I'm A New Member

Guest Paul Kyser

Guest Paul Kyser

Can i have a signed copy please Paul :)

Welcome to Soul Source Paul its great reading this thread :thumbup:

Have you ever tried to recreate what you produced way back in recent times or at least thought about it, ie- great singers and identical instrumentation through to production

once again welcome Paul this really is awsome :ohmy:

Bearsy

ps, your email address is my name apart from the Papa bit :D

Yes I did the remake of Body and Soul in the 1990 buy the Soul generations and Terry Tate.

Paul Kyser

Social source share

• Replies 132
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Baz

Please explain?? I don't understand the question. Please forgive me.

Paul Kyser

FORGIVE YOU ITS MY MISTAKE PAUL ,I ACTUALLY THOUGHT YOU HAD CONTACT WITH THE VOLUMES WHO RECORDED ON IMPACT,SARU,INFERNO ETC,BUT READING THE ORIGINAL PARAGRAPTH THAT WAS NOT THE CASE,MY MISTAKE PAUL, ANOTHER QUESTION PAUL DID STAX RECORDS EVER APPROACH YOU TO DO ANTHING RE PRODUNCING ,AND WHAT WERE YOUR OVERALL IMPRESSIONS RE THIS RECORD LABEL.

BAZ A

Social source share

Hi Paul and welcome to soul source

My name is Kenny Burrell and this is the first ever post i've made on soul source so I guess I'm new as well.

I have a copy of your Teardrops record on Gossip "Wait for me" and it's absolutely brilliant northern soul and probably the "rarest" record you've been involved with. Can you provide any info as my copy is I believe the only UK copy (even the label is pretty obscure to all but connosieurs)

The intro is phenomenol and the "break" three quarters way through is great for our soul scene.

The flip "Birdies and Memories is pretty 'poppy' tho'

Regards

Kenny

Social source share

Hello Everyone

My name is Paul Kyser. In My music career I produced over 30 hit records. From Robby Lawson, to the Superlatives, Jimmy Briscoe and the Little Beavers, Rhyze, The Superbs, The Soul Generation, Calendar, The Super Disco Band, Terry Tate, Eleanor Goodman, The Big Show DVD set Volumes one and two with Jerry Butler, Ray Goodman and Brown, The Chi-Lites, the Manhattans, The Stylistics, The Delfonics, The Soul Generation, Bloodstone, Barbara, Mason, The Main Ingrediant, Tavaras, Skip Mahony and the Casuals, Heatwave, The Temprees, Enchantment, The Winstons, The Ebonys, Eddie Holman, The Intruders, Just to name a few live on my DVD set.

Paul Kyser paulpapabear@netzero.net

Paul, Welcome. You are one extraordinary Gentleman. Thank you for coming and letting us hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak. Your answers to the many,many questions are so enjoyable to read...

.... unsure.gif ... whistling.gif ...... :lol: ........Could i also ask?, When you look back now at your musical career, which decade was the most fun? Personally i love the sixties RnB/soul records, And feel an energy, a positivity in its sound and feel....I feel as the seventies came, the style and energy changed....Did you feel that at the time, yourself? Or do you prefer the seventies, eighties etc. (most fulfilling, revenue apart.)

Mike.

Social source share

Guest Paul Kyser

Hi Paul, welcome to the site. I think baz is referring to the Detroit group 'The Volumes'... wink.gif

I never worked with the Volumes.

Paul Kyser

Social source share

Guest Paul Kyser

Baz

Please explain?? I don't understand the question. Please forgive me.

Paul Kyser

FORGIVE YOU ITS MY MISTAKE PAUL ,I ACTUALLY THOUGHT YOU HAD CONTACT WITH THE VOLUMES WHO RECORDED ON IMPACT,SARU,INFERNO ETC,BUT READING THE ORIGINAL PARAGRAPTH THAT WAS NOT THE CASE,MY MISTAKE PAUL, ANOTHER QUESTION PAUL DID STAX RECORDS EVER APPROACH YOU TO DO ANTHING RE PRODUNCING ,AND WHAT WERE YOUR OVERALL IMPRESSIONS RE THIS RECORD LABEL.

BAZ A

Baz

Staz was a great label. I had the pleasure of working with Issac Hayes and William Bell.

Paul Kyser

Social source share

Guest Paul Kyser

Hi Paul and welcome to soul source

My name is Kenny Burrell and this is the first ever post i've made on soul source so I guess I'm new as well.

I have a copy of your Teardrops record on Gossip "Wait for me" and it's absolutely brilliant northern soul and probably the "rarest" record you've been involved with. Can you provide any info as my copy is I believe the only UK copy (even the label is pretty obscure to all but connosieurs)

The intro is phenomenol and the "break" three quarters way through is great for our soul scene.

The flip "Birdies and Memories is pretty 'poppy' tho'

Regards

Kenny

Kenny

You are a rare breed to get that record. I only pressed 75 copies. It was a money thing and I had the Superlatives record I Still Love You. Please send me a personal note because you and I are the only people who I know that have a copy of the record.

I am also trying to find out does anyone have a copy of the Del Capris on my Silver Dollar record Label with songs Our Love" and backed with "Love Fever"

Paul Kyser

Edited by Paul Kyser
Social source share

Guest Paul Kyser

Paul, Welcome. You are one extraordinary Gentleman. Thank you for coming and letting us hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak. Your answers to the many,many questions are so enjoyable to read...

.... :D ... whistling.gif ...... :P ........Could i also ask?, When you look back now at your musical career, which decade was the most fun? Personally i love the sixties RnB/soul records, And feel an energy, a positivity in its sound and feel....I feel as the seventies came, the style and energy changed....Did you feel that at the time, yourself? Or do you prefer the seventies, eighties etc. (most fulfilling, revenue apart.)

Mike.

Mike

I love the sixties because I was very young and did my music with an inocent mind. Even thougt I was inocent and had a passonate love for the business and It wasn't all about money there was those preditors out thier who took advantage of you.

In the late 60s and 70s mainly I begain to take the music business serious as a business. It was still fun but not as much fun as being inocent to the business and just wanting to learn and record and have fun.

Paul kyser

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Once upon a time, when I worked for the V&A Museum, I had to go to 'Fort Christies' where Christies the Auctioneers kept all their valuables. I had to collect something (a few billion pounds worth of national treasure). After 10 minutes of walking around inside the building, I walked past a strong room with the door open. You know those pirate films you see as a kid with the treasure chest open and gold goblets, rubies and plunder beyond your wildest dreams spilling onto the floor....that's what this room looked like - from top to bottom rammed full of riches. I was told to look forward and not to look into any other rooms.

This thread is like sneaking away from the security guard, getting into that room and closing the door....to be surrounded by very precious things....Paul, it's a rare treat to have you on SS and the Superlatives is in my Top 5 Tunes - still makes me go weak at the knees :D Thanks for providing us with your treasure trove smile.gif I still love yoooooouuuuuu.......Jo xxx

Social source share

Guest Paul Kyser

Paul the chi-lights and the intruders are 2 of my favourite soul outfits ,do you still have any contact with members of either group and what was your involment with both outfits!

BAZ A

Baz

Yes I do. All of the original Intruders are decesed with the exception of one and he does not sing anymore. I talk to Marshal of the Chi-Lites every now and then. He is still out there on stage. One of his daughters is on stage with him but not up front.

Paul Kyser

Social source share

Guest Paul Kyser

Once upon a time, when I worked for the V&A Museum, I had to go to 'Fort Christies' where Christies the Auctioneers kept all their valuables. I had to collect something (a few billion pounds worth of national treasure). After 10 minutes of walking around inside the building, I walked past a strong room with the door open. You know those pirate films you see as a kid with the treasure chest open and gold goblets, rubies and plunder beyond your wildest dreams spilling onto the floor....that's what this room looked like - from top to bottom rammed full of riches. I was told to look forward and not to look into any other rooms.

This thread is like sneaking away from the security guard, getting into that room and closing the door....to be surrounded by very precious things....Paul, it's a rare treat to have you on SS and the Superlatives is in my Top 5 Tunes - still makes me go weak at the knees :thumbup: Thanks for providing us with your treasure trove smile.gif I still love yoooooouuuuuu.......Jo xxx

Thankyou so much for that. Just wait till you here the unreleased song entitled "The Movement" By the Superlatives it is banging! I'm sorry that I never released that song. Also "OOH Babe At Last I Found You"

Paul Kyser

Edited by Paul Kyser
Social source share

Baz

Yes I do. All of the original Intruders are decesed with the exception of one and he does not sing anymore. I talk to Marshal of the Chi-Lites every now and then. He is still out there on stage. One of his daughters is on stage with him but not up front.

Paul Kyser

Thanks Paul great to know that .

BAZ A wink.gif

Social source share

Guest Paul Kyser

Paul thanks so far hpe were keeping you fuelled with great memories of your many accomplishements -did you have any involvement with the superaltives releases on Wally Records and Three Gs records?

BAZ A

Wally

No I didn't.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Thankyou so much for that. Just wait till you here the unreleased song entitled "The Movement" By the Superlatives it is banging! I'm sorry that I never released that song. Also "OOH Babe At Last I Found You"

Paul Kyser

Unreleased Superlatives :thumbsup::yes::( - yes please :D A girl can never listen to enough 'unreleased' soul tracks :)

Social source share

Mike

I love the sixties because I was very young and did my music with an inocent mind. Even thougt I was inocent and had a passonate love for the business and It wasn't all about money there was those preditors out thier who took advantage of you.

In the late 60s and 70s mainly I begain to take the music business serious as a business. It was still fun but not as much fun as being inocent to the business and just wanting to learn and record and have fun.

Paul kyser

Thank you Paul...It must have been a wonderful, wonderful experience. Look at what is here before you on Soul-Source, all the people you touched having fun, innocently learning and loving to play music.....some 50 plus years later, new generations throughout each decade fall under it's spell. Although Paul, some of it wasn't so innocent...theres'a some Low Down Dirteh! Mother Brothers out there :thumbsup:

Mike.

Social source share

Paul Kyser

O M G!! Paul, you and the moderators of Soul-Source Should get together and do a world exclusive airing of the unreleasesd, "said" tracks above....set a date for airing and then we can all discuss them afterwards....That would be a truly great thing to do... then, give me the said records/acetates/tapes, as a small fee.

Infact we can do better than that, Talk to ady croasdell on here of kent-ACE records...."A c.d full of Kyser-Kyser realated tracks, featuring never before released tracks)..( :thumbup:have you got an agent?)

Social source share

Guest Paul Kyser

Thank you Paul...It must have been a wonderful, wonderful experience. Look at what is here before you on Soul-Source, all the people you touched having fun, innocently learning and loving to play music.....some 50 plus years later, new generations throughout each decade fall under it's spell. Although Paul, some of it wasn't so innocent...theres'a some Low Down Dirteh! Mother Brothers out there laugh.gif

Mike.

You can say that again

Paul Kyser

Social source share

Guest Paul Kyser

O M G!! Paul, you and the moderators of Soul-Source Should get together and do a world exclusive airing of the unreleasesd, "said" tracks above....set a date for airing and then we can all discuss them afterwards....That would be a truly great thing to do... then, give me the said records/acetates/tapes, as a small fee.

Infact we can do better than that, Talk to ady croasdell on here of kent-ACE records...."A c.d full of Kyser-Kyser realated tracks, featuring never before released tracks)..( laugh.gifhave you got an agent?)

Sounds interesting.

Paul Kyser

Social source share

Guest Paul Kyser

biggest respect to you Paul and warmest welcome. You making SS much more worth to join now :wicked:

Thank you for sharing all those interesting stories of your past with us. :lol:

All the best, Andreas

Andreas

It is my pleasure.

Paul Kyser

Social source share

Guest Paul Kyser

Infact we can do better than that, Talk to ady croasdell on here of kent-ACE records...."A c.d full of Kyser-Kyser realated tracks, featuring never before released tracks)..( laugh.gifhave you got an agent?)

Social source share

It just might work

Paul Kyser

Hiya Paul, great to see you on here mate.

I give you my wholehearted respect.

Social source share

Infact we can do better than that, Talk to ady croasdell on here of kent-ACE records...."A c.d full of Kyser-Kyser realated tracks, featuring never before released tracks)..( :rolleyes:have you got an agent?)

It just might work

Paul Kyser

:rolleyes::wicked: , you've lost me....(Are you sorting something out, along those lines Paul?)...I hope so, and good luck to you.

Social source share

Hi Paul!

Welcome to the forum! I´ve been away from the forum for some time, so didn´t spot this thread until now, and man was I amazed :lol:

It´s a great honour to have you on board. Thanks for sharing with us some of those stories behind records and artists you´ve worked with over the years.

Listened to Jimmy Briscoe and Rhyze just a few days ago. Interesting to hear that you and Rhyze are now working on new material.

My record room is full of Paul Kyser, yes, you´re in many people´s homes thanks to all the wonderful music you´ve given us through the years...

Kind regards

Mel (from Sweden, where we really need soul music in order to keep us warm...LOL...)

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paul Kyser

Hi Paul!

Welcome to the forum! I´ve been away from the forum for some time, so didn´t spot this thread until now, and man was I amazed :ohmy:

It´s a great honour to have you on board. Thanks for sharing with us some of those stories behind records and artists you´ve worked with over the years.

Listened to Jimmy Briscoe and Rhyze just a few days ago. Interesting to hear that you and Rhyze are now working on new material.

My record room is full of Paul Kyser, yes, you´re in many people´s homes thanks to all the wonderful music you´ve given us through the years...

Kind regards

Mel (from Sweden, where we really need soul music in order to keep us warm...LOL...)

Mel

Thanks for you kind words.

Paul Kyser

Social source share

I ya Paul can i just say how much I'm enjoying reading the replies to all the questions you are being asked . Being fairly new to the soul scene( 2 years) i was raised with the Motown sound playing day and night thanks to my mother and it was just by luck that i stumbled upon my local soul venue and know i just cant get enough of the music . And my kids know have to listen to me playing soul music :D . So for me to read about the input you have had and the people you have worked with is brilliant :g: . Much Respect and thank you. Mark

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Paul Kyser

I ya Paul can i just say how much I'm enjoying reading the replies to all the questions you are being asked . Being fairly new to the soul scene( 2 years) i was raised with the Motown sound playing day and night thanks to my mother and it was just by luck that i stumbled upon my local soul venue and know i just cant get enough of the music . And my kids know have to listen to me playing soul music biggrin.gif . So for me to read about the input you have had and the people you have worked with is brilliant :yes: . Much Respect and thank you. Mark

Mark

Sorry for getting back to you so late but thankyou for your remarks.

Paul Kyser

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert