Cant Access My Ebay Account?

Newer

OK, just tried to log in to my ebay account but it tells me my password is wrong but I know it isnt?

Just did a "forgot my password" thing, answered the questions and it said an email has been sent to my email address on file in My Ebay, but I didnt get it?

I have just emptied my Paypal account as a precaution but I need the link to the Instant messaging thingy where you talk to ebay on-line, anybody help?

Also. the 4 items I have up at the moment are still there and nothing bogus has been added but I am a bit worried

Thanks

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Panic over, just got the email, although it took 30 mins to arrive, and changed password. Not sure what the delay was but it scared the crap out of me!!!

No idea why it would suddenly block my password? Anybody else had this?

Social source share

Panic over, just got the email, although it took 30 mins to arrive, and changed password. Not sure what the delay was but it scared the crap out of me!!!

No idea why it would suddenly block my password? Anybody else had this?

This sounds similar to what happened to me after stupidly responding to a spoof email. I was unable to change my password as my User ID was shown as invalid - even though going through the "forgot User ID" process resulted in an email verifying that it was as I had entered.

My account had been "stolen" according to ebay. This resulted in me changing my User ID and passwords/security questions for both ebay and paypal, and cancelling/destroying my debit card. A real nightmare which could have been so easily avoided.

The spoof email was headed "Annual Account Verification Reminder" (or something very similar)

My problems were resolved thanks to this invaluable advice from Sean Hempsey:

TRY THIS.

Call them & Explain the situation.

Sounds like you've been spoofed and followed through on the dummy server.

The spoofer's now have your details and have locked you out.

Fear is, they can obtain your CC details if you have them on file with Ebay.

https://www.auctionhelpline.co.uk/

A dedicated eBay UK support line offering 24/7 Live eBay Help.

Auction Helpline offers live eBay telephone support on all eBay related issues.

Call Auction Helpline now. Live eBay help. We have the answer.

TEL: 0906 665 8030

Worth a shot.

Good luck

Sean

Hope it's all sorted now and that you weren't as foolish as myself.

-Kevin

post-4585-1183492347_thumb.jpg

Social source share

No, I dont think it was a spoof jobbie as I automatically delete anything that comes into my email and then check to see if it is ebay. I eventually got a change password email from ebay, that was what was causing my anxiety, but it arrived after 30 mins or so.

Been able to get in using my new password OK this morning with no apparent problems.

Social source share

No, I dont think it was a spoof jobbie as I automatically delete anything that comes into my email and then check to see if it is ebay. I eventually got a change password email from ebay, that was what was causing my anxiety, but it arrived after 30 mins or so.

Been able to get in using my new password OK this morning with no apparent problems.

found this on paypal site,after getting 5 spoof emails in a row but didnt click on any of them.Email Security

• Look for a PayPal Greeting: PayPal will never send an email with the greeting "Dear PayPal User" or "Dear PayPal Member." Real PayPal emails will address you by your first and last name or the business name associated with your PayPal account. If you believe you have received a fraudulent email, please forward the entire email "including the header information "to spoof@paypal.com. We investigate every spoof reported. Please note that the automatic response you get from us may not address you by name.
  • Don't share personal information via email: We will never ask you to enter your password or financial information in an email or send such information in an email. You should only share information about your account once you have logged in to https://www.paypal.com/.
  • Don't download attachments: PayPal will never send you an attachment or software update to install on your computer.

notice theyl always use your first and last name.hope this helps others in the future. mick

Social source share

• 1 year later...

This happened to me today. Ebay Login wouldn't accept my password, which has never changed. Live help on ebay told me that my password had been obtained by a third party somehow. My paypal account seems okay but to be sure I have deactivated the card used on it. Worrying though.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert