Promoters, Respect & Wages

Barry

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i think he means some promoters do not respect djs and pay them shit money and it wont change cos there will always be shit loads of djs who will do it for the love and not the dosh.....right ?

Or, loads of shit DJ's who do it for the dosh.

Contraversy at Christmas.

Bah Humbug

Ebernezer

Social source share

Guest sharona

i think he means some promoters do not respect djs and pay them shit money and it wont change cos there will always be shit loads of djs who will do it for the love and not the dosh.....right ?

Absolutely, but there are also promoters who do not pay their dj's. Whether they are good or bad at playing records to an audience. They claim that they did not take enough money to cover the wages.

:wicked:

Social source share

Or, loads of shit DJ's who do it for the dosh.

Contraversy at Christmas.

Bah Humbug

Ebernezer

maybe if theyre using them new cd thingys or downloading...if a vinyl dj wants to make money(good or bad) dont play reggae or soul !...take out your transport etc and you wont have enuff for a couple of boots !....dont get me wrong there are times when my dj money has helped me out but at the end of the year ive still spent far more than ive earnt...but after nearly twenty years i still love it !

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

what about the wanna-be dj's who go around to venues,beg a spot,then they big up that venue up until they've been and played their mediocre set,then never go to ,or mention that venue again. lots of those guys around,they even post up on here.......any guesses?

Social source share

maybe if theyre using them new cd thingys or downloading...if a vinyl dj wants to make money(good or bad) dont play reggae or soul !...take out your transport etc and you wont have enuff for a couple of boots !....dont get me wrong there are times when my dj money has helped me out but at the end of the year ive still spent far more than ive earnt...but after nearly twenty years i still love it !

And that....my Soulie friends is what its all about! :hypo:

What happened to the thread starter??.....comes in with his riddle-me-ree head on and leaves us to guess

what he`s on about. :sleep3:

Ho-ho-ho everyone

wink.gif

Social source share

...but are there enough Soul Cattle still out there, to keep respectable wages down? :yes:

So what you're asking is whether there are enough people through the door, in order to support indecent wages for ???, respect and something about promoters

....eh? :D

All I do understand is that you seemed to have called people who attend soul nights: 'soul cattle' :P

Lots of us waited til lunchtime today, before we headed to the pub :)

m

Social source share

Absolutely, but there are also promoters who do not pay their dj's. Whether they are good or bad at playing records to an audience. They claim that they did not take enough money to cover the wages.

:)

If you don't make enough money tough, you book the DJ, you pay them.

Where else would you book someone to do a job, then not pay them...bloody cheek I say.

So what was the question???... :yes:

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Who are you referring to here when you say Soul Cattle? Could be EU grants in this!!!

Sounds like a case of mad cows desease, but I'm ok because I'm a helicopter & definately not a respectable one at that.

Baz

Social source share

Thanks for stating the blatantly obvious Spacehopper - and not just taking the 'who the feck does he think he is' line cos I speak my mind - you're so transparent folks.

Be real - don't just poke and look for other pokers (sheep).

Social source share