Record Insurance

Has anyone dealt with adding the value of your record collection to your home contents insurance?

Just wondered cos some of you will have collections worth more than your house!

Mine is prob a measley £10k but not insured. Just interested in anyone's experience with this.

Edited by Soultime Promotions
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Stuart T

ridiculously expensive is 1% i'll check the other post tho thanks :wave:

Try Halifax, they used to do unlimited contents insurance as long as the items didn't fall within their definition of a collection, which most records wouldn't (strangely). You'll have to check the small print though.

Social source share

I added mine to the contents insurance a few years back.... with Swinton, strangely enough they didnt want photo`s, which I would have been happy to supply.

ABout 5 years ago Goldmine got a call from someones insurers who`s client was claiming after a burglary.....wanting to know the price of a few big ticket 45`s which (suposedly) rolleyes.gif went hooky, and wanting to know if Tim had, or could get replacements for. No idea how it turned out in the end but methinks they had a good result.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

tryed to get it from mine on house insurance and i was told they not coverd and cant as i keep takening um around to diff venue that was with the abbey ins

asked my insurer and he left the house laughing his nuts off saying "ten bob mate" over and over again... some peopole just don't want the business!!!! g.gif

Social source share

could only get mine insured for five grand on my household insurance unless i got them indivuadly priced by an auction house ie christies or similar. That was with the Abbey but was a few years ago now

Social source share

its a bit of a mine field, we have ours on the house insurance, but at not the full value, to cover them record by record is very expensive, so we just did a job lot, if you get my drift.

The real risk is fire.

Followed by water damage if you live in a flood zone.

Followed by treading on them - my problem - just snapped a R Tyler & G Davis).....before that cracked a TNJs on Chess - inadequate storage....

Social source share

Has anyone dealt with adding the value of your record collection to your home contents insurance?

Just wondered cos some of you will have collections worth more than your house!

Mine is prob a measley £10k but not insured. Just interested in anyone's experience with this.

Stamp Insurance Services (01392 4339490) do other collectables; I have my records insured for £30000 for £162.50 a year.

Nick

Social source share

Norwich Union do them on House contents as long as none are over £1500 for a single item.

Currently in the process of Moving house the people doing my mortgae have said they can insure them - they asked me how much are they worth?

To me a few thousand quid m- The Gasher says theyre worth £4.50 but Sepia has offered £8.92 so the Gasher can Feck off :lol::D

Social source share

Guest Gogs

Norwich Union do them on House contents as long as none are over £1500 for a single item.

Currently in the process of Moving house the people doing my mortgae have said they can insure them - they asked me how much are they worth?

To me a few thousand quid m- The Gasher says theyre worth £4.50 but Sepia has offered £8.92 so the Gasher can Feck off :lol::D

[/quote

always said sepia had to much money :lol:

but back to the point i tried to insure my collection years ago with the halifax but they wouldn't, might have changed now though.

Edited by Gogs
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert