Skegg Weekender

coops

Skegg weekender, the Friday night.

Business as normal at this jewel on the east coast, know as the friendly weekender it well lived up to it's image.

Upstairs the floor was very, very busy right from the go only matched by the amply staffed but over worked bar!!

Slight change to music upstairs with an hour of Cleethorpes tunes slipped in and this will be repeated by Jonathan on the Saturday.

Some commented that the Vault seemed to lose a little of it's up-front edge by some of the tune-smiths playing, in respect of the vault, a fairly safe set. That's for others to discuss because I stayed upstairs and enjoyed dancing to some fond memories via the workings of Steve Foster, Mac, Yocky, Mick Moylans, Rob Smith Pete Taylor and Snowy, all to a one kept the crowd going who, in return kept them motivated.

A great Friday night, and, as per normal here at Skegg Saturday speaks of being even more busy inside this jewel of the East Coast.

images on https://ournorthernsouls.org/default.aspx

• Replies 39
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Had a great weekend as we allways do here, mr raistrick you pulled it off again :wicked: lots of happy soulies never spoke to anyone who wasn`t enjoying the weekend, a step back in time for me, met so many people who just made you feel welcome, greetings to all the crowd from australia nice to meet you all, saturday we went to the square peg where the wife was djing, same again great little venue so many friendly people, if you havn`t been to this weekener your missing out, no politics just everyone thier to enjoy themselves wich to me is what it all about :shades: ps roger & rupert just been unpacking and found our plant branch you gave di :D:D:D:D

Once again an excellent weekend in great company, there were many highs for me. Although I didn't spend much time upstairs, when I did pop up there was a full dance floor and smiley faces :wicked: , which is always good.

The standard of music in the vault was excellent on Saturday (wasn't there Friday), and the diversity was well received by the crowd who were both appreciative and respectful of the variety. I note a comment from Coops about the vault not delivering on the Friday, well it certainly did on the Saturday. Quite outstanding music.

After my spot quite a few people asked for track titles etc, so here is my playlist.

GQ - Make my dreams a reality

Bilalian creation - Save the children

Charles Johnson - Never had a love so good

Tribute - Bob Sinclair

UBP - We are one

Michael Proctor - Love don't live

Joi Caldwell - Let it go

Dreamgirls - Family

Philly All Stars - Clean up the ghetto (Chicago mix)

Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - Reaching for the world

JB Bingham - All alone by the telephone

Neo - Smile

Thanks to the dancers for making it a very enjoyable set and to Roger Banks for understanding why I had to end with a house track.

Dont forget Upfront on the Seafront at Skeg 29th November at the Suncastle - Modern and Rare Soul.

Andy Jackson

went over friday nite,as always there was donna and dave welcoming everyone in with big smiles as always.

was surprised it wasnt as heaving as other past wkndr starter nites.. but still packed and so many lovely mates there that who really cares wether theres 10 or a 1000 in the place(well ye obviously daves pocket does)lol.

wish i could have made it saturday too but other plans had been made.

hope all had a great wknd tho.

big respect to dave and donna.. truly a fab couple.xxxxxx( thanx for my birthday drink donna)xx

:lol: Absolutely love the Skeggy Weekender it really does pull on the heart strings and keeps on calling us back for more and more - Great to hear the Cleethorpes sounds in the main room in fact No it was brilliant got the adrenalin pumping right through the body -thoroughly enjoyed the Vault - what a great mixture of music all weekend - Great atmosphere - Great music - Great people - one big happy family - well done Dave and Donna - see you in March xxxxxxxxx :):wave::lol::)
Guest Jonah 1959

Absolutely brilliant ! Good music,good friends,plenty of beer,laughed so much my ribs were hurting,can't wait for March .

Going to catch up on my sleep now!

Jonah

First time for us at Skeggy, but wont be the last, absolutely loved it.

What really struck us was the atmosphere, absolutely electric.

Highlight of the weekend was Sunday afternoon with Martha Reeves & the fat fellas, absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately we didnt have the camera on us, so couldnt take any piccies, but they wiped the floor with the Chippendales :lol::D

A special thank you to the 2 guys who came to our rescue on Friday night when we locked oursleves out :)

Simon, I think you'd had too many drugs yesterday, I didnt see anyone dressed as a smurf on the dancefloor :D

Thanks to the York lot for the company & a special thanks to Jackie Chan for making me laugh all weekend :D .

The piccies are in the gallery.

Kx

Sunday afternoon was a hoot,the fat fellas had me crying,also the bloke who came in with the cap on saluting to everyone in there,dave raistrick reckoned it was snowy in fancy dress :yes:

:D ps roger & rupert just been unpacking and found our plant branch you gave di laugh.gif:D

hi harry and di

hope ya liked your gift from me and roger :( . had a great weekend . for me saturday was the better night for me.

roll on the next one.

:lol: I loved my gift Rupe :yes: Well just wanna say what a SOOPA DOOPA weekend , as always down in sunny skeggy , superb music , fantastic people , just cant praise Dave & Donna enough for all they do two TOP TOP people :yes: so anyone who has never been YOU MUST BE MAD :D get youselves there , thanks to all the gang Dave & Mary , Sharon & Steve , Stevie G, Paul & Katie , Kirsty & Dee and Simon couldnt have been with better company THANKYOU lotsalove Di xxxxxxxx PS ROGER & RUPE YOU WERE BOTH VERY NAUGHTY BOYS :lol: but i wont go into that now :yes: thanks guys you had me laughing me little socks off xxxxx

WELL WHAT CAN I SAY THAT HAS,NT BEEN SAID AND THAT WONT BE ADDED TO DURING THIS THREAD DAVE DONNA IT WAS A CRACKING WEEKEND WELL DONE BEST ONE I HAVE BEEN TO SINCE WE STARTED COMING 6YRS AGO AND ONLY MISSED ONE I THINK IN THAT TIME. THEY HAVE ALL BEEN CRACKING WEEKENDS BUT THIS ONE AS TOP THEM ALL THEY KEEP GETTING BETTER AND BETTER .

THIS TO ME IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT MUSIC AND GREAT COMPANY IT WAS FIRST CLASS WE WERE THERE TO HAVE FUN AND WE DID WE CANT FAULT IT ONE BIT. WE DONT HAVE A BEST NIGHT THEY WERE ALL GOOD BUT I MUST SAY SUNDAY IS AND AS BEEN THE BEST FOR US AND THIS SUNDAY TOP ALL OTHER SUNDAY YOCKIE /NEL AND /BARNEY YOU DID IT AGAIN GOD KNOWS YOU GOT SOME BOTTLE LADS TRUELY AWSOME PERFORMANCE OF THE NOW FAMOUS ARTHER REEVES AND THE FAT FELLA CAN SEE YOU GOING ON THE X FACTOR NEXT LADS

TOP LINE UP OF DJS AS ALWAYS TONY TUNA BOY YOU WERE THE TOPS MATE AT WOLFIES AND ON SATERDAY NIGHT AND IN THE CHIP SHOP :yes: YOUR FACE MATE IT WAS A PICTURE....... YOU HAD TO BE THERE TO SEE IT ......... BY THE WAY IM TALKING ABOUT TONY T BONE (OZ)

EVERY DJ PLAYED TO THE FLOOR COULDNT FAULT ONE OF UM AND CHRIS KING PLAYED A BLINDER ON SATERDAY NIGHT HE ROCKED THE PLACE NICE ONE MATE. BUT AS I HAVE SAID NOT ONE DJ FAILED IN MY EARS LASTESLY THE SOUND CREW AND ALL THEM FROM YORKSHIRE ONCE AGAIN MADE US LAUGH SO MUCH I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO GO TO WORK TUES MY RIBS HURT SO MUCH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU GET TOP MARKS YOU TOOK DEFEAT IN YOUR STRIDE BUT THEN AGAIN YOU MUST BE USED TO IT BY NOW :D LOL WE AT EAST KIRKBY LOVE YOU LOT TO BITS wave.gif OVERHAUL A FANTASTIC WEEKEND CANT WAIT TILL MARCH AND DAVE & DONNA IF I HAD THE MONEY THE PLACE WOULD BE YOURS MARKS OUT OF 100 ARE 110 BRILL :D

Edited by night nurse
Guest belly chest

First time for us at Skeggy, but wont be the last, absolutely loved it.

What really struck us was the atmosphere, absolutely electric.

Highlight of the weekend was Sunday afternoon with Martha Reeves & the fat fellas, absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately we didnt have the camera on us, so couldnt take any piccies, but they wiped the floor with the Chippendales :thumbsup::lol:

A special thank you to the 2 guys who came to our rescue on Friday night when we locked oursleves out thumbsup.gif

Simon, I think you'd had too many drugs yesterday, I didnt see anyone dressed as a smurf on the dancefloor :P

Thanks to the York lot for the company & a special thanks to Jackie Chan for making me laugh all weekend :lol: .

The piccies are in the gallery.

Kx

Hi Kirsty hope this helps resole the missing smurf thing

post-9566-1222727279_thumb.jpg

post-9566-1222727502_thumb.jpg

:lol: hi dave and donna ,,,and all who attended skegg ,,,

what a fantastic weekend ,,,,top people top sounds ,,, even dance to a few down stairs ,,,paul donnely your mate tony della in my oppinion played proberly the best spot up stairs,,, :thumbsup: ,,, even going to have a word with me mate cressy to book him some time after april next year ,,,suit our main room a treat ,,,

friday night i was a bit down and went early bit tied i fink ,,,,saturday ,, i had picked up a lot ,,great day great company great evening ,,,got to thank ray ,,elaine,,dave,,hydee for addopting me for the weekend ,,meals etc ,,thanks guys ,,,and when in the event got to thank you all because you was all friendly ,,and great people to be with ,,, thumbup.gif ..

untill next time ,,,,see you all around ,,,

pete ( bentinck soul club )xx

the vault at skegg.dave you have created a haven for forward thinking dj`s and dancers. this weekend was for me one of those times when i dance to something and then ask what the,.,. was that. its in the grooves that count.the vault stands along sites like southport,fleetwood, cleethorps upstairs. how do i know? cos i`ve been there. at skegg some commented that upstairs seemed to loose a little of its oldies edge by some of the tune smiths playing newies. thats for others to discuss because i stayed down stairs and heard and danced to some brilliant new and different stuff.when i say new it was new to me when i say different it wasnt obviously northern.

Guest GazArcher

NEVER HEARD A BAD TUNE

NEVER STOPPED LAUGHING

NEVER DANCED SO MUCH

NEVER STOPPED DRINKING (OOOOOH MY HEAD) :thumbsup:

NEVER EVER GONNA MISS THE BEST WEEKENDER ON THE PLANET

DAVE & DONNA, WELL DONE AND I'LL SEE YOU IN MARCH

BY THE WAY IF YOU RECIEVE A LETTER FROM MY SOLICITOR ITS BECUASE I'M SUEING YOU FOR DAMAGES........THE STATE OF MY LIVER!

ONLY JOKING, YOU'VE GIVEN US SKEGGY REGULARS SOME FAB TIMES AND GREAT MEMORIES, WE'VE MET SOME GREAT PEOPLE WHO ARE NOW LIKE FAMILY, AND I'M SURE THERE ARE SOME GREAT MOMENTS TO COME.............JUST LOVE IT thumbup.gif

PS, DID YOU SEE MY SWALLOW DIVE FROM ONE TABLE TOP TO THE OTHER?

Edited by GazArcher

NEVER HEARD A BAD TUNE

NEVER STOPPED LAUGHING

NEVER DANCED SO MUCH

NEVER STOPPED DRINKING (OOOOOH MY HEAD) :thumbsup:

BY THE WAY IF YOU RECIEVE A LETTER FROM MY SOLICITOR ITS BECUASE I'M SUEING YOU FOR DAMAGES........THE STATE OF MY LIVER!

ONLY JOKING, YOU'VE GIVEN US SKEGGY REGULARS SOME FAB TIMES AND GREAT MEMORIES, WE'VE MET SOME GREAT PEOPLE WHO ARE NOW LIKE FAMILY, AND I'M SURE THERE ARE SOME GREAT MOMENTS TO COME.............JUST LOVE IT thumbup.gif

Eyup sheeplover, that were'nt a swallow dive that i saw. It looked like some fool in a white shirt playing silly buggers and thinking he was still 17 lolol. Loved every minute mate, hope the colds a bit better, if not just get to bed with a nice hot toddy and a very HOT SHEEP. Flying back to OZ today, stay soulful. Tony tuna boy and Sue K.T.F. Oh and cheers for sabotaging my set at Wolfies, i've now got 6 months to work out my plan to GET YOU BACK. See yas at the Palais reunion in April XXXXXXXX

NEVER HEARD A BAD TUNE

NEVER STOPPED LAUGHING

NEVER DANCED SO MUCH

NEVER STOPPED DRINKING (OOOOOH MY HEAD) :(

ONLY JOKING, YOU'VE GIVEN US SKEGGY REGULARS SOME FAB TIMES AND GREAT MEMORIES, WE'VE MET SOME GREAT PEOPLE WHO ARE NOW LIKE FAMILY, AND I'M SURE THERE ARE SOME GREAT MOMENTS TO COME.............JUST LOVE IT :D

To Gaz and ALL of the "Skeggy Weekender Crowd" DJs, Dancers, etc..etc...We would just like to say a very LOUD!

"Thank You" for being the BIGGEST part of it.........Super times.....Super Memories....With more to follow !!!

Dave & Donna X

Eyup sheeplover, that were'nt a swallow dive that i saw. It looked like some fool in a white shirt playing silly buggers and thinking he was still 17 lolol. Loved every minute mate, hope the colds a bit better, if not just get to bed with a nice hot toddy and a very HOT SHEEP. Flying back to OZ today, stay soulful. Tony tuna boy and Sue K.T.F. Oh and cheers for sabotaging my set at Wolfies, i've now got 6 months to work out my plan to GET YOU BACK. See yas at the Palais reunion in April XXXXXXXX

hi tuna boy hope u got home safe looking forward to seeing you in april

Guest GazArcher

HOPE YOU BOTH ARRIVED BACK HOME IN OZ OK, AND THANKS FOR A GREAT WEEKEND REALLY ENJOYED YOUR COMPANY. AS FOR SABOTAGE OF YOUR SET I THINK YOCKY HAD THE BEST AFFECT ON YOU, REALLY SHOWED YOU ARE IN TOUCH WITH FEMINE SIDE. WELL AT LEAST YOU ACTED LIKE A BIG GIRL!

ALL THE BEST TO YOU & SUE, WILL SEE YOU AT THE PALAIS ALLDAYER, BUT WILL SPEAK BEFORE THEN.

KEEP IN TOUCH AND KEEP THE FAITH

LOVE TO YOU BOTH

GAZA

Guest GazArcher

To Gaz and ALL of the "Skeggy Weekender Crowd" DJs, Dancers, etc..etc...We would just like to say a very LOUD!

"Thank You" for being the BIGGEST part of it.........Super times.....Super Memories....With more to follow !!!

Dave & Donna X

NO NEED TO THANK US DAVE, JUST US TO THANK YOU FOR GIVING US A GREAT WEEKENDER NOT JUST ONCE, BUT TWICE A YEAR.

WOULD NEVER MISS THIS ONE IT ALWAYS HAS FOND MEMORIES FOR US AND GUARANTEES TO GIVE US MORE..........ROLL ON MARCH :g:

SEES YER SOON

GAZA

got some stills if you want em tony p.m. me your e-mail

hey up Ian owd luv a fort thar wo mi mate,dunt bi sendin them pics all ovver world.

HAD A CRACKIN WEEKEND LOVED EVRY MINUTE, FANTASTIC FOLK .GREAT MUSIC AND LOTS OF LAUGHS. WERE DROPPED ON WITH THE FAT FELLAS ,THANKS YOCKI N NEL LOVE YOU BOTH. :lol:

Guest belly chest

hey up Ian owd luv a fort thar wo mi mate,dunt bi sendin them pics all ovver world.

HAD A CRACKIN WEEKEND LOVED EVRY MINUTE, FANTASTIC FOLK .GREAT MUSIC AND LOTS OF LAUGHS. WERE DROPPED ON WITH THE FAT FELLAS ,THANKS YOCKI N NEL LOVE YOU BOTH.

Whats it like to be an international performing artist barney them notts heathens got no chance of following that, fooking brilliant mate, :thumbsup:

Heard that soul doctor fella tried to do a back drop off one of the tables and dave ray got a big bill for replacing the ceiling some one said it were supposed to be a swollow dive but ended up more like a dead coot

sent em tony let me know if you get em

Load and clear mate thanks. Nearly fell off me chair when i opened the first piccie. A finer, fitter bunch of blokes we won't see anywhere else eh. lolol. Do you reckon the mankins double up as fat ladies thongs at weekends when these 3 ain't using em??

Hope they give em a good wash cos they've reached parts the sun don't see. Thanks again, see you next year, stay soulful.

Tony E. OZ...K.T.F.

Guest belly chest

Load and clear mate thanks. Nearly fell off me chair when i opened the first piccie. A finer, fitter bunch of blokes we won't see anywhere else eh. lolol. Do you reckon the mankins double up as fat ladies thongs at weekends when these 3 ain't using em??

Hope they give em a good wash cos they've reached parts the sun don't see. Thanks again, see you next year, stay soulful.

Tony E. OZ...K.T.F.

nice one t

see you soon mate

stay safe

Guest belly chest

see you got the box brownie working fat boy lol did you nick it from yockie ha ha ha belly chest by the way notice we got the cup mate

Yeah nursey mine works unlike the one you tried to use at the empress and skeggi

the cup you stole

suppose you won at skeggi as well and Arfa Reeves and the Fat Fellas are really from that god forsaken place called notts

give your head a shake and get a life

for those who werent there from the left ELNEL BARNEY and YOCKY top bananas :thumbsup:

They had me crying :P WTF has that lady in her hand :) she gunna give poor Yocki a good seeing to with it ph34r.gif

Guest belly chest

They had me crying biggrin.gif WTF has that lady in her hand :) she gunna give poor Yocki a good seeing to with it :thumbsup:

it was a birthday pressie on the day from them heathens in notts

Guest soulfullbabe

Hi Dave and Donna. Its took me a week to get back to normal. Absolutely fantastic love the skeg weekenders and such great people in attendance pure magic. ELNEL YOKIE BELLYCHEST and all their crowd such great people, it was good to see young Alex and Rosie again. My song of the weekend RUBY ANDREWS.. JUST LOVING YOU, Had me in floods of tears such an intense euphoria of pure electric goosebumps FANTASTIC. The other Gaz Archer doing the BELLYFLOP oh and the pole dancers fantastic. Dave and Donna you two have the magic touch and you have our respect you both work hard bringing us soulies fantastic DJS and fantastic weekenders :):thumbsup: so THANKYOU BOTH VERY MUCH. Diane and Ian.

Source Advert