Parliments On Jm's

Guest Trevski

I was replying in general to your first comment and Teds about Danny Moore.

Am I missing something? Or is negative thinking the new way to improve your collection.. ??

Edited by john manship
Social source share

• Replies 151
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest BigPaul

is it rare then john biggrin.gif

Dont know what all the fuss is about Terry :thumbsup::shhh::lol::lol::wub:

Its Fookin Brilliant. As a dancer (allegedly) it ticks all the boxes.

Might even bid meself so i can play it full blast when them noisy foreigners upstairs start playin there fookin foreign punk rock.

Good Luck To All

This gonna be one long Thread

Regards

Paul

Social source share

Guest BigPaul

Dont know what all the fuss is about Terry biggrin.gif:thumbsup::shhh::lol::lol:

Its Fookin Brilliant. As a dancer (allegedly) it ticks all the boxes.

Might even bid meself so i can play it full blast when them noisy foreigners upstairs start playin there fookin foreign punk rock.

Good Luck To All

This gonna be one long Thread

Regards

Paul

SoZ meant to Say As a dancer (allegedly) it ticks all my boxes

Social source share

Wot a tune, as everyone who knows me knows, this 45 IMVHO is the best dance discovery in the last 10 years, better than Joseph Webster, Margaret Little etc & they are superb. This is the only record, since I returned to the scene, that upon my very first hearing it played had me running to the dancefloor to really give it some & made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end & still has this effect now. :lol::lol:wacko.gif

I had the privelege of Mick H letting me have a good look over his copy & he then offered to play it for me & that was in the beergarden of a pub in Nottingham on a boozy Bank Holiday Sunday afternoon when the decks where perched on a garage base under a bit of poly tunnel, needless to say I declined as should an accident have happened I'd never have forgiven myself & I'm sure Mick wouldn't either. To me it's just the dogs bollox's & more, so whoever gets this 5th (?) copy please ensure you Dj at all the venues I attend, don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing it, must say JM's sound bit doesn't do it justice & I was suprised how good the flip was. thumbsup.gif

Ok I've finished drooling,

Spot. :shhh:

ps. Mp3 would be lovely. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Common sense should tell you; would any dealer / collector with even a Pigeon knowledge of vinyl would never leave 45 this behind, it screams buy me. Those of us who have spent most of their lives looking for vinyl on both continents seem to agree it's pretty tough to find and this is my very first copy in almost 40 years of digging for vinyl.

BUTCH a proper real-deal collector didn't have it in his collection until recent years and he's certainly another man who's spent his life looking for records.

It puzzles me :unsure: how anyone can question it's rarity?

Sadly I have to agree John, been looking for one of these for a few years.

Social source share

There's been two or three copies since it was uncovered Trev, hardly "copies surfacing". I doubt very much this will turn up in quantities ....The label has been well known to collectors for a long tome now

"Funny" thing is that it was me who got once outbid by Butch on ebay when he bought his copy. It was after I had purchased the other (great!) Parliaments on Capell. Not knowing this particular one I thought I better give it a go and was outbid by a few bucks with final price of about 160 USD sth. Obviously I never knew what I missed out on. I must have heared Butch play his Masqueraders C/UP every year at least twice or three times since then....then suddenly I had Lew`s tape in my hands and more importantly in my tape player...well, you can guess my surprise :unsure:

The attempt to get hold of this copy was useless and it resides now with Mick H, didn`t know Kitch and Sam were playing it also ?

Great record and bearing in mind that all the other stuff on Capell is not easy to come by I very much doubt quantity coming up in the near future...

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

One of the most mental intros to a record ever....as good if not better than the Mellow Souls for me personally. Bottled allnighter magic.

Anyone know what that Parliaments that was up for loads of money on ebay this weekend was like? It was on a green label and had been listed before for even more money......

Social source share

Anyone know what that Parliaments that was up for loads of money on ebay this weekend was like? It was on a green label and had been listed before for even more money......

Not heard it, I mailed the guy and he gave me his number to ring him up to listen over the phone. never bothered at the time.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Not heard it, I mailed the guy and he gave me his number to ring him up to listen over the phone. never bothered at the time.

This 45 is by the "real" Parliaments (=George Clinton). It`s a very nice Doowop/Group 45 but nth for a Soul night. Late 8ts saw a compilation LP of all the early Parliaments stuff which included this tune (plus flipside).

Marc

Social source share

This 45 is by the "real" Parliaments (=George Clinton). It`s a very nice Doowop/Group 45 but nth for a Soul night. Late 8ts saw a compilation LP of all the early Parliaments stuff which included this tune (plus flipside).

Marc

Thanks for that Marc. Don't suppose anyone got mp3's? or anymore details about the lp?

Social source share

Got one of those creative SoundBlaster s coming that converts your vinyl to mp3.

So if someone sends me the vinyl for this . Be happy to sort some mp3s for people . :wicked::huh:

Social source share

Marc

:huh: There you go ! lp = vinyl carvers :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

It just sold for £2,753

??? thought it didn't close til boxing day?? Whats going on?

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

no defo tonight

Really? Thought it was the day after boxin' day! Well, it thats the case, am I the only one that thinks it went ridiculously cheap, or is there somethin' I don't know, as usual! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Paul Brennan

I think it's

"I want some more, Lord!"

Similarly agree, always thought it was " I want some more, Love"

(could just be Freudian for me though) biggrin.gif

Paul

Social source share

to me this price looks like "reserve not met" ph34r.gif

That's what I thought. I'd like to know which records don't actually meet their reserve, but look like they sold for snip.

yeah, it's only slightly higher than when it was on ebay with the reserve not met.

I don't know what the seller expects, the record is VG.

Their expectation is probably based on the rumours of what previous copies have sold for (not on ebay etc). I was told that the first copy for sale  ('uncovered'), went for £8K!

Similarly agree, always thought it was " I want some more, Love"

That's it, love, not lord

Social source share

to me this price looks like "reserve not met" ph34r.gif

Hey hold on mate, you'll find the phone bidder was GINGER, and unlike a few people who passed unfounded comments on "PHONE BIDDER".

Ginger actually pays for his wins.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Hey hold on mate, you'll find the phone bidder was GINGER, and unlike a few people who passed unfounded comments on "PHONE BIDDER".

Cheers for that John. Didn't get the notification of the change of date from 27th to the 19th.

Why was that?

Social source share

Guest Trevski

By the way, what does the guy say on the intro? I've tried but can't work it out.

Take care, be safe & listen intently,

Spot. shades.gif

You might hear it on Friday if Ginger gets it in time Spot! :lol:wink.gif

Social source share

Cheers for that John. Didn't get the notification of the change of date from 27th to the 19th.

Why was that?

Lisa, unfortunately missed Wednesday the 19th off completely there was no records ending that week. She didn't spot the error until last week. So we just bumped all auction listing forward one week.

We did e-mail all the auction members twice last week to notify them. It must have worked because we were extremely busy, last night. Sorry if anyone missed it because of the date error.

NOTE: Next weeks auction does end on the THURSDAY 27th. as we figure you all have better things to occupy you on Boxing Day. Then it's back to Wednesday again.

Social source share

You might hear it on Friday if Ginger gets it in time Spot! shhh.gif:lol:

I think we'll send it to him today, registered so's he can play it. He ain't paid for it yet, but if you can't trust a Man U. fan who can you trust.

Social source share

hi john

all i am saying is its nice to know if a record doesnt meet its reserve and nothing else i am not suggesting anything untoward...some other auctions start at reserve prices ebay for example..i have been a phone bidder in the past

all the best for christmas biggrin.gif

Social source share

I think we'll send it to him today, registered so's he can play it. He ain't paid for it yet, but if you can't trust a Man U. fan who can you trust.

Top man John, that will make my night at Brighouse & I won't be to bored with all the repeat Oldies, let's see if this gets 'em dancing, cos it dam well will Gail & I. Can't believe it only went for that but you pays your money & takes your chance. :thumbup:

Simon if this is Butch's copy then it makes 5, if a new copy then it's 6 in total that we know of. :shhh:

And I'm sure he says, " A 2,A1 no more lord" but hey who's bothered, just dance. I knew Ginger had taste, now it'll break massive, even in Oldies rooms,Watch. :yes:

Take care, be safe,

Spot. :thumbup:

Social source share

And I'm sure he says, " A 2,A1 no more lord" but hey who's bothered, just dance. I knew Ginger had taste, now it'll break massive, even in Oldies rooms,Watch. :thumbup:

Take care, be safe,

Spot. :thumbup:

he either says A two or I too, and then I think it's I want some more and I can't quite make out if it's lord or love, sounds more like lord to these cloth ears :shhh:

Social source share

Simon if this is Butch's copy then it makes 5, if a new copy then it's 6 in total that we know of. :thumbup:

so 6 copies . Defo a Monster for the Gingers oldies room now . :thumbup:

Butch (the first one on ebay..please read my first post)

Mick H (Lew)

Kitch ( :shhh: )

Soul Sam (?...anyone confirm?)

Ginger (the second one on ebay / JM`s)

Not that it would matter, but that makes 5 and not 6. So far thats all we know for sure.

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Butch (the first one on ebay..please read my first post)

Mick H (Lew)

Kitch ( :thumbup: )

Soul Sam (?...anyone confirm?)

Ginger (the second one on ebay / JM`s)

Not that it would matter, but that makes 5 and not 6. So far thats all we know for sure.

Marc

Sam does have it - think he paid lots for it :thumbup: Doesn't Andy Dyson also have it?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert