Tams

Russ Vickers

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can anyone tell me which issue of the Tams red or yellow issue is the original release, are they the same mix & what are the price differences ???????.

Thank you for your help.

Russ

Hi Russ I have had both copies in the past they are the same mix but I have seen far more copies of the yellow Sounds South than the red. I had a yellow copy in my sales box for years before it sold and I only had £25 on it.........value now...........who knows!

Social source share

Hi Russ I have had both copies in the past they are the same mix but I have seen far more copies of the yellow Sounds South than the red. I had a yellow copy in my sales box for years before it sold and I only had £25 on it.........value now...........who knows!

Cheers Val, appreciate the help.........anyone else add to this.

Russ

Social source share

Cheers Val, appreciate the help.........anyone else add to this

HI RUSS red first. £100.

Really surprises me that.

I was definately under the impression that the Yellow label was first.

The Red has a very different set of artwork (the design also used on the Sounds South 'Hits' LP).

Typography on the red is generally more 'modern' than the Yellow copy... and in contrast to Val, I've seen more red copies than yellow (e.g. one on eBay right now).

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Really surprises me that.

I was definately under the impression that the Yellow label was first.

The Red has a very different set of artwork (the design also used on the Sounds South 'Hits' LP).

Typography on the red is generally more 'modern' than the Yellow copy... and in contrast to Val, I've seen more red copies than yellow (e.g. one on eBay right now).

:thumbsup:

Sean

There`s also a later (80`s version) which came out on both a 45 and an LP but im pretty certain it wasn`t on Sounds South (i`ll have to find the LP and look). A nice update but not quite as good as the original version (imho).

Mark Houghton

Social source share

There`s also a later (80`s version) which came out on both a 45 and an LP but im pretty certain it wasn`t on Sounds South (i`ll have to find the LP and look). A nice update but not quite as good as the original version (imho).

Mark Houghton

Hey Mark

I knew about the LP, but was told it was a different mix of the SS 45, didnt know a 45 existed of this mix. Hope you are well mate, will be good to see you some time soon.

Russ

Social source share

Mark Houghton

The 80's LP is on WONDER ( One on evilbay at the moment)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert