Beer Towels

Guest remus

Guest remus

You know the type, 50 something, vest, baggies, tacky badges of places they never even went to, but worst of all, the 'DREADED BEER TOWEL', tucked into their trousers!. Do you think they should be asked to leave, or should we just tolerate them in the name of 'Norvern'? :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest miff

Never went for it in the 70s, dont like it myself & I think people that do this look daft, but if thats what rocks there boat who am I to stop them "live & let live"

Social source share

Guest remus

Yes, do we have the right to judge and censure anyone because of thier dress sense?

I think not :thumbsup:

link

No we don't,..... 'Beer towels',.. don't think that comes under 'Dress sence', surely we have a right to question their motives? :lol:

Social source share

Guest remus

Why ? What motive do you think they might have for using a beer towel ?

link

I'm not really sure to be honest Dave, I've seen golfers wear them so that they can clean their balls, that's a pratical tool I suppose, and the fact they are in a field with no washing facilities to hand, so makes sence!, but to wear one at a Soul night, for the life of me?? :thumbsup:

Social source share

You know the type, 50 something, vest, baggies, tacky badges of places they never even went to, but worst of all, the 'DREADED BEER TOWEL', tucked into their trousers!.  Do you think they should be asked to leave, or should we just tolerate them in the name of 'Norvern'? :lol:

link

Theres a thread a little further down this section about youngsters on the scene and the general consensus seems to be that they need encouraging if the scene is to survive more than ten years.

I wonder what a youngster thinks when he walks into a venue for the first time and sees an article such as you've described???? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Theres a thread a little further down this section about youngsters on the scene and the general consensus seems to be that they need encouraging if the scene is to survive more than ten years.

I wonder what a youngster thinks when he walks into a venue for the first time and sees an article such as you've described???? :thumbsup:

link

they get there camera phones out laughing there heads of and sending it round to all there mates, ive seen it done :lol:

Edited by Baz
Social source share

Guest remus

link

I think youngsters should be able to see it all, good and bad. My mate took his 17yr son and friend to the Stoke alnighter (his 1st). His opion was that it was full of 'old scarey people in vests', we laughed,...he was serious!

They nearly didn't make it in coz the promoter said they were too young and didn't want them drinking beer!, I replied, 'that's ok, they only want gear' (as a joke obviously), the promoter (you know who) didn't find this at all funny! :lol:

Social source share

I think youngsters should be able to see it all, good and bad. My mate took his 17yr son and friend to the Stoke alnighter (his 1st).  His opion was that it was full of 'old scarey people in vests', we laughed,...he was serious!

They nearly didn't make it in coz the promoter said they were too young and didn't want them drinking beer!, I replied, 'that's ok, they only want gear' (as a joke obviously), the promoter (you know who) didn't find this at all funny! :thumbsup:

link

:no::P:lol: nothing like starting em young

Social source share

Guest remus

:thumbsup:   :no:   :P   nothing like starting em young

link

he's 20 something now, formed his own Indie band and still remembers that night and tells me that he is gonna write a song about it!, you never know :lol:

Social source share

I think youngsters should be able to see it all, good and bad. My mate took his 17yr son and friend to the Stoke alnighter (his 1st).  His opion was that it was full of 'old scarey people in vests', we laughed,...he was serious!

They nearly didn't make it in coz the promoter said they were too young and didn't want them drinking beer!, I replied, 'that's ok, they only want gear' (as a joke obviously), the promoter (you know who) didn't find this at all funny! :thumbsup:

link

Never mind the 17yo.....I thought the same when I went there mate :wicked:

Social source share

Guest rachel

he's 20 something now, formed his own Indie band and still remembers that night and tells me that he is gonna write a song about it!, you never know :thumbsup:

link

"Scary old men in vests".. great name for a song :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert