Are You There - Dawn Penn

Mal C

• Replies 9
  • Views 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's on Rio (UK) with the equally good Long Days Short Nights on the other side (posted up in the Prince Buster thread by me I think), original Jamaican label is Prince Buster. Cost you anything from £70 to £120 on UK, difficult to say on Jamaican as it's constantly being repressed.

Social source share

Are You There - Dawn Penn

anybody know what label this track is on, and more importantly how much I would be looking to spend on it.

Thanks in advance,

Mal.C. :unsure:

Pete S posted a sound file of it up a while ago, the label's down as 'Rio'. He'll be able to tell you the price, maybe even has it for sale?

Social source share

What a track it is... take away the backing and its a Chicago mid tempo number... don't get me wrong i like the record as is but I was very impressed on hearing this one..

Mal:)

hi Mal

it's bacharach and david 'are you there with another girl', Brill Building NYC, demo'd by Dionne Warwick like the rest of their material in the 60's.

cheers Paul

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

The other side's good, too - Dawn's version of another Bacharach/David-Dionne Warwick gem, "Long Day, Short Night". This 45 was repressed on Prince Buster at least twice during the 1970s - and again, I think, in the 80s - so a copy shouldn't be too hard to track down, if you're not fussed about what you want it on.

In fact, go to www.reggaefever.ch and check their current auctions, I think they have a couple of different variations up there on their auction that ends over the weekend...

TONY

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert