St Ives Allnighter A Cellar Full Of Soul

• Replies 111
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

really looking forward to this and its only 3 miles from me front door..Me and Wend know how to travel :ohmy: lol.see ya'll there.

Hi John,

I might be down in St Ives late afternoon so may give you a bell to hook up if you're about. I'll let you know...

really looking forward to this, months n months of hard work

thanks all concerned especailly steve, sue, andy :rolleyes: and everyone else who

have helped put the good word out, and flyers.

russ

As joint promoter's with russ myself and sue would also like to thank all concerned for their effort's with flyer distribution , weve been plugging this event since mid- april so we'll see you all friday for a top night of soul music. :thumbup::wub::(

As joint promoter's with russ myself and sue would also like to thank all concerned for their effort's with flyer distribution , weve been plugging this event since mid- april so we'll see you all friday for a top night of soul music. :rolleyes::thumbup::wub:

Looking forward to this one , see ya friday.

Steve

Guest James Trouble

Yes mate,Just so happens i'm off work this week so any time you like.See ya tomorrow.

Good to know, I'll give you a bell. Being taken out for dinner tonight by 'the company' and day off work tomorrow so when I head up to St Ives will depend on the hang over...

Russ do you have the Dj times yet,also are Mick H & A Dyson still on as i see there on

at Lowton the same night,there a busy couple of lads if there on at both :rolleyes:

Dave f..............

Yes dave.i will doing Lowton first.then in my helicoptor down to st.ives.as steve booked me 6 months ago for st.ives

The Lifeline showcase at lowton came aboat 2 months ago.

as i was away in germany and missed the Lifeline allnighter 2 weeks ago.

dare.nt miss this as the rev dyson will think the worst of me if i miss this to

so see ya friday

Mick

Yes dave.i will doing Lowton first.then in my helicoptor down to st.ives.as steve booked me 6 months ago for st.ives

The Lifeline showcase at lowton came aboat 2 months ago.

as i was away in germany and missed the Lifeline allnighter 2 weeks ago.

dare.nt miss this as the rev dyson will think the worst of me if i miss this to

so see ya friday

Mick

We are sorry to have to announce that Mr Dyson will be unable to D.J for us, But we are very pleased to announce after several phone calls we have the services of Carl Fortnum to complete the D.J line up.This now takes us back up to 13 D.J's as originally advertised . look forward to seeing you all tomorrow

Steve , Sue & Russ :rolleyes::wicked::wicked::lol::lol:

Depending on how it goes tomorrow with work, im hoping to pop along for a few hours, got to work all weekend now been looking forward to this event for ages :rolleyes: see you tomorrow albeit briefly

This event looks interesting. I presume it's St. Ives in Cambs and not St.Ives in Cornwall? Pity about losing Andy Dysons services. If you don't mind me saying so, you should have just given the other DJ's more time instead of rushing out and booking a replacement. Kitch deserves more than 45mins, fookin brilliant at Burnley the other month.

I'm gonna try and get down to this from Lowton. Maybe Mick will give me a lift in his hellicopter, ha ha!

Will the Northants 3 amigo's be there?

Is the venue easy to find? Got an address and a contact number I can ring if I get lost?

atb. Phil.

Really easy to find Phil, its straight off the A14 J23 i think then about a mile up the road on the left, not really sure the best way for you to go from burnley the M6, M1 and A1 all pick up the A14 stick the post code in the route finder online and it will give you the quickest route :rolleyes:

This event looks interesting. I presume it's St. Ives in Cambs and not St.Ives in Cornwall? Pity about losing Andy Dysons services. If you don't mind me saying so, you should have just given the other DJ's more time instead of rushing out and booking a replacement. Kitch deserves more than 45mins, fookin brilliant at Burnley the other month.

I'm gonna try and get down to this from Lowton. Maybe Mick will give me a lift in his hellicopter, ha ha!

Is the venue easy to find? Got an address and a contact number I can ring if I get lost?

atb. Phil.

hi phil, i will pm you my mobile number. regards losing mr dyson, yes is a shame as we have

put out 8000 flyers to highlight lineup over the last six months, then to be told on monday night that he couldnt make it as catherine tate would say " what a f**king liberty".

regards the dj times listed on a previous post we can now confirm lineup and times

regards

russ

. Kitch deserves more than 45mins, ?

atb. Phil.

[/quot

Hi Phil

You will be pleased to learn Kitch as been given an hour spot thumbup.gif ,as well as gettin carl in for andy .will post times later be great to see you for a night of quality soul , we've just been up the club to set up ready for tomorrow night

see you there steve , sue & russ :lol::no::P

OK LINEUP AND TIMES;

8.00 - 8.45 NOGSEY

8.45 - 9.30 YOUNG BRETT SMITH

9.30 - 10.15 PAUL DONNELLY

10.15 - 11.00 STEVE

11.00 - 11.45 CARL FORTNUM

11.45 - 12.45 ARTHUR FENN

12.45 - 1.30 TREV SMITH

1.30 - 2.30 KITCH

2.30 - 3.30 MICK H

3.30 - 4.30 JAMES TROUBLE

4.30 - 5.15 HAMMIE

5.15 - 6.00 RUSS

6.00 - 7.00 TONY WAROT

Guest gordon russell

atb. Phil.

think they will sir...not sure the full compliment? but at least two

Guest Officer Dibble

OK LINEUP AND TIMES;

8.00 - 8.45 NOGSEY

10.15 - 11.00 STEVE

12.45 - 1.30 TREV SMITH

1.30 - 2.30 KITCH

2.30 - 3.30 MICK H

4.30 - 5.15 HAMMIE

5.15 - 6.00 RUSS

6.00 - 7.00 TONY WAROT

Really looking forward to tomorrow ,a night not to be missed I.M.O

Guest dedicatedsoul

a few days to go!!

cant wait will be going down thursday night to get venue ready

tables,chairs,table cloths,candles,peanuts.... :lol:

Hi Russ, hope all go's well tomorrow nite, came to last one, nice venue have got other things on this weekend but will try and make it if only for a couple of hours, well proberly go to Wendy's and John's first and come with them if can make it, hope to see you, all the best

Dave

Hi Russ, hope all go's well tomorrow nite, came to last one, nice venue have got other things on this weekend but will try and make it if only for a couple of hours, well proberly go to Wendy's and John's first and come with them if can make it, hope to see you, all the best

Dave

thankyou dave, hope you can make it

regards

russ

i wont reply to your first mail paul,second one excepted,we advertised 13 djs we give you 13 djs and no politics, just lots of hard work by all concerned.

its about the music that counts and people enjoying themselves

Well said Russ! See ya there (me n a few others from Northants)

Lol x

:lol:

Bearsy,

still waiting to meet ya' - so think hard mate and get yourself there. Think it will be a blinder..

Mark C

ps not sure how the Gills are doing but with Norwich struggling we could be playing you in the future!!

Hi Mark, i have to give up on this one as circumstances have dictated :lol: , daughters birthday and a few other things have got in the way (does that sound selish :thumbup: ) but will defo be at one very soon, gutted as ive held out to the last minute but thats life sometimes, have a great night which i dont think will be a problem looking at the line up and the response from on here and hopefully catch up very soon,

enjoy all and while the kids karaoke is going on i will be thinking of you all :lol:

Bearsy

hi all,

cant wait for this one gonna b really good to get behind the decks again at the lel !!

hope you can all make it as there something for everyone here!

be great to see some old faces again too that i haven't seen for abit.

seeya all tmz nite!

Brett

hey young brett, i hope your music policy is better than that stuff earlier in ur car lol

reminded me of david platt out of corrie :lol:

really want to wish you the best for your spot :thumbup:

regards

russ

Hi Mark, i have to give up on this one as circumstances have dictated :lol: , daughters birthday and a few other things have got in the way (does that sound selish :thumbup: ) but will defo be at one very soon, gutted as ive held out to the last minute but thats life sometimes, have a great night which i dont think will be a problem looking at the line up and the response from on here and hopefully catch up very soon,

enjoy all and while the kids karaoke is going on i will be thinking of you all :lol:

Bearsy

It certainly does sound selfish! How dare your daughter have a birthday that interferes with a night of Northern Soul?? :lol:

It certainly does sound selfish! How dare your daughter have a birthday that interferes with a night of Northern Soul?? :thumbup:

selfish little thing she is Maark, i knew all them years ago i should of timed it a bit better :lol: , looks like i have to try a bit harder for Rugby then, how you doing Maark and are you doing Rugby mate

Well said Russ! See ya there (me n a few others from Northants)

Lol x

:thumbup:

Edited by gibber

agreed 100% and a bit more. Even Doddsy and his Mrs are coming over with us, PLUS a few of the old W'sey reprobates.

A lot of effort has gone into this one therefore I sincerely and genuinely hope that the promoters efforts are rewarded with a large enthusiastic turnout.

Btw I noticed in our local charity shop window a sale sign that read..

"NORTHAMPTON TOWN DO DOUBLE OVER POSH"

CASSETTE ONLY £2, BEETAMAX PLAYER £90" :thumbup:

Cya later...

Edited by PaulDonnelly

Maark knows i mean it too :lol: i actually like Northampton fc as they do very well for a small club in Peterborough :lol:

Russoul and Bearsy, what a comedy double act! Considering your football clubs are floundering in the Cobblers wake, I think you ought to keep it quiet. :lol: And talking of Rugby, at Northampton also has one of the top teams in England, albeit temporarily languishing at the top of div 2. Gillingham, Peterborough..pah! Talking of Rugby, no Bearsy, can't make it there Saturday. :lol:

See you all later and after enduring hours of modern at the last two do's I've been to, am looking forward to a good dance! :thumbup:

See you all later and after enduring hours of modern at the last two do's I've been to, am looking forward to a good dance! thumbsup.gif
well mark me too mate, it took sue a while to sort out dj rota and times, with 13 djs of

different musical variety, also trying to give you the punter a wide spectrum of soul music 60s/70s

modern/r&b etc was not a easy task being a one room event. but i think the lineup is perfect for everyone imo.

history tells us that previous events we have had at this venue, that the crowd tends to come in

early so even the early doors djs have a crowd to play to.

so all in all hopefully a top night for everyone, dancers, listeners, drinkers!!, djs :thumbsup:

see you later

russ

OK LINEUP AND TIMES;

8.00 - 8.45 NOGSEY

10.15 - 11.00 STEVE

12.45 - 1.30 TREV SMITH

1.30 - 2.30 KITCH

2.30 - 3.30 MICK H

4.30 - 5.15 HAMMIE

5.15 - 6.00 RUSS

6.00 - 7.00 TONY WAROT

again dj lineup

also drivers dont forget DESIGNATED DRIVERS FREE SOFT DRINKS SCHEME

also dont forget DRINKS PROMOTIONS ALSO A FEW HAPPY HOURS DURING THE NIGHT

also dont forget HOT DRINKS AND FOOD DURING THE NIGHT

also dont forget FIRST SERVED FOR THE BEANBAGS!!

also dont forget TURNING UP LOL!!

Guest James Trouble

Biased opinion from me .. Great version, rare as F*c* .. ( Been looking for years for one)

Will try to make this, great DJ line up and my old stomping ground too .

It'd be mighty fine to see you there tonight Russ, not sure I've seen you since the last Soul Revolution? I'll have a box of flyers and posters in the car for the NYE party so it'll save me posting em down to you if you make it along wink.gif And I don't think you'll be disappointed with the party tonight, the promoters have put a ridiculous amount of effort into plugging this event all over the country, the venue is top notch, one of the best on the scene, with a fantastic sound system that blows pretty much anything around out the water, a huge dance floor, really easy to get to right in the middle of the country, cheap drinks, and even free soft drinks for the drivers. And on top of all that the DJ line up is rather impressive as well, and personally I'm really pleased that Carl Fortnum has been added as he's one of my favourate DJs. If there's a party this side of the English Channel that is more deserving to have punters bouncing off the walls and sweat dripping from the ceiling I'd like to know where it is...

A couple of bits to do in Essex then heading off up the M11. See you all on the dance floor...

Guest BigPaul

Not Long To this now. really looking 4wrd to it, Just two of us coming from Mansfield .Hoping to land bout 10ish A1 permitting. Got to agree bout Kitch great spot at DKOF earlier in year.Should be a cracker.

Regards

Paul

The Attic

Guest mrallsorts

hI ALL :thumbup:

I'll be coming down tonite. Its one of those rare occasions that I'm not actually working :thumbsup:

I'm gonna try my best to get there for young Bretts set.He's got a lot of great tunage in his box.

Sadly Can't stay all night though, got kids in the morning and djing sat night.

Well done to you all thumbsup.gif

Source Advert