E Bay Massive Collection

• Replies 38
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dont think he is, i see him at The Uni in Bournemouth Saturday night and yeah he is very cosher and legit and that collection is a bargin he knows he stuff good.gif

Social source share

I know Vince very well.Just been speaking to him on the phone.The man loves his soul music whether its Northern,Sweet,Funk or whatever.There are some absolute beauties in there believe me.

Will be round there hopefully this week.I believe he's going to start listing them separately from this saturday if there's no bids.

Saw what he had in his box on sat night at Bournemouth Uni do and just wish I hadn't had to fork out to get the car through MOT this week.

Vince is a member on here but doesn't post often.

Dave.

Social source share

john manship springs to mind if you want to sell a collection fast.....

also

if he' got good 500GP records its lttle effort for a big reward just listing them one by one.

the james bell in the piture would fetch a good price and there must be plenty more of that quality by the sounds of it.

Social source share

I certainly know who the Castle pressing plates belonged to (remember him coming back from John Anderson's with them along with genuine Studio acetates of Betty Turner and the Vondells) and I'm pretty sure he won't have sold them - he always had some amazing stuff - and a great love of huge Cadillacs - great chap and a mate I really miss seeing, didn't know he'd moved from Yate though - but not seen him for about 10 years.

Dave

PS Sorry didn't see someone had let the cat out of the bag - it's defo Vince Ayers.

Edited by DaveNPete
Social source share

hi,thanks for all your kind remarks and a particular hi to dave and pete hope you are well.Long time no see!!

Just sent you a message via eBay - anyway really hope you and your's are doing well - we're up in swinging Carlisle now - not going out much - to busy with work and being middle aged.

All the very best

Dave

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Pretty impressive, as he's in Poole in Dorset & that's where I originate from I reckon I should get a discount of.....let's say 48,500, can get me dad to pick them up no probs...lol

Baz

just seen this fantastic lookin collection on e bay ,just curious is vinsoul a member on hereg.gif

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3356aaffd8

Social source share

Pretty impressive, as he's in Poole in Dorset & that's where I originate from I reckon I should get a discount of.....let's say 48,500, can get me dad to pick them up no probs...lol

Baz

does that mean I should get a bigger discount than you Baz as he lives in the Parkstone area of Poole - not only that, he is in Cacker Canyon, where I was actually born :thumbup:

good luck with the sale Vince :thumbsup:

N.B. for definition of Cacker Canyon please see https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cacker

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

Just thinking of a matter of perspective in the ccccccrrrrazyyyyy world of northern soul vinyl. How much did Frank Wilson go for a few months ago?!! What would you you sooner own, this lot or that? Imagine the months playing them through with a few friends sat around.

On a note of wonderful coincidence I wrote my partner a cheque yesterday for £50,000 as part contribution on a house we're buying, how pi**ed do you think she would be if I cancelled it?boxing.gif

Edited by Dean
Social source share

Just thinking of a matter of perspective in the ccccccrrrrazyyyyy world of northern soul vinyl. How much did Frank Wilson go for a few months ago?!! What would you you sooner own, this lot or that? Imagine the months playing them through with a few friends sat around.

On a note of wonderful coincidence I wrote my partner a cheque yesterday for £50,000 as part contribution on a house we're buying, how pi**ed do you think she would be if I cancelled it?boxing.gif

i wouldn't care how p***ed of she would be - i'd cancel and spend the money on the important things in life :thumbup:

Social source share

He might have a chance of selling them if he told us what they were!

thumbsup.gif

It does limit potential buyers if the only way to find out what is included is to pop down to Dorset in the next 10 9 days. Also, it is a lot of money to put together quickly together with transport and storage etc.

I would possibly be interested but it is a bit of a punt without a full list and when there may be only a couple of hundred really good records in that 10,000 - you could be left with a few thousand unsaleable records. My missis would kill me too. sad.gif

My advice would be to split them into blocks of 20 or 50, all listed, and then put them on ebay over a few months. More chance of selling, probably more money made and each lot would be postable. Sprinkle the best records in with the lesser ones to give more chance of a sale.

Best of luck with the sale though Vince, it would be a nice result if you sell them like that.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

You don't work for RELATE by any chance do you no.gif ? Still, sound advise, you should yes.gif

Family Support Worker but hey, when it comes to records i'd sell my granny for a good old stompin' 60's track :yes:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I clicked WATCH and then s**t myself a few minutes later when i thought i'd clicked BUY IT NOW by mistake sweatingbullets.gif

This would be a good weekend for tha lottery win i deserve. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Conceded Mike, although I hail from Parkstone, you're just that tad bit closer....I blame me parents then!

KTF

Baz

does that mean I should get a bigger discount than you Baz as he lives in the Parkstone area of Poole - not only that, he is in Cacker Canyon, where I was actually born shhh.gif

good luck with the sale Vince thumbsup.gif

N.B. for definition of Cacker Canyon please see https://www.urbandict...php?term=Cacker

Social source share

hi again, my collection has created a huge amount of interest which was the main idea behind the auction as there's only a small chance that anyone has this kind of money.With this in mind if anyone is interested in trawling over my records after the auction please feel free to get in touch with me,all the best vince.

Social source share

thumbsup.gif

It does limit potential buyers if the only way to find out what is included is to pop down to Dorset in the next 10 9 days. Also, it is a lot of money to put together quickly together with transport and storage etc.

I would possibly be interested but it is a bit of a punt without a full list and when there may be only a couple of hundred really good records in that 10,000 - you could be left with a few thousand unsaleable records. My missis would kill me too. sad.gif

My advice would be to split them into blocks of 20 or 50, all listed, and then put them on ebay over a few months. More chance of selling, probably more money made and each lot would be postable. Sprinkle the best records in with the lesser ones to give more chance of a sale.

Best of luck with the sale though Vince, it would be a nice result if you sell them like that.

Cheers

Paul

Yes I agree with that, think there was a guy doing exact same on ebay within last 3 years called lotsofrecords, seem to remember he dangled a few carrots in lots of 10/20 sets., think I even bought a few.

ATB Steverolleyes.gif

P.S. Way I'm feeling at present, may well be joining you soon. thumbsup.gif

Edited by upthejunction
Social source share

hi again, my collection has created a huge amount of interest which was the main idea behind the auction as there's only a small chance that anyone has this kind of money.With this in mind if anyone is interested in trawling over my records after the auction please feel free to get in touch with me,all the best vince.

Come on Vince - post up some of what you've got hidden in there. Can only help with a sale thumbup.gif

And make those of us with no money pig sick :thumbsup:

Social source share

any uk stuff eg early motown stuff in there vince

Social source share

Come on Vince - post up some of what you've got hidden in there. Can only help with a sale thumbup.gif

And make those of us with no money pig sick laugh.gif

hi joan,hope you're well,i presume there can only be one "jumping joan?just grabbed a handful>

steptones- lonely one-diamond jim

bobby wright-baby i need you-judith

moses dillard-pretty as a picture

sandy wynns-ill give that to you-simco

joan baker-everybodys talking-diamond

Social source share

Guest Catfish

think id take a chance, being single with 50 grands worth of soul records sounds so appealingthumbup.gif

Yes, so tempting! Would be a crazy thing to do. Or maybe not. Remembering James T's thread about records as an investment put next to what's happened to the shock market in the last year, it doesn't seem such a bad idea!

m

Edited by Catfish
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!