UK & INTERNATIONAL PRESS AND PROMOTION SERVICES

3 Haversham Lodge Melrose Avenue Willesden Green London NW2 4JS

Tel: 020 8450 8882 Fax: 020 8208 4219 Email:

sharon@thepublicityconnection.com

BREAKING NEWS ****** BREAKING NEWS ****** BREAKING NEWS

For immediate release:

The FOUR TOPS Emerge from Court on Top!

Abdul "Duke" Fakir, founder member of Motown legends The Four Tops,

emerged victorious from the High Court in London today.

Duke's action has been against Viscount Oliver Miller, who toured the

UK

for several years under the name Viscount Oliver's Legendary Four Tops

and went as far as to register the trademark "Viscount Oliver's

American

Dream The Legendary Four Tops".

Miller had never been a member of the Four Tops, nor had he ever

performed or recorded with them and publicity materials were causing

venue managers and the public to be misled into believing that his

group

was or was associated with the real Four Tops

Thanks to a conscientious fan this confusion was brought to Duke's

attention. Miller's failure to stop touring as Viscount Oliver's

Legendary Four Tops together with his refusal to surrender his

trademark

left Duke no option but to protect The Four Tops fans and their legacy

through the High Court.

Miller's defence was recently struck out following persistent and

serious breaches of Court Orders and today the High Court awarded The

Four Tops:

- An injunction to restrain Miller from performing or recording music

under the name "Viscount Oliver's Legendary Four Tops", "The Four Tops"

or any other deceptively similar names and from advertising or

otherwise

promoting such performances or recordings.

- A Declaration that the registered UK trademark "Viscount Oliver's

American Dream The Legendary Four Tops" is invalid.

- An Order for Dissemination - an interesting Court Order which is

rarely granted.

- Damages

For further details on this case and the court Judgment please contact

instructed solicitors Alexis Grower or Adam Roberson at Magrath & Co's

Media Division on Tel: 020 7495 3003 Email: alexis.grower@magrath.co.uk

or adam.roberson@magrath.co.uk

Today's judgment totally vindicates Duke, whose primary concern has

always been that the Four Tops' loyal fans should not be short-changed

by Miller's misrepresentations.

When asked to comment, Duke summed it all up by saying "Ain't nothing

like the real thing, baby !

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I HAD WORKED SO HARD WITH A LOT OF EFFORT FOR THIS , MANY THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND TO CARL DIXON WHO ALSO PUT IN ALOT OF EFFORT.

TO BE HONEST I KIND OF GAVE UP HOPE BUT TODAY I'M SO PROUD AFTER RECEIVING A PHONE CALL FROM MR ADAM ROBERSON CONFIRMING THAT WE WON ! I STILL COULD NOT BELIEVE IT UNTIL HE SENT ME THE PRESS STATEMENT , I WILL BE MEETING UP THIS WEEK WITH DUKE AND I WILL PASS ON ALL THE SUPPORT ON FOR WHAT WE ACHIEVED.

Social source share

Guest Brian J

I HAD WORKED SO HARD WITH A LOT OF EFFORT FOR THIS , MANY THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND TO CARL DIXON WHO ALSO PUT IN ALOT OF EFFORT.

TO BE HONEST I KIND OF GAVE UP HOPE BUT TODAY I'M SO PROUD AFTER RECEIVING A PHONE CALL FROM MR ADAM ROBERSON CONFIRMING THAT WE WON ! I STILL COULD NOT BELIEVE IT UNTIL HE SENT ME THE PRESS STATEMENT , I WILL BE MEETING UP THIS WEEK WITH DUKE AND I WILL PASS ON ALL THE SUPPORT ON FOR WHAT WE ACHIEVED.

Sorry if I didn't credit you for this Chalky.

I wasn't aware mate. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Great news to stop muppets cashing in on the great names and stealing their work /songs / etc

more like this to come i think,

Has anyone posted a link to Otis William actions in the USA against nearly ALL of the various versions of Temptations that are touring AND against VENUES that put them on !

Worldwide action pending,

So promoters beware when booking "tribute" acts !

Rob

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Social source share

Well done Chalky. I know how much work must have gone into this.

We all owe you for keeping the Tops title intact and recognisable. :)

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT BRIAN :huh: Looking back I had many of verbal debates with venue managers where viscount oliver was playing after I called them explaining they are Fakes , and the best one was getting thrown out of a venue where viscount was playing in my protest and the town hall manager was saying I know nothing about The fourtops , well i would love to see his face this week after I post the press statement to him :g::P .

I will be meeting up with Duke and the Tops this Thursday i will pass on all comments so far I've Received.

Social source share

Guest stash313

Good to see this outcome, well done Hitsville Chalky!

Sometimes it needs people like us to help these guys along, so chuffed for you and The Four Tops.

Am glad to see the positive response on this after other threads questioned whether the real groups were only doing like these rip off groups, clearly not.

Social source share

Chalky has made the front page of our local paper with this court decision. Nice photo of him with the group as well.

Also made the front page headlines of the early edition of The Express and Star today but replaced in the later edition with The Abu Hazma hook handed cleric extradition story.

Well done Chalky on all accounts. :thumbsup:

post-1363-1195163325_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Also made the front page headlines of the early edition of The Express and Star today but replaced in the later edition with The Abu Hazma hook handed cleric extradition story.

Well done Chalky on all accounts. :thumbsup:

post-1363-1195163325_thumb.jpg

Craig, Chalky's down the NIA with the Four Tops tonite, then he's over Warwick helping me out big style as usual tomorrow, then he's compering the charity night with the Girlies at the Hollybush Saturday :lol:

The Guy gives the scene everything and it's great to see him get a bit of recognition for it, on here, in the press, and from the lucky ones who know him. Sue also deserves a big mention, her support for this Soul madman is amazing :shades:

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

This is great news. Chalky, if it was not for you I would never have known about this. I am booked to see them at The Royal Albert Hall Monday next week. During the performances of both groups, it will give me time to reflect the past and how during a Four Tops record being played at a disco in Hull in 1975, I made my committment and vow to go to Detroit one day and create music in the city. That time is getting closer and why with conviction I feel it is my duty and passion to support these artists and groups during these complictated times.

Social source share

This is great news. Chalky, if it was not for you I would never have known about this. I am booked to see them at The Royal Albert Hall Monday next week. During the performances of both groups, it will give me time to reflect the past and how during a Four Tops record being played at a disco in Hull in 1975, I made my committment and vow to go to Detroit one day and create music in the city. That time is getting closer and why with conviction I feel it is my duty and passion to support these artists and groups during these complictated times.

HI CARL , YOU ALSO PLAYED YOUR PART ASWELL WITH HELPING ME , YOU WILL ENJOY THE SHOW ON MONDAY , I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO YVONNE VERNEE YET AS SHE IS AWAY FROM HOME BUT I WILL THIS MONDAY AND KEEP YOU INFORMED.

Social source share

Craig, Chalky's down the NIA with the Four Tops tonite, then he's over Warwick helping me out big style as usual tomorrow, then he's compering the charity night with the Girlies at the Hollybush Saturday :D

The Guy gives the scene everything and it's great to see him get a bit of recognition for it, on here, in the press, and from the lucky ones who know him. Sue also deserves a big mention, her support for this Soul madman is amazing :D

MANY THANKS FOR ALL THE WELL DONE MESSAGES AND KIND COMMENTS , I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME LAST NIGHT WITH THE DUKE AND THE TOPS AND WE HAD A GOOD CHAT ABOUT WHAT WE ALL ACHIEVED IN OUR VICTORY, THEM WITH THE LEGACY OF THE FOURTOPS AND TO THE FANS NOT BEING RIPPED OFF BY THE FAKE GROUP.

BURNLEY DAVE I HAVE SOME GREAT MATES ON THE SOUL SCENE ITS A PLEASURE TO BE WITH ALL YOU GUYS ! YES SUE PUTS UP WITH A LOT OF MY IDEAS AND DREAMS I'VE ONLY GOT TO SAY TO HER I'M OFF TO DETROIT AND SHE LETS ME GO BECAUSE SHE KNOW'S HOW IMPORTANT MY MUSIC AS BEEN IN MY LIFE .

Social source share

MANY THANKS FOR ALL THE WELL DONE MESSAGES AND KIND COMMENTS , I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME LAST NIGHT WITH THE DUKE AND THE TOPS AND WE HAD A GOOD CHAT ABOUT WHAT WE ALL ACHIEVED IN OUR VICTORY, THEM WITH THE LEGACY OF THE FOURTOPS AND TO THE FANS NOT BEING RIPPED OFF BY THE FAKE GROUP.

BURNLEY DAVE I HAVE SOME GREAT MATES ON THE SOUL SCENE ITS A PLEASURE TO BE WITH ALL YOU GUYS ! YES SUE PUTS UP WITH A LOT OF MY IDEAS AND DREAMS I'VE ONLY GOT TO SAY TO HER I'M OFF TO DETROIT AND SHE LETS ME GO BECAUSE SHE KNOW'S HOW IMPORTANT MY MUSIC AS BEEN IN MY LIFE .

Well done Chalky Son, I'm proud of you :D ~and i have to give a mention to our Sue, she's a lovely girl and always willing to lend a hand, plus She backs our Chalky 110%

loads of love to you both......

Suzy (Mom) xx

Edited by Suzy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert