Swiss Soul Weekender

• Replies 109
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes there is 3 of us that i know going from Mancunia, anyone else?? Really looking forward to this now, last years was sooo good and this year i think will be better!! I wont wear my adidas womans volleyball t-shirt this time though :g: long story tongue.gif ...

L

Could I please fax you my 300 page music wish list? Thank you and kindest regards Sir. You can borrow a skirt or dress of me in exchange. :D

Hey there,

Just found your site and info about the weekend in Lucerne. I didn't know about it, but by chance I'm booked to play a gig in Lucerne on Friday the 16th. I'm playing early in the evening (I think it's called for 8pm) and would love to get to get a chance to meet up with some of you Soul lovers while I'm in town. I guess by the name of the event it will be a late hang on Friday, how late will the event go?. I have to leave late Saturday afternoon, but I really hope I can meet some of you while I'm around. I love the old soul/R&B stuff (not much a purist tho, I love all kinds of music) and have a little collection of stuff, but I can't wait to hear what people will be spinning and what kind of goodies the vinyl folks have.

Hope to see you in Lucerne.

Thanks!

Marc

nice marc,

hope to meet you. the friday is in the bar59 and will end at about 4. on saturday afternoon we will meet at the bar perterre from 3 on, maybe there is a chance, too...

hope to see you, regards hank

nice marc,

hope to meet you. the friday is in the bar59 and will end at about 4. on saturday afternoon we will meet at the bar perterre from 3 on, maybe there is a chance, too...

hope to see you, regards hank

thanks hank. look forward to meeting you

for all those booked from manchester to geneva with bmi on the 16th of jan this flight been cancelled and is now flying out same time 06:55 on the thursday 15th jan this is going to be fantastic a great soulfull start to the new year counting the days awsome looking venue by the way

:ohmy: If you fancy treating yourselves to something special Lucerne has to be one of the most beautiful cities I've visited.

With a young, friendly, and up for it crowd, and a fantastic venue, this has to be the best way ever of blowing away those festive cobwebs! :D

Had a great time there in October and we're really hoping we're gonna be able to make this one too.

- Kev

n840886039_1743917_1477.jpg

What a fab venue, really looking forward to this. Don't know when we fly Malayka has all this worked out, as we will be visiting the family over there as well. But see you all on the dance floor or in the Bar, Roddy.

Those thinking of a last minute booking, just do it. It will be fun and a nice break in a stunning city.

Dave

Guest peter burke

Anyone with funds available after Christmas & New Year fancying this check out Easyjet Gatwick to Basel £51 yesterday inc taxes.

Just remember to deselect hold luggage and insurance. although they'll probably add a couple of quid for paying by card.

Contact Thomas or Hank to help with details on transport the other end.

Would have loved to get over there but skint, still got a couple of posters for the event in the boot of the car!

Have a good one,

Pete (& Karen) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anyone with funds available after Christmas & New Year fancying this check out Easyjet Gatwick to Basel £51 yesterday inc taxes.

Just remember to deselect hold luggage and insurance. although they'll probably add a couple of quid for paying by card.

Contact Thomas or Hank to help with details on transport the other end.

Would have loved to get over there but skint, still got a couple of posters for the event in the boot of the car!

Have a good one,

Pete (& Karen) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yesss don´t missss !! A great oportunity to be in a great weekender in a nice place !! Great line up, venue....and friends!!

See you in 11 days !!!

A great oportunity to be in a great weekender in a nice place !! Great line up, venue....and friends!!

Looking forward to being there!!

A question for the Swiss guys: is it cold up there?

...what a question... ok, I will prepare the dog sled to carry my recordsbox.....

(luckily I've got Oliver - my German Sherpa - with me.. :thumbup: )

ciao,

Barbara

p.s.

Albert, I've changed the hotel and booked a room close to the "panic one"... :)

Just over a week to go cant wait looking forward to hearing Liams recent purchases the bar has been raised once again. First time for me in Swiss land think ive been to every country around it so this is going to be special how many days left oooohhhhhh yyyeeeeessssss

Looking forward to being there!!

A question for the Swiss guys: is it cold up there?

...what a question... ok, I will prepare the dog sled to carry my recordsbox.....

(luckily I've got Oliver - my German Sherpa - with me.. :thumbsup: )

ciao,

Barbara

p.s.

Albert, I've changed the hotel and booked a room close to the "panic one"... :thumbup:

it will be dreadful cold (especially for you i think :thumbup: )..... but the music will be hot! cant wait next weekend!

it will be dreadful cold (especially for you i think :shades: )..... but the music will be hot! cant wait next weekend!

...good explanation :ohmy: ...can't wait to come home! (I have an awful problem... my parents want to come and see what her daughter's up to, after they got hold of a copy of the Rolling Stone magazine...anyone a good excuse for me to explain them why they shouldn't come?)

M.

Edited by malayka

...good explanation wink.gif ...can't wait to come home! (I have an awful problem... my parents want to come and see what her daughter's up to, after they got hold of a copy of the Rolling Stone magazine...anyone a good excuse for me to explain them why they shouldn't come?)

M.

lol :P

so Marcel and Dave can have a nice boogie dance together, would love to see that.

Edited by soulie78

it will be dreadful cold (especially for you i think wink.gif )..... but the music will be hot! cant wait next weekend!

I've already prepared my luggage..

Winter long socks...

Thermic shirt...

Moon Boots...

am I going to a soul weekender or skiing?!? :P

Joking.... only the recordsbox is ready, that's what counts!

See you on friday!!!!!

Barbara

I am, kind of...

Malayka - Is that the venue we went to see this japanese garage punk band, when we were at your sisters? If so, should be really great for an allnighter.

t;No martin, That was an illegal bar....this one my sis would never go to...she can't cope with the establishment ;-) ;also...my father doesn't do the boogie, as you might well know....therefore he can run up a mountain very fast...M.

Edited by malayka

Flying out on wednesday !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malayka bring your mum i would love to dance with her and buy her a drink (or two) !!

Dave hope your livers up to my new game "Around the world in 80 drinks"

Really looking forward to a week of madness see you all in a couple of days !!!!!

Go Go Gorilla !

Hi there,

I've had some e-mails from folks involved with the party asking about my gig early Friday evening. I'm doing an singing and playing guitar, resonator and lap steel in a blues/New Orleans groove/funky stuff duo with my piano player at Tschuppi's Wunderbar starting at 8pm, probably going until 1130 or so. After that we will be heading over to the all-nighter. Very psyched that I'll be in Lucerne while this is happening. Looking forward to meeting all you soul freaks!

Around the world in 80 drinks? I'm in.

I think i'd like to play too!! :D

IM IN , PRE SWISS NIGHT IN MANC LAND TOMMOROW NIGHT LIAM TO GET THINGS GOING SAVE ME SOME SUN SCREEN MATE :shades::lol: MIGHT CATCH MARC STONE NOLA AT HIS GIG HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE MARC AT SOME POINT ANYWAY MATE

IM IN , PRE SWISS NIGHT IN MANC LAND TOMMOROW NIGHT LIAM TO GET THINGS GOING SAVE ME SOME SUN SCREEN MATE :ohmy::lol: MIGHT CATCH MARC STONE NOLA AT HIS GIG HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE MARC AT SOME POINT ANYWAY MATE

Alone not scram or Marc stone nola sounds like a good aul gig..Pre match scoops in manc then off to Airport early..i feel a messy one on the cards!!...As long as i dont leave my records in the airport like i did in Sweden!!! I dont have Mr Shields to keep me in check on this tour!!... Phil any chance of coming!!???

L

Source Advert