Top R&b Tunes Played In The Main Room

Donkit

Guest dundeedavie

wow wow wow i draw the line at new shit mate norah jones the worst. this sites called soul source not commercialized modern shite

have you read the rest of the thread ? clearly not ....the reply by me was to a post by cunnie

Social source share

• Replies 71
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

You know what after i'd contributed i went downstairs, made a cup of coffee and thought to myself 'why did i put sub-genre...?'

You're 100% right mate, twenty five odd years ago these were all played in the main room as northern soul alongside everything else, no one even mentioned R&B.

Sorry if you thought i meant that at your "sub-genre" remarks, as it wasn't. My answer was in general to the topic..I wholeheartedly agree with your comments, also, on things being played along-side each other and no mention of RnB.

And a lot of Main halls don't have it now, it seems 65 onward is Northern and before is RnB, Almost, I think....

Social source share

I have it from high authority that this is not an R&B record, but a Northern Soul record.

Ray Agee apparently woke up one fine sunny morning and decided he would hoppity skip to the recording studios and make his first and last Northern Soul record (before this scene of ours had even evolved).

So please do not include this in your dirty lists of R&B records.

It is not one and should never be tainted or labelled as such...

:yes:laugh.giflaugh.gif

Its ok Mace... Just spoke to the soul police and its Northern laugh.gif ....

All this is it RnB, is it Club soul, is it Northern, is is rhythm and soul, is it Jim Reeves, is it the Benny hill theme tunes etc etc ... The soul police are having sleepless nights trying to sort it all out...

Please have some respect for them..

I call it all... gritty, dirty, downtrodden, ghetto blues from the gutters of hell...... Simple as biggrin.gif

Edited by little-stevie
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Curtis lee - is she in your town

Bud harper - wherever you were

Peppermint Harris - wait until it happens to you

Edited by dundeedavie
Social source share

Don't know if this or similar as been posted before ?

What are the top R&B tunes ( past and present ) to be played in the Main Room's of Northern Soul Night's ?

Five Royals - Catch That Teardrop

Ted Taylor - Somebody's Always Trying

Marlena Shaw - Let's Wade In The Water

Would these fit that category for starters ? I know there are many more.

Don

Bit confused :yes: Top and r n b dont go together tongue.gif

Steve

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

i wondered why you put sub-genre too , it's a totally different genre and don't anyone get all uppity about it cos anyone who knows me knows i believe this

I'd agree with this, northern soul is a broad church containing lots of genres, garage, pop, soul, RnB etc..

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Sorry if you thought i meant that at your "sub-genre" remarks, as it wasn't. My answer was in general to the topic..I wholeheartedly agree with your comments, also, on things being played along-side each other and no mention of RnB.

And a lot of Main halls don't have it now, it seems 65 onward is Northern and before is RnB, Almost, I think....

Yeah i knew you weren't replying to me, your comment made me think so i included it. :yes:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

whilst l love a bit of uptempo r&b dance music..........YOU'RE ALL AVIN A LAUGH......THERES ONLY ONE MIND BENDING,FLOOR SHAKIN....DANCE MAKIN .....UPTEMPO R&B DANCER THATS PLAYED AND HAS BEEN FOR SOMETIME

DEWY FOOKIN BLACK....TAKE LOVE WHERE I FIND IT!!!!!!! NOW THATS A TUNE :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 11 years later...
On 30/04/2009 at 17:49, Matt Male said:

Guitar Slim - That's What It's All About

Ted Taylor - Daddy's Baby

The Enchantments - I'm In Love With Your Daughter

Jimmy Frazier - Hopes Dreams and Tombstones

Irma and Fascinators - Lost Love

Barbara Lynn - This Is The Thanks I Get

Bobby Bland - Honey Child

Jr. Wells - I'm Gonna Cramp Your Style

Ruby Lee - I'm Gonna Put A Watch On You

Vernon Harrell and Little Gigi - Baby Dontcha Worry

Dickey and Gloria - Mr Clean

Loads more, just makes me realise what a great sub-genre of the scene this is.

Junior wells , i onky heard that for the first time about two years ago

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert