• Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hurry up

trying to watch MOTD2

Right. Her Northern tune as I've already said is on a label with loads of Northern stuff. At least two of the guesses so far are on the label. I can tell you where the label is from

I think, unlike some of our previous quizes, It may not be immediately obvious that she's white. I'm sure I hadn't sussed it at Wigan, although with retrospect you can tell easily.

Social source share

Right. Her Northern tune as I've already said is on a label with loads of Northern stuff. At least two of the guesses so far are on the label. I can tell you where the label is from

I think, unlike some of our previous quizes, It may not be immediately obvious that she's white. I'm sure I hadn't sussed it at Wigan, although with retrospect you can tell easily.

dottie camebridge

Social source share

was her big hit bootlegged or legal reissue?

Do you mean her US hit or the big Northern tune? I think the hit got a reissue or two including one on Startdust.

Her Northern tune was definitely booted though. And there are a couple of label comps on CD and I'm sure they are boots too.

Social source share

Right, its mine....Janie Grant, great clue..:P

Well done Chris!

Don't know which clue it was but congratulations on working it out. Thought I was gonna have to spill the beans this week.

Janie Grant.

First hit triangle on Caprice in 1961 made US top 30

Last 45 "My Heart Your Heart" Parkway 1966

Couple of records came out on Pye UK but none charted

'Tell Me Mama' was covered by Leeds girl, Christine Quaite

Once again well done Big Chris and a massive thanks to everyone who took part. This is a great way to end the weekend and I really appreciate all the forum members who get in the spirit and have a knock

Goodnight all :thumbsup:

Godz

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=TnS8Y52xi68

and for comparison, her '61 hit - Triangle

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Well done Chris!

Don't know which clue it was but congratulations on working it out. Thought I was gonna have to spill the beans this week.

Janie Grant.

First hit triangle on Capricorm in 1961 made US top 30

Last 45 "My Heart Your Heart" Parkway 1966

Couple of records came out on Pye UK but none charted

'Tell Me Mama' was covered by Leeds girl, Christine Quaite

Once again well done Big Chris and a massive thanks to everyone who took part. This is a great way to end the weekend and i really appreciate all the forum members who get in the spirit and have a knock

Good night all thumbup.gif

Godz

Well done Chris good.gif

Suz

x

Social source share

Guest mickeyb

whatever that means sounds ,.sounds way to tec hnical to me, yes.gif and with the amount of ale ive had, its taking me all my time t type this,..sour grapes i think ..Cheers Paul thumbup.gif

No Sour Grapes Paul - honest whistling.gif . Spent 2 drunken hours trawling the net and first Janie Grant photo I get to is the one Godzilla's used! Well done and look forward to competing next week - alcohol permitting. Time for bed. Best.

Social source share

No Sour Grapes Paul - honest whistling.gif . Spent 2 drunken hours trawling the net and first Janie Grant photo I get to is the one Godzilla's used! Well done and look forward to competing next week - alcohol permitting. Time for bed. Best.

same ere, nite nite mate :P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert