indiana45s

Survivors - Good Baby (valli)

Yes, it is a Carl spin. It appeared on ebay, described as a 'Vondelles sound-a-like"! I thought it looked interesting but without a soundclip I wasn't going to risk it. Carl did, and got a new spin out of it! On the tune itself, its OK, not brilliant, but I hate the 'Humpty Dumpty heading for a fall" line! blush.gif Can't stand nursery rhyme references in songs, and it totaly spoils it for me! :huh:

Edited by trevski

Yes, it is a Carl spin. It appeared on ebay, described as a 'Vondelles sound-a-like"! I thought it looked interesting but without a soundclip I wasn't going to risk it. Carl did, and got a new spin out of it! On the tune itself, its OK, not brilliant, but I hate the 'Humpty Dumpty heading for a fall" line! blush.gif   Can't stand nursery rhyme references in songs, and it totaly spoils it for me! :huh:

link

Yeah thats it , couldnt remember the bit where it starts to get a bit cheesy -

I can see why people like it quite a catchy guitar bit and singalong 2baaabbby" bit

:yes:

Yes, it is a Carl spin. It appeared on ebay, described as a 'Vondelles sound-a-like"! I thought it looked interesting but without a soundclip I wasn't going to risk it. Carl did, and got a new spin out of it! On the tune itself, its OK, not brilliant, but I hate the 'Humpty Dumpty heading for a fall" line! :shades:   Can't stand nursery rhyme references in songs, and it totaly spoils it for me! :D

link

What did it make?

I agree with Mike, this type of sound is not my usual cup of tea, and after listening to the clip I am even more convinced this is not for me. When I heard it out though, which was the first time I heard it, it sounded really good, almost like a totally different record. Maybe it was becuase I was drunk.

It does indeed sound far better when played out loud, i fact totally different record if you follow my drift. Had great dance floor reaction for Carl and now the same for me also.

Its a long one too, clocks in at 4 minutes 14 seconds I think. Apparently the group are Vietnam vets.

Edited by chalky

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links