Talk Of The South Christmas Special Sat 19 Dec

Guest matt tees

Guest matt tees

So looking forward to what promises to be a cracker of a night,plenty of Santa Soul to get you in the spirit

and with Forest heading to the premier League,and Grimsby going into the conference me and Sean will certainly be celebrating in style,

so till the 19Th

B Good

Mick H

Forest were lucky again and I have to have faith in GTFC staying up!!!!!!!! Great lineup esp with that Lad from Nottingham on the Bill!!

• Replies 139
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest matt tees

Just over 10 Days to go to the TOTS Christmas Special and the response for tickets has been staggering. This will be without doubt the biggest attendance in nearly 9 years of promoting TOTS, then again it should be with a Monster DJ lineup of some of the best UK DJs, with an added second room and a 3am finish. This is gonna be another TOTS occasion!! I have had a chat with some of main players on the night and they have given me a flavour of what to expect in their sets.

Mick Smith has been one of the soul scene's real characters, a spiv, looks like a Mexican and an absolute Top Record Dealer and not a bad bloke either!!. First DJ spot was back in 1977 in Bedford, since those halycon days of northern soul Mick has Djayed at Stafford. Yate. Bristol, Cheltenham, Howard Mallett, Letchworth, Keele, Brighouse, Burnley, Glasgow, Cleethorpes, Norwich, and more. Mick was a resident at the Keele All Nighter for many years and of course Mick is still resident at the Famous 100 club All Nighter (The longest ruuning all nighter in the world). After asking Mick about 100 times, He has finally agreed to DJay at TOTS and I am dead chuffed!! Expect to hear some of these on the night.

Young Brothers-What's Your Game

Walter Wilson-Love Keeps Me Crying

Eric Mercury-Lonely Girl.

Mr. Lucky-Born To Love You.

Andy Fisher-My Heart's Beating Stronger

Edited by matt tees
Guest matt tees

Just over 10 Days to go to the TOTS Christmas Special and the response for tickets has been staggering. This will be without doubt the biggest attendance in nearly 9 years of promoting TOTS, then again it should be with a Monster DJ lineup of some of the best UK DJs, with an added second room and a 3am finish. This is gonna be another TOTS occasion!! I have had a chat with some of main players on the night and they have given me a flavour of what to expect in their sets.

Mick Smith has been one of the soul scene's real characters, a spiv, looks like a Mexican and an absolute Top Record Dealer and not a bad bloke either!!. First DJ spot was back in 1977 in Bedford, since those halycon days of northern soul Mick has Djayed at Stafford. Yate. Bristol, Cheltenham, Howard Mallett, Letchworth, Keele, Brighouse, Burnley, Glasgow, Cleethorpes, Norwich, and more. Mick was a resident at the Keele All Nighter for many years and of course Mick is still resident at the Famous 100 club All Nighter (The longest ruuning all nighter in the world). After asking Mick about 100 times, He has finally agreed to DJay at TOTS and I am dead chuffed!! Expect to hear some of these on the night.

Young Brothers-What's Your Game

Walter Wilson-Love Keeps Me Crying

Eric Mercury-Lonely Girl.

Mr. Lucky-Born To Love You.

Andy Fisher-My Heart's Beating Stronger

Pete Hulatt has one of the best collections in the UK and has some serious tunage in his box!!!First spot was way back in 1973 (I was only 14 at the time and still wearing shorts) at the Black Horse Leighton Buzzard. Pete's Residencies over the years have included Kempston Rovers, Va Va Voom, Letchworth Irish Club, Keele, Bedford Ath. Pete has also Djayed in Madrid Spain and Pisa Italy. Pete has also played at the 100 Club, Cleethorpes Weekenders, Middleton All Nighter, Prestatyn Weekender, The Dome, United sound of soul and many more. Pete lists the 100club as his Fav DJ spot. Pete has Djayed at TOTS on a couple of occasions.

Ray Agee I'm Losing Again,

Ty Karim You Yust Don't Know,

The Preludes Deeper Than That,

Eddie Daye & the 4 Bars Guess Who Loves You,

George Pepp The Feeling Is Real.

Nige Brown from Stafford is without doubt one of the nicest guys on the soul scene, and also a quite superb DJ, a man for all occasions, who can play at any time at any place and in any room, such versality Young Man!! What you might not know is that Nige is one of the 3 Amigos, but that is another story. Nige has djayed simply everywhere that is anywhere. Nige is currently resident at the Stoke Kings Hall All Nighter, Whitby, Blackpool and Torquay weekenders, Soulvation Rugeley and possibly a few more which I have not got to hand. Nige has Djayed on several occasions at TOTS and it is great to have him back with us.

Vernon Garrett – Slow And Easy

Fantastics-Me & You

Shirley Karol-Just To Make You Happy

Soulville All Stars-I'm Gonna Get To You

Lil Major Williams-Girl Don't Leave Me

So with these guys on the decks plus Mick H, Chrissie, Martin RnBMan, Warren Boogaloo, Pete and Kris Tebbutt plus that Chapman Tosser you know you are in for a great and entertaining night. All that is left to say is BRING IT ON Ladies and Gents!

Edited by matt tees
Guest matt tees

Pete Hulatt has one of the best collections in the UK and has some serious tunage in his box!!!First spot was way back in 1973 (I was only 14 at the time and still wearing shorts) at the Black Horse Leighton Buzzard. Pete's Residencies over the years have included Kempston Rovers, Va Va Voom, Letchworth Irish Club, Keele, Bedford Ath. Pete has also Djayed in Madrid Spain and Pisa Italy. Pete has also played at the 100 Club, Cleethorpes Weekenders, Middleton All Nighter, Prestatyn Weekender, The Dome, United sound of soul and many more. Pete lists the 100club as his Fav DJ spot. Pete has Djayed at TOTS on a couple of occasions.

Ray Agee I'm Losing Again,

Ty Karim You Yust Don't Know,

The Preludes Deeper Than That,

Eddie Daye & the 4 Bars Guess Who Loves You,

George Pepp The Feeling Is Real.

Nige Brown from Stafford is without doubt one of the nicest guys on the soul scene, and also a quite superb DJ, a man for all occasions, who can play at any time at any place and in any room, such versality Young Man!! What you might not know is that Nige is one of the 3 Amigos, but that is another story. Nige has djayed simply everywhere that is anywhere. Nige is currently resident at the Stoke Kings Hall All Nighter, Whitby, Blackpool and Torquay weekenders, Soulvation Rugeley and possibly a few more which I have not got to hand. Nige has Djayed on several occasions at TOTS and it is great to have him back with us.

Vernon Garrett - Slow And Easy

Fantastics-Me & You

Shirley Karol-Just To Make You Happy

Soulville All Stars-I'm Gonna Get To You

Lil Major Williams-Girl Don't Leave Me

So with these guys on the decks plus Mick H, Chrissie, Martin RnBMan, Warren Boogaloo, Pete and Kris Tebbutt plus that Chapman Tosser you know you are in for a great and entertaining night. All that is left to say is BRING IT ON Ladies and Gents!

Just a few tickets are left, please note you must have a ticket to get in!!!! 8 Days and counting!!!

Guest Mrs Simsy

Just a few tickets are left, please note you must have a ticket to get in!!!! 8 Days and counting!!!

Aargh! Can you save me 3 please? How do we pay for them?:thumbup:

Guest Mrs Simsy

Hi Kylee. Tickets £9 each. Paypal chapmanrecords@btinternet.com or cheque made payable to Sean Chapman 13 Heol Lodwig. Church Village. Pontypridd. CF38 1TJ

Thanks Sean, will get that sorted asap.:thumbsup:

We've got our tickets, yippee, thanks Sean for the very efficient service smile.gif

But we haven't got a sitter yet sad.gif

So, currently trying to decide on a fair method for selecting whether myself or Mr Price gets to come along with a friend of their choice... g.gif

Good luck T!biggrin.gif

We've got our tickets, yippee, thanks Sean for the very efficient service smile.gif

But we haven't got a sitter yet sad.gif

So, currently trying to decide on a fair method for selecting whether myself or Mr Price gets to come along with a friend of their choice... g.gif

Good luck T!biggrin.gif

My husband says that my proposed method of deciding isn't fair. I thought it was very reasonable.

Wrestle naked in whipped cream and the first person to get an erection loses thumbup.gif

Guest Pete Bennett

My husband says that my proposed method of deciding isn't fair. I thought it was very reasonable.

Wrestle naked in whipped cream and the first person to get an erection loses thumbup.gif

Bloody hell he must really love his northern soul!!!!!!!!!! shades.gif

Do you both get to choose who you wrestle with wicked.gif

I'll see one of you next Sat then. thumbup.gif

Guest outonthefloor

Oooo Tabs will we being having a christmas tipple with ya matey? xxxx

Stayed in last night for a change so Im sooooo up for this. Cant think of many nicer people Id like to celebrate with xx Roll on the 19th xx

Helen

xx

Morning Helen,

I'm sure a tipple or two could be the order of the night.thumbup.gif

Had the tickets since Sean first advertised them.

So the Banbury 3 will be making the long trek to Luton.

Will be a cracker, and a great DJ line up.

See you next week.

Hugs and stuff.

Tabs

Guest matt tees

Morning Helen,

I'm sure a tipple or two could be the order of the night.thumbup.gif

Had the tickets since Sean first advertised them.

So the Banbury 3 will be making the long trek to Luton.

Will be a cracker, and a great DJ line up.

See you next week.

Hugs and stuff.

Tabs

Hi Tabs, great to see you last night at Oxford, a really good night. Now looking forward to seeing you three weeks in a row!!!

People will be talking about us laugh.gif

Hoping to get to the early sessions as well.

See you at The Royal for some more Christmas magic.thumbup.gif

Hi Tabs, great to see you last night at Oxford, a really good night. Now looking forward to seeing you three weeks in a row!!!

Really looking forward to Sat night - should be a blinder. Thought I'd post up some tunes that I might be spinning in the RnB room.

Tobi Lark - Sweep it out in the shed - Topper

Gene McDaniels - Sweet lover no more - Columbia

Bobby Valentin - Use It Before You Lose It--Fania

Hector Rivera - Chance for romance - Barry

Jackie Weaver - The Tingle - Chess

Little Eddie Taylor - I had a good time - Peacock

BB Brown - I weep - Dit Dot

Hello Blues - LaCharles McCoy - AMC

King Coleman - Black bottom blues - Philips

Liberation Street Singers - Love is in the air - Pentagram

Jessie Mae - Don't freeze on me - DRA

Anna Belle Ceasar - Little Annie - Vergara

Sam Chapman - Nobody but me - Boss

Serri Taylor - He's the one that rings my bell - Gloreco

Gospel pearls - two little fishes (liberty)

Carl Lester - When you see me cry - Brent

Jack Costanzo - Don't squeeze the peaches - Tico

Manny Corchado - Pow Wow - Decca

Charles Sheffield - Voodoo working - Excello

Ernie Fields - Workin' out - Reo

Jo Ann Henderson - Baby please don't go - phonograph

Ted Taylor - Someone's always trying - Okeh

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

Really looking forward to Sat night - should be a blinder. Thought I'd post up some tunes that I might be spinning in the RnB room.

Tobi Lark - Sweep it out in the shed - Topper

Gene McDaniels - Sweet lover no more - Columbia

Bobby Valentin - Use It Before You Lose It--Fania

Hector Rivera - Chance for romance - Barry

Jackie Weaver - The Tingle - Chess

Little Eddie Taylor - I had a good time - Peacock

BB Brown - I weep - Dit Dot

Hello Blues - LaCharles McCoy - AMC

King Coleman - Black bottom blues - Philips

Liberation Street Singers - Love is in the air - Pentagram

Jessie Mae - Don't freeze on me - DRA

Anna Belle Ceasar - Little Annie - Vergara

Sam Chapman - Nobody but me - Boss

Serri Taylor - He's the one that rings my bell - Gloreco

Gospel pearls - two little fishes (liberty)

Carl Lester - When you see me cry - Brent

Jack Costanzo - Don't squeeze the peaches - Tico

Manny Corchado - Pow Wow - Decca

Charles Sheffield - Voodoo working - Excello

Ernie Fields - Workin' out - Reo

Jo Ann Henderson - Baby please don't go - phonograph

Ted Taylor - Someone's always trying - Okeh

ALL TOP TUNES WARREN REALLY PLEASED WE HAVE YOUR UNDOUBTABLE QUALITY WITH US ON A SELL OUT NIGHT.

Guest matt tees

Sat afternoon early session at the Royal (for early arrivals) takes place starting at 3pm-6ish!!

3. - 3.45 Carmen + Nige Brown

3.45 - 4.30 Steve Clark

4.30 - 5.15 Mark Johnson

5.15 - 6 Tom Howard

Any of you Guys djaying please give us a taster of what you are likely to play!!!

Guest matt tees

Mick H one of the Top Spinners on the worldwide soul spin has agreed to play a few for us at TOTS. Not a stranger to Luton having appeared on three previous occasions, so you know you can expect a Top Of The Class set. Mick I am sure will be in good spirits with his beloved Notts Forest sitting in a play off position and doin the business on the footy pitch. Expect to hear some of these little beauties on the night:

Mello Souls

Eddie Parker

Margaret Little

Esther Grant

Ravens

Edited by matt tees
Guest matt tees

Mick H one of the Top Spinners on the worldwide soul spin has agreed to play a few for us at TOTS. Not a stranger to Luton having appeared on three previous occasions, so you know you can expect a Top Of The Class set. Mick I am sure will be in good spirits with his beloved Notts Forest sitting in a play off position and doin the business on the footy pitch. Expect to hear some of these little beauties on the night:

Mello Souls

Eddie Parker

Margaret Little

Esther Grant

Ravens

Chrissie from Bedford will be spinning an early set 7.30 - 8.15 and I wonder what she will be putting on the decks?????

Edited by matt tees
Guest matt tees

Mick Smith will be appearing at TOTS for his debut will be doing an early set so make sure you get there early!!!!

Mick will be on from 8.15-9.00 and then his main spot will later in the evening

Guest matt tees

The afternoon chill out session is looking good!!!!!

Mello Souls

Eddie Parker

Margaret Little

Esther Grant

Ravens

Well pleased you've got Mick H on again Sean,not only got some great tunes,but funny as f--k after a few of his favourite JD'S:whistling:.

MAZ

Sat afternoon early session at the Royal (for early arrivals) takes place starting at 3pm-6ish!!

3.45 - 4.30 Steve Clark

4.30 - 5.15 Mark Johnson

5.15 - 6 Tom Howard

Any of you Guys djaying please give us a taster of what you are likely to play!!!

Hi Sean,

you wanted chill out, here's some I'll be spinning

Millionaire's - No Achievement

Jacqueline Jones - Frown on my face

Kittie Doswell - Just a face in the crowd

Little Samson - Don't take your love

Leonard Adair - That smile upon your face

Gil Billingsley - I'm me just me

I'm not revealing anymore , you'll have to wait and see wicked.gifwicked.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

ATB Steve

Guest matt tees

Well pleased you've got Mick H on again Sean,not only got some great tunes,but funny as f--k after a few of his favourite JD'S:whistling:.

MAZ

Maz, I am shocked, Mick told me he was Tee Total and never touches the stuff!! Flippin Liar!!!

Guest matt tees

Hi Sean,

you wanted chill out, here's some I'll be spinning

Millionaire's - No Achievement

Jacqueline Jones - Frown on my face

Kittie Doswell - Just a face in the crowd

Little Samson - Don't take your love

Leonard Adair - That smile upon your face

Gil Billingsley - I'm me just me

I'm not revealing anymore , you'll have to wait and see wicked.gifwicked.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

ATB Steve

Steve Looking GOD!!!!!

:laugh:

Over to Carms ,,, im just the play box carrier!!!!whistling:wink:

I like Chrissie will be playing records :ph34r: of all styles ... I like the idea of a bit of funk ....you got ...you got it ....you know you got sssssssssssssoul. It shall be a party party atmo , lets just hope its not just a party of dj's at the start :laugh: mind you we can all show each other our new bits and bobs while we get in the groove :king:

Anyway lady never shows all her assets too quickly layers baby whistling:innocent:

Martin and what are you looking to spin YOUNG MAN!!!

I went to a friends last night and took a box of tunes and asked her to let me know what would and what wouldn't getting her shakin' her booty....

A few artists that did the trick for her were... Etta James, Slim Harpo, Freddy King, Lula Reed, Paulette Parker, Peggy Paxton, Buddy Ace, Little Willie John, Irma Thomas, Pearl Woods, Barbara Dane, The Dominoes, .......

I went to a friends last night and took a box of tunes and asked her to let me know what would and what wouldn't getting her shakin' her booty....

A few artists that did the trick for her were... Etta James, Slim Harpo, Freddy King, Lula Reed, Paulette Parker, Peggy Paxton, Buddy Ace, Little Willie John, Irma Thomas, Pearl Woods, Barbara Dane, The Dominoes, .......

Oi you, I'm playing the Pearl Woods, if it's the one I'm thinking oftongue.gif

QoFxx

Sean you should know Chrissie by now, I've got two words Mamsey & Pamsey rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifthumbup.gif

Sorry to dissapoint you Steve but no MP this Saturday tongue.gif . Well maybe one or two for old times sake whistling.gifit would be just rude not toyes.gif maybe Liz Verdi , Terri Bryant and Rozetta Johnson but that will be about it on the MP front, still all female but just not MPthumbsup.gif

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Guest matt tees

Some nice stuff Martin, reckon the RnB, Ska, boogaloo, 60ts Classic, Motown room is goin to be HOT!!

Guest matt tees

3.45 - 4.30 Steve Clark

4.30 - 5.15 Mark Johnson

5.15 - 6 Tom Howard

Terry Dempsey has been added to the chill out session 6-6.45. well done that man!

Guest matt tees

Oi you, I'm playing the Pearl Woods, if it's the one I'm thinking oftongue.gif

QoFxx

Chrissie different rooms and your on first so you can play what you want!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest matt tees

So looking forward to what promises to be a cracker of a night,plenty of Santa Soul to get you in the spirit

and with Forest heading to the premier League,and Grimsby going into the conference me and Sean will certainly be celebrating in style,

so till the 19Th

B Good

Mick H

Mick, hopefully GTFC will stay up and the Bluebirds will pip Forest to the Prem!!!

Source Advert