as the fabulous determinations, and is unrelated to the other groups. I think the king group is white and is not related to the important group, but I'm not sure.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert