Yorkshire's Own Bridlington Weekender June 26th To 28th 2009

not long now 7 sleeps then lot of soulin and beer drinking bring it on the giddy bus is reving from york

Hey Up Kenny,

Think we might go Thursday Night now when Linda finishes work.......... Could get there for about 8pm..ish. (If not, we will be there early Friday Morning)

When and what time you arriving.

KTF................... Bridgey & Linda

• Replies 394
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest yorks old boys

Hey Up Kenny,

Think we might go Thursday Night now when Linda finishes work.......... Could get there for about 8pm..ish. (If not, we will be there early Friday Morning)

When and what time you arriving.

KTF................... Bridgey & Linda

we will be in pub across road from spa about 12.00

Guest LEICSSOULIES

Hi Karen & Rob

We are so looking forward to the weekender, been to them all and they just get better, were heading up on Thursday

so we'll be in the Southcliff, enjoying an early start to the weekend..

Is the fancy dress still on for the Sunday????

Regards

Ali x

Guest the dukester

NOT LONG TO GO NOW........thumbup.gif

IF YOUR STILL IN NEED OF TICKETS FOR THE EAST COAST SOUL EVENT OF THE YEAR, JULIE, MY MISSUS, HAS A FEW LEFT.

LET ME KNOW

CHEERS

DUKESY

Hi Karen & Rob

We are so looking forward to the weekender, been to them all and they just get better, were heading up on Thursday

so we'll be in the Southcliff, enjoying an early start to the weekend..

Is the fancy dress still on for the Sunday????

Regards

Ali x

Hi you lot

yes Sunday is Doctors and Nurses day

saturday afternoon "Bring a box" record fair---£5 box tax for Bluebell wood

I will list the evnts Sunday this week to pre warn you all !

rob & Karen

Mags & Ady (soulful.ady) on soul source looking for some digs for Fri, Sat & Sun nights anybody got any ideas?

Kev

Hi Kev,

Try; The Apple Tree Lodge, 54 Marshall Aveenue. (5 mins walk).. Tel: 01262 674540

Good Luck,

KTF........................ Bridgey

Guest trevorboot

looking forward to bridlington first time for us loads of our friends going meetiing up my mate rog and jane many thanks to richard and julie drax soul club roll on next weekend ktf tricky trev

Mags & Ady (soulful.ady) on soul source looking for some digs for Fri, Sat & Sun nights anybody got any ideas?

Kev

We have possible spare bedroom in apartment if they (or anyone else)is interested. Fri, Sat & Sun nights for share of costs.

Drop me a pm for details.

John.

Edited by John Al
Guest belly chest

i have 2 spare tickets if any one needs

them going to be there thursday pm me

Edited by belly chest

Guest elnel

Eyup ian me owd china were ave ya bin m8 I was on the verge of asking cilla black to help me find thi .glad tha gooin to brid pall ave propper missed thi .all bi thyere friday ime confident of finding mi way first time this year .cant wait bring on the brid .El Nel Thi owd Mucker XX

Eyup ian me owd china were ave ya bin m8 I was on the verge of asking cilla black to help me find thi .glad tha gooin to brid pall ave propper missed thi .all bi thyere friday ime confident of finding mi way first time this year .cant wait bring on the brid .El Nel Thi owd Mucker XX

Hey Up Nel,

It will be great to see you and the gaffer again. Not seen ya since Crofton. Yocky told us all about the boat trip............ sounds like we missed a briiliant day out.

Looking forward to you telling us "Captain Birds Eye's" story over a few beers pal.

See ya Friday afternoon...... Have a safe journey up.

KTF.............. Bridgey & Linda

Hi Rob & Karen,

Just a line to wish you all the best for next weekend.

I know the ammount of work you have put in to organise things and I'm sure everyone will have a great time.

Regards

ROD

PS

Calling our around the world2-The B-I-G Summer Soul Party with a hint of Philadelphia takes place

at The Matthews Suite,Blackpool Football Club on Saturday 25th July 2009.

Music policy-DJ lead-so Classic Soul,Norhern,Motown and Philly.

DJ Line up:

BBC Radio Lancashire's Keith Fletcher

Blackpool's main soul man-Pete Haigh

The comeback king-Jimmy Scriv

and Billy The kid's Mecca Philly top 10.

Tickets £5 in advance/£6 on the night-contact BFC Ticket Office:0871 622-1953(Option1)

***The last 2 events have been total sell outs so please if possible get your tickets in advance to avoid potential dissapointment.

Guest soulful ady

We have possible spare bedroom in apartment if they (or anyone else)is interested. Fri, Sat & Sun nights for share of costs.

Drop me a pm for details.

John.

Hi John just sent you a PM Cheers Ady

Guest belly chest

tim
  • estamp='1245518031' post='1098934']

hey up nel if you dont get there first time ill come and get the carnt blooming wait

Hi Rob & Karen,

I know the ammount of work you have put in to organise things and I'm sure everyone will have a great time.

Regards

ROD

As always Rod its a team effort, from the ECSC all the way down, 30,000 flyers distibuted over 10 months, ticket sellers, The people at the Spa and in Bridlington.

What MAKES the weekender are the great folks who have bought tickets and attend and have a great time, it makes it all worth while:thumbup:

Good luck in that cracking venue in Blackpool.

Rob & Karen

for ECSCSC

Guest elnel

Eyup ian my m8 ime realy ready for this bin practising my dancing and if I say so myself ime looking good ,infact last night at the corner pocket someone compared me to the great Peter Gordino . see ya friday my buddy XXXX

Eyup ian my m8 ime realy ready for this bin practising my dancing and if I say so myself ime looking good ,infact last night at the corner pocket someone compared me to the great Peter Gordino . see ya friday my buddy XXXX

Hi Nel

May I say after seeing some of you new moves today at your house today Peter Gordeno couldn't lick you boots. Hey them cucumber sarnies were special today at yours lol

See you Tuesday.

Hi Jo

We are all meeting at the Southcliffe as and when but I would say from 8ish (maybe earlier ) on thursday. We have some decks etc in for just Thursday night and we can have a little get together . Everyone is welcome. You have my mobie if you get stuck just give us a call sweetie. See you thursday.

Anyone who is wanting to get there bands on Friday afternoon they will be available in the foyer at the Spa , this will give you express access on Friday night as there is near on 2,000 arriving. Please remember to bring you tickets in exchange for your bands. Don't forget Yocky and Guests on friday afternoon at the Spa for alittle tast of whats install for the weekend. Weather is looking good , so is the Beer and the music at the Spa. Don't come much better. Bring it on !!!!!

Not long now peeps.

See you all soon

Yocky and Jx

Edited by soulcrew
Guest Mezhouse

Hi Nel

May I say after seeing some of you new moves today at your house today Peter Gordeno couldn't lick you boots. Hey them cucumber sarnies were special today at yours lol

See you Tuesday.

Hi Jo

We are all meeting at the Southcliffe as and when but I would say from 8ish (maybe earlier ) on thursday. We have some decks etc in for just Thursday night and we can have a little get together . Everyone is welcome. You have my mobie if you get stuck just give us a call sweetie. See you thursday.

Anyone who is wanting to get there bands on Friday afternoon they will be available in the foyer at the Spa , this will give you express access on Friday night as there is near on 2,000 arriving. Please remember to bring you tickets in exchange for your bands. Don't forget Yocky and Guests on friday afternoon at the Spa for alittle tast of whats install for the weekend. Weather is looking good , so is the Beer and the music at the Spa. Don't come much better. Bring it on !!!!!

Not long now peeps.

See you all soon

Yocky and Jx

Well that's me sorted then - thanks!

Jo xx

Hi Rob & Karen,

whistling

Regards

ROD

As always Rod its a team effort, from the ECSC all the way down, 30,000 flyers distibuted over 10 months, ticket sellers, The people at the Spa and in Bridlington.

What MAKES the weekender are the great folks who have bought tickets and attend and have a great time, it makes it all worth while:thumbup:

Good luck in that cracking venue in Blackpool.

Rob & Karen

for ECSCSC

Rob

just remembered one thing we have overlooked and i will leave sat and sunday to you. Ive sorted the weather for Fri ordered medium temps with a sunny outlook :shhh: now you sort the other two days out please whistling

Rob the weatherman

Rob

just remembered one thing we have overlooked and i will leave sat and sunday to you. Ive sorted the weather for Fri ordered medium temps with a sunny outlook :shhh: now you sort the other two days out please whistling

Rob the weatherman

What is the weather gonna be like next week?

I hope it is like Cleethorps last week.

Guest yorks old boys

keep off the tramps elnel bad legs ha ha see you there

Any of you folk going to Brid from Manchester area???

I have a bloke there fetching me some 7 inch record boxes, need them bringing back for me.. Will get you a beer or two in for the trouble if you could pickthem up.. Or any who know me..

Cheers

Steve Cato...

Going over from Manchester in car so no prob to collect for you

No comparison Neil ...... I have heard that you are better hung than Peter Gordino :thumbsup:

See you satdi old mate ......

Malc Burton

Guest yorks old boys

ITS been ordered bright n sunny shades ,just hope that the weather man delivers:rolleyes:

Rob

dont worry about the weather we will be surounded by a ray of sunshine and a lot off happy people:yes:

Guest BrandySistaShirl

No comparison Neil ...... I have heard that you are better hung than Peter Gordino whistling

See you satdi old mate ......

Malc Burton

He is.!!!!! Jean told me.lol

Guest Mezhouse

dont worry about the weather we will be surounded by a ray of sunshine and a lot off happy people:yes:

What a lovely thing to say!

Jo xx

Guest soulmaguk

Scarborough Northern & Rare soul Club members on Facebook have been briefed about the excellent Brid Weekender, always a good time, something for everyone.

jock.

Been doing a bit for Bluebell Wood today on me day off and just sat down

Had a couple of calls/ text today regarding DJ time

HERE IS THE FINAL LIST OF TIMES FOR THE MAIN ROOM

D J times for 2009

Main Room Northern Soul

Friday

7.30 Dukesy

8.20 Gainey

9.10 Yockie

10.00 Pete Taylor

10.50 Rob Wicks

11.45 John Vincent

12.45 Pat Brady

1.40 Rob Wigley

Close 2.30 am

Saturday Afternoon

12.00 Alex Simms

12.45 Ian kimmond

1.45 Harpo

2.45 Graham Slater

3.45 Rob Kay

Close 4.30 pm

Saturday Evening.

7.30 Pete Taylor

8.30 John Parker

9.30 Pat Brady

10.30 Carl Fortnum

11.30 Rob Wigley

12.30 Rob Wicks

1.30 MORT

Close 2.30 am

Sunday All-Dayer

1.00 Bridgey

2.00 Duksey

3.00 Dave Knight & Auction

4.00 Rob Smith

5.00 Dave Hughes

6.00 Dave knight & Alex Simms

7.00 J Parker

8.00 Steve Gainey

9.00 Yockie

10.00 Mort's "Swan song"

11.00 ECSC Finale & Goodbye

12.15 ish (?) Close ECSC Gang.

There's more

LAST FINAL ON THE RARE ROOM --Messers Alden & Etheridge please not saturday times !

Rare Room Times

Friday

7.30 Paul Seward

8.30 Dave Flint

9.30 Mark Etheridge

10.30 Rob Kay

11.30 John Parker

12.30 John Alden

01.30 Tony Hatfield

Close 2.15 am

Saturday Afternoon

12.00 Mark Etheridge

1.00 Brendon Carol

2.00 Don Kitchen

3.00 York Soul Club

Close 4.30 pm

Saturday Evening.

7.30 John Alden & Mark Etheridge

8.30 Brendon Carol

9.30 Mick 'n' Mo

10.30 Tats

11.30 Tony & John

12.30 Carl Fortnum

01.30 John Parker & Tony Hatfield Close 2.30 am

Sunday

1.00 Don Kitchen

2.00 Dave Flint

3.00 Brendon Carol

4.00 Mark Etheridge

5.00 John Parker

6.00 John Alden

7.00 Tony Hatfield

Close 8.30

Modern Room times

Modern Room Times

Friday

8.00 Errol Green

9.00 Graham Slater

10.00 Steve J

11.00 Martin Dixon

12.00 John Kane

1.00 Tats & Rob Kay

2.15 Close

Saturday Afternoon

12.30 Kim Maddocks

1.30 K T Trouble

2.30 Paul Seward

3.30 Kev Laws

4.30 Close

Saturday Evening

8.00 Gaz Welsh & KT

9.00 John Corless

10.00 John Kane

11.00 Terry Gee

12.00 Andy Jackson

1,00 Martin & Errol

"Modernism boys"

2.20 Close

Sunday

1.00 Kim Maddocks

2.00 Kev Laws & S Jay

3.00 Den Mac

4.00 Errol & Martin

6.00 Close

Hipster Lounge Times

Friday

7.30 John Moffat

8.30 Austin

9.30 The Dukester

10.30 Roddy Brass

11.30 Eddie wainwright

12.30 Mik Parry

1.30 Gav Needham

Saturday Afternoon

12.00 Mik parry

1.00 Roddie Brass

2.00 Eddie Wainwright

3.00 Gav Needham

4.00 Close

Saturday Evening

8.00 Al Taylor

9.00 Austin

10.00 Gav Needham

11.00 Eddie Wainwright

12.00 Mik Parry

1,00 Roddy Brass

2.00 Close

Sunday

1.00 John moffat

2.00 John Parker

3.00 Austin

4.00 Al taylor

5.00 til 10.00 "The Hipster Shakedown"

With Pat Brady, Eddie, Roddy & Mik.

Guest soulmaguk

Jock . by chance you are not the Jock i used to natter to in the nightowl chatroom are you !!whistling.gif

Rob

prob not Rob, i had the Soulmaguk website around that time though, the one with the spinning cube thingy. Rob, i'm a bit confused, thought that Mick H was billed on the flyer mate1 whats happened?

prob not Rob, i had the Soulmaguk website around that time though, the one with the spinning cube thingy. Rob, i'm a bit confused, thought that Mick H was billed on the flyer mate1 whats happened?

Mick will still be or returning from Oz wedding or summat , when Rob Wig booked him he was ok to do it, late on it transpired that he may not be able to honour the booking . ner mind thats life and soul

rob

Source Advert