Farnborough Fc Soul Night

Guest Bearsy

Well wher do i start :no:

This was my first visit to Farnborough FC Soul Night and wont be my last either, Arrived at the venue about 8-30 and yes it was a massive car park but i still managed to park too close to a hairdressers car but hey thats me :lol: , I was greeted at the door by Chris and his lovely lady Kerry and after a couple of minutes of chit chat made my way in and to the bar where Mischief and his Lovely wifey Emma were standing with smiley Dean and Liz, within a few moments i had my first scare of the night but thankfully it turned out to be a false alarm as it was only Helen (outonthefloor) coming to say hello with her very suffering husband Mark :( , I was very suprised to hear some quality tunes being played as Ian (supercorsa) was DJing :P no seriously Ian played some absolutely cracking tunes and set the night up with Mischief due on afterwards, A couple of tunes in his set Mischief had all the chin strokers rushing up to the decks to hear his latest discovery as the tramp had been trawling through the closing down sale at his local record shop and had found that was to some a decent tune but for me i needed to know what it was to make sure i didnt make the mistake of buying it (bloody disco). next for me was bumping into my good old mate Moldie and we had a great little chat until i made the mistake and asked him how his first set went and what he played but to my amazement he wanted to get his playbox and go through his set that way with me but i had to be honest and just tell him that i wasnt really that interested and was only making small talk to be friendly.there seemed to be a conspiracy that everyone thought i had been to court as i had a shirt on and that i was looking a bit guilty but as ever my innocence shone through and yes Mischief i sneakily put the shirt back on me neighbours line :( It wasnt long before Mischiefs set had finished and the floor was very very busy and wanting more and it wasnt long before the next Dj Andy came on and pulled out some top top tunes and kept the floor rammed with superb dancers and he also managed to clear the floor too for a couple of tunes but not for the lack of quality but purely for the reason the dancers either didnt know them or they were needing a break but for me this was the set of the night so well done that man , To say ui was then a bit shocked having come back from the toilets to find moldie threatening to get his tadger out at the bar but when i tried to give him a hand he quickly run away holding on to his trousers for dear life then for the biggest round of applause of the night MOLDIE BOUGHT A DRINK AT THE BAR FOR HELEN :lol: next up on the decks was Pete Kelross who as ever played a great set of mixed tempos which during his set at some point i was outside having a fag and talking to Emma and how angry she was that some moron had to park so close to her car when the carpark was so massive and it really hit a nerve with her so it was then as my friend Lidgia (hairdresser) came out for a fag too and caught on to mine and Emma`s conversation and i then offered to move my car and which then Emma realised that i was that moron laugh.gif and with this my friend Lidgia said "oh you on about parking next to that hairdressers car(i called it that on the way in) to which the reply from Emma was what you could say very interesting "i am not a hair dresser i have a PROPER job) cue me standing there crying my insides to peices while poor old Emma didnt realise that Lidgia was a hairdresser :D i tried my hardest to keep the conversation going about putting hairdresses down until the penny dropped and Emma realised that Lidgia just happened to be one and I have never laughed so mush and i couldnt wait to go in and tell everybody too :hypo: then for the last set and up went Chris and with the help of a few mates actually managed to stand up straight and stop wobbling enough (shandy next time for you mate) to be able to put a great set to take us up and past the finishing time and a close of what was a fantastic night and one i would reccomend for sure, btw i also had some really strange lady come up to me and lick my face so if you ever decide to make a visit to Farnborough then beware of a very strange lady with a big tounge :no:

well that was that but no it wasnt actually as i thought i would save the best to last Simon M (Murray) had drunk a little too much and the last few Sambukas we forced down his neck made a very quick return to the outside world and it was a very long drive home with the poor fella hanging out the door bringing up what could only be explained as a very interesting site with enough water melon to feed an army, conversation with Simon was obviously at a level i couldnt understand as the only thing i could make out was the sudden groans of im fooked but 2 hours later we managed to get him to his front door which was an amazing sight to see as i was actually concerned wether he could make the 10 yard journey up the path poor lad, i finally arrived home at 3-30am with a big smile on me face and a few great memories that will stay with me forever and for me thats what it is all about,

I also had loads of interest in my SSLAAS badge i wore with pride

thats about that i reckon and if you want me to be honest i would seriously reccomend this night, great little venue and fantastic freindly people.

Bearsy

Edited by Bearsy
  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all your kind words bearsy. Still feeling a little wobbley so i wont go into great detail about another great night had at Farnborough. I would just like to say a big thanks to all the dj`s for playing great sets. And a big thanks to all that made the journey and made this a great night. oh yeah and thanks to my minder misfit for looking after my records whilse i was playing or swaying lol :lol:

THANKS ALL. I will try to post my playlist later once i have sorted my box out. The next Farnborough do is on 19th jan so put it into your diary`s. DJ`s to be confirmed soon :hypo:

All I can say is the other Simon is a much better drinker than me .. or maybe it was that whole watermelon I ate for tea :lol:

A great night , from what I can remember :no:

Simon ( lightwieght) M

Afternoon Simon,

how is the head this morning :no:

you really do need to take a good look at yourself and your drink problem mate :P

until next time try and sober up :hypo:

Afternoon Simon,

how is the head this morning :no:

you really do need to take a good look at yourself and your drink problem mate :no:

until next time try and sober up :hypo:

Its banging , just got some pain killers . Im just well off form on the drinking :lol:

Shame Moldie , was not on again for a Soulful disco set ... did you have any of those big $$$ tunes in that sales box Bearsy ..

Its banging , just got some pain killers . Im just well off form on the drinking :)

Shame Moldie , was not on again for a Soulful disco set ... did you have any of those big $$$ tunes in that sales box Bearsy ..

No i didnt mate i kept me cash in me pocket :)

you up for Hemel Hempstead in a couple of weeks time for much of the same :lol:

Whats Hemel about ? will there be lots of 1975 and upwards played

who cares we will just go on a proper bender again :)

Dr Pickles (Chris) puts this doo on with a couple of other fellas and play anything thats going to fill the dance floor so yes there could well be some modern played, will find out more when they post it up on events,

anyway did you enjoy the sounds last night Simon, plenty of top quality tunes :)

who cares we will just go on a proper bender again :lol:

Dr Pickles (Chris) puts this doo on with a couple of other fellas and play anything thats going to fill the dance floor so yes there could well be some modern played, will find out more when they post it up on events,

anyway did you enjoy the sounds last night Simon, plenty of top quality tunes :)

Yeah pretty good sounds that Andy did best IMHO , could do with a Hardcore event for 60's 70's and 80's though but they are all closing down :)

Very enjoyable night yet again down at Farnborough. Just like to thank Chris for asking me down to spin a few tunes. Nice to meet the Kent Kollective down there, the streets of Medway must have been deserted last night. :)

Here' s what I played after Moldies RnB set (or is it Northern Skiffle, Bearsy? :) ) and before Mischief took over...

Etta James - Mellow Fellow - Argo

Syl Johnson - Try Me - Twilight

Jimmy Robins - I Can't Please You - Jerhart

Mack Rice - Baby I'm Coming Home - Lu Pine

Freddie Scott - I'll Be Gone - Shout

The Ambassadors - (I've Got To Find) Happiness - Atlantic

The Exits - You Got To Have Money - Gemini

Billy Butler - Help Yourself - Brunswick

Darrow Fletcher - My Young Misery - Groovy

Deon Jackson - I Can't Go On - Carla promo

Edwin Starr - I Have Faith In You - Ric Tic (request)

Terri Bryant - Geni - Verve

Barbara Mercer - Call On Me - Sidra dj

Theresa Lindsey - Daddy-O - Golden World dj

Azie Mortimer - You Can't Take It Away - Okeh

Gigi & The Charmaines - I Don't Wanna Lose Him - Kent 27th Anniv

The Magicians - (Just A Little) Faith And Understanding - Kent 25th Anniv

The Shalimars - Stop And Take A Look At Yourself - Verve dj

Lorraine Rudolph - Keep Coming Back For More - Jetstream

Kim Weston - I'm Still Loving You - Tamla

Edited by Supercorsa

great record , but ya know Bearsy is too scared to play it or maybe its too cheap for his sets ? :)

I was not scared to play that quality tune but it was hard to fit in that 30 minute set with so many others to choose from, you tried to bully me into playing it and you should know me better, im my own man and every record will have its day in my collection but i decide when and not you ok :lol:

Great set Ian and well put together too :) ,

I was not scared to play that quality tune but it was hard to fit in that 30 minute set with so many others to choose from, you tried to bully me into playing it and you should know me better, im my own man and every record will have its day in my collection but i decide when and not you ok :)

I just made a couple of decent requests and you refused em :)

Hi Chris & Moldie,

Another top night great music all through the night something for everyone,

and everyone up fot it.

Thanks for the lift Ian good to see you and your good lady again,

See you soon

Terry

Guest kent soul club

Well wher do i start :P

This was my first visit to Farnborough FC Soul Night and wont be my last either, Arrived at the venue about 8-30 and yes it was a massive car park but i still managed to park too close to a hairdressers car but hey thats me :lol: , I was greeted at the door by Chris and his lovely lady Kerry and after a couple of minutes of chit chat made my way in and to the bar where Mischief and his Lovely wifey Emma were standing with smiley Dean and Liz, within a few moments i had my first scare of the night but thankfully it turned out to be a false alarm as it was only Helen (outonthefloor) coming to say hello with her very suffering husband Mark :D , I was very suprised to hear some quality tunes being played as Ian (supercorsa) was DJing laugh.gif no seriously Ian played some absolutely cracking tunes and set the night up with Mischief due on afterwards, A couple of tunes in his set Mischief had all the chin strokers rushing up to the decks to hear his latest discovery as the tramp had been trawling through the closing down sale at his local record shop and had found that was to some a decent tune but for me i needed to know what it was to make sure i didnt make the mistake of buying it (bloody disco). next for me was bumping into my good old mate Moldie and we had a great little chat until i made the mistake and asked him how his first set went and what he played but to my amazement he wanted to get his playbox and go through his set that way with me but i had to be honest and just tell him that i wasnt really that interested and was only making small talk to be friendly.there seemed to be a conspiracy that everyone thought i had been to court as i had a shirt on and that i was looking a bit guilty but as ever my innocence shone through and yes Mischief i sneakily put the shirt back on me neighbours line :P It wasnt long before Mischiefs set had finished and the floor was very very busy and wanting more and it wasnt long before the next Dj Andy came on and pulled out some top top tunes and kept the floor rammed with superb dancers and he also managed to clear the floor too for a couple of tunes but not for the lack of quality but purely for the reason the dancers either didnt know them or they were needing a break but for me this was the set of the night so well done that man , To say ui was then a bit shocked having come back from the toilets to find moldie threatening to get his tadger out at the bar but when i tried to give him a hand he quickly run away holding on to his trousers for dear life then for the biggest round of applause of the night MOLDIE BOUGHT A DRINK AT THE BAR FOR HELEN :lol: next up on the decks was Pete Kelross who as ever played a great set of mixed tempos which during his set at some point i was outside having a fag and talking to Emma and how angry she was that some moron had to park so close to her car when the carpark was so massive and it really hit a nerve with her so it was then as my friend Lidgia (hairdresser) came out for a fag too and caught on to mine and Emma`s conversation and i then offered to move my car and which then Emma realised that i was that moron :lol: and with this my friend Lidgia said "oh you on about parking next to that hairdressers car(i called it that on the way in) to which the reply from Emma was what you could say very interesting "i am not a hair dresser i have a PROPER job) cue me standing there crying my insides to peices while poor old Emma didnt realise that Lidgia was a hairdresser :lol: i tried my hardest to keep the conversation going about putting hairdresses down until the penny dropped and Emma realised that Lidgia just happened to be one and I have never laughed so mush and i couldnt wait to go in and tell everybody too :D then for the last set and up went Chris and with the help of a few mates actually managed to stand up straight and stop wobbling enough (shandy next time for you mate) to be able to put a great set to take us up and past the finishing time and a close of what was a fantastic night and one i would reccomend for sure, btw i also had some really strange lady come up to me and lick my face so if you ever decide to make a visit to Farnborough then beware of a very strange lady with a big tounge :lol:

well that was that but no it wasnt actually as i thought i would save the best to last Simon M (Murray) had drunk a little too much and the last few Sambukas we forced down his neck made a very quick return to the outside world and it was a very long drive home with the poor fella hanging out the door bringing up what could only be explained as a very interesting site with enough water melon to feed an army, conversation with Simon was obviously at a level i couldnt understand as the only thing i could make out was the sudden groans of im fooked but 2 hours later we managed to get him to his front door which was an amazing sight to see as i was actually concerned wether he could make the 10 yard journey up the path poor lad, i finally arrived home at 3-30am with a big smile on me face and a few great memories that will stay with me forever and for me thats what it is all about,

thats about that i reckon and if you want me to be honest i would seriously reccomend this night, great little venue and fantastic freindly people.

Bearsy

Can't you give us a bit more information about the night mate, you must have left something out!

Guest kent soul club

Sorry we didn't arrive 'til about quarter to ten, but still had about three hours of quality soul. Nice to meet Supercorsa and the Bournemouth fellas, and cheers Jonah for the records, five out of the eight I love and the others could be growers. Not bad for a lucky dip!

Well done Chris, class night.

Magoo. :D

Can't you give us a bit more information about the night mate, you must have left something out!

oh yeah i forgot to put the bit about Moldie letching around your sister all night Martin :D

Well wher do i start :P

This was my first visit to Farnborough FC Soul Night and wont be my last either, Arrived at the venue about 8-30 and yes it was a massive car park but i still managed to park too close to a hairdressers car but hey thats me :lol: , I was greeted at the door by Chris and his lovely lady Kerry and after a couple of minutes of chit chat made my way in and to the bar where Mischief and his Lovely wifey Emma were standing with smiley Dean and Liz, within a few moments i had my first scare of the night but thankfully it turned out to be a false alarm as it was only Helen (outonthefloor) coming to say hello with her very suffering husband Mark :D , I was very suprised to hear some quality tunes being played as Ian (supercorsa) was DJing laugh.gif no seriously Ian played some absolutely cracking tunes and set the night up with Mischief due on afterwards, A couple of tunes in his set Mischief had all the chin strokers rushing up to the decks to hear his latest discovery as the tramp had been trawling through the closing down sale at his local record shop and had found that was to some a decent tune but for me i needed to know what it was to make sure i didnt make the mistake of buying it (bloody disco). next for me was bumping into my good old mate Moldie and we had a great little chat until i made the mistake and asked him how his first set went and what he played but to my amazement he wanted to get his playbox and go through his set that way with me but i had to be honest and just tell him that i wasnt really that interested and was only making small talk to be friendly.there seemed to be a conspiracy that everyone thought i had been to court as i had a shirt on and that i was looking a bit guilty but as ever my innocence shone through and yes Mischief i sneakily put the shirt back on me neighbours line :P It wasnt long before Mischiefs set had finished and the floor was very very busy and wanting more and it wasnt long before the next Dj Andy came on and pulled out some top top tunes and kept the floor rammed with superb dancers and he also managed to clear the floor too for a couple of tunes but not for the lack of quality but purely for the reason the dancers either didnt know them or they were needing a break but for me this was the set of the night so well done that man , To say ui was then a bit shocked having come back from the toilets to find moldie threatening to get his tadger out at the bar but when i tried to give him a hand he quickly run away holding on to his trousers for dear life then for the biggest round of applause of the night MOLDIE BOUGHT A DRINK AT THE BAR FOR HELEN :lol: next up on the decks was Pete Kelross who as ever played a great set of mixed tempos which during his set at some point i was outside having a fag and talking to Emma and how angry she was that some moron had to park so close to her car when the carpark was so massive and it really hit a nerve with her so it was then as my friend Lidgia (hairdresser) came out for a fag too and caught on to mine and Emma`s conversation and i then offered to move my car and which then Emma realised that i was that moron :lol: and with this my friend Lidgia said "oh you on about parking next to that hairdressers car(i called it that on the way in) to which the reply from Emma was what you could say very interesting "i am not a hair dresser i have a PROPER job) cue me standing there crying my insides to peices while poor old Emma didnt realise that Lidgia was a hairdresser :lol: i tried my hardest to keep the conversation going about putting hairdresses down until the penny dropped and Emma realised that Lidgia just happened to be one and I have never laughed so mush and i couldnt wait to go in and tell everybody too :D then for the last set and up went Chris and with the help of a few mates actually managed to stand up straight and stop wobbling enough (shandy next time for you mate) to be able to put a great set to take us up and past the finishing time and a close of what was a fantastic night and one i would reccomend for sure, btw i also had some really strange lady come up to me and lick my face so if you ever decide to make a visit to Farnborough then beware of a very strange lady with a big tounge :lol:

Bearsy

a great review there bearsy...nice to read an honest one from a paying man rather then a dj or a promoter

Thanks for all your kind words bearsy. Still feeling a little wobbley so i wont go into great detail about another great night had at Farnborough. I would just like to say a big thanks to all the dj`s for playing great sets. And a big thanks to all that made the journey and made this a great night. oh yeah and thanks to my minder misfit for looking after my records whilse i was playing or swaying lol :lol:

THANKS ALL. I will try to post my playlist later once i have sorted my box out. The next Farnborough do is on 19th jan so put it into your diary`s. DJ`s to be confirmed soon :D

totally agree about thanking all the people that made the journey to farnborough soul night

the southend posse...medway monsters....kev kent plus mrs kent....keynote and maximax....the bournemouth boys..tim and jonah...dave morris and..bluebill and lorraine....

once again a lack of locals but there loss.

Very enjoyable night yet again down at Farnborough. Just like to thank Chris for asking me down to spin a few tunes. Nice to meet the Kent Kollective down there, the streets of Medway must have been deserted last night. :lol:

Here' s what I played after Moldies RnB set (or is it Northern Skiffle, Bearsy? :D ) and before Mischief took over...

Etta James - Mellow Fellow - Argo

Syl Johnson - Try Me - Twilight

Jimmy Robins - I Can't Please You - Jerhart

Mack Rice - Baby I'm Coming Home - Lu Pine

Freddie Scott - I'll Be Gone - Shout

The Ambassadors - (I've Got To Find) Happiness - Atlantic

The Exits - You Got To Have Money - Gemini

Billy Butler - Help Yourself - Brunswick

Darrow Fletcher - My Young Misery - Groovy

Deon Jackson - I Can't Go On - Carla promo

Edwin Starr - I Have Faith In You - Ric Tic (request)

Terri Bryant - Geni - Verve

Barbara Mercer - Call On Me - Sidra dj

Theresa Lindsey - Daddy-O - Golden World dj

Azie Mortimer - You Can't Take It Away - Okeh

Gigi & The Charmaines - I Don't Wanna Lose Him - Kent 27th Anniv

The Magicians - (Just A Little) Faith And Understanding - Kent 25th Anniv

The Shalimars - Stop And Take A Look At Yourself - Verve dj

Kim Weston - I'm Still Loving You - Tamla

another nice line up there ian..thanks once again...the nerves didnt really show

moldie

Sorry we didn't arrive 'til about quarter to ten, but still had about three hours of quality soul. Nice to meet Supercorsa and the Bournemouth fellas, and cheers Jonah for the records, five out of the eight I love and the others could be growers. Not bad for a lucky dip!

Well done Chris, class night.

Magoo. :D

glad you enjoyed it martin

toni and sheila were on top form..hope tonis arse is better after having it pinched :lol:

Hi Chris & Moldie,

Another top night great music all through the night something for everyone,

and everyone up fot it.

Thanks for the lift Ian good to see you and your good lady again,

See you soon

Terry

hi terry

great to see you to...the music policy here certainly seems to work well

moldie

oh yeah i forgot to put the bit about Moldie letching around your sister all night Martin :D

i certainly wasnt letching bearsy...i was trying to protect an innocent lady from predatory males :lol:

well as promised i decided to go all out rnb

i hoped i wasnt going to be playing to an empty venue and it was great to see kev kent and his mrs come through the doors before my 7pm start time

steve and emma from london also managed to make early doors too

i have to admit i had a great time banging out tune after tune and although it was early i had a few dancers on the floor.....playlist to follow

supercorsa was next up and after admitting to being a tad nervous before hand started like a pro and kept it up till being replaced by misfit...paul kept us entertained for the next 45 mins....his gurning and karoake were certainly better then his toons...only jokin paul.....looking fwd to his playlist

next up was andy crane from in orbit soul club and yet again he didnt dissappoint..some first class tunes that went down better than leeds last season..hoping to get his playlist via email

pete kelross..bisleys fattest...oooops finest was up next and kept the floor buzzing with a mix of everything and the floor was still full when he handed over to promoter chris thorley for the last 45 mins

chris borrowed kerrys crutches to keep himself stead at the decks after sinking more lagers then the german u boats sank allied shipping in ww2

i really enjoyed the night and cant wait for 19th jan where i might do a 7ts spot just for simon m and his m8 sam...sam boucca

well heres my playlist

jimmy powell...stranger on a train...decca

ruby lee..im gonna put a watch on you...poptone

amanda love...you keep calling me by her name...chess

clyde mcphatter..till the cows come home...mercury demo

bettye lavette..i feel good...pama

phil flowers...you little devil...josie

jimmy hughes...it aint what you got...atlantic

little johny taylor...somewhere down the line...galaxy

dorothy williams...watchdog...volt

barbera lynn...im a good woman...tribe

neptunes..girl thats an awful thing to say...gem

cookie jackson...do you still love me...congress

helen troy...i think i love you...kapp

freddie houston...soft walkin...toto

solomen burke...cry to me...atlantic

larry trider...carbon copy...coral

etta james...seven day fool...argo

richard berry...have love will travel...flip

betty obrien...shell be gone...liberty

gwen davis...my man dont think i know...ss7

barbera dane...im on my way...trey

lou lawton...nick nack paddy wack...wand

5 royales...catch that teardrop...abc

big daddy rogers...im a big man...midas

dorothy williams...the wells gone dry...goldwax

bud harper...wherever you were...peacock

diplomats...cards on the table...arock

bill bush...im waiting...ronn

dusty wilson...cant do without you...bronze

ac reed...my babys been cheatin...cool

marv johnson...come on and stop..united artists

charles sheffield..voodoo working...excello

leo price...hey now baby..up down

i enjoyed myself...roll on the 19th jan

pics to follow

well heres my playlist

jimmy powell...stranger on a train...decca

ruby lee..im gonna put a watch on you...poptone

amanda love...you keep calling me by her name...chess

clyde mcphatter..till the cows come home...mercury demo

bettye lavette..i feel good...pama

phil flowers...you little devil...josie

jimmy hughes...it aint what you got...atlantic

little johny taylor...somewhere down the line...galaxy

dorothy williams...watchdog...volt

barbera lynn...im a good woman...tribe

neptunes..girl thats an awful thing to say...gem

cookie jackson...do you still love me...congress

helen troy...i think i love you...kapp

freddie houston...soft walkin...toto

solomen burke...cry to me...atlantic

larry trider...carbon copy...coral

etta james...seven day fool...argo

richard berry...have love will travel...flip

betty obrien...shell be gone...liberty

gwen davis...my man dont think i know...ss7

barbera dane...im on my way...trey

lou lawton...nick nack paddy wack...wand

5 royales...catch that teardrop...abc

big daddy rogers...im a big man...midas

dorothy williams...the wells gone dry...goldwax

bud harper...wherever you were...peacock

diplomats...cards on the table...arock

bill bush...im waiting...ronn

dusty wilson...cant do without you...bronze

ac reed...my babys been cheatin...cool

marv johnson...come on and stop..united artists

charles sheffield..voodoo working...excello

leo price...hey now baby..up down

i enjoyed myself...roll on the 19th jan

pics to follow

Blimey moldie :lol: i wish i had made the effort to get there early now :lol: great tunes there mate :D

Guest outonthefloor

Great night was had by all, although the Southend soul travellers ranks were sumwhat depleted Mark, Shane Julie and myself still held up the Essex End. :D

We got lost, as autoroute threw us off track but a couple of phonecalls later (one to Moldie, which he answered whilst on the decks!!, thanks you're a star,) we were pointed in the right direction and made it there to hear the last couple of his set.

Looking at the playlist looks like we missed a fair few gr8 tunes.

The atmosphere was friendly and we were greated by Chris and his lovely misses Kerry. The boys headded str8 for the bar and i true to form headded str8 for the dance floor, which i pretty much stayed on all night.

I must admit to being a bit dubious of 'across the board' music policies which can tend to mean it all gets a bit modern for my taste, but the music was exactly as advertised and there was something for every1.

Great venue for this kinda do, dance floor big enough for me to throw me arms about a bit and plenty of tables n chairs for tired feet plus a good bita standing room for the chin strokers!!!

Excellent Night, thanks boys, we will be back for the next one, can you put Moldie on first again though, if he's gonna do a modern set i might just wait to invest in a sat nav!

Thanks again,

Helen

XXXXXX

Just think Martin, if Moldie gets it on with your sister he will almost be part of the family!

X

Edited by outonthefloor

Great night was had by all, although the Southend soul travellers ranks were sumwhat depleted Mark, Shane Julie and myself still held up the Essex End. :D ...by the end of the night i think mark needed holding up

We got lost, as autoroute threw us off track but a couple of phonecalls later (one to Moldie, which he answered whilst on the decks!!, thanks you're a star,) we were pointed in the right direction and made it there to hear the last couple of his set.

Looking at the playlist looks like we missed a fair few gr8 tunes.

The atmosphere was friendly and we were greated by Chris and his lovely misses Kerry. The boys headded str8 for the bar and i true to form headded str8 for the dance floor, which i pretty much stayed on all night.

I must admit to being a bit dubious of 'across the board' music policies which can tend to mean it all gets a bit modern for my taste, but the music was exactly as advertised and there was something for every1.

Great venue for this kinda do, dance floor big enough for me to throw me arms about a bit and plenty of tables n chairs for tired feet plus a good bita standing room for the chin strokers!!!

Excellent Night, thanks boys, we will be back for the next one, can you put Moldie on first again though, if he's gonna do a modern set i might just wait to invest in a sat nav!...helen your words are so hurtful

Thanks again,

Helen

XXXXXX

Just think Martin, if Moldie gets it on with your sister he will almost be one of the family!!!

X

no women like me as im far too kind caring considerate....especially to my records :lol:

I had a good night thanks for asking me to dj again.. :D

Shame Danny wasn't there.. but hopefully he will be back on the 19-1-08 :lol: (another year gone)

i'll add my playlist when I can hopefully have a comp at home again this week..(fingers crossed)

Some nice stuff played and it went accross the board as advertised..

Agree with all said and a lovely set played by Andy :lol:

I had a good night thanks for asking me to dj again.. :rolleyes: ...no one else could do it tongue.gif

Shame Danny wasn't there.. but hopefully he will be back on the 19-1-08 :g: (another year gone)

i'll add my playlist when I can hopefully have a comp at home again this week..(fingers crossed)

Some nice stuff played and it went accross the board as advertised....far too many events that are advertised as across the board lean far too heavily towards either oldies or modern

Agree with all said and a lovely set played by Andy :wave: ..just lovely :yes:

Afternoon all.Just like to say,yet another cracking night at Farnborough.Great sets from all the dj's.Sorry Moldie didn't get to hear yours but so long as you play that lot at Bournemouth on 15th December I'll be well happy.

Good to meet Kevin Kent,thanks for the record.

Can't say enough about this night,well apart from the loos.Not too bad this time guys. :rolleyes::wave:

Dave.

Shite nite for me.

. :) ......but only 'cos my back was giving me gyp and my shoulder was pumped full of steroids. So, no dancing, didn't touch the floor all night, and that's a first for me. :(

If I'd been fit, and up for dancing ('cos that's what it's all about) I'd be saying "Great Night!", friendly crowd, good sets from all the DJ's (playing sounds that begged to be danced to). So well done Chris and I'm really looking forward to the next one - more oldies, in fact 100% oldies would be nice though whistling.gif

Nice to be in the company of so many friendly and familiar faces. Terry (Mr Tea) -I'll let you know if me and Pam are deffo up for Valencia, and Dave Morris - nice to meet you Dave, we must get down to Bournemouth soon.

Well, with everyone up dancing I felt a bit left out, but at least I got to appreciate what makes all the chin strokers so grumpy - guys, you should try listening with your feet and get on that floor :lol: . Nights like this are made for it. :huh:

- Kev

"STOLEN HOURS" 1st Anniversary, MARGATE 24th NOVEMBER.

2 Rooms + Accomodation + Free unissued Vinyl (first 100 tickets)

A fantastic nite with all the djs playing great across the board soul music, my fave spot of the nite was Andy Crane who played some top tunes. will se you all at the next one i hope or if anybody fancys coming down to Bmth on the 27th aug at the Railway Club your more than welcome.

blimey thats a long time away to remember especially with a brain like mine :laugh:

We came up from Bournemouth first time to Farnborough had an enjoyable evening good music played for all the evening will definately go again . :sleep3:

hi mandy

thanks for your support..im sorry i never gave you a mention in my report...i remember you saying you were at the beaufort community centre event but i cant work out who you are..sorry

who were you with last night and where were you sitting

did we meet?

im glad you had an enjoyable evening

moldie

:rolleyes: Isnt that a bit like asking Dracula to be in charge of a blood bank :sleep3::shades::wicked: .....great playlists by the way......Delxxx

hi del.ladies are safe from me unless ive got my pulling pants on whistling.gif

im glad you like the playlists

regards moldie xxx

Well wher do i start :sleep3:

I was greeted at the door by Chris and his lovely lady Kerry and after a couple of minutes of chit chat made my way in and to the bar where Mischief and his Lovely wifey Emma were standing with smiley Dean and Liz, within a few moments i had my first scare of the night but thankfully it turned out to be a false alarm as it was only Helen (outonthefloor) coming to say hello with her very suffering husband Mark biggrin.gifBearsy you have absolutley no idea!!!

Had a brill night, but not as good as Simon apparently, although i did try hard, next time i'll have to have the sambucca chasers as well.

Cheers to all the DJ's especailly to Moldie and Chris, we'll be back to farnborough in the future.

All the best

Mark.

PS I'll get my signature and atvar sorted, if i can get the computer for long enough off the missus!! :rolleyes:

A fantastic nite with all the djs playing great across the board soul music, my fave spot of the nite was Andy Crane who played some top tunes. will se you all at the next one i hope or if anybody fancys coming down to Bmth on the 27th aug at the Railway Club your more than welcome.

hi tim

im glad you enjoyed the night

a few ppl mentioned to me about andy cranes spot..i enjoyed it to but i think bearsys report sums it up

and it wasnt long before the next Dj Andy came on and pulled out some top top tunes and kept the floor rammed with superb dancers and he also managed to clear the floor too for a couple of tunes but not for the lack of quality but purely for the reason the dancers either didnt know them or they were needing a break but for me this was the set of the night

hope you enjoyed drooling over a certain female :sleep3:

see you soon

moldie

Shite nite for me.

. :P ......but only 'cos my back was giving me gyp and my shoulder was pumped full of steroids. So, no dancing, didn't touch the floor all night, and that's a first for me. :( ..im sorry kev but we dont condone drugs of any type here..your banned :wicked:

If I'd been fit, and up for dancing ('cos that's what it's all about) I'd be saying "Great Night!", friendly crowd, good sets from all the DJ's (playing sounds that begged to be danced to). So well done Chris and I'm really looking forward to the next one - more oldies, in fact 100% oldies would be nice though :sleep3:

Nice to be in the company of so many friendly and familiar faces. Terry (Mr Tea) -I'll let you know if me and Pam are deffo up for Valencia, and Dave Morris - nice to meet you Dave, we must get down to Bournemouth soon...try to get to xmas event on 15th dec..as chris and i are on thumbup.gif

Well, with everyone up dancing I felt a bit left out, but at least I got to appreciate what makes all the chin strokers so grumpy - guys, you should try listening with your feet and get on that floor :shades: . Nights like this are made for it. :rolleyes:

- Kev

"STOLEN HOURS" 1st Anniversary, MARGATE 24th NOVEMBER.

2 Rooms + Accomodation + Free unissued Vinyl (first 100 tickets)

thanks for the report kev

moldie

Moldie

I thought i was safe to use the computer as she was out, she's just come in and said "What do you think your doing? Get off that computer now!!!!"

Best go before she feeds me dinner to the dog!! :sleep3:

Afternoon all.Just like to say,yet another cracking night at Farnborough.Great sets from all the dj's.Sorry Moldie didn't get to hear yours but so long as you play that lot at Bournemouth on 15th December I'll be well happy.

Good to meet Kevin Kent,thanks for the record.

Can't say enough about this night,well apart from the loos.Not too bad this time guys. :sleep3:biggrin.gif

Dave.

hi dave

great to see you as always

ill have plenty more tooons like that come dec..in fact i spent 300 quid on sat night

They must have read my post felt guilty and went in and painted them for us.. :sleep3:

they had spent the whole of friday night/say morning decorating them after seing your post mischief

the director admitted himself the toilets could have done with a lick..........of paint

moldie

Source Advert