• Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just up on JM's. Anyone want to donate it to my christmas stocking! biggrin.gif

Failing that an MP3 discretely PM'd to me would be nice! :thumbup:

Hi Trev yes a mp3 would be nice as unless we win the lottery that is all we'll have

Jm's got the Tempests LP on as well have had that a while still a few on ebay so i diddn't think it was that rare?

Cheers Daryl

Social source share

one in sales £35 not two days ago.

Tempests should be no more than £50 max.

That said the one on evil bay is over that with nearly 3 days to go.

I'm betting JM's will go for 3 figures.

Social source share

Just up on JM's. Anyone want to donate it to my christmas stocking! biggrin.gif

Failing that an MP3 discretely PM'd to me would be nice! :D

Trev you'd get fed up with it if you could hear it any time you wanted ohmy.gif

But let me know if you get one :thumbup: a decent scan would be nice as well so I can set it as my background.

Social source share

I just love the way John is ending it the day after boxing day, Guess what im asking for xmas, money please and i got time to put me coppers in the piggy bank and do a stint of xmas carols, so if your in my area and hear a fog horn bellowing out xmas carols it will be me raisng cash for my Parliments fund :thumbup:

Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnne

Social source share

Hi Trev yes a mp3 would be nice as unless we win the lottery that is all we'll have

Jm's got the Tempests LP on as well have had that a while still a few on ebay so i diddn't think it was that rare?

Cheers Daryl

"i didn't think it was that rare?"

Please understand our top priority each week with the auction, is to make it "interesting" to as many collectors as possible suiting all pockets, trying not to let my "ego" get in the way of good presentation.

It doesn't have to be rare to be on auction.

Social source share

John, when's the sound files of the Parliaments going up on the auction?

Ref; Sound file, Lisa says tomorrow by mid-day or you can hear it a SILK tonight. Vinyl has some scuffs, minor click or two at the "talkin'" intro.. graded VG, certainly plays well enough for me to DJ with it tonight, maybe my long-awaited 2minutes of fame.

Social source share

Ref; Sound file, Lisa says tomorrow by mid-day or you can hear it a SILK tonight. Vinyl has some scuffs, minor click or two at the "talkin'" intro.. graded VG, certainly plays well enough for me to DJ with it tonight, maybe my long-awaited 2minutes of fame.
who or what is this p/ments 45 all about,label/title etc
Social source share

Guest Trevski

thanks for the reply is it a one off acetate,demo only thingy???

Nope, yellow Cabell release, check JM's for a scan/clip.

Covered up by Butch for a long time, now it's known copies seem to be surfacing, but not quickly (or cheaply) enough! :D

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

This looks like the copy that was on ebay a few weeks ago?? He put a huge reserve on it just in case. What you have to remember with these records is, there are very few people who 1. Can afford to pay several thousand pounds for a record. And 2. Once those handfull of people have got a copy there are no buyers left.

I was talking about this 45 with a collector friend of mine today. He's got a mint copy, and we both feel that now this has been uncovered, more copies will surface. Be patient. I was never that keen on it personally. Good but not great. Just m.h.o. of course. :D

Phil.

Social source share

Nope, yellow Cabell release, check JM's for a scan/clip.

Covered up by Butch for a long time, now it's known copies seem to be surfacing, but not quickly (or cheaply) enough! :rolleyes:

There's been two or three copies since it was uncovered Trev, hardly "copies surfacing". I doubt very much this will turn up in quantities sufficient enough to make this readily available to the wider collecting audience. Even the Third Soul Trio and the other Parliaments on the label command a price of 3/400 quid.

The label has been well known to collectors for a long tome now and if "Rainy Day" is not "that" rare as some have said why is it not already out there along with the other stuff on the label?

This is the copy that was on e-bay a while back.....

post-225-1195989751_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Common sense should tell you; would any dealer / collector with even a Pigeon knowledge of vinyl would never leave 45 this behind, it screams buy me. Those of us who have spent most of their lives looking for vinyl on both continents seem to agree it's pretty tough to find and this is my very first copy in almost 40 years of digging for vinyl.

BUTCH a proper real-deal collector didn't have it in his collection until recent years and he's certainly another man who's spent his life looking for records.

It puzzles me :rolleyes: how anyone can question it's rarity?

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Mannie

you must get Lisa to get her finger out its past mid-day and no sound clip?

you really need to sort her out

haha

been waitin all morning for it.

In antici..........................pation

the gasher

She's on the case in a few minutes..

Social source share

Guest Trevski

There's been two or three copies since it was uncovered Trev, hardly "copies surfacing". I doubt very much this will turn up in quantities sufficient enough to make this readily available to the wider collecting audience. Even the Third Soul Trio and the other Parliaments on the label command a price of 3/400 quid.

The label has been well known to collectors for a long tome now and if "Rainy Day" is not "that" rare as some have said why is it not already out there along with the other stuff on the label?

This is the copy that was on e-bay a while back.....

post-225-1195989751_thumb.jpg

3/£400- roll on the (rainy) day! :rolleyes:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

probably cause they are clueless John.

Not questioning its rarity, just hoping a few more surface! Butch, Sam, Kitch, plus this copy, and perhaps a few yet to be confirmed, maybe for us 'mere mortals' there may be a few more out there!

Roll on the day for what Trev? I noticed you edited and stuck Rainy in after Do you really think it will surface and come down to a price of 3/400 quid?

Not really, but hope is a wonderful thing! Kept me going all these years on this crazy scene! :rolleyes:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

Trev you'd get fed up with it if you could hear it any time you wanted :thumbup:

But let me know if you get one :rolleyes: a decent scan would be nice as well so I can set it as my background.

Well.... just played it for the 20th time, got me (dangerously) dancin' in the shower! Not fed up of it yet... but I'll let you know..... :D

(PS and before you ask..I have sworn not to pass it on, and I'm a man of my word, sorry!)

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

oh and Phil....just good :rolleyes: it's up there as one of the best discoveries in years, fantastic record. Packs the floor everytime it's played and rightly so.

Its an instant Northern Soul record in classic style. I usually hold back dancing to a record until I've heard it a few times and got a feel for it (personal thing). 2nd play, on hearing the counted intro and I was on the floor. As my old mate big Harry would say "proper Northern" :D

I can't see this turning up in numbers, Cabel aint unknown; any collector with this in their box would have spotted this as a dancefloor monster (grrrrrr) and many digging for tunes would pick up on anything unknown by any of the Parliments wouldnt they?

There's a cracking line in the lyrics: " I've stripped the pride of a many a young girl - now pain stares me in the eyes' got my mind in a whirl and baby baby this is my rainy day" :thumbup:

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

Its an instant Northern Soul record in classic style. I usually hold back dancing to a record until I've heard it a few times and got a feel for it (personal thing). 2nd play, on hearing the counted intro and I was on the floor. As my old mate big Harry would say "proper Northern" :rolleyes:

I can't see this turning up in numbers, Cabel aint unknown; any collector with this in their box would have spotted this as a dancefloor monster (grrrrrr) and many digging for tunes would pick up on anything unknown by any of the Parliments wouldnt they?

By the way they are NOT the same band as the George Clinton gang. But like you say just the name The Parliaments would be impossible to miss whilst browsing.

It is also "missing" from the "Harmony Singles Book" and "R&B Indies" surely this 45 needs no other validation than that!

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Not really, but hope is a wonderful thing! Kept me going all these years on this crazy scene! :rolleyes:

we all live in hope Trev, but the facts regarding this record and the label and the fact that the label has been well known to collectors and DJ's alike for years speak for its self.

Social source share

They are NOT the same band of the George Clinton gang BTW.

Thats right, if I was digging owt by any of the parliments (there's three or more with this name I've been told by some knowledgeable bods) I'd have a butchers :rolleyes:

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

oh and Phil....just good :rolleyes: it's up there as one of the best discoveries in years, fantastic record. Packs the floor everytime it's played and rightly so.

I totally agree Chalky.....However, when I had the chance to purchase this 45, I stuck to a limit on my offer, because I wasn't that bothered about owning it. I'm entitled to my opinion mate, and there are a lot of records I would rather own before this. If we all liked the same things, it would be a boring world.......I realise I'm in a minority here, but there you go.

Social source share

I totally agree Chalky.....However, when I had the chance to purchase this 45, I stuck to a limit on my offer, because I wasn't that bothered about owning it. I'm entitled to my opinion mate, and there are a lot of records I would rather own before this. If we all liked the same things, it would be a boring world.......I realise I'm in a minority here, but there you go.

never said you were not entitled to your opinion, I juts gave m,y opinion as others did in response to your opinion. I'm like you, I stick to the price I'm gonna or prepared to pay, well most times :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Common sense should tell you; would any dealer / collector with even a Pigeon knowledge of vinyl would never leave 45 this behind, it screams buy me. Those of us who have spent most of their lives looking for vinyl on both continents seem to agree it's pretty tough to find and this is my very first copy in almost 40 years of digging for vinyl.

BUTCH a proper real-deal collector didn't have it in his collection until recent years and he's certainly another man who's spent his life looking for records.

It puzzles me :rolleyes: how anyone can question it's rarity?

is it rare then john :thumbup:

Social source share

Ture.... and about a few others as well Ted....

Time will tell.... but as stated before, if the case with Parliaments then surely would have been found long before it was....

but they turned up pretty quickly and not much else on the label worth bothering with. The Cabell label already has a few collectable numbers that fetch a few hundred, thats the difference in this case.

Social source share

but they turned up pretty quickly and not much else on the label worth bothering with. The Cabell label already has a few collectable numbers that fetch a few hundred, thats the difference in this case.

That's why I made this comment Chalky....

if the case with Parliaments then surely would have been found long before it was....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert