Lowton & Dda Back From Usa

Paul-s

lowton_back_o7.bmplowton_frontdec07.bmp

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

DECEMBER 14th 8pm - 2am

Two Rooms of SOUL

Well, we heard it was quiet while we were gone! But, were back and this is the Christmas BIGGIE! Two rooms of great music and in the DDA, we will be playing the usual mixture of exciting 'soul' music to move your feet! Great guests, great music and one of the best sound systems in the country.....see you there.

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE D.D.A.! unsure.gif

Edited by paul-s
  • Replies 103
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

lowton_back_o7.bmplowton_frontdec07.bmp

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

DECEMBER 14th 8pm - 2am

Two Rooms of SOUL

Well, we heard it was quiet while we were gone! But, were back and this is the Christmas BIGGIE! Two rooms of great music and in the DDA, we will be playing the usual mixture of exciting 'soul' music to move your feet! Great guests, great music and one of the best sound systems in the country.....see you there.

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE D.D.A.

Guests in DDA - the north east invasion: KEV KANE and KEV JOHNSON

Main Room - Glen Brierly, Kev McCue, Dave Rivers, Carl Rhodes, Barry Maleady, Terry Davies

Here you go Paul... :wicked:

post-1076-1195848560_thumb.jpg post-1076-1195848572_thumb.jpg

Here's hoping a few of you will make along to the 'LOWTON XMAS DING DONG'

Always good fun... with a cracker of a line up in both rooms.

Have to say I'm so excited about the guests in the DDA room this month...

KEV JOHNSON - aka - 'THE NORTH EAST TORNADO' ... so fast you only know he's gone past you when you're blown over by the backdraft... or you suddenly can't move cos he's wrapped round your ankles !

AND

KEV CANE - probably one of the nicest guys ever... incredible knowledge and a collection that will just kill you... just as long as the tornado hasn't beat him to it.

Always something special when the North East guys come down to DDA ... it's impossible not to have fun..

CAN'T WAIT!! thumbup.gif

Here you go Paul... :D

KEV JOHNSON - aka - 'THE NORTH EAST TORNADO' ... so fast you only know he's gone past you when you're blown over by the backdraft... or you suddenly can't move cos he's wrapped round your ankles !

AND

KEV CANE - probably one of the nicest guys ever... incredible knowledge and a collection that will just kill you... just as long as the tornado hasn't beat him to it.

Always something special when the North East guys come down to DDA ... it's impossible not to have fun..

CAN'T WAIT!! :ohmy:

Thanks for putting that up Joan..I tried!HA :lol:

WE CANT PROMISE TO STICK TO THE TOP 500! :ohmy:

top 500 what?

Have pencilled you in... but you know just how crap I am at actually getting out these days rolleyes.gif

Joan will be convinced that I only play out when there are Geordies about :thumbsup:

For those of you that have never heard either of the guests - I assure you, you won't be disappointed. And if you could all make a point of requesting Sy Hightower off Kev Johnson it would make his night ph34r.gif

Here you go Paul... biggrin.gif

AND

CAN'T WAIT!! :unsure:

I DARE YOU NOT TO HAVE FUN :)

I am also thinking about coming down to this (can you tell who is between jobs at the moment!!!), but where exactly is Lowton, nearer Wigan than Manchester is that right? And if so how far from the nearest civilised town, i.e. with rail station?Are there any decent hotels around there.

And I appreciate off topic here, but surely something all these bloody fans of "mini-nighters" in other thread cant like is being thrown out in some strange foreign land along with the local drunks! Great, feel like 17 again! :)

I am also thinking about coming down to this (can you tell who is between jobs at the moment!!!), but where exactly is Lowton, nearer Wigan than Manchester is that right? And if so how far from the nearest civilised town, i.e. with rail station?Are there any decent hotels around there.

And I appreciate off topic here, but surely something all these bloody fans of "mini-nighters" in other thread cant like is being thrown out in some strange foreign land along with the local drunks! Great, feel like 17 again! :shades:

Jock...

It's between Wigan and Warrington.... I think

There are two hotels within falling distance of the venue... and I'm talking near here... or there's one about 25 miles away in Preston :g:

We can come get you from any station you choose to fall out of the train onto... just let me know when and where and I'll be sure to have T there ready to catch you :P

Jock...

There are two hotels within falling distance of the venue... and I'm talking near here... or there's one about 25 miles away in Preston :D

We can come get you from any station you choose to fall out of the train onto... just let me know when and where and I'll be sure to have T there ready to catch you :D

NOW "Thats What I Call Service"! :D

B

Hi Jocko, have pm'd you.

Willie

Jock...

There are two hotels within falling distance of the venue...

==============================================================

Hi Jock nearest Town is LEIGH which is 2 miles down the road Wigan 7 miles Warrington 6 mls

best hotel is the Innkeepers lodge on the main A580 East Lancs rd which is half mile away and they are doing discount rates for Dec and the food in the carvery is awesome.....

Nearest Station is Newton-le-willows 3 miles or Atherton 4 Miles both have bus stops outside to take you into Leigh the Newton bus into Leigh takes you past the venue..

Kind Regards Ian Cunliffe

Missed the last one due to having to go to a wedding reception (was'nt too bad cos they had a proper soul do, good dj's, great music) :D

Can't wait for this one, I need my DDA soul fix. hope all the dj's had a great time in Seattle :no: .

See you all there :lol:

Willie

Watchya mate, seems years since i last saw you, (how peaseful its been!! :D ). Had a great time in Seattle, but back now to carry on the party. See you on the 14th pal.

(how peaseful its been!! :thumbup: ).

Karl; is that a pan full of pea's :thumbup: , your very lucky as I've just recovered from the dreaded flu (or singing to much), my voice went a bit croaky :thumbsup: , but never fear it will be up to full strength for the 14th :lol: , fighting fit :lol:

Missed the banter pal and looking forward to a good laugh, but I dont want to be bored by pic's of your hol's :thumbup: . lol.

Willie

Its always FUN at Lowton Kev. Hey wheres the footage off JJ singing 'Happy Birthday' to me? HA! thumbsup.gif

Yeah... that's a point... not seen that yet!

Well... it's looking like Jock is definitely coming down for this one :(

The North East guys are very quiet... and that always makes me nervous... no idea why... :thumbsup::lol:

Guest Kevin J

a green leafy ball-shaped vegetable is coming to mind ... not sure why!! wink.gif

Ha ha.. no... my camera had no tape... and a flat battery ... when I got it out of my bag! :thumbsup:

Well... it's looking like Jock is definitely coming down for this one :D

The North East guys are very quiet... and that always makes me nervous... no idea why... :D:ohmy:

QUITE BUSY JOAN AS YOU KNOW IT TAKES US 4 WEEKS TO SORT A LIFT OUT LOL,DEFINETLY UP FOR THIS CANT WAIT TO BE HONEST IT WILL BE GOOD TO SEE EVERYONE AGAIN. :(

BAZ A

Thought I'd just bring this event back to the forefront of everyones minds...

Unfortunately its not looking like I'll be able to make it along, as I am one of the chaperones at the childrens school disco.

Sure it'll be a great night, Kev Johnson really likes requests, and his all time favourite record is Sy Hightower - I Know You're Leaving Me..... Please make sure you ALL ask him to play it (and then tell him that I sent you) :thumbsup:

And Debbie - definately do that letter to the board! It might not help, but, try asking if you can do a re-sit at the first oppertunity. Good luck!

Guest gordon russell

THIS LOOKS LIKE MY KIND OF PLACE...MUST GET THERE IN 2008......in answer to someone elses question I thought D.D.A stood for dangerous d**** administration lol.....but most probably wrong :thumbsup::lol::lol:

DON'T FORGET about the FANTASTIC line up in the MAIN ROOM!!

GLEN BRIERLY . . . KEV McQUE . . . DAVE RIVERS

TERRY DAVIES . . . KARL RHODES . . . BAZ MALEADY

Everyone a Xmas cracker! thumbup.gif

sorry Joan

to be missing the DDA rtoom joan, off to Belfast for the weekend

hope to see you soon

munchkin + Sharon

DON'T FORGET about the FANTASTIC line up in the MAIN ROOM!!

GLEN BRIERLY . . . KEV McQUE . . . DAVE RIVERS

TERRY DAVIES . . . KARL RHODES . . . BAZ MALEADY

Everyone a Xmas cracker! thumbup.gif

Hi Joan

Lookin forward to Friday, always a busy one this and well worth the effort

Just been talkin to Kev McQue he did a great set last time he was on, he's sooooo excited about playin on Friday he's pickin out some tasty tunes for the big room, with enthusiasm like that just cant go wrong.

Terry Davies well up for it as well......... hope he's gonna play that Sonny Boy Williamson track he played a Prestwich last week that went down a storm.

Then there's that Karl Rhodes fellow sneaking out the back door into the Main room this month and giving the masses a taste of what's been happening in the back room for the last 12 months, they'll be blown away. Might be an idea to do a 'full team' DDA session in the main room sometime soon...............................

THIS LOOKS LIKE MY KIND OF PLACE...MUST GET THERE IN 2008......in answer to someone elses question I thought D.D.A stood for dangerous d**** administration lol.....but most probably wrong biggrin.gif:lol::wub:

No... not wrong... just that this is a family site! :D

Be great to see you sometime in the new year... it's good fun!! thumbup.gif

THIS LOOKS LIKE MY KIND OF PLACE...MUST GET THERE IN 2008......in answer to someone elses question I thought D.D.A stood for dangerous d**** administration lol.....but most probably wrong biggrin.gif:Dbiggrin.gif

D.D.A...Dangerous Drugs Act(1921)

Well... it's looking like Jock is definitely coming down for this one :thumbup:

The North East guys are very quiet... and that always makes me nervous... no idea why... :thumbsup::shades:

HA Ha !!

Got to sort out the transport tonight with the lads Joan.

Jock you could always get to Newcastle and we will sort something out at this end.

You better be nervous Joan coz we are !

Here you go Paul... :g:

AND

CAN'T WAIT!! :thumbup:

Hey, Hey, its that time...FINALLY! THE CHRISTMAS SOUL BASH.!! :shades: People chat all sorts of rubbish on here, so why not stick your head in and get an informed opinion!....."music to move your soul and feet" :thumbsup:

HA Ha !!

Jock you could always get to Newcastle and we will sort something out at this end.

Whey hey!!

Nothing to be nervous about hun... it's good fun.. no more no less!

We're picking Jock up at the station around 4pm ish... then it's ho ho ho all the way!

Can't wait to see ya's!

Kirsty says... don't forget Sy Hightower :thumbsup:

HA Ha !!

:thumbsup: HA! HA! You...nervous.NEVER! Always great to see you Kev. Looking forward to it mate

Edited by paul-s

Source Advert