• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest vinylvixen

no offers thanks

pete.smith@freeuk.com

Not even my first born child and 3 camels?? biggrin.gif C'mon Pete, the Vanguards is worth that :rolleyes: Jo

Social source share

THE VANGUARDS - GOOD TIMES, BAD TIMES - LAMP

Totally mint unplayed

£1500

no offers thanks

pete.smith@freeuk.com

I would love this but I still can't get my head round spending 1500 quid on a record :D

I'm not taking the micky here I just couldn't bring myself to do it, dunno why. Actually I'm beginning to think it is all a bit mad. Maybe I should sell up. :wicked:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I would love this but I still can't get my head round spending 1500 quid on a record :D

I'm not taking the micky here I just couldn't bring myself to do it, dunno why. Actually I'm beginning to think it is all a bit mad. Maybe I should sell up. :wicked:

You should've haggled with John Weston whilst you had the chance :no: (see my post in 'Prices' in 'Look in your box')

Social source share

It's like buying a painting or a sculpture or an antique. People buy whatever makes them happy. On the other hand, I look at my brother working 40 hours a week on crappy shifts bringing home £200 a week, and I sell one record for £200 some days. Doesn't make a lot of sense really.

Social source share

It's like buying a painting or a sculpture or an antique. People buy whatever makes them happy. On the other hand, I look at my brother working 40 hours a week on crappy shifts bringing home £200 a week, and I sell one record for £200 some days. Doesn't make a lot of sense really.

ah but he made £200, you just received £200 (i assume you dont get your tune for free) :wicked:

Social source share

Then why are you always so grumpy??? Sounds like you've got it made!!! tongue.gif

Social source share

Baz, if you think "Good Times, Bad Times" is pants then you are genuinely on the wrong scene. It's one of the reasons the whole thing is going in any shape or form. All The Vanguards 45 are worth a listen, including "The Thought...", but "Good Times" is a record in a million in terms of enducing excitement. The Vanguards were a genuinely talented vocal group with strength and depth within their lineup; the quality of their singing puts them up there with The Dells, Dramatics and Temptations for me.

While I accept that you may think this particular 45 is overpriced compared to the rest of their output, to cal it "pants" is churlish. I suppose it helps to illuminate where you are on the scene relative to where Mark Dobson is.

Yours in soul, gareth.

Social source share

Baz, if you think "Good Times, Bad Times" is pants then you are genuinely on the wrong scene. It's one of the reasons the whole thing is going in any shape or form. All The Vanguards 45 are worth a listen, including "The Thought...", but "Good Times" is a record in a million in terms of enducing excitement. The Vanguards were a genuinely talented vocal group with strength and depth within their lineup; the quality of their singing puts them up there with The Dells, Dramatics and Temptations for me.

While I accept that you may think this particular 45 is overpriced compared to the rest of their output, to cal it "pants" is churlish. I suppose it helps to illuminate where you are on the scene relative to where Mark Dobson is.

Yours in soul, gareth.

Oh so thats why every one likes it then :thumbup:

Couldn't give a flying f*** where i am compared to 'the mighty one' :D dont like the record simple, the thought of losing your love p*ss's all over 'good times' with out a shadow of a doubt

Social source share

Guest moggy

I would love this but I still can't get my head round spending 1500 quid on a record :thumbup:

I'm not taking the micky here I just couldn't bring myself to do it, dunno why. Actually I'm beginning to think it is all a bit mad. Maybe I should sell up. :D

Collecting is Collecting

There are people all over who collect the oddest things as we all know

Some pay fortunes for stamps, coins, paintings, dinky cars you name it & a majority of us would think there mad.

So collecting vinyl is no different

I think the difference lies in we collect an item that can used, where as most things under the collecting umbrella are viewed.

This opens up vinyl to a larger genre of collectors, and where as we may like art etc, we seriously are never going to attempt to be a collector of it, as the mass majority would never be able to fund that type of collecting addiction, where as vinyl can be something collected, for not a great amount in realistic terms

Yes there are those who can afford top end records, and they can sit on them and not have to worry about how much they have paid for them but thats life unfortunatly

Without theses people we wouldnt have much of collecting scene I believe

When I first started collecting nearly thirty years ago, there were collectors around then, who shall we say had the funds to buy basicaly any record that came around at the top end, they paid prices I could only imagine, to be able to afford, I didnt think it was mad, I just knew I couldnt compete at that level

But it made my scale and affordability of records that bit sweeter when I did pick up a top tune for the right price.

I dont know whether I have got the point over :lol: all I am trying to say is £1500 is a lot for a record but its not if you collect them.

Much rather pay that and have something I can keep for a long time and hopefully not lose anything

Than buy a new car for say £15k and know, ive lost 3k as soon as I pick it up

Now thats mad to me !

Social source share

overplayed?

I only ever hear Andy Dyson playing it

At the first Lifeline weekender some wag named it "Good Times, Bad Times, Nine Times"...

A select number of DJs seemed to have it and insisted on crowbarring it into their sets to the detriment of other (lesser priced?) tunes.

Having said that, I've not heard it out so much lately.

Social source share

All The Vanguards 45 are worth a listen

would agree with you there Gareth.

Ballad lovers should check out their "Woman come home" on Indie 91 a missing Lamp number me thinks; well my inner lazy detective reckons so, at least it fits the numbering system Lamp used and there's no known release on 91. Two plus two equals.....

derek

Social source share

At the first Lifeline weekender some wag named it "Good Times, Bad Times, Nine Times"...

A select number of DJs seemed to have it and insisted on crowbarring it into their sets to the detriment of other (lesser priced?) tunes.

Having said that, I've not heard it out so much lately.

that would explain the 3 copies ive seen for sale in the last 3 months

only saw one last year for sale

Social source share

would agree with you there Gareth.

Ballad lovers should check out their "Woman come home" on Indie 91 a missing Lamp number me thinks; well my inner lazy detective reckons so, at least it fits the numbering system Lamp used and there's no known release on 91. Two plus two equals.....

derek

It may be Lamp 90 Derek, but Lamp 91 is 'Come see about her' by The Indy's

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!