How Do I Spot An Original Just Brothers "sliced Tomatoes" ?

Guest santa

Is this one originally released on Music Merhant ?? And how do I spot an original from a repro.. (or are all of the Music Mechant copies originals)?...please let me know - now that I know you know - :lol: S

Edited by santa
Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Is this one originally released on Music Merhant ?? And how do I spot an original from a repro.. (or are all of the Music Mechant copies originals)?...please let me know - now that I know you know - thumbsup.gif S

Yes, on Music Merchant....

Boots were done on white labels with blue logo and credits.... Sliced Tomatoes on both sides....

Originals are light blue label with mauve/purple(ish) logo.... came out three times during 72 with different B sides....

MS1002 b/w "Tears Ago" (Feb 72)

MS1008 b/w "Things Will Be Better Tomorrow" (July 72)

MS1010 b/w "You've Got The Love To Make Me Over" (Sept 72)

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Boots were done on white labels with blue logo and credits.... Sliced Tomatoes on both sides....

Originals are light blue label with mauve/purple(ish) logo.... came out three times during 72 with different B sides....

Here's a Scan of MS-1002

Music_Merchant_MS_1002_DJ.gif

Social source share

Picked this up again late 90's Roger on the MS1010 purely to spin the "You've Got The Love To Make Me Over" side a few years back.... nice tune....

Yes, I bought this in the 70's from Soul Bowl.

I have tried along the way to buy the other Numbers.

Most of the copies of 1010 that I have seen on ebay have been the Double A Side DEMO

I am guessing that the Stock Copy isn't that easy to find, Is that the case.

Social source share

Does the same apply to 'love factory'??

Social source share

I have spares for sale of most of the variations of each of the three Sliced Tomatoes releases.

I also have QC test pressings of many Music Merchant / Invictus / Hot Wax numbers, including unreleased ones.

They are available for sale too. In fact any of my records are available for sale for the right price.

Phil

Social source share

Music_Merchant_MS-1013b_DJ.jpg

Here is one of the Original Label Variations for Love Factory.

There was a thread a while ago I'll try and find it,regarding this label.

Here it is >>> LINK <<<

Thanks for the link, mine is a boot, its looks almost the same apart from the little logo under the name (Eloise Laws).

Thank again

Steve

Social source share

Thanks for all the info , but what about all those Music Merchant copies up for sale on Ebay - they have blue label and "Sliced Tomatoes" on both sides w/ # 1010. Are all of these from 1972 or are they boots as well???? Please let me know...

By the way, it sounds like the b-sides tpo Sliced Tomatoes are quite good - which one should you go for and does anyone have a sound clip or can show me the direction towards a chance to hear one of these tracks???

BEst,S

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert