Little Anthony & The Imperials* Palais All Dayer 2009 *

Guest northernsoulboy6

HIYA

It got pushed to yesterday's by SS and not us............... I was asked to put it back into events... and I did hence it is now on both threads.............whoops .............

We are so sorry about the confusion about the ticket price............. it was originally £10.00 but added costs ended up pushing the price up........

the price is £15.00 per ticket..............

we have paid a lot of attention to detail and have included an eleven piece musical ensemble to deliver the best musical experience ever..........both 'Carlis' Sonny Monroe of the Falcons and Ruby Andrews are really looking forward to working with this band of local talented musicians..........

we have also hired (booked and confirmed) 32 DJ's to include some of the best on the Northern Soul Scene............. list to be released next week via local PRESS coverage........

we are also offering some of our local soul clubs the chance to DJ and promote their venues..............

we have organised this event purely 'BY SOULIES FOR SOULIES'.

Support from most of soul clubs has been fantastic......... and when you see the DJ line up you can fully understand the support that we have actually received..............

we are truely honoured and are proud and cannot thank them enough............

We hope that you will be joining us on this day............

Warm Wishes

Tracey n Andy

I think its a bargain at £15 and I have paid for 2 tickets and looking forward to it sounds great and will certainly bring back some memories..

Thanks for organizing it

Mark

• Replies 98
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I think its a bargain at £15 and I have paid for 2 tickets and looking forward to it sounds great and will certainly bring back some memories..

Thanks for organizing it

Mark

Hiya Mark....

The tickets are on the way to you........... thank you.....

Tracey n Andy

Would like to say I think you guys are doing an absolutely brilliant job

Im sure its going to be a great success

Cheers Mand

Ticket holder :thumbsup:

Thank you mand................. DJ list is being published this week.......... in a certain newspaper.......

ATB

Tracey

x

Would like to say I think you guys are doing an absolutely brilliant job

Im sure its going to be a great success

Cheers Mand

Ticket holder biggrin.gif

Especally for you Mand......... FULL DJ LINE UP...........

post-8847-1223640973_thumb.jpg

post-8847-1223901697_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bettyboop

What a great flyer

I will post it on myspace and facebook

Mand xxx :thumbsup:

Thank you Mand. :rolleyes: ......... twas a joint effort.... 'myself' and 'Andy'..........

don'f forget to check out our website.....WWW.FREEWEBS.COM/PALAIS.........

you can view what we have added up to yet .........

ATB

Tracey n Andy

xxx

• 3 weeks later...

............... :lol:VENUE IS BOOKED :) .............

.....PALAIS DE DANSE - OCEANA NOTTINGHAM......

......EASTER BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 13TH APRIL 2009.....

12.00 MIDDAY TIL 12.00 A.M.

.....THREE ROOMS OF SOUL.......great DJ line up already confirmed.......

........featuring past Palais DJ's ......... full details to follow............

.....LIVE BAND FROM DETROIT BOOKED and confirmed........... full details to follow.........

.......................TICKET OUTLET'S NEEDED.......... please PM me if you can help.....

......website being set up.......

• 1 month later...

I've seen 2 adverts for this event with different ticket prices - £10 & £15 - which is it?

I've not been to the Palais since the 60s, hopefully meet up with some old faces from the 60s soul scene. rolleyes.gif

£15...................... had lots of interest and support from outside Nottingham.................. wots up with the Notts folk frusty2.gifunsure.gif

The 'BOOP'

Edited by Bettyboop

£15...................... had lots of interest and support from outside Nottingham.................. wots up with the Notts folk :):)

The 'BOOP'

Hiya Tracy, be patient luvvie it's early day's yet. They will all come out of the woodwork after the festive season. Heard the other day that some of the Lowton regulars are planning on being there. Less than 4 months now, flights are booked, records are ready, baggies are pressed, oh and i have a nice Betty Boop car sticker for you. Stay soulful, see you at the Brit and say g'day to Andy. Tony T BONE OZ. K.T.F.

Hiya Tracy, be patient luvvie it's early day's yet. They will all come out of the woodwork after the festive season. Heard the other day that some of the Lowton regulars are planning on being there. Less than 4 months now, flights are booked, records are ready, baggies are pressed, oh and i have a nice Betty Boop car sticker for you. Stay soulful, see you at the Brit and say g'day to Andy. Tony T BONE OZ. K.T.F.

what woodworks that then

Could be your head Bish, heard it would make a real good fence if you cut it into slats lol. Just your way of being positive i spose ?? Never mind mate are you gonna be there or wot ?? Stay humorous and soulful. Ta Ta. The Bone, OZ. S.T.F.D.U

yea i will be there i think!! will you be nipping over

yea i will be there i think!! will you be nipping over

Of course mate, just take a look at the deejay lineup on the poster and there i am. Tony T BONE Edgley. Spose it's cos i like a bit of steak ie the nickname. Really looking forward to it and it's gonna be well worth the trip. We have to meet up for a chinwag and a beer or two. Will be at the Brit on the 3rd also, spinning a few for Tracy and Andy. Yep i'm a bit rare, well medium rare to be exact lol. Stay soulful. Tony OZ. K.T.F.

what woodworks that then

That'll be this woodwork mate! wink.gif

Have virtually stopped visiting this site because of all the negative /backbiting stuff being dished out

I only come now to see how Tracey and Andy are progressing with the amazingly positive Palais alldayer!

and to pick up the messages I still recieve thru here

I have ticket no's 4 and 5 (money where mouth is ) :lol:

Look forward to seeing everyone there

I drove by the place tonight when I dropped my fella in town she dont half look gorgeous when shes lit up at night

( that'll be the building )

Take care Madmandy :lol:

Edited by Madmandy
  • 4 weeks later...

That'll be this woodwork mate! :no:

Have virtually stopped visiting this site because of all the negative /backbiting stuff being dished out

I only come now to see how Tracey and Andy are progressing with the amazingly positive Palais alldayer!

and to pick up the messages I still recieve thru here

I have ticket no's 4 and 5 (money where mouth is ) :lol:

Look forward to seeing everyone there

I drove by the place tonight when I dropped my fella in town she dont half look gorgeous when shes lit up at night

( that'll be the building )

Take care Madmandy :thumbsup:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...st&id=55626

Just wondered if anyone has seen this????

How did you manage to dig that up . All gone a bit quite on the Palais and Brit front , any news anyone

Hi MAK

in reply

The 'BRIT' is still going strong.... next one is Friday 6th February with GUEST DJ BRIAN RAE.....

&

The 'PALAIS' Tickets are on sale....... A new flyer will be launched later this month and tickets are £15........

We would like to thank people for their help with regards selling tickets and promoting the Palais (unfortunately most support has been by the surrounding areas and NOT Nottingham)........

We only post our venues on the EVENTS page ........

Tracey n Andy

Looking at going to this, can anyone tell me if the central travelodge is far from the venue

regards

Ian n Odette

We are approaching local Hotels etc.............. for some discount prices................ will keep posting updates...............

Tracey n Andy

We are approaching local Hotels etc.............. for some discount prices................ will keep posting updates...............

Tracey n Andy

Tracey

whats that place called at the side of the viccy centre is it a Marriott???

Ah I remember rushing to catch the last bus home thru the vic when it was all closed at night after the dayers for the bus trip home (knackered and happy still buzzin) smile.gif

Can anyone remember what it used to be before it was bought out?????

I buggered if I can ...but I'm sure that someone will

anyone???

Mand :thumbsup:

Looking at going to this, can anyone tell me if the central travelodge is far from the venue

regards

Ian n Odette

Ian

if you get on travelodges site it will show you where their hotels are you just need to look for parliament street and find one close by unless of course Tracey has a good deal with a local hotel ????

Ian

if you get on travelodges site it will show you where their hotels are you just need to look for parliament street and find one close by unless of course Tracey has a good deal with a local hotel ????

Mand :P

WORKING ON IT AS WE SPEAK.........

also rolleyes.gif Re Launch under way....................... check out our new flyer...............

post-8847-1232362226_thumb.jpg

WORKING ON IT AS WE SPEAK.........

also rolleyes.gif Re Launch under way....................... check out our new flyer...............

Hiya Guy's, Flyer looks great, please keep me a couple for the Aussie memorabilia box and a poster as well if you are doing one. God, how many more sleeps is it?? Stay soulful, Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems the rumourmill is in motion again

This event IS going ahead.

Acts and djs booked etc etc

just keep checking in with the thread

Also any questions you may have please direct them to Tracey (bettyboop) and Andy (they are the people that know)

They have no problem in giving any info

It seems the rumourmill is in motion again

This event IS going ahead.

Acts and djs booked etc etc

just keep checking in with the thread

Also any questions you may have please direct them to Tracey (bettyboop) and Andy (they are the people that know)

They have no problem in giving any info

CHEERS MAND>>>>>>>> :unsure:

Some people just can't help themselves unfortunately.. :lol: ................... but we know who you are :huh: ........

We have put so much into this event.... and just to reiterate..... its an event for SOULIES BY SOULIES...............

there are no BIG WALLET's involved in this event...............................

Tracey n Andy

x

wheres me tickets ? :huh:

Being posted out to you this week Ian................. weve had them re printed and re designed... ....................

sorry for the delay................... we will also send you a 'VIP' pass for your patience................ :unsure:

Tracey n Andy

Being posted out to you this week Ian................. weve had them re printed and re designed... ....................

sorry for the delay................... we will also send you a 'VIP' pass for your patience................ :thumbup:

Tracey n Andy

thats very very kind of you. thanks so much. :yes:

CHEERS MAND>>>>>>>> :lol:

Some people just can't help themselves unfortunately.. :lol: ................... but we know who you are whistling.gif ........

We have put so much into this event.... and just to reiterate..... its an event for SOULIES BY SOULIES...............

there are no BIG WALLET's involved in this event...............................

Tracey n Andy

x

Nicely put Tracy, just BIG BIG hearts is all you need. Keep it up, see you in about 59 sleeps. Stay soulful. Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Nicely put Tracy, just BIG BIG hearts is all you need. Keep it up, see you in about 59 sleeps. Stay soulful. Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Thank you Tony....... as you will notice THE FALCONS are appearing as originally stated...... spoke to sonny last sunday..... got something very special lined up for the Palais.........

see ya very soon............

Tracey n Andy

• 2 weeks later...

regards

Ian n Odette

did you source a place to stay................... ????

starting to get busy on the ticket line now..........

nice to see that we have people travelling as far as cornwall....... furthest of course is Australia......Mr Tony T Bone.....looking forward to hearing you spin that great vinyl again...........................

Tracy I need the new DJ line up for the facebook group please

So I can amend the group

Ta

Mand :rolleyes:

working on it Mand............... not much of a change thou..... one to come off at the minute.......... will pm ya................

Tracy I need the new DJ line up for the facebook group please

So I can amend the group

Ta

still working on it Mand... sorry for the delay.... it hasnt changed much though..... only a couple of them are off the list.....

Edited by Bettyboop

still working on it Mand... sorry for the delay.... it hasnt changed much though..... only a couple of them are off the list.....

also if ticket sales reach 1500 we have LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS.....

... if you want Little Anthony get your tickets now..

So Bettyboop, ..................if I buy a ticket because I want to see Little Anthony & The Imperials..............and I book a flight...............and I arrange a hotel......................if you only sell 1475 tickets ...................I guess no Lil Tony ?????

Why then should I bother ???

And why are you bothering promoting something which may not happen ???

Cheers "bewildered" Lil A fan Paul

So Bettyboop, ..................if I buy a ticket because I want to see Little Anthony & The Imperials..............and I book a flight...............and I arrange a hotel......................if you only sell 1475 tickets ...................I guess no Lil Tony ?????

thumbup.gif
the thread has been updated
:thumbup:
...................... they are coming...............

Ms BOOP.......

Thanks Ms Boop :rolleyes:

Cheers Paul

Hey Paul, get yer head out of the tulips mate and get a ticket booked, it's gonna be a great day even without the Falcons. Stop being negative towards the people who have worked their butts off to get this event off the ground. You only have an hours flight to the U.K. i have 20 hours from OZ. Lets have a beer if you turn up. Stay soulful. Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Source Advert