A Taste Of Honey - Thankyou

I'D JUST LIKE TO SAY......MANY THANKS TO ALL THE DJs WHO GAVE THEIR TIME AND ALL CARL & MARIAS FRIENDS WHO BRAVED A WET THURSDAY NIGHT IN SALFORD TO KICK OFF THEIR PEARL WEDDING ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS. THE TUNES WERE CLASS AS WAS THE SUPPORT FROM THE MANAGEMENT. I'M NOT GONNA WITTER ON......SUFFICE TO SAY WE WILL BE DOING IT ALL AGAIN SOON AND HOPEFULLY ON A BETTER NIGHT.

HOW ABOUT POSTING UP WHAT YOU PLAYED GUYS ?

THERE WAS SOME MEAN DOUBLE-DECKING GOING ON ! PHIL & LIAM (BELFAST SC) AND PAUL HAVEKIN & GEOFF BUCKLEY (CLASS ACTS !!!). PAUL DAVIES PLAYED SOME FINE R&B ....AND MIKE WARBURTON HIT THE SKA BUTTON WITH A TOP MIXTURE OF LESSER KNOWN & FAMILIAR TUNES . JOHN DUNNE WAS ACE AS WAS JOAN WHO NEVER FAILS TO GET FOLKS ON THE FLOOR.......BY THE TIME MYSELF AND V.SPECIAL GUEST (CW) GOT ON THERE WASN'T A WHOLE LOT OF TIME LEFT BUT WE ENJOYED IT AND THE WHOLE POINT OF THE NIGHT WAS TO HAVE A BIT OF FUN....WELL I KNOW I DID,,,,,,

APOLOGIES FOR ALL THE GIBBERISH I WAS TALKING ON THE MICROPHONE...........THAT'S THE WAY IT HAS TO BE !!! ONCE AGAIN ...MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO MADE IT DOWN TO 'A TASTE OF HONEY' ON BEHALF OF CARL & MARIA AND MYSELF & CARLOS........WE HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD NIGHT.....AND THANKYOU ALL FOR TURNING OUT ON SUCH A BEASTLY NIGHT !!! GOOD ON YA !! WELL ...ONLY THREE NIGHTS TO GO ON THIS MANCHESTER MARATHON WEEKEND OF SOUL..SO FAR...SO GOOD !!!!

WATCH OUT FOR FUTURE DATES !!!

CHRIS & CARLOS :thumbsup:

Edited by bearsoul
  • Replies 19
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks for such a great night the company was fantastic, the music was brilliant and your gibberish was hilarious!!...

Commands - Hey its love - Dynamic

Valerie and Nick - Dont you feel sorry - Glover

Belita woods - Magic Corner - Moira

Nate Evans - The look on your face - DPR

Kenny Sheppard - What difference does it make - Bell

Cant remember now what else i played but there's a few.... thanks again and i hope Carl and Maria had a great night and continue to have a brilliant weekend...

See you all soon

Liam

pissed up on beers and some fine tunes...Had to go early and feed the cat rolleyes.gif ...Well done Chris..Fine venue indeed..Paul Havekin played a tune that knocked the socks off me and Liam for sure.....

paul will probably tell you later but i think it was members of the staff i want to thank you on evejim records, i may have just got one thumbup.gif also the one liam like walter butterball davis girl stop beggging la cade. had a great time eevn though i left eraly'ish nice to meet some new people and put faces to them, Liam i hope you get out of warrington :lol:

thanks for the night chris enjoy yourself in mexico Top manchester DJ that you are :lol: .

all the best to call and maria only 15 more years to the big one.

Nice venue chris next time i think i will get the metro and have some real ale.

mark

Edited by mark.b

paul will probably tell you later but i think it was members of the staff i want to thank you on evejim records, i may have just got one thumbup.gif also the one liam like walter butterball davis girl stop beggging la cade. had a great time eevn though i left eraly'ish nice to meet some new people and put faces to them, Liam i hope you get out of warrington laugh.gif

thanks for the night chris enjoy yourself in mexico Top manchester DJ that you are :lol: .

all the best to call and maria only 15 more years to the big one.

Nice venue chris next time i think i will get the metro and have some real ale.

mark

your a wag Sir !! Good to see you .

Top DJ :lol: i'll never live that down will I !!!

my immediate answer was too risque whistling.gif

mark

IS THAT AN ANAGRAM...YOU KNOW 'THINGY-WOTSIT' WHERE THE LETTERS ARE MIXED UP AND YOU HAVE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE TO WORK IT OUT.....OR YOU COULD JUST SAY 'B******S AND TAKE UP A REAL-HOBBY LIKE 'GROWING THE BIGGEST LEAK IN THE WORLD' OR 'TENNIS !!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure: SERIOUSLY MARK IF YOU'VE NOT WITNESSED THE TWO EXOTIC DANCERS FROM KIRBY DOING THEIR THANG WELL YOU AINT LIVED !!!!!

Edited by bearsoul

Great Atmospheric Venue,look forward to the future dates, we really enjoyed the night. Many thanks to the Irish guys for their superb spots and Paul Haveking who played some excellent stuff,very hard to follow double decking with this guy but i did my best.Here is what i remember what i played,

I LOST YOU GIRL SIR GEORGE G&G

NO ONE TO LOVE ME GENE MIDDLETON FUNK FACTORY

ASK THE LONELY ELSIE STRONG SOUNDS INTERNATIONAL

GOT TO FIND ANOTHER GUY SHARON McMANN KAREN

NO ONE TO LOVE PAT LEWIS SOLID HIT

I LOST YOU HOLLIDAYS GROOVE CITY

LOVE IS WONDERFUL SHARON McMAHAN KAREN

LOTS OF HEART TOBY LARK U.S.D

I'M GONNA CRY A RIVER ROBERT WARD THELMA

I'LL NEVER FORGET TEMPOS DIAMOND JIM

NOW YOU HAVE TO CRY ALONE EDWARD HAMILTON LANROD.

Not forgetting Mr Bearsoul,fantastic setup.

Great Atmospheric Venue,look forward to the future dates, we really enjoyed the night. Many thanks to the Irish guys for their superb spots and Paul Haveking who played some excellent stuff,very hard to follow double decking with this guy but i did my best.Here is what i remember what i played,

I LOST YOU GIRL SIR GEORGE G&G

NO ONE TO LOVE ME GENE MIDDLETON FUNK FACTORY

ASK THE LONELY ELSIE STRONG SOUNDS INTERNATIONAL

GOT TO FIND ANOTHER GUY SHARON McMANN KAREN

NO ONE TO LOVE PAT LEWIS SOLID HIT

I LOST YOU HOLLIDAYS GROOVE CITY

LOVE IS WONDERFUL SHARON McMAHAN KAREN

LOTS OF HEART TOBY LARK U.S.D

I'M GONNA CRY A RIVER ROBERT WARD THELMA

I'LL NEVER FORGET TEMPOS DIAMOND JIM

NOW YOU HAVE TO CRY ALONE EDWARD HAMILTON LANROD.

Not forgetting Mr Bearsoul,fantastic setup.

CHEERS GEOFF...TOP MAN...TOP TUNES !!!!!!!!! SORTING DATES OUT.

AS YOU SAY 'GREAT ATMOSPHERIC VENUE' ! LENDS ITSELF PERFECTLY TO THE SUBLIME SOUL BEATS THAT WERE PUMPING OUT ALL NIGHT !

THANKYOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED CREATE A GRAND NIGHT OF CELEBRATION FOR CARL & MARIA !!! BIG THANKS TO ALL THE DJs LOCAL & THE EMERALD ISLE GANG (NORTH & SOUTH) WILL POST FUTURE DATES SOON thumbsup.gif

CPTN M

Congratulations to Carl and Maria on their wedding anniversary, had a fantastic night, great venue reminds a bit like where people would hold satanic rituals or is it botanic i can never remember anyway music was 1st class it had everything from mid-tempo,rare,R'nB' crossover and a nice set from Captain Ska-let Mike warburton. Nice to meet the emerald posse. Honoured to double deck with Geoff (your too modest) great tunes sir, looking forward to future events. This place even has its own sound and lighting man, quality and a big thanks to Chris and Carlos for putting the night on and asking me to spin a few heres what i played

Robert tanner - sweet memories - megatone

Soul majestics - missing you - Al-Tog

The Inverts - look out love - tower

The Danderliers - all the way - midas

The Rays - love another girl - amy

Mal adams & the cashmeres - since man began - emerge

August moon - wasted years - O-Gee

The Vondells - Lenora - marvello

Members of staff - I wanna thank you - evejim

107th stickball team - on old broadway - dorado

T&T - something on my mind - cobra

Walter (butterball) davies - girl stop begging - LaCade

Thanks again Paul.

Congratulations to Carl and Maria on their wedding anniversary, had a fantastic night, great venue reminds a bit like where people would hold satanic rituals or is it botanic i can never remember anyway music was 1st class it had everything from mid-tempo,rare,R'nB' crossover and a nice set from Captain Ska-let Mike warburton. Nice to meet the emerald posse. Honoured to double deck with Geoff (your too modest) great tunes sir, looking forward to future events. This place even has its own sound and lighting man, quality and a big thanks to Chris and Carlos for putting the night on and asking me to spin a few heres what i played

Thanks again Paul.

Yeah it was a great nite and here we are after 4 nites of celebrations for Maria and Carl's Pearl wedding anniversary, Happy Anniversary, lots more to come. What a cracker 4 nites of great soul tunes and the mistery guess CW spined some great tunes that had locals ant the International audience mesmerized. Thank you to all the DJs for such fine tunes. Paul, there would be more nites @ "the satanic ritual" place :thumbsup:

Carlos

Edited by 7daylover

Yes... t'was indeed lots of fun... especially you Mr. Morgan! :thumbsup:

A great little venue... run by folk who actually seemed to want us there... now there's a novelty!

That... along with good peeps and fab sounds... made for a rather enjoyable Thursday evening... GREAT STUFF :thumbsup:

What do they do with the Vacuum cleaner ? is it on Suck or Blow ??? :lol:

Regards Ritchie.

JUST A DIFFERENCE IN PRICE !!!! THE OLD LIMP STOCKING ROUTINE IS WORTH THE ENTRANCE FEE ALONE THOUGH !! LESS OF THIS VULGARITY MR ANDREW ! THIS IS A FAMILY SHOW ! :huh:

This night was the first of four for myself and Phil and it was a great wee venue, kept looking up at the ceiling :unsure: half expecting it to open up like a music box!! very cool venue :P guys.

Great to meet up with old friends and meet new faces as well..

Just like to add a very BIG thankyou to Chris and Carlos who had us stay over with them the four nights and partied day and night :D with us..

quote of the weekend ... "just one more.. it's the law!"

love jo x

This night was the first of four for myself and Phil and it was a great wee venue, kept looking up at the ceiling :lol: half expecting it to open up like a music box!! very cool venue :lol: guys.

Great to meet up with old friends and meet new faces as well..

Just like to add a very BIG thankyou to Chris and Carlos who had us stay over with them the four nights and partied day and night :unsure: with us..

quote of the weekend ... "just one more.. it's the law!"

love jo x

THE PLEASURE WAS ALL OURS JO AND WE'VE ANOTHER WEE HAPPENING ON THE 26TH AUGUST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOTSA LUV CnC XXXXXXXXXXX

Guest Richard Bergman

Thanks again Paul.

I have two doo-wop records by the Dandeliers Paul ,

Any chance of a sounclip for this record out of curiousity.

Edited by Richard Bergman

Source Advert