• Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

A few 4th room details

"clip"

THE R&B/ BOOGALOO ROOM WILL BE HOST TO SOME OF THE UK's TOP R&B/MOD DJ's MICK PARRY FROM THE POW POW SHEFFIELD, LEEDS KING SPINNERS EDDIE WAINWRIGHT & GAV NEEDHAM AND SCOTLAND'S ROVING RHYTHM & SOUL AMBASSADOR RODDY BRASS + THE EMERALD ISLE'S HARPO! with a few others to be announced modern room details to follow

"clip"

Rob

Modern /Crossover Soul Sessions @ The Ocean Suite

@ Bridlington Weekender

Once again we shall be pampering our weekender guest with a liberal shower of all things 1970s and onwards to the present day.

We have several "New" guests joining us for the 2009 side of all things Modern and Crossover. We had rave revues for the 2008 Modern room at the Ocean Suite, which is conveniently situated just 10 metres from the fantastic main dance hall.

The sessions kick off on Friday evening at 8.30 pm and will run right through until 2.00 am. Guest spinners currently lined up to tickle the Modern taste buds John "travelling man" Kane, Martin Dixon, Steve J, Kim Maddocks, Errol Green & guests.

Saturday Afternoon follows last years format of all things classic and crossover with Gaz Welsh, Kev Thomas, Graham Slater & Kev Laws handling the decks. 1.00 pm to 5.00 pm

The Big Saturday evening Starts at 8.00pm to 2.00 am (or later) with Graham Slater,Martin & Errol, John Corless, Andy Jackson, Tats Taylor, Rob Kay and John Kane

The Sunday Modern Soul session runs 2.00 pm through until 7.00 pm

With guest Djs playing along side Andy Jackson , Steve J, Graham Slater & Kim Maddocks John Corless.

All above times are approximate and DJs may be changed around nearer to the event depending on personal circumstances (who's waiting to be a Granddad ?)whatever the session its great music ALL the way through the weekend. :thumbsup:

ECSCSC

and Graham will be keeping the Djs and dance floor in order as well !

post-1887-1234805958_thumb.jpg

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

Due to overwhelming ticket sales (1,400 plus at the last count !!) we can now give a few more details of the new 4th room opening at Yorkshires own Weekender.

For those who were totally awe struck at the superb facilities at the 2008 Weekender at The Spa you probably didn't even notice the balcony was open !

A few brave souls ventured up the stairs to take pictures "Looking down" on to the dance floor (myself included) but that was all. The "4th" Room is going to be something new to do laugh.gif and is going to be called The Hipster Lounge.

It will feature 1960s original music with a mix of RnB, Boogaloo and Club Soul, together with big tunes (all soul) from Brigton Beach, The Pow Wow Club and other Mod venues.

With its own bar and a 400 capacity venue situated on the balcony it will add something really different musically to the weekends event, this of course will be accessible to everyone who is attending and is included in the bargain ticket price of just £20 for the WHOLE WEEKEND.

We are in the process of getting some playlists together for the room and DJs Top 10s so an idea of the quality music that will be played can be seen.

Watch out for ticket sellers shouting up on here, but be quick as we shall once again be "capping" the numbers attending as we don't want the venue to be "packed", we aim to make it busy, with a great atmosphere and very comfortable with plenty of space for everyone to enjoy themselves.

If you are coming NOW is the time to start getting your tickets sorted before its too late, no need to hype this venue up, just listen to the great feedback and word of mouth "Buzzing" around the Scene at the moment. fantastic ticket sales from every corner of the country as well and good to see a strong North west presence this time as well !

More to follow

ECSCSC

Guest Mezhouse

Due to overwhelming ticket sales (1,400 plus at the last count !!) we can now give a few more details of the new 4th room opening at Yorkshires own Weekender.

For those who were totally awe struck at the superb facilities at the 2008 Weekender at The Spa you probably didn't even notice the balcony was open !

A few brave souls ventured up the stairs to take pictures "Looking down" on to the dance floor (myself included) but that was all. The "4th" Room is going to be something new to do :shades: and is going to be called The Hipster Lounge.

It will feature 1960s original music with a mix of RnB, Boogaloo and Club Soul, together with big tunes (all soul) from Brigton Beach, The Pow Wow Club and other Mod venues.

With its own bar and a 400 capacity venue situated on the balcony it will add something really different musically to the weekends event, this of course will be accessible to everyone who is attending and is included in the bargain ticket price of just £20 for the WHOLE WEEKEND.

We are in the process of getting some playlists together for the room and DJs Top 10s so an idea of the quality music that will be played can be seen.

Watch out for ticket sellers shouting up on here, but be quick as we shall once again be "capping" the numbers attending as we don't want the venue to be "packed", we aim to make it busy, with a great atmosphere and very comfortable with plenty of space for everyone to enjoy themselves.

If you are coming NOW is the time to start getting your tickets sorted before its too late, no need to hype this venue up, just listen to the great feedback and word of mouth "Buzzing" around the Scene at the moment. fantastic ticket sales from every corner of the country as well and good to see a strong North west presence this time as well !

More to follow

ECSCSC

The 4th room sounds brillliant! I can't wait for the end of June!

Jo xx

A few brave souls ventured up the stairs to take pictures "Looking down" on to the dance floor (myself included) but that was all. The "4th" Room is going to be something new to do :shades: and is going to be called The Hipster Lounge.

More to follow

ECSCSC

Tickets will be on sale at the Metrodome on Saturday 21st February 2009. Rob you are right about the tickets they are flying out ( Think all tarn is credit crunching their way to Brid!)

KTF

Yocky and Jx

Just a quick one to put all "The Brid faithful" on standby, we shall once again be raising money for Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice as our main Charity at the event.

Last years Sunday session were given over to the Charity fund raiser, with "Loud Shirts" being the order of the day. We have our thinking caps firmly in place for 2009 and we will announce a "theme" well before the event.

We don't need to tell anyone about the credit crunch on here as everyone suffers its effects and this also includes charities, so lets try and beat last years wonderful sum of ONE THOUSAND POUNDS which you raised at The Spa.

We have also been donating Bridlington tickets all year to fundraising events all year to help with Charities both in Yorkshire and throughout the country as a whole and we've been told these have become THE prize to win !

So lets make it a good 'un.

Bridlington Tickets are available via the info below, Web-site, Booking line at the Spa for Credit Cards (WE pay YOUR booking fee's NOT YOU) and via our various ticket sellers throughout the UK. PM us if you need to buy tickets as well.

More to follow.....

ECSCSC.

More later

post-1887-1234892514_thumb.jpg

really enjoyed our visit last year, in a venue to die for, and with the addition of the fourth room, think it's covers all the bases.

a must attend event me thinks. :thumbsup:

Happy new year mick/ Mo, do you need more flyers yet ?!!!!!! :ohmy:

Will be loking forward to your spots again this year, you were "Pathfinders" for last years rare & underplayed room which is already being talked about with legendary whispers !!

see you real soon we hope

Rob & Karen

Had a message off pete from Bentinck, it's their Charity event this Friday, there are a pair of tickets up for grabs in the raffle, but if you are not lucky enough to win them pete has some tickets for sale as well. Good luck with the night guys

Rob :lol:

powwow09.jpg

an e-mail from Mik Parry and The Pow Wow Club is on saturday in Sheffield follow link below

https://www.modculture.co.uk/forum2/index.php?topic=9913.0

He's also sent me a "Top Ten" to whet your appertites for "The Hipster Lounge"-4th room at Brid.

Here's a sample of what to expect

Johnny West - Tears baby (Soul)Johnathan Capri - gonna build a mountain (oxbow)Melvin Davis - it's no news (keke)--BRILLIANT !Danny Cobb - my isabella (jubilee)Lee stone - i'm gonna put you down (shaw)Lee brackett - ruby (excello)Ray Medina - head's head (mares)Johnny Barnes - nothing without your love (jaba)Bobby Marchan - funny style (dial)Little Nicky soul - i wanted to tell you (shee)

More to follow

ECSCSC.

Oceania Bar-Rare & Underplayed soul-Room 3

Once again operating over 4 fantastic sessions during the weekend, looking to hear something different? then this will be the room for you !

A smash hit last time, we thought it would be more of a Chill-out area, but the place was rocking all weekend.

We've upped the stakes this time with more DJs billed to appear as well as Parker and Hatfield who somewhat stole the show last time!

Amongst the line up this time are John Alden, Carl Fortnum, Tats, Mark Etheridge, Toby, Mick & Mo, and a raft of collectors /guest spinners still to be confirmed.

What was evident last time is the huge demand for quality SOUL music that probably would NEVER get played at a main room gig nowadays (unless it was in Europe 1)

All in all for many the place and the room to be in all weekend, bring a note book as the sounds keep flowing thick and fast !

ECSCSC

More news on the Bridlington Weekender from us

We have enlisted the services of Carl "you need hands" Fortnum to add to the Dj rota in the main hall. A verteran of the scene of the lost years in the 1980s where he was snapping up priceless rarities for a fraction of todays values and locking them up to unleash on todays scene.

Carl is one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet and his playlist speaks volumes of the quality of the sounds in his collection and his great taste in music.

We had hoped that Mick H would be joining us for the Friday nights session in both the main and rare rooms however due to some nuptials in the Antipodes, he will be taking a well-earned vacation.We hope to announce a replacement of equal quality very soon. He will be with back us in 2010, all being well !

Our afternoon sessions will include some intresting sets from local clubs as well, with a reflection on whats happening at grass roots level on the Yorkshire scene.

We hope to be rolling out our new web-site and a direct access for Bridlington Weekender news and also for futre "Stand alone" gigs under the East Coast Soul Collective Soul Club banner, watch this space.

More later

ECSCSC.

PLEASE NOTE A QUICK POLL OF OUR TICKETS SELLERS THIS WEEKEND SHOWS MOST HAVE NEARLY SOLD OUT OF TICKETS. IF YOU HAVE RESERVED OR HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR TICKETS TO BE SAVE PLEASE GET THEM BOUGHT NOW. AS LAST YEAR WHEN WE REACHED SELL OUT POINT WE SHALL BE RECALLING TICKETS FROM SELLERS TO MEET DEMAND. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

Hi Karen & Rob,

Really looking forward to this one, FANTASTIC VENUE & TOP DJ LINE UP, see you all there. wave.gif

Kev & Gloria Bourne

Hi K & G

Good stuff, keep checking for updated posts, plenty happening during the weekend a little bit of "Something new to do for everyone to do", We might even get nit-nurse and the Annesley crew doing the Soul fist on the beach again-I will check tide times for June :rolleyes:

see you there

rob & Karen

Further to my last posting on new additions.

wea re also please to welcome our first "international" DJ to the weekender, well if you can call Stoke-on-trent via Dublin International that is. The versitle Harpo will be along to spin some tunes from The Emerald isle, representing The Dublin gang.

Harpo also has tickets for sale and due to the strength of the Euro against our Pound boxing.gif £

there are a steal if you buy them in Ireland. Bring some cash for records all you Irish boys, we need your Euros !

We must not forget that our own Dukesy will be again playing all things soulful in the main room over the weekend-he's got just about the shortest journey of any of our Djs as well ! Are you 50 yet mate or just stopping at 49 ? Once again for tickets at events on the Yorkshire coast and into the North east see the big fella (or the lovely julie).

More to follow

ECSCSC

Guest the dukester

Further to my last posting on new additions.

wea re also please to welcome our first "international" DJ to the weekender, well if you can call Stoke-on-trent via Dublin International that is. The versitle Harpo will be along to spin some tunes from The Emerald isle, representing The Dublin gang.

Harpo also has tickets for sale and due to the strength of the Euro against our Pound boxing.gif £

there are a steal if you buy them in Ireland. Bring some cash for records all you Irish boys, we need your Euros !

We must not forget that our own Dukesy will be again playing all things soulful in the main room over the weekend-he's got just about the shortest journey of any of our Djs as well ! Are you 50 yet mate or just stopping at 49 ? Once again for tickets at events on the Yorkshire coast and into the North east see the big fella (or the lovely julie).

More to follow

ECSCSC

:no::D:) ......50 indeed......... :D ....Its not until June 17th mate.... :D

Yes Julie has the tickets for the fantastic Something New To Do Brid Soul Weekender. Sometimes the shortest journey's are the hardest to make, but everyone who makes the journey to Bridlington for this will have a great time, last year was fantastic and it can only get better with the addition of new rooms/dj's, join the ECSCSC.......Get Up and Get Down !!

As Rob says the tickets are flying out the door so dont miss out.

"Duksey, my brother you are older than me"- :D -but only by 8days :P That paper round must have been a BIG UN.

I'm having an "official" birthday in sept/oct (PARTY, PARTY) your obviously invited :D , but I'll get you a pint in at Brid.

I'm expecting to get our next batch of tickets by this weekend, I will be up in Ottley at the weekend if anyone from the Leeds/Bradford/ York area needs tickets, I shall be with Dave Hughes at Corks on saturday. Order through Dave as well, he's currently SOLD all his tickets but I will be letting him have a few more on Saturday.

Dave will also be a DJ at the Tommy Hunt event in Middlesborough, Good Friday and will have tickets for sale there. Dave isn't a member on here but You can reserve tickets via myself and I'll make sure he will have enough on him ! thumbsup.gif

More later

ECSC

Well, it's nearly a month, and so far Mik Parrys DJing...

The lads a dynamo, but I doubt he can do it all alone without the aid of a Catheter

So who else is booked for the Boogaloo / R&B room?

Waiting on a top 10 from Eddie Wainright and gav who are doing a "Brighton Beach" thing up there as well, along with another club to set the theme.

Pats sorting the bookings out for the actual 4th room and its links and info I'm waiting for from Pat himself, Ive been in touch with Mik, hence the stuff on the Pow Wow,

Fancy adding a bit yourself joe ? thys a Yorkshire lad

Will post up fully when i get the info on the room

Rob

ECSCSC

More updates on over all ticket sales over the weekend now approaching the 1600 mark (One Thousand -six hundered ) and we are starting to get calls from people worried about getting in.

We expect this event to SELL OUT.

We have also heard of a lot of people who have booked their hotels & guesthouses and not yet got tickets :lol:

Our advice is to GET THEM NOW, (yes Dave and the Donny lot there's 12 of you !) Tickets will be capped to keep the place comfortable during the weekend, so there are less than 500 tickets available and we've still got 4 months to go to the event of the SUMMER thumbsup.gif

Watch out for our new web-site coming soon as well!

ECSCSC

just look at the new site rob comin on well and may i say one of the first to register on it

I'm writting stuff at the moment for it ! :ohmy:

It will be a lot easier to use for Buying tickets, viewing photos etc

Rob (Wicks) has been putting loads of time into it and teaching me as well :lol:

post-1887-1236018828_thumb.jpg

Any of our DJs reading this we are starting to gather up DJ profiles for the event and new website.

We are also soon to be compiling our Weekender programme for 2009. Anyone wishing to advertise PLEASE PM US as space will be available at very reasonable rates, in Full colour as well.

sizes start at 1/8 page to Full page(S) for Events/ Sales/ Lists/ Radio Shows etc. All money towards this mag helps us raise more for the Bluebell Wood Hospice as well

We'll be at Modernism this Friday with tickets for sale as well

Rob & Karen

Any of our DJs reading this we are starting to gather up DJ profiles for the event and new website.

We are also soon to be compiling our Weekender programme for 2009. Anyone wishing to advertise PLEASE PM US as space will be available at very reasonable rates, in Full colour as well.

sizes start at 1/8 page to Full page(S) for Events/ Sales/ Lists/ Radio Shows etc. All money towards this mag helps us raise more for the Bluebell Wood Hospice as well

We'll be at Modernism this Friday with tickets for sale as well

Rob & Karen

Dropped you a pm Roberto...........

Edited by John Al

Dropped you a pm Roberto...........

Thanks John you are in Pole position--

Up date on tickets, we'll be in Kimberworth at Moderism tomorrow night with tickets for sale.

Still waiting on Pat for line up on Room 4, Joe, but along side Mik Parry , there is Eddie wainright, Gav Needham and roddy from Scotland. They are each bringing 2or 3 DJs with them to represent the nights they are involved in at varrious Clubs. I might even call on Doug Hall to help us out--are you there Doug ??

Rob Wicks will be with Night Nurse at East Kirkby tomorrow evening as well.

remember we are working on the website with updates being aded all the time at

www.bridsoul.com

More later

ECSCSC

a quick snippett of news for the weekender.

saw Terry Gee at Modernism on Friday night and he's agreed to do a set in the Modern/crossover room at the weekend, now living in Darlington, its nice to have someone representing the North east (even though he's really a Yorkshireman) :thumbup:

A great addition to our line up :unsure:

myself and Karen sold 14 tickets to the Modern crowd there as well, this room is going to be banging :thumbup:

more later

www.bridsoul.com

Rob & Karen

ECSC

www.bridsoul.com

Guest soul4life

a quick snippett of news for the weekender.

saw Terry Gee at Modernism on Friday night and he's agreed to do a set in the Modern/crossover room at the weekend, now living in Darlington, its nice to have someone representing the North east (even though he's really a Yorkshireman) :lol:

A great addition to our line up thumbsup.gif

myself and Karen sold 14 tickets to the Modern crowd there as well, this room is going to be banging :yes:

more later

www.bridsoul.com

Rob & Karen

ECSC

was great to catch up! wonderful memories! eh karen..many thanks for inviting me to spin a few choonz! hoping i will compliment the already great d.j line-up! will post up some of my current fav tracks! later..you know wot they say yorkshire men do it better!!!!! LOL :lol:

HAVE A GREAT WEEK GUYS.....

regards terry gee

www.bridsoul.com

Just a quick word about record/trade stalls.

Anyone who had a stall last year at Bridlington and has NOT confirmed that you will be wanting the same stand as last year PLEASE GET IN TOUCH as space is limited.

There is some room for a couple of record dealers, let us know if intrested and we'll give you the details, price etc. However FIRST COME FIRST SERVED !

We have no problem with people with small sales boxes 50/100 walking around as this always adds to the event, but under the terms of hire/insurance etc we have to police the way the stalls are set up.

We don't want people turning up with boxes of stuff and dragging tables in front of fire exits etc.

There are a couple of stall available in the area of room 4 (Hipster lounge) for anyone selling this sort of product/records, but PLEASE let us know.

As before 1,600 tickets now SOLD. If you have tickets reserved with our agents/seller PLEASE PICK THEM UP. Like last year we are expecting to have to call in unsold tickets to sell to people who want them !

More later

ECSCSC

Just to make it clear We Will not "Oversell" this event, we want to keep th place comfortable all weekend. We have now added the 4th room to make extra room over and above last year, which we "capped" at 1,500- we are already way past that figure in ticket sales already. the addition of the 4th room also gives us the balcony area to use .So we think there are in the region of Just 450 tickets left, in the hands of our sellers and the main box office in Bridlington.

Myself and karen have sold 22 in the last 3 days !!

If you are coming get your tickets bought and paid for, the Bridlington Express is on the move and rolling !

Rob & karen

for

ECSCSC

post-1887-1236629388_thumb.jpg

EARLY WARNING-PLEASE READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PICKED UP RESERVED TICKETS YET!

A quick note on the avaiulability of tickets.

just to remind EVERYONE who have tickets reserved with our sellers through out the country.

it will be soon looking like a "SELL OUT", if you have tickets being "held" for you at a regular event (Monthly etc) and you keep saying "I'll pick them up NEXT time", well that time is running out. ohmy.gif +

Please make an effort to pick up reserved tickets within the next 2-3 weeks otherwise we can not hold tickets when there will be people wanting to buy them !!

As with last year when we take our final batch from the box office, then we shall be calling in all unsold tickets from our sellers (resrved or not). We are once again CAPPING the numbers attending!

ECSCSC

Fancy adding a bit yourself joe ? thys a Yorkshire lad

No thanks Rob,

Although I may be attending on one of the evenings as Roddys guest - that's if he remembers insisting that I come at the Wilton laugh.gif

Maybe a future one though - just a bit busy with work at the mo so don't want to take on anything else - as you well know its all go on the Railways - too much custard for my bowl as the saying goes

Guest BintofSoul

BintofSoul sisters are really looking forward to coming 'home' for an excellent weekend of soul. We are hoping to meet some of our lovely soulful friends from the north & south thumbup.gif . How fabulous!

Nicki XXXX

No thanks Rob,

Although I may be attending on one of the evenings as Roddys guest - that's if he remembers insisting that I come at the Wilton :lol:

Maybe a future one though - just a bit busy with work at the mo so don't want to take on anything else - as you well know its all go on the Railways - too much custard for my bowl as the saying goes

I hope to have some playlists for room 4 by the morning Joe :lol:

Source Advert