Northern Soul Version Of Big Brother

You can tell i'm bored and what tripe television i watch, it's all crap pretty much ain't it? Celebrity this and that kind of shows and now with the return of Big Brother it got me thinking what if there was a Northern Soul version????? who would we most like to see in the house, or who would want to go in?

With some of the stick on here from time to time can you imagine if some people were locked in a small house for six weeks with all of us watching.....so from a funny humour point of view Brett would be the first in followed by Jamie, Rich Buckley perhaps Bexter as was, maybe Russ Winstanley oh then Soultown Andy...lol thats six, need a few ladies to even the balance.....lol Kola could moderate, Jumping Joan could take the dance classes, Mandy???????now what could Mandy do? whatever she likes i reckon....lol, then we could set tasks like see how long it would take before tempers flaired, who would do the cooking? who would DJ? WHO WOULD DO THE WASHING UP AND WHO WOULD MOP UP THE BLOOD????????

Can you imagine the conversations in there it would be fasinating!!!!!!!!

So the question is who would be your 12 Souls to enter the house, i suspect there will be some pretty varied and funny suggestions here, you can select anyone you like off the scene 6 ladies and 6 gentleman, suggest tasks,then we could nominate until we get a winner.

I've suggested 9 names off Soul Source just to make it fun but like i say you can suggest anyone, still it should be ok as we all get on don't we... need three more ladies to make up my 12, well need some more quality music alongside what Joan could provide so i'll go with Cookie, Alison and Jo Wallace...interesting...i'll get my coat.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Well you would have to have the leary Jock so Keb would be a cert, there also seems always to be a token Gay with attitude so i would suggest Ian Levine, Pete Smith and Roger Williams are a given. Cookie would be the first in there :shhh: I would also include Janine, Ali, Jo Wallace, KR, Ady, Gav Stearn, Rob Bailey and Russ W

Obviously this is totally hypothetical and i can not be responsible for the consequences of this fruitful gathering of luminairies :thumbsup:

Bet it would make good TV though :P

Pete French x ph34r.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Kolla

need a few ladies to even the balance.....lol Kola could moderate

link

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Mark - I'd much much prefer if I were one of the "Big Brothers" - I can do a really good Jordie accent if required!

K: Can Janine come to the diary room.

K: Janine as it's your birthday we're going to play "The Entertainer" on repeat for the 4 hours and you will also be allowed to have Blodwen for the day.

J: Wehhh hey! Thanks BB - Princess Nini approves!

Social source share

After much deliberation, and knowing my house mates as i do, i think the only responsible action, would be to agree wholeheartdly, and throw me out at the first given opportunity.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Jamie

You can tell i'm bored and what tripe television i watch, it's all crap pretty much ain't it? Celebrity this and that kind of shows and now with the return of Big Brother it got me thinking what if there was a Northern Soul version????? who would we most like to see in the house, or who would want to go in?

With some of the stick on here from time to time can you imagine if some people were locked in a small house for six weeks with all of us watching.....so from a funny humour point of view Brett would be the first in followed by Jamie, Rich Buckley perhaps Bexter as was, maybe Russ Winstanley oh then Soultown Andy...lol thats six, need a few ladies to even the balance.....lol Kola could moderate, Jumping Joan could take the dance classes, Mandy???????now what could Mandy do? whatever she likes i reckon....lol, then we could set tasks like see how long it would take before tempers flaired, who would do the cooking? who would DJ? WHO WOULD DO THE WASHING UP AND WHO WOULD MOP UP THE BLOOD????????

So the question is who would be your 12 Souls to enter the house, i suspect there will be some pretty varied and funny suggestions here, you can select anyone you like off the scene 6 ladies and 6 gentleman, suggest tasks,then we could nominate until we get a winner.

I've suggested 9 names off Soul Source just to make it fun but like i say you can suggest anyone, still it should be ok as we all get on don't we... need three more ladies to make up my 12, well need some more quality music alongside what Joan could provide so i'll go with Cookie, Alison and Jo Wallace...interesting...i'll get my coat.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

What the hell in blazes goes through your mind at 1:30 in the morning??? :shhh:

I'd go in, but we'd need to have some younger wimmin' for the 'love interest'. I mean, come on Mark, all those you picked are me Mams age ph34r.gif:thumbsup::P

[sound of quickly moving feet and diving for cover] Incoming!!!!

Jamie :thumbsup:

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

mr bicknell you forgot to add dave joiner in as a house mate :thumbsup:

Edited by Baz
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

What the hell in blazes goes through your mind at 1:30 in the morning??? :yes:

I'd go in, but we'd need to have some younger wimmin' for the 'love interest'. I mean, come on Mark, all those you picked are me Mams age  :shhh:   :thumbsup:   :P

[sound of quickly moving feet and diving for cover] Incoming!!!!

Jamie  ph34r.gif

link

Luckily for you Bongo is having a lie in this morning or there would be a whupping in the offing :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Luckily for you Bongo is having a lie in this morning or there would be a whupping in the offing  :thumbsup:

link

A 'full can' opened on me perchance??? :thumbsup:

Social source share

I suggest 'Rob the Stick' for the transgender/man in a frock vote.

With any luck, he could get someone to 'knock her hip out' fro him.

Now that would make for sick but compelling television.

WOOF!

link

:thumbsup: ive herd of him/her did he deal records

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Mark, This was an idea for a Neighbourhood fanzine many moons ago and as I remember it Roly had you as one of the first housemates with a supply of the special Betty LaVette 'smokes' just to add to the mayhem. We planned to call it 'Northern Big Soul Brother' we had more than enough nominations to fill a small village let alone a house. I'll save the embarrasment of naming names but it would have been captivating telly.

Social source share

Guest Jamie

thats a certain young mans pocket money stopped jamie me laddo :thumbsup:

bloody cheek you have kids older than mine :(   :shhh:

i cud not be in that house..i will kill em all :(

me :P

link

Yes you're right there my pretty!! Next you'll be telling me I don't look old enough :yes:

And talking my way out of it further, I would say that you are by far the youngest looking of the ladies in the house grovel, creep, creep :P

And all this talk of killing everyone - you're just a big pussycat really wicked.gif:thumbsup:

(If I do the washing up can I have my spends reinstated?? :P )

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

It would need to be a very large house to accomodate all the ego's on the scene :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Mark surprisingly enough we did this years ago :( although unintentionly :shades: I think the house consisted of Me,Pete Lawson,Darren.Prinny,Trina ,Martyn Mayler,Smiggy(in and out)Nick Birch and others popping in and out Tony Warot,Tony Smith, Gaz Keen very often on a saturday blush.gif not sure why but every one used to F´´off when the night came round(with big eyes)

Happy days..................oh and Trevor & Pauline,Soullie etc etc

Steve

link

Who'd be the first to be evicted Steve...some right characters in there blush.gif:D

Social source share

That would be great but can you imagine being locked up with Joan for that amount of time - my cheeks would be killing from all that laughter (Joan - remember the Snorkle at Prestatyn blush.gif )

My first discussion would be how to get Jamie back for the discrimatory remark about us 'young' ladies :shades:blush.gif

I would have to have Angela with me though Mark cos you know we're joined at the hip :D

Social source share

Yes you're right there my pretty!! Next you'll be telling me I don't look old enough  :D

And talking my way out of it further, I would say that you are by far the youngest looking of the ladies in the house grovel, creep, creep  :(

And all this talk of killing everyone - you're just a big pussycat really  :(   :D

(If I do the washing up can I have my spends reinstated??  :( )

link

no gettin out of this one..in fact an extra pound will be deducted for the sickening grovelling :shades:

the bitch is unforgiving blush.gifblush.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert