So Sick of hearing that ******** 45

Mike

Guest gordon russell

the DDA room at lowton probably fits your bill also phils all nighter in burnley.

cant say the gretatone would be what yoou are after as we play 60's 70's some r&b and crossover. but i am sure some others will point you in the right direction.

mark

don't know about the DDA room at LOWTON......l remember a few DDA cabinets in the 70's :shades:thumbup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 66
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

No offence to Ginger... but i'm fed up hearing Joey DeLorenzo's "Wake Up To The Sunshine Girl" .

ALWAYS HATED THIS "CORNFLAKES ADVERT" :shades:

FORGOT TO ADD ,THE OTHERSIDE TO "GOTTA HAVE MONEY" -"UNDER THE STREET LAMP" NOW THAT'S WHY THIS RECORD IS WORTH KEEPING!

STILL NOT A PATCH ON "SUNDOWN IN WATTS" BUT GETTING HOLD OF ONE IS ANOTHER MATTER! sad.gif

Edited by NORTHERN NEV
Social source share

Guest mel brat

Throwing up a "So Sick Of Hearing..." POLL in the SOUL VOTE section

So far candiates to be listed are

Exits-You Gotta have money,

and last of all Exits- u Gotta have money

...can ya' put a soundclip up? :shades:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Sorry............. just tuned in again............ ignore my last post or be locked in a broom cupboard with ''Footsie'' playing over and over again until your ears bleed

My ears ain't stopped bleedin' since the first time I heard it...! :shades:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

My ears ain't stopped bleedin' since the first time I heard it...! :shades:

Footsie ohmy.gif

Mischief played it out at Lightwater a couple of months ago and it was hilarious but it cost me £20 in the charity box but he had to introduce it as his all time favourite tune and the one that got him in the scene in the first place, funny as f**k especially the look on some of the faces in there laugh.gif it was very early in the night though :lol:

Social source share

Guest Simon

Thanks for the replies guys, must admit reading all thee threads recently the Burnley do did sound superb & right up my street. I know the Solid Hit Soul guys well & know what they play unfortunately it's on a Friday which is difficult for me to make nowadays due to work otherwise i would be there regularly.

I know Lifeline is real quality & must make a big effort to get to it, don't s'pose Challky & co would fancy putting one on down South, Concorde 2 in Brighton would be a superb venue for this i'm sure! :unsure:

Didn't know about the DDA room in Lowton but i'll add that one to my list.

Simon thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Thanks for the replies guys, must admit reading all thee threads recently the Burnley do did sound superb & right up my street. I know the Solid Hit Soul guys well & know what they play unfortunately it's on a Friday which is difficult for me to make nowadays due to work otherwise i would be there regularly.

I know Lifeline is real quality & must make a big effort to get to it, don't s'pose Challky & co would fancy putting one on down South, Concorde 2 in Brighton would be a superb venue for this i'm sure! :yes:

Didn't know about the DDA room in Lowton but i'll add that one to my list.

Simon :lol:

What a cracking idea Simon :yes:

One thing is for sure, im going to hopefully make the journey to Lifeline soon myself, wife permitting of course :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WPaulVanDyk

Dj Genesis is a song i don't really get it sounds like some Dance song.

However we can go to any club to hear a tune we might hate but can't help if requested and played. As people would know i always want to hear Sugar dumpling so many might think oh no not again but that song changed my life and to be honest i would hate it to be die out, it's a way of me having a good time dancing to it

Social source share

Dj Genesis is a song i don't really get it sounds like some Dance song.

Agree, it's so bad in fact that I actually played Betty Wright's original at Essence in April just as a reminder that underneath this pile of tang lies a decent girly soul record ("Tonight's the night") :lol:

Holly St James has to be up there for me- shockingly crass when it was first played why anyone would want to revive it is beyond me huh.gif

Charles Johnson "Never had a love so good" - just grates on me and has done for the last 20 years or so. I actually liked it between 1981 and 1985 :thumbsup: now it's just mind numbingly boring and a cure for insomniacs... anyway the B side is much better.

Finally "Charles Sheffield "Vodoo working" - shout.gif

Social source share

"""Dj Genesis is a song i don't really get it sounds like some Dance song."""

*** :rolleyes: Thank god! :unsure:

i thought i was the only one that didnt like that record..

i mite affend some people here but i cant make out if i like :

I've Got Something Good - Sam & Kitty

its a great up-tempo spin but i don't know....

any help people ??

Social source share

Guest Officer Dibble

im just happy to know there's others....

:unsure::rolleyes:

How about we stop slagging of any records that are played, and just be grateful that after 30 years there's still a scene to enjoy :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert