Motown Remixed

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just noticed this CD coming out soon, anybody know if these remix's are any good ?

link

theres a couple of samples on kev roberts goldsoul site,can in say that? :)

lets get it on is great,just my imagination is o.k but best left alone,am interested to hear tom moultons 'stoned love' though, has anyone heard that?

somebody did post the lets get it on sample here the other day but i cant find it :ohmy:

Social source share

Why should they remix they have sounded ok for the last 35 plus years.Is someone trying to make yet more money out of the northern soul scene?.

Social source share

i dont think this is aimed at the northern soul scene,i think the marvin gaye track,if it was a single wouldnt be an impossibility to chart,and if in turn that got younger people buying that,then delving back into old motown it wouldnt be a bad thing.

Social source share

Guest dodger

Why should they remix they have sounded ok for the last 35 plus years.Is someone trying to make yet more money out of the northern soul scene?.

link

Hands down a winner of April 2005's 'Soul Source Blinkeredest Posting Award'.

https://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4212

Check that link for the real world reason for the project. I think introducing these songs in a more contemporary way to the massive and multi-million dollar US hip hop audience might just be beneficial to all parties (or their estates) concerned in the original songs. I might be guessing but I have the tiniest of sneaking suspicions that making money out the northern soul scene probably wasn't foremost in the mind of the person who came up with this concept. :ohmy:

Social source share

Just noticed this CD coming out soon, anybody know if these remix's are any good ?

link

I've got a promo and really enjoyed it " Neither one of us " -Gladys Knight is awesome , and all of the tracks have been shown the respect they deserve , " My world is empty " -Diana Ross is a revelation , transformed from" on the 4's Northern " to a quality stepper - great !! Best Wishes ,Eddie .

Social source share

I've got a promo and really enjoyed it  " Neither one of us " -Gladys Knight is awesome , and all of the tracks have been shown the respect they deserve , " My world is empty " -Diana Ross is a revelation , transformed from" on the 4's Northern " to a quality stepper - great !! Best Wishes ,Eddie .

link

I played a couple of tracks on reflections yesterday. Tom Moulton who started remixing stuff in the seventies has stretched out Stoned Love and Z Trip has given a laid back feel to I Want you back. it is a contemporary album as someone pointed out on soulfuldetroit there was a Motown remix album in 1994 tragetted on teh european dance market.

Several of the tracks are aimed at the steppers market , none of them could be classed in any shape or form as northern soul. Even their original mixes were not northern soul.

For soem reason or other there is a US and an International version of this CD.

Social source share

OK DODGER IF ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH NORTHERN SOUL.WHY ARE SO CALLED NORTHERN DJS PROMOTING IT.OBVIOUSLY DODGER YOU NO MORE THAN ME OR DO YOU?.

Social source share

Guest dodger

OK DODGER IF ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH NORTHERN SOUL.WHY ARE SO CALLED NORTHERN DJS PROMOTING IT.OBVIOUSLY DODGER YOU NO MORE THAN ME OR DO YOU?.

link

I'm sorry but I haven't the first idea what you are on about.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert