Little Anthony & The Imperials* Palais All Dayer 2009 *

............... :thumbup:VENUE IS BOOKED rolleyes.gif .............

.....PALAIS DE DANSE - OCEANA NOTTINGHAM......

......EASTER BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 13TH APRIL 2009.....

12.00 MIDDAY TIL 12.00 A.M.

.....THREE ROOMS OF SOUL.......great DJ line up already confirmed.......

........featuring past Palais DJ's ......... full details to follow............

SINGING LIVE................

LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS & RUBY ANDREWS

Edited by Bettyboop
  • Replies 98
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Any promoters out there fancy trying to get us a Notts Palais alldayer reunion????

Whats the likelyhood?

Any promoters reading who was involved the first time around?

I bet it would be sold out ....unlimited DJ talent to choose from

But at least some of the resident Djs would have to be in place of course

PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!

Thanks

:shades: Mand........... tickets 1,2 are all yours...................

............... :ohmy: VENUE IS BOOKED :yes: ............. PALAIS DE DANSE - OCEANA NOTTINGHAM.......

.....LIVE BAND FROM DETROIT BOOKED and confirmed........... full details to follow.........

..........TICKETS £10............ ON SALE 1ST SEPTEMBER 2008.........

..............TICKET OUTLET'S NEEDED.......... please PM me if you can help.....

......website being set up.......

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

did you get my cheque???? :ohmy:

VENUE IS BOOKED

:shades: .............

PALAIS DE DANSE - OCEANA NOTTINGHAM.......

EASTER BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 13TH APRIL 2009.....

THREE ROOMS OF SOUL.......great DJ line up already confirmed.......

featuring past Palais DJ's ......... full details to follow............

LIVE BAND FROM DETROIT BOOKED and confirmed........... full details to follow.........

TICKETS £10

ON SALE 1ST SEPTEMBER 2008.........

TICKET OUTLET'S NEEDED..........

please PM me if you can help.....

website being set up.......

:ohmy: This is fantastic news :yes:

Edited by Sister Dawn

Should be a good day had some great times there.Should even be able to get a few of the Notts faithfull along to this :ohmy:

a few a few ??? we want at least 500/1000

would be a stormer if we can get those numbers

we want folks from all over who used to come to the alldayers on the sundays even the regular nighter crowd too lets get them all there!!!!

Mand thumbup.gif

Edited by Madmandy
Guest southpaw

Yes the Nott's crew will be there just a pity a very good mate wont be there to share it with us Shippo (RIP) know he loved this place

One track that sticks in my mind from the Palais Brenda Holloway - When I'm gone, bet you all have great memories of the place :unsure:

Edited by southpaw

Yes the Nott's crew will be there just a pity a very good mate wont be there to share it with us Shippo (RIP) know he loved this place

One track that sticks in my mind from the Palais Brenda Holloway - When I'm gone, bet you all have great memories of the place :wub:

that tune would be a very apt choice to dedicate to Shippo ...dont you think ?? bless him

hope hes watchin :thumbup:

Mand

Well me and the Lincoln Posse will be there Mand you try and stop us... ringing my bezzie mate tonite in NZ shes gonna be so made up..... :thumbup:

I cant wait to see everyone together we really should get a photographer to take pics all day

so we can have a catalogue of who was there

Mand :thumbup:

PS bought my first christmas prezzie tday ( I kid you not) :wub: not been on me hols yet LOL

Edited by Madmandy
Guest krawen

MONDAY!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHH!!!!!!!!! Best get the next day booked off at work....two tickets please :sweatingbullets:

Same here Jim, I'll be booking Tuesday off.

2 tickets please Tracy :unsure:

All the best

Steve B

Guest krawen

I cant wait to see everyone together we really should get a photographer to take pics all day

Mand :unsure:

PS bought my first christmas prezzie tday ( I kid you not) :sweatingbullets: not been on me hols yet LOL

Hi Mandy,

that sounds like a job for Coops

Steve B

Hi Mandy,

that sounds like a job for Coops

Steve B

Don't want anything too arty farty tho LOL

Coops are you reading this??? just kiddin mate :unsure:

Wonder if he took BnW pics we could fool everyone it was 1970/80s ish again LOL

It might make my crows feet disappear!!!

DONT SAY ANYTHING!!!!!! :sweatingbullets:

............... :rolleyes:VENUE IS BOOKED :) .............

.....LIVE BAND FROM DETROIT BOOKED and confirmed........... full details to follow.........

..............TICKET OUTLET'S NEEDED.......... please PM me if you can help.....

This sounds great.I am sure Steve Russell and some of the other deejays from the West Midland Soul Club (which is still running) will be up for returning to the venue they originally established as the midlands number one all dayer.(Has anybody mentioned that Nottingham Palais, Tiffanys Coalville, and I think the Derby soul nights were set up FIRST by the intruders from the west-Steve Russell, Mick Flello .Joe Bragg, and other WMSC deejays?)

I deejayed on the odd occasion and had a record bar regularly.I remember well some great alldayers, and deejay Basil , Steve and myself were dicussing how the WMSC seems to have been missed in discussion about the Palais.

Anyway, it sounds a good idea to me and I hope the likes of Steve Russell, Basil etc do not get overlooked in the planning.

cheers

francis t

francis@realsiderecords.co.uk

"Gutted" I afraid I can't make this one my Forest Town's 4th Anniversary on the same day but you should have a great night in Notts.

I'll be thinking of you (spent some good hours in the Palais sweatingbullets.gif )

Dennis

cant you bring it forward den or put it back Den, everyones goin down the palais ???

Photos Mand Jellybeans hubby his winsford alnighter photos really captured the nite for me.... fantastic shots check em out in the albums....

its a deffo for me and the mrs. plus i guess col foulks, mady davidson, ady stocks, mac and the rest of the old ripley crew.

cant wait - none of that crap r&b :rolleyes: never saw speaker time at the Palais!!

happy to be a ticket tout to my mailing lists - get in touch with the deal.

Thank you with regards ticket outlet. Will be in touch soon.

R&B crap.... lol....... there will be three rooms (maybe four) spinning vinyl so there will be something for everyone..... wink.gif

warm wishes

Mand :D

PS bought my first christmas prezzie tday ( I kid you not) :rolleyes: not been on me hols yet LOL

already working on this Mand..... great minds think alike ohmy.gif .

One track that sticks in my mind from the Palais Brenda Holloway - When I'm gone, bet you all have great memories of the place :rolleyes:

Hiya Pickles....Shippo was loved by so many..... I too have fond memories .... remember the skeggy picture with copper hats on..... Ive got a copy of this somewhere....

Guest Fatius Bumius

Looking forward to it :rolleyes:

Sure tickets will sell out fast, if someone can put a Wigan revival do on in a shopping centre and get folks through the doors (and up the escalators), I don't see a problem filling a real venue of the past :D

Wassup, did Victoria Centre let ya down ? :(laugh.gif

This sounds great.I am sure Steve Russell and some of the other deejays from the West Midland Soul Club (which is still running) will be up for returning to the venue they originally established as the midlands number one all dayer.(Has anybody mentioned that Nottingham Palais, Tiffanys Coalville, and I think the Derby soul nights were set up FIRST by the intruders from the west-Steve Russell, Mick Flello .Joe Bragg, and other WMSC deejays?)

I deejayed on the odd occasion and had a record bar regularly.I remember well some great alldayers, and deejay Basil , Steve and myself were dicussing how the WMSC seems to have been missed in discussion about the Palais.

Anyway, it sounds a good idea to me and I hope the likes of Steve Russell, Basil etc do not get overlooked in the planning.

cheers

francis t

francis@realsiderecords.co.uk

Hiya Francis

thanks for the interesting info... Betty has been asking for info like this from the word go

glad you'll be joining us I'm sure she'll be iterested i what you have said

Mand :rolleyes:

Looking forward to it :rolleyes:

Sure tickets will sell out fast, if someone can put a Wigan revival do on in a shopping centre and get folks through the doors (and up the escalators), I don't see a problem filling a real venue of the past :(

Wassup, did Victoria Centre let ya down ? :sleep3:laugh.gif

OOOOOOOOOO thats soooooo cheeky :lol:

actually we tried for broadmarsh they wouldnt have us :D just kiddin

Guest southpaw

Hiya Pickles....Shippo was loved by so many..... I too have fond memories .... remember the skeggy picture with copper hats on..... Ive got a copy of this somewhere....

Tracey, I knew that picture would suffice one day :rolleyes:

............... :lol:VENUE IS BOOKED :lol: .............

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS IT BEING MY OLD STOMPING GROUND AND ALL SPECIALLY RETURNING TO D.J. AS I DID AT SOME OF THE LATER DAYER'S AND THE NIGHTER'S IN THE 80'S WILL BE BRINGING THE ST IVES POSSE WITH ME ANDY IF YOU WANT ME TO DISTRIBUTE TICKET'S OVER THIS WAY LET ME KNOW :lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

One track that sticks in my mind from the Palais Brenda Holloway - When I'm gone, bet you all have great memories of the place :thumbup:

Now then Pickles

How ya doin mate?

Just saw yer post mentioning Shippo - couldn't help but see that smile of his in my memory. Top man.

:lol:

Not read all the thread - so, have you got the DJ's sorted yet? Who ya thinking of boooooookin?

Ironside

we have got quite a few DJ's sorted i.e. booked and confirmed.......... list should be going up today......... however iam sure that more will be added.......... my partner Andy (soulbandit) is in charge with regards DJ's. Iam busy with arranging the musicians/merchandise for the FALCONS..........Feel free to PM either myself or Andy with any offers of help......................

Guest markmtfc

that tune would be a very apt choice to dedicate to Shippo ...dont you think ?? bless him

hope hes watchin :thumbup:

Mand

The Van Dykes saving my love for a rainy day, he always said it was his fav tune

• 3 weeks later...

News hot off the press

and I've just had this confirmed to me , is that besides THE FALCONS appearing at the Palais. RUBY ANDREWS will be performing live too.

all the best

Steve B

News hot off the press

and I've just had this confirmed to me , is that besides THE FALCONS appearing at the Palais. RUBY ANDREWS will be performing live too.

all the best

Steve B

Yes the news is 100% correct..... we are pleased to announce that RUBY ANDREWS will be performing live at The Palais All Dayer......13th April 2009......

Tracey n Andy

Guest northernsoulboy6

............... :wicked:VENUE IS BOOKED :shades: .............

.......................TICKET OUTLET'S NEEDED.......... please PM me if you can help.....

Hi

I will have 5 or 6 but need to get the money from the others and then i will pay by paypal if thats ok?? Also the guys asked if there is a patch? don't matter if there isn't but would be cool.

Regards

The Bedford Lot

Hi

I will have 5 or 6 but need to get the money from the others and then i will pay by paypal if thats ok?? Also the guys asked if there is a patch? don't matter if there isn't but would be cool.

Regards

The Bedford Lot

Hiya...........

No problem............ just sorting paypal account which should be 'live' by the end of the week.

Re : Patch - There will be a 'limited amount' of patches for sale.

We are working on other memorabilia too.

ATB

Tracey n Andy

Hiya...........

No problem............ just sorting paypal account which should be 'live' by the end of the week.

Re : Patch - There will be a 'limited amount' of patches for sale.

We are working on other memorabilia too.

ATB

Tracey n Andy

PAYPAL ACCOUNT SET UP.......................... soulbandit@hotmail.co.uk.................

please add an extra £1 for 'registered postage'.................

Guest Spinning Vinyl

PAYPAL ACCOUNT SET UP.......................... soulbandit@hotmail.co.uk.................

please add an extra £1 for 'registered postage'.................

Two Things really .... not having a dig or nothing

whys is this thread in all our yesturdays and not events?

And is it £10 or £15 seems to be a bit of indifference in the thread???

But fair play to yous Falcons and Ruby representing its gotta be good

anyway might have to get to this for a "Good Good Feeling"

I'm "standing on guard" for your reply

:thumbsup:

Edited by Spinning Vinyl
Guest soul bandit

:thumbsup:

hi mate..... sorry about the confusion with the price..... can confirm it's £15-00 per ticket..... we have put it on events I believe..... unless tracey's waitin for me to do it..... she's pretty much on the ball..... we should pe posting the DJ list later today..... 32 of them in all spread out over four rooms..... so there'll be an amazing choice for you all day..... plenty of real good quality stuff to mark the occasion if wanna buy anything too..... patches shirts signed photos & much more.....we're also having it filmed professionally for a double dvd of the day.....DISC 1 will be the dayer with snippets of the live acts.....DISC 2 will be the full live musical performances including some of the rehearsal footage & some of the day to day stuff the artists do whilst they're here.....

we've employed an award winning musical director to conduct & arrange a remarkable 11 piece ensemble..... So it's gonna sound out of this world for sure..... They're already working hard at it now..... A band of real dedicated musicians including one of the countries leading 'vibes' players..... If you have any questions please fire away..... tickets have gone on worldwide sale & are in big demand..... I look forward to seeing you at 'the Palais' thanx for your interest.....atb Andy / Tracey

biggrin.gif

HIYA

It got pushed to yesterday's by SS and not us............... I was asked to put it back into events... and I did hence it is now on both threads.............whoops .............

We are so sorry about the confusion about the ticket price............. it was originally £10.00 but added costs ended up pushing the price up........

the price is £15.00 per ticket..............

we have paid a lot of attention to detail and have included an eleven piece musical ensemble to deliver the best musical experience ever..........both 'Carlis' Sonny Monroe of the Falcons and Ruby Andrews are really looking forward to working with this band of local talented musicians..........

we have also hired (booked and confirmed) 32 DJ's to include some of the best on the Northern Soul Scene............. list to be released next week via local PRESS coverage........

we are also offering some of our local soul clubs the chance to DJ and promote their venues..............

we have organised this event purely 'BY SOULIES FOR SOULIES'.

Support from most of soul clubs has been fantastic......... and when you see the DJ line up you can fully understand the support that we have actually received..............

we are truely honoured and are proud and cannot thank them enough............

We hope that you will be joining us on this day............

Warm Wishes

Tracey n Andy

Source Advert