Bradford Rare & Underplayed Soul Night

Soul 45s presents.....

Another special night of rarer & underplayed tunes, quality all the way!!

Saturday 12th April

Morley Carr Working Men's Club

New Works Road

Bradford, West Yorkshire

BD12 ORQ

Very easy to find, within minutes of M62 Junction 26

8 till 1

DJs:

Neil Toplis

John Purvis & Brendon Carroll

Mick Howard

Tony Hartness

Kev Murphy

Geoff Rudd

Come along for another top night....!

Edited by soul45s
  • Replies 115
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Soul 45s presents.....

Another special night of rarer & underplayed tunes, quality all the way!!

Saturday 12th April

Morley Carr Working Men's Club

New Works Road

Bradford, West Yorkshire

BD12 ORQ

Very easy to find, within minutes of M62 Junction 26

8 till 1

DJs:

Neil Toplis

John Purvis & Brendon Carroll

Mick Howard

Tony Hartness

Kev Murphy

Geoff Rudd

Come along for another top night....!

looking like another cracker paul,doesn't seem like four weeks since the february event,loads of good feedback on this promotion,watch out for the flyers over the coming weeks :huh:

Mick

Guest veep1296

Seems to be a few things on around Bradford, Leeds & area these days.

Was never much when I used to go out. Now I don't go out any more there's plenty on. Typical.

Phil

That is easy for you to rectify Phil...put that key in the door and step out!

Look what can happen when you do get out

How ya doin?

Best Regards

David Ferguson in sunny Burnley!!

post-5119-1205677638_thumb.jpg

Is this another change of venue for Cleckheaton Golf Club or is it another new venture also??? I'm getting a little confused, I know it's my age but come on "Help me, to find my way", as I've loved all the, "Rare & Under played Oldies" night around that area & don't want to miss any but "It's making me head hurt" & me Sat-Nav's in tears, or is it constantly moving to stay one step ahead of the bailiffs???? wink.gif:shades: If so I'd totally understand. :wub:

Take care, be safe & remember "Head down, arse up",

Spot. :wicked:

Is this another change of venue for Cleckheaton Golf Club or is it another new venture also??? I'm getting a little confused, I know it's my age but come on "Help me, to find my way", as I've loved all the, "Rare & Under played Oldies" night around that area & don't want to miss any but "It's making me head hurt" & me Sat-Nav's in tears, or is it constantly moving to stay one step ahead of the bailiffs???? wink.gif:shades: If so I'd totally understand. :wub:

Hi Spot,same promotion,courtesy of Mr Soul45s Harris,different venue,no let up in the quality, as you'd expect,see you in april matey

Mick

Hi Spot

Sorry for any confusion.....

The next event should have been at the Golf club on the 19th April, then another promoter changed their event to the same night......

So to avoid a clash I changed the date to the 12th, unfortunately I had to change the venue for the April event.

Morley Carr WMC is a great venue, nice big room & stage, only a few minutes from the Golf Club, really easy to find.

Same quality music, nice mix of DJs bringing something fresh to the table.

Hope to see you all there for another top night

regards

Paul

Hi Spot

The next event should have been at the Golf club on the 19th April, then another promoter changed their event to the same night......

So to avoid a clash I changed the date to the 12th, unfortunately I had to change the venue for the April event.

Morley Carr WMC is a great venue, nice big room & stage, only a few minutes from the Golf Club, really easy to find.

regards

Paul

hello banned one!!! thank f**k for that i thoght you'd been in front of the commitee ,because of the tight git that brought his own bottles to the golf club :wicked: then there'd be no local venues for you to frequent would there? :shades:

will be good to hear tony hartness agen and the ruddster doing his thing!!!!

looking forward to it..... k/w

Guest Paul Brennan

Hi Spot

regards

Paul

Strange that, because the only change that I can see is from someone who was shouting and balling from the rooftops about date changes or no dates, etc, and anyone who did this was the worse scum on earth.

Paul

Guest toffee lady

Strange that, because the only change that I can see is from someone who was shouting and balling from the rooftops about date changes or no dates, etc, and anyone who did this was the worse scum on earth.

Paul

I know, one rule for one...................

Belle

are you all conspiring against me...

can't come to this to poke fun at the promotors, or make obscure requests to the DJs as I'll be getting up to all kinds of mischief in a seaside town down southish

not that you need me to liven up proceedings :D

can't come to this to poke fun at the promotors, or make obscure requests to the DJs as I'll be getting up to all kinds of mischief in a seaside town down southish

not that you need me to liven up proceedings :D

Hi Kirsty

Sorry you wont be able to cause mayhem for us.... :lol:

Have a good un down south and hope you can join us at a later event this year

xx

Guest Paul Brennan

quote name='enzo' post='724212' date='Mar 17 08, 04:57 PM']MISSED THE LAST ONE :lol: BUT WON,T BE MISSING THIS. THE FEEDBACK FROM THE LAST TWO HAS BEEN FANTASTIC :lol: SO REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO A TOP TOP NIGHT, BE GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN MR. BRENNAN :g: YOUR AS MELLOW AS EVER LOL :D ATB ENZO :lol:

Edited by Paul Brennan
Guest veep1296

Nice one Dave :yes:

Things going good. You?

Phil

Very well thanks Phil but dont get out too often hereabouts. BUT ive had some great USA adventures as you can see ...Mr Gordy & Lamont Dozier on the same night....childhood fantasies Phil!

Keep in touch

David

post-5119-1205784935_thumb.jpg

Guest Paul Brennan

Really looking forward to hearing Kev Murphy play his set at this event. The music this man provides for us in both rooms at Lowton, absolutely top drawer!!!!!!!!!!

His presense can only further enhance what so far have been brilliant nights both musically and socially.

Paul :lol:

Really looking forward to hearing Kev Murphy play his set at this event. The music this man provides for us in both rooms at Lowton, absolutely top drawer!!!!!!!!!!

His presense can only further enhance what so far have been brilliant nights both musically and socially.

Paul :lol:

Right sorted , I coming .Looking forward to being there

Guest toffee lady

not that you need me to liven up proceedings

Hi Kirsty sorry you cant make it , Mr Brennan amd myself will cause the mayhem then in your absence

See you Friday

Janette x

Zelda, sorry I missed the last one, as my mum said I could'nt go to big bad Bradford and meet up with a mysterious Russian woman :huh: , but I've managed to get my visa in order and told her I'm going in April, it will be nice seeing you again LOL :lol: .

Willie :lol:

Hi Willie

Will be good to catch up, not seen you in ages...

Zelda sends her love, hope you all have a good un on Sat in Carlisle :lol:

MISSED THE LAST ONE :P BUT WON,T BE MISSING THIS. THE FEEDBACK FROM THE LAST TWO HAS BEEN FANTASTIC :lol: SO REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO A TOP TOP NIGHT, BE GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN MR. BRENNAN :P YOUR AS MELLOW AS EVER LOL :lol: ATB ENZO shades.gif

Hey Enzo

Will be good to catch up with you & the lovely Jean again

Have you decided on your time slot yet....? :D

all the best

paul

='enzo' date='Mar 20 08, 08:55 PM' post='727048']

ame='soul45s' date='Mar 20 08, 07:35 PM' post='726981']

Hey Enzo

Will be good to catch up with you & the lovely Jean again

Have you decided on your time slot yet....? :huh:

all the best

paul

HMM WOT TIME SHOULD I GO ON :rolleyes: SOD IT I,L LET YOU KNOW AT THE LAST MINUTE PAUL :rolleyes: ANY OTHER PROBLEMS SEE MY MANAGER MR. BRENNAN OK :lol: DIVA ENZO :thumbsup:

hello banned one!!! thank f**k for that i thoght you'd been in front of the commitee ,because of the tight git that brought his own bottles to the golf club :lol: then there'd be no local venues for you to frequent would there? :lol:

will be good to hear tony hartness agen and the ruddster doing his thing!!!!

looking forward to it..... k/w

Hi Kev

The beer smuggling episode has been dealt with...the culprit voluntarily apologised to the bar manager....and you won't do it again.... :D ....will you?

Ruddster has been picking up some fantastic 45s for a pittance :lol: ....lucky sod!

It's all looking good for the 12th April, its gonna be another full house :thumbsup:

Might see you & Wendy at the weekend :lol:

Guest toffee lady

Hi Geoff, thats fine, I can always negotiate with Paul to get you a later spot, as I did with Lil Kev at the Clecky night

looking forward to it

Belle x

is there a seperate area for record sales paul? few nice bits for sale on the night I'm sure :lol: can't wait for what will be a very busy weekend,lowton on the friday,morley carr on the saturday,gonna be good,enjoyed neil toplis's spot at the wilton,more of the same matey :lol:

Mick

is there a seperate area for record sales paul? few nice bits for sale on the night I'm sure :lol: can't wait for what will be a very busy weekend,lowton on the friday,morley carr on the saturday,gonna be good,enjoyed neil toplis's spot at the wilton,more of the same matey thumbsup.gif

Mick

Mick

There isnt a seperate room for sales as such, but the room is big, so plenty enough space for a couple of dealer boxes.

I'll have a look and see if I can place a couple of tables together to create a sales area...better bring some torches as the room is dark & moody, just right for a soul night thumbsup.gif

Mick

There isnt a seperate room for sales as such, but the room is big, so plenty enough space for a couple of dealer boxes.

I'll have a look and see if I can place a couple of tables together to create a sales area...better bring some torches as the room is dark & moody, just right for a soul night thumbsup.gif

Dark & Moody..........

Now who does that remind me of?????????

Have a good'un

Tony

Mick

I'll have a look and see if I can place a couple of tables together to create a sales area...better bring some torches as the room is dark & moody, just right for a soul night :lol:

yeah,always think that the lighting is one of the key elements in a night,to create the right atmosphere and yeah those pen torches come in real handy when flicking through the boxes :lol: will have to start digging through the collection for the 12th,having a weekend off,start the advertising campaign again at middleton,you still doing bradford community radio with derek ?(plug,plug)
Guest toffee lady

,you still doing bradford community radio with derek ?(plug,plug)

Should be community service

:lol:

then again that might be me when I get my hands on you!

Guest toffee lady

Well just under 2 weeks to go now, Lil Kev will be celebrating his Birthday there so feel free to come along and pull his hair and give him the bumps........

post-5458-1206875274_thumb.jpg

Edited by toffee lady

Here's the directions, only a couple of minutes from the motorway M62, Junction 26:

Chain Bar roundabout A638 Low Moor / Bradford, drive past the Golf Club, follow the road till Railway BridgeTurn Left onto 'New Works Road' and continue until you see 'Morley Carr WMC' on your right, or from Huddersfield Road A641, turn right immediately after the Harold Club onto 'New Works Road', follow the road a couple of hundred yards and the Morley Carr WMC is on your left.

Very easy to find from all directions, large car park & cheap beer so dont bring your own!!! :lol:

Here's a map:https://www.multimap.com/hotels/?title=Morl...00RQ|BD12%200RQ

Edited by soul45s

Here's the directions, only a couple of minutes from the motorway M62, Junction 26:

Chain Bar roundabout A638 Low Moor / Bradford, drive past the Golf Club, follow the road till Railway BridgeTurn Left onto 'New Works Road' and continue until you see 'Morley Carr WMC' on your right, or from Huddersfield Road A641, turn right immediately after the Harold Club onto 'New Works Road', follow the road a couple of hundred yards and the Morley Carr WMC is on your left.

Very easy to find from all directions, large car park & cheap beer so dont bring your own!!! :D

just spotted the you tube video for the event paul,v good,have you got a link for the clip?

Very easy to find from all directions, large car park & cheap beer so dont bring your own!!! :no:

SOMEBODY,S NEVER TRIED TO BRING THERE OWN BEER IN PAUL :P HAVE THEY :thumbsup: NAME AND SHAME UM PAUL :D ATB ENZO :thumbsup:

Paul, looking forward to this one, can't wait :g: .

Will they be any bag search's when we go in :(wicked.gif:no: .

Willie

Hi Willie,

be good to see you again mate

Mirabelle the Mauler is on door duty with Rosemary, anyone trying to bring drinks in will get a bottle opener and a chilled glass........ :D:g: ....I dont think so!

The club bar is very cheap so theres no need for any beer smuggling from you know who.....or anyone else

Had lots of enquiries so we are expecting another very busy night with a great mix of tunes all night

regards

paul

Guest Paul Brennan

Right sorted , I coming .Looking forward to being there

Look forward to seeing you there Mak, couple of beers on me :thumbsup:

YOUR SPOT ON THERE BELLE MR. BRENNAN NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!! IN FACT YOUR SACKED MR. B BELLE YOUR MY NEW MANAGER PLEASE NEGOTIATE WITH MR. HARRIS WHAT TIME YOU THINK I SHOULD GO ON AND WHAT TIME THE LIMOUSINE IS PICKIN ME UP. SORRY I SACKED YOU ON HERE MR. B. (NOT)BUT IT,S DOG EAT DOG OUT THERE AND YER JUST A PUSSY CAT. LATER HOMBRE,S ENZO

post-4169-1207094941_thumb.jpg

Sorry Geoff but enough on my plate at moment smuggling Fearnhead's ale in. (thought these Yarkshire folk were tight, however, cumbian farmers even worse)

Is he driving or having a few and is it a landmark birthday??

Be great to see you Kev couple of beers, etc on me :rolleyes: Is Big Kev coming?

SOMEBODY,S NEVER TRIED TO BRING THERE OWN BEER IN PAUL HAVE THEY NAME AND SHAME UM PAUL ATB ENZO

No profit for me then if you are going to name Kev Fearnhead as the shamed beer smuggler

See some of you there

Paul

Had a few enquiries re local hotels:

BEST WESTERN GUIDE POST HOTEL

Room prices starting from £39

Common Road, Low Moor, Bradford, West Yorkshire

Best Western Guide Post Hotel is 0.22 kilometers from Low Moor.

[check availability and book online]

NOVOTEL BRADFORD

Room prices starting from £49

6 Roydsdale Way, Euroway Trading Estate, Bierley, Bradford, West Yorkshire

Novotel Bradford is 1.81 kilometers from Low Moor.

[check availability and book online]https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Hartness-t69573.html

Had a few enquiries re local hotels:

BEST WESTERN GUIDE POST HOTEL

Room prices starting from £39

Common Road, Low Moor, Bradford, West Yorkshire

Best Western Guide Post Hotel is 0.22 kilometers from Low Moor.

[check availability and book online]

NOVOTEL BRADFORD

Room prices starting from £49

6 Roydsdale Way, Euroway Trading Estate, Bierley, Bradford, West Yorkshire

Novotel Bradford is 1.81 kilometers from Low Moor.

[check availability and book online]https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Hartness-t69573.html

well looks like a few travelling and staying over in sunny bradford,only ten days to go,you getting nervous Paul :lol: BTW what time's the limo picking geoff up?

Source Advert