Moving From 60s To 70s On Your Playlist

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest upsetterfc

Depends on what the desired effect is when transitioning...

Are you trying to keep the floor moving? Then the worst thing to do is have a pair of songs for transition. The dancers will pick up on that in no time and you'll have people drifting away when they hear the first song in the transition. It's better to play several songs that kinda blur the line between the two styles so when you play your 70s set it doesn't sound like an abrupt change. I'd keep at least a dozen songs on hand that you can slip between the defined styles for that sort of transition.

If you're trying to change the floor to get the 70s dancers out, then a pairing will work fine. It gives the dancers who don't like the 70s stuff a chance to slip off the floor without having a mass exodus when the styles change.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Valerie and Nick - Ill find you 70s? thought it was early 60's :D

The Bee Jays (superior) version is. Always thought V&N was later.

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Bros of soul "I`d be grateful" Boo

Claude Huey "Why would you blow it" galaxy

Soul bros inc "Pyramid" Golden eye

more recently

KOS

Keni Lewis on Buddah

Bloody hell there are hundreds but that link always seems to come up in my sets...and it always takes some thinking about!

Chris

Social source share

more recently

KOS

Keni Lewis on Buddah

Bloody hell there are hundreds but that link always seems to come up in my sets...and it always takes some thinking about!

Chris

Know what you mean mate ????? Hope your well, see ya soon.

Russ

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Depends on what the desired effect is when transitioning...

Are you trying to keep the floor moving? Then the worst thing to do is have a pair of songs for transition. The dancers will pick up on that in no time and you'll have people drifting away when they hear the first song in the transition. It's better to play several songs that kinda blur the line between the two styles so when you play your 70s set it doesn't sound like an abrupt change. I'd keep at least a dozen songs on hand that you can slip between the defined styles for that sort of transition.

If you're trying to change the floor to get the 70s dancers out, then a pairing will work fine. It gives the dancers who don't like the 70s stuff a chance to slip off the floor without having a mass exodus when the styles change.

If the divs learned to appreciate (and dance to) both styles, there wouldn't be a problem! Hit the Seventies buggers with a stomper, and the sixties mafia with Beloyd, then follow on with a Latimore side and some funk! Upset 'em all. It's the only way they'll learn! :thumbsup:

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Which 2 records do you put together that keeps your set tight moving from a 60s record to a 70s record and visa versa.

be very interetested how they go together.

EG; Tony & Tandy - bitter and the sweet 60s and say Valerie and Nick - Ill find you 70s

You get the idea

Mmmm, this sort of thing could lead to a new type of sound, we could call it crossover soul. :thumbsup:

Social source share

more recently

KOS

Keni Lewis on Buddah

Chris

Yeah, but I've heard some of your sets :thumbsup:shades.gif:thumbsup::ohmy::lol:

Social source share

Hit the Seventies buggers with a stomper, and the sixties mafia with Beloyd, then follow on with a Latimore side and some funk! Upset 'em all. It's the only way they'll learn! :thumbsup:

Hey welcome to the new Cleethorpes Beachcomber All-Dayers!! With a good few new releases chucked into the mix, what we had was a great big melting pot!

It's the only way IMHO

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert