A Want For A Friend

Steve Plumb

A mate of mine wants 'Joi Cardwell - Let it go' on 12" so badly he said he'd donate a testical for it :wicked:

He's struggling to find one on sale at the moment and like all collectors, he doesn't want to wait, he wants it NOW!!!!! Glad I bought mine when it was first released, as I know how frustrating it is when you want something yesterday!!!!

Anyone who fancies nailing his hat on please let me know wink.gif

If you have one for sale let me know how much it is? (by PM preferably)

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A mate of mine wants 'Joi Cardwell - Let it go' on 12" so badly he said he'd donate a testical for it laugh.gif

He's struggling to find one on sale at the moment and like all collectors, he doesn't want to wait, he wants it NOW!!!!! Glad I bought mine when it was first released, as I know how frustrating it is when you want something yesterday!!!!

Anyone who fancies nailing his hat on please let me know :D

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve you could have mine but i could'nt LET IT GO !!!!!!! for a hairy bollock :wicked:

Social source share

never understood the fuss on this...

Well I'd have to disagree with you there. Blew me out the water when i first heard this (2000/2001?) bought it immediately and have loved it ever since! I seem to remember hearing it played by Paul Phillips on Solar the week of it's release and being mightily impressed with it. In fact imho it's only been a matter of time that it'd become a monster on the retro/60's/70's scene (as opposed to the Soulful Garage/Nu Soul dance scene) cos it has all the same ingredients as Shazz/Michael Proctor/Bobby Pruitt etc). Maybe a bit too soft for Soulful House Heads..........but i'm not one of those...........and me mate who's willing to donate a bollock isn't either :thumbup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

A mate of mine wants 'Joi Cardwell - Let it go' on 12" so badly he said he'd donate a testical for it :ohmy:

Cheers

Steve

He is not the only one who is looking for this, if more than one comes up please please let me know. Hope you don't mind me asking.

Barry

Cheers

Social source share

Well I'd have to disagree with you there. Blew me out the water when i first heard this (2000/2001?) bought it immediately and have loved it ever since! I seem to remember hearing it played by Paul Phillips on Solar the week of it's release and being mightily impressed with it. In fact imho it's only been a matter of time that it'd become a monster on the retro/60's/70's scene (as opposed to the Soulful Garage/Nu Soul dance scene) cos it has all the same ingredients as Shazz/Michael Proctor/Bobby Pruitt etc). Maybe a bit too soft for Soulful House Heads..........but i'm not one of those...........and me mate who's willing to donate a bollock isn't either :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Agree Steve, a goodly tune...

...but would it get played if it had been released on CD only?

unsure.gif

Hope you're well mate.

:ohmy:

Sean

Social source share

Hiya Sean.............yeah maybe this should be discussed on Mr G's current OVO thread wink.gif

I'm good, hope the Poserman is too?

Cheers

Steve

The Poserman is real good, Buddy!

Would be good to catch up some time!

Must try and pull together the South Yorkshire Posee for t'Orwell one o' these days.

:ohmy:

Sean

Social source share

The Poserman is real good, Buddy!

Would be good to catch up some time!

Must try and pull together the South Yorkshire Posee for t'Orwell one o' these days.

:rolleyes:

Sean

Well, we have that other famous Yorkshireman Arthur Fenn on Sat 25th October for our annual 'Spirit of October Yarmouth's Past' Special :rolleyes:laugh.gif:sleep3:

Be good to see the Pitches and Fonix (sic) posse there :sleep3:

Take care mate

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Well I'd have to disagree with you there. Blew me out the water when i first heard this (2000/2001?) bought it immediately and have loved it ever since! I seem to remember hearing it played by Paul Phillips on Solar the week of it's release and being mightily impressed with it. In fact imho it's only been a matter of time that it'd become a monster on the retro/60's/70's scene (as opposed to the Soulful Garage/Nu Soul dance scene) cos it has all the same ingredients as Shazz/Michael Proctor/Bobby Pruitt etc). Maybe a bit too soft for Soulful House Heads..........but i'm not one of those...........and me mate who's willing to donate a bollock isn't either :thumbup:

Cheers

Steve

steve check out was it something i said....by joi..its her best record by far...we nearly had her over for a track but she wanted too much money...or her manager did tongue.gif ...great voice...

Social source share

Cheers

Steve

I am assuming Tony is meaning there were lots like this around in the 90's, at least of equal quality that you would get a lot cheaper, and if so I would concur!

I am sure your new upstairs tenants at the Orwell could give you a whole sheet of equally good tunes worth looking out for!

And yes we have all heard that old wanting it for a mate one Steve, trying to score a bargain by any chance, Fraser will be proud of you! biggrin.gif

Social source share

I am assuming Tony is meaning there were lots like this around in the 90's, at least of equal quality that you would get a lot cheaper, and if so I would concur!

I am sure your new upstairs tenants at the Orwell could give you a whole sheet of equally good tunes worth looking out for!

And yes we have all heard that old wanting it for a mate one Steve, trying to score a bargain by any chance, Fraser will be proud of you! :D

Hiya Jock

Hope you're well mate?

Think i'm being misunderstood here :yes:

It really is for a mate (in fact it's TWO now!) as I have had the 12" since the week of it's release PLUS many more by JC. The boys upstairs at The Orwell PLUS many other friends of mine keep me well up to speed with the best of Soulful Dance music. Just cos i don't play SD out don't mean i don't buy it wink.gif

Aye me and Fraser are twins separated at birth :thumbsup::lol::lol: he's tried a few things on in the wants section BUT it don't fool anybody.

NOW - WHO'S GOT A JOI CARDWELL 12" OF 'LET IT GO' FOR MY TWO MATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

steve check out was it something i said....by joi..its her best record by far...we nearly had her over for a track but she wanted too much money...or her manager did :lol: ...great voice...

As i said above, I have quite a lot of JC tracks BUT I don't have (or know) 'was it something i said' so i'm off to hunt that one down (for myself :lol: )

Thansk for the tip :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Hi Steve,

I had a spare copy... I will check this out tonight,

cheers

Cristian

A mate of mine wants 'Joi Cardwell - Let it go' on 12" so badly he said he'd donate a testical for it :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Source Advert