Four Tracks - Mandingo

• Replies 34
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

[quote name='ShorterSoul'

Same guy from the states (M.spivens) selling one of the copies, current price $1,550 with one day to go.

=============================================================================

:lol::shades::D

keep your nose out cunliffe or i'll report you for cutting down listed tree's
Social source share

Will this haul lead to the record being dropped from certain playlists and added to others?

Its beyond me how anybody can play the 'Like My Love For You' side when there's probably one of the best storming soul records ever on the other!

No matter how many turn up... I'd still want one.

For no other reason than Voo Doo Man is one incredible piece of soul... and no matter how many copies there are... it won't change that one bit.

Social source share

I was in the batch of bidders for the first copy advertised

And yes I got a second chance offer....

And yes I bought one to replace my VG copy.

Paid $700 for it, got it a week later... STONE MINT

Sold my VG copy(which I paid £300 for from Shifty)

to another well known dealer for £350

Doing the maths I've ended up with a MINTER for £250

RESULT!!!! thumbup.gif

Social source share

Its beyond me how anybody can play the 'Like My Love For You' side when there's probably one of the best storming soul records ever on the other!

No matter how many turn up... I'd still want one.

For no other reason than Voo Doo Man is one incredible piece of soul... and no matter how many copies there are... it won't change that one bit.

:lol::lol: "TOP LADY" Always knew you to be a woman of taste Joan... agree with your sentiments exactly!! Voo Doo Man on my current 'playlist' (although happy to play LMLFY when appropriate) and been singing it's praises to anyone I can get to listen to me for more than three seconds.. :lol: In fact... sure I included this (in a thread earlier this year, about 'Tips for 08')

as one of my firm candidates whistling.gif

Fingers :lol:

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

25 i believe ...certainly coming outof the woodwork....

He has a container full of records from buying out an old Michigan record store. After the first boxes where opened he had already found 15 mint copies (as by 21st of February). If and how many he has found since then or will find in the rest of the boxes is not known to me. And yes, he was a bit all over the place with how many copies he was offering at which price to whom :P

I believe he is trying now to shift thru as much different sources as possible (understandable). Good luck. If he doesn`t turn up as man copies as have been by Clara Hardy I doubt the reputation and value of this 45 will suffer from this find in a big way (for long).

A clever collector however should sit back now for now and watch before rushing to buy. For the moment I wouldn`t pay more than 700 USD for a minter any way. Flipside indeed is a great tune.

Marc

Social source share

:yes::D "TOP LADY" Always knew you to be a woman of taste Joan... agree with your sentiments exactly!! Voo Doo Man on my current 'playlist' (although happy to play LMLFY when appropriate) and been singing it's praises to anyone I can get to listen to me for more than three seconds.. smile.gif In fact... sure I included this (in a thread earlier this year, about 'Tips for 08')

as one of my firm candidates :P

Fingers :lol:

Top tip for 2008?

Jeez... beat ya to it... only by about 20 years :lol:

Will be expecting to hear it everytime I see you DJ from now on!

Can I add... and please don't start spitting at me at niters... am I the only one who HATES LMLFY?

Social source share

I was looking at the sellers past sales of FT and it looks like the first one he sold was for $600 as he didn't list it correctly, so someone got a bargain. It's now advertised as 'Northern classic etc etc etc' so everyone is now seeing it, hence the $1550+ bids.............

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

I was looking at the sellers past sales of FT and it looks like the first one he sold was for $600 as he didn't list it correctly, so someone got a bargain. It's now advertised as 'Northern classic etc etc etc' so everyone is now seeing it, hence the $1550+ bids.............

================================================================================

==========

Sold more than one cheaper than that Steve.. shhh.gif

Social source share

A clever collector however should sit back now for now and watch before rushing to buy. For the moment I wouldn`t pay more than 700 USD for a minter any way. Flipside indeed is a great tune.

Marc

i would endorse that marc...maybe we should boycott the bidding war to pick them up at 400 us dollars! :thumbup:

how about the tuska records that are starting to come out of the woodwork..more of those to follow i think!!! esp buddy cantrell ohmy.gif

Social source share

i would endorse that marc...maybe we should boycott the bidding war to pick them up at 400 us dollars! :thumbup:

how about the tuska records that are starting to come out of the woodwork..more of those to follow i think!!! esp buddy cantrell ohmy.gif

tell us more Tony

Social source share

Are you all sure, the guy who won that last copy could be his mate, an American record dealer bought it from him??

The first one did go to a well known US seller,but the last two have gone to UK bidders,also i noticed there`s another one up for sale but this ones from a Canadian seller a new one with 0 feedback.

Dave f............

Social source share

I spoke directly with the seller via email & asked how many turned up, he was evasive in as much as he would not be specific with numbers stating 'several copies', I emailed again asking if he could be more specific & received no reply.

Im sitting back & waiting for now...........would be very nice to have this tho'.

Russ

Social source share

Just to add .FYI

have corresponeded with the guy on a few occaisions as has a good friend of mine

The container of goods is of a closed down thrift store stock that he bought that used to sell records as part of its business, so its not a container just full of records but brick a brack etc is included as well.

The total number of four tracks was 24 in the "haul" the ones appearing on ebay seem to be from buyers who are passing on what has been bought from him by his buyers hoping to make a quick buck from the deal he gave them, hes now being elusive, as would anyone when demand is high but the offers are low, hes in business to make money and now that hes researched it doesnt want to get shafted so to speak,

he is a seller of general things (thrift etc ) not soul music, (see his past sell items on ebay) hence why it was listed badly on the very first listing including the fabulous appollos etc.

however what titles are left of other tunes im not sure. cant wait to find out...but its nice to hear the speculation drums beating when things like this happen.....doesn't it get the old adrenalin going :thumbup:

Geeooooordie

Social source share

Guest franky m

So what do we think of this one up on the Bay :thumbup:

Item number: 150222911830

the scan looks the same to me as the Spivens ones,same background in the 45 hole,

same bright bit of light at the bottom under Mandingo :thumbup:

Dave f.............

Yes Dave its the same scan lifted from the spivens listing with his name superimposed over it , and a seller with zero feedback , a guaranteed 100% scam in my opinion , franky m

Social source share

So what do we think of this one up on the Bay :thumbup:

the scan looks the same to me as the Spivens ones,same background in the 45 hole,

same bright bit of light at the bottom under Mandingo :thumbup:

Dave f.............

and a seller name which translated means Greek Mafia :no:

Social source share

Yes Dave its the same scan lifted from the spivens listing with his name superimposed over it , and a seller with zero feedback , a guaranteed 100% scam in my opinion , franky m

Well it sold for $869 to a UK bidder :g: ,and i see that Spivens has put another one up :g::no:

Dave f.............

Edited by Dave Fleming
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Top tip for 2008?

Jeez... beat ya to it... only by about 20 years tongue.gif

Will be expecting to hear it everytime I see you DJ from now on!

Can I add... and please don't start spitting at me at niters... am I the only one who HATES LMLFY?

NOPE!..........I hate it as well, to "Fluffy Bunny" for my taste and the lead singer sounds such a Mard Arse!

But thats opinions for ya Joan.

:D

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

So what do we think of this one up on the Bay :D

same bright bit of light at the bottom under Mandingo :lol:

Dave f.............

It looks like i was right on this one,the sellers been left a Neg feedback by the buyer for not sending the 45 (which he did not have anyway),and is now trying to get his money back through Paypal.

Dave f.............

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!