Blue Skies - Friday 20th February

Rbman

Where will the lunchtime imbibing be taking place? I will be able to join you by 1.30 at the latest.

We could always try a pub crawl. Start at the Barrow Boy and Banker, take in an Indian, then proceed by all pubs on Borough High St (5 or 6) until the left turn where we can take in the next 3 which we pass on our way to HS. 3 bookies on the route as well.

We didn't intend to start without you Pete...and Dave will need somewhere to park and unload his records to your place.....then we can start!!!!...I feel a very big headache coming on already....

Edited by Rbman
  • Replies 86
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can't recommend this venue highly enough, no bullshit, no politics just good people and music...not forgetting Liz's wonderful cakes :unsure::lol:

A very happy birthday to my old mate Pete, one of the scene's nicest guys :lol:

Get the September dates sorted and we'll see you all there

Have a good one guys!

Lenny

Edited by BIGSOULMAN

Can't recommend this venue highly enough, no bullshit, no politics just good people and music...not forgetting Liz's wonderful cakes :unsure::lol:

Have a good one guys!

Lenny

You big sweetie Lenny....cheque is in the post. :lol: Hope you and Jan are well....hope to see you both soon.

Guest Pete Bennett

Have a good one guys!

Lenny

Thanks Lenny.

Liz and I have decided to go on a tour of the NS venues in these islands. What would you recommend up in your neck of the woods? Needs to be after April. Maybe you can PM me with some suggestions?

See you both soon.

P

Guest Pete Bennett

We didn't intend to start without you Pete...and Dave will need somewhere to park and unload his records to your place.....then we can start!!!!...I feel a very big headache coming on already....

Oh good. was worried for a while :unsure:

So I guess we are starting at the flat?

Anyone else out there not working Friday and fancy a big headache Saturday morning? Mac, what you up to?

P.

Yes...the parking of records and unloading the car is the deffo first thing, even before a drink...

Geoff, yes please bring the cd thanks

Steve, please bring and Plat The Mist For Me

ta

Lenny, hello

Martin, the headache sure is coming on... :-)

Yes...the parking of records and unloading the car is the deffo first thing, even before a drink...

Geoff, yes please bring the cd thanks

Steve, please bring and Plat The Mist For Me

ta

Lenny, hello

Martin, the headache sure is coming on... :-)

The Mist in the playbox.....See you Friday....

Oh good. was worried for a while :g:

So I guess we are starting at the flat?

Anyone else out there not working Friday and fancy a big headache Saturday morning? Mac, what you up to?

P.

Booked Friday afternoon off so hoping to get down to town earlier that expected. Hoping to get the 2.30 so should be there about 3.45 for a few warm up drinks :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Sorry chaps & chappettes at Blue Skies,i have been out of circulation for a few days/weeks i think my head is in a spin at the moment"Im the happiest man alive now",all may be revealed on Friday evening.

Steve G in the light of my current situation i am no longer able to offer you my services of a driver for Friday night,i intend to have a good few drinks with you all before my departing for pastures new,in the distant future(not too distant mind you).

I am up for this one ive not felt better in a long while,so belting tunes all the way from me,i intend to go out with a real banging party atmosphere set on Friday.

see ya all Friday night then,bring on the paaaaaaaarrrrrttttyyyyy for Mr Wit.

laters

Tobias.

Sorry chaps & chappettes at Blue Skies,i have been out of circulation for a few days/weeks i think my head is in a spin at the moment"Im the happiest man alive now",all may be revealed on Friday evening.

I am up for this one ive not felt better in a long while,so belting tunes all the way from me,i intend to go out with a real banging party atmosphere set on Friday.

laters

Tobias.

Wow Toby...what you been up to? :thumbsup:

Glad you're well up for a party.....

Is Andy coming down with you?

Guest soulmanherts

Steve G in the light of my current situation i am no longer able to offer you my services of a driver for Friday night,i intend to have a good few drinks with you all before my departing for pastures new,in the distant future(not too distant mind you).

laters

Tobias.

GOOD TO SEE YOU ARE BACK MATE, NEVER REALLY NOTICED THAT YOU HAD GONE... :thumbsup: ..SEE YOU FRIDAY MATE

Guest EType69

laters

Tobias.

Does this mean we might once again witness your legendary powers of diplomacy during the train ride home?

How does it go?..................'you're lucky I don't knock your f***ing head off, now f*** off!' :thumbsup::ohmy::D

Guest Andy Kempster

Does this mean we might once again witness your legendary powers of diplomacy during the train ride home?

How does it go?..................'you're lucky I don't knock your f***ing head off, now f*** off!' laugh.gif:lol::yes:

followed swiftly by a bishy boot...cant wait for the train ride home :lol::lol::lol:

Guest BintofSoul

Seems like we could have a good crowd.........................hope its going to be a big cake :thumbup::pirate::lamsey:

QoFxx

Sorry to miss the the party :thumbsup: , especially the cake!!!! Hopefully I'll see you at Kent Soul Club Martin. Have a fab evening.

Nicki

XXX

sounds good n interesting Toby!!

i have looked at the map and i just follow the A3 all the way until i smell alcohol; then i turn right...still, i think i am going to leave at 10.30 just in case...

:-)

Bit worried, who is going to be the responsible adult with you 3. Martin has already warned me to bring the motown and youth club as he may not be in a fit state to do the early set with you at 6 :tumbleweed3: . Hate to think what state he is going to be in by 11 :lol: .

Sorted out my main record box so now just bopping round the living room, blowing my mind to pieces, hiding behind my painted smile, while shopping around at the top of the stairs, to some youth club for the 6 - 7 office crowd :lol:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Bit worried, who is going to be the responsible adult with you 3. Martin has already warned me to bring the motown and youth club as he may not be in a fit state to do the early set with you at 6 :tumbleweed3: . Hate to think what state he is going to be in by 11 :lol: .

Sorted out my main record box so now just bopping round the living room, blowing my mind to pieces, hiding behind my painted smile, while shopping around at the top of the stairs, to some youth club for the 6 - 7 office crowd :lol:

QoFxx

...YOU are the responsible adult :lol::lol:

...YOU are the responsible adult :lol::lol:

:tumbleweed3::lol:

SHould be there about 4 if all goes to plan...................

Not so sure about responsible adult bit though, sitting on the floor in my PJs at the moment going thorugh my yoooof club stuff with a litre of vodka singing along to Little Piece Of leather :lol::lol:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Thanks Lenny.

Liz and I have decided to go on a tour of the NS venues in these islands. What would you recommend up in your neck of the woods? Needs to be after April. Maybe you can PM me with some suggestions?

See you both soon.

P

Book Birmingham Disciples of Soul for Friday 24th April (Lou & Woody's night) Its Blue Skies on tour, me doing warm up and Steve G the main event :tumbleweed3:

QoFxx

QoFxx

My first visit to Blue Skies was the Christmas do.

:g: I was there by 6

:tumbleweed3: Came straight from the office!

:lol: In a suit!!

:lol: Are you trying to tell me something? :lol::lol:

I'm nothing of the sort................ 100% straight. The only time I've been associated with the word camp was on an invoice from Prestatyn :yes:

Taff

I never doubted it for a moment... :lol::lol::g: Buy you a drink and give you a birthday kiss tomorrow :lol:

Mr Bennett got a Birthday hug and a kiss in bed this morning, so he can miss out on a drink :tumbleweed3::lol::lol:

Edited by Tig
Guest Andy Kempster

Suits welcome. I myself shall be wearing one :)

Check shirts and M&S brown pullovers also welcome. :D

should be there by 7 train travel permitting, got my record box sitting on the office desk ready to hop on the choo choo as soon as I finish :ohmy::thumbup:

Source Advert