Two Cover Up Names Needed, Anyone? Masquaders - Soultown, Mbs -bjet

Benji

• Replies 11
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anyone know the cover up names (and maybe the DJ who played them first) for:

Masquaders - The same thing - Soultown

The M.B.S. - Another day - B-Jet

TIA

Benji

Hi Benji,

I didn't think the Masqueraders had been covered, I have only ever known it by its proper name - mind you the way my memory is now could very well be wrong.

What is M.B.S. short for?

Best wishes,

Richard

Social source share

What a useful site! :lol:

Hi Benji - the MB's was covered up...can't remember as what...wasn't it a Rob Marriot spin?!

The Albanians was GuyH's tune.

d. :D

Dave, your site is useful but not if access from the office PC is blocked! :g:

Thing is, I have both records and both have visible distinct cellotape residues in the run out grooves. They had been played covered up at one time or the other. I know that my copy of the Masquaders once belonged to Soul Sam but did he played it covered up?

M.B.S. is for Modern Blues Sound. A very obscure record that is one of my alltime favourites. Don't know if RM spun it. I first heard it on a tape recording of the 1990 Yarmouth Weekender radio station, it may has been Rob who played it (uncovered I shall add).

Am just trying to know a bit more about the history of two of my most beloved records :yes:

Social source share

Dave, your site is useful but not if access from the office PC is blocked! :g:

Thing is, I have both records and both have visible distinct cellotape residues in the run out grooves. They had been played covered up at one time or the other. I know that my copy of the Masquaders once belonged to Soul Sam but did he played it covered up?

M.B.S. is for Modern Blues Sound. A very obscure record that is one of my alltime favourites. Don't know if RM spun it. I first heard it on a tape recording of the 1990 Yarmouth Weekender radio station, it may has been Rob who played it (uncovered I shall add).

Am just trying to know a bit more about the history of two of my most beloved records :yes:

I know what you mean Benji, I'm a sucker for cover up names. I have to confess I have never heard of Modern Blue Sound, is it on refosoul so I can check it out.

Masqueraders is one of my all time favourites - definitely couldn't afford it when I was collecting - and I bet nothing has changed!

Best wishes,

Richard.

Social source share

Dave, your site is useful but not if access from the office PC is blocked! :D

Guessing a bit here Benji, but assuming that Guy H c/u the Masquaders it would likely have been in the Stafford era(but not certain) Sam was still playing 70s then I think, so unless he had it before that time, I would have thought it unlikely that he would have covered up a known record after then . But thats only me surmising, so I know I've not helped you at all, sorry. :g:

Social source share

I PLAYED THE mb,S ON B-JET ABOUT 15 years ago COVERED UP AS ..JUST WAITING FOR YOU BY DOUGLAS B McDONALD

found it on my first hunt in florida..

took the artist name from McDonald Douglas DC-10..as in the airliner I flew into florida on ...kinda tied in with the B-JET sad or what???haha

THE GASHER

Edited by GASHER
Social source share

Guessing a bit here Benji, but assuming that Guy H c/u the Masquaders it would likely have been in the Stafford era(but not certain) Sam was still playing 70s then I think, so unless he had it before that time, I would have thought it unlikely that he would have covered up a known record after then . But thats only me surmising, so I know I've not helped you at all, sorry. :yes:

I taped Guy's spot at Stafford mid 1985 and although I can't find the tape to check his exact words he introduced it as 'all the way from Chicago, the Albanians - That's The Same Thing'

A few years ago I asked him about it and why the Albanians and the Chicago tag; he told me he decided to cover up a record as the Albanians whilst on holiday in Corfu looking over at Albania!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert