Parliments On Jm's

Guest Trevski

Butch (the first one on ebay..please read my first post)

Mick H (Lew)

Kitch ( :thumbup: )

Soul Sam (?...anyone confirm?)

Ginger (the second one on ebay / JM`s)

Not that it would matter, but that makes 5 and not 6. So far thats all we know for sure.

Marc

there's one possibly two others out there :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 151
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

now you are making it up Simon :thumbup: .....or is he a US guy?

I have told Richard (honky) I hate him and never put out any more CDs, his last one cost me a fortune (by my standards) by extending my wants list, one record in particular and think I have bought a couple more that I first heard on the CD he put out as well. Think you can guess which one Steve :thumbup: .

QoFxx

Social source share

its true Steve there's a DJ Honky :thumbup: he bought a record on that Tuska lable you like for about £1900

He is a member on SS and guess what Steve, his name on here is honky............funny that isn't it :thumbup: . Really nice guy exchanged a few emails with him about a few records :shhh:

QoFxx

Social source share

He is a member on SS and guess what Steve, his name on here is honky............funny that isn't it :thumbup: . Really nice guy exchanged a few emails with him about a few records :thumbup:

QoFxx

Oh is he the guy that did the CD that everyone was raving about? Thought Simon was on a wind up!

Regards

DJ Duck Bill Platter-player

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I think its a Wrighty funky hunky special . Buddy something :lol:

Don't think he's got it, unless he's snuck one in under the radar! :unsure: He better not have anyway... :wicked:

I'm hoping Honky plays it NYE at Soul Revolution, it's the least he can do for outbidding me on it... :ohmy:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

there's one possibly two others out there :wicked:

I've had two USA group collectors let me know they've got it in their collection. Neither of them want to sell or auction, so it's immaterial really.

Social source share

I thought Simon was using cockney rhyming slang there describing him as a banker, but if this guy is a member, we must show him respect.

DJ Honky has got my total respect, knows exactly what records he wants to buy, knows want he wants to pay and has the means to back it up.

Very intelligent collector who has in recent years lifted and widened the collecting of rare-soul 45s to another level. But the thing I respect him for he doesn't follow the crowd or buy to impress, he only wants, what he feels will sit nicely into his set.

Certainly not a banker, he actually works in the oil industry, which doesn't rhyme with anything at all really.

PS he makes incredible Jam too.. that's the sticky type you put on toast.

Social source share

DJ Honky has got my total respect, knows exactly what records he wants to buy, knows want he wants to pay and has the means to back it up.

Very intelligent collector who has in recent years lifted and widened the collecting of rare-soul 45s to another level. But the thing I respect him for he doesn't follow the crowd or buy to impress, he only wants, what he feels will sit nicely into his set.

Certainly not a banker, he actually works in the oil industry, which doesn't rhyme with anything at all really.

Oh he'll be making a mint then in the next few years if he works in the oil industry. Wasn't dissing the guy - cos I don't know him - just thought Simon was on one of his wind ups. :thumbsup:

Social source share

He is also a very approachable bloke and doesn't mind me asking him stupid questions about records, cos my knowledge is very limited compared to some of you, Would love to actually hear him and meet him, no doubt he will be playing somewhere I am going sometime in the future.

QoFxx

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

He is also a very approachable bloke and doesn't mind me asking him stupid questions about records, cos my knowledge is very limited compared to some of you, Would love to actually hear him and meet him, no doubt he will be playing somewhere I am going sometime in the future.

QoFxx

Hi Chrissie, he's DJing NYE at Soul Revolution in London if you fancy snapping up one the 19 tickets I have left :thumbup:

And John Manship has summed up exactly why I'm honoured to have him DJing for us all at Soul Revolution NYE, his first appearance in the UK. He's a free thinking, forward thinking, unblinkered, open minded collector with fantastic taste, an ear for a tune and he knows how to rock a dance floor :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Chrissie, he's DJing NYE at Soul Revolution in London if you fancy snapping up one the 19 tickets I have left :thumbup:

And John Manship has summed up exactly why I'm honoured to have him DJing for us all at Soul Revolution NYE, his first appearance in the UK. He's a free thinking, forward thinking, unblinkered, open minded collector with fantastic taste, an ear for a tune and he knows how to rock a dance floor :thumbsup:

is he bringing some Jam ?

Social source share

He also put together a cracking quality double CD for free to everyone who wanted one on here and no doubt other sites, top man :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Chrissie, he's DJing NYE at Soul Revolution in London if you fancy snapping up one the 19 tickets I have left :shades:

And John Manship has summed up exactly why I'm honoured to have him DJing for us all at Soul Revolution NYE, his first appearance in the UK. He's a free thinking, forward thinking, unblinkered, open minded collector with fantastic taste, an ear for a tune and he knows how to rock a dance floor :thumbup:

Unfortunately NYE are always booked up for me, but will catch him sometime in the future :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert