2010-10-15: Nysc Scarborough Weekender 15/17Th Oct 2010

Guest tony hatfield

hi rob

what is the format for the weekend just looking for hotels not sure on 2 nights or three what are the times for the sunday sesions

can you access the spa by walking along the promenade or do you have to go via the lift

john

ch it alo

Ouuuccchhhhh..knee still playing up so missed the weekends fun and frolics yet again..

We can post tickets out for anyone wanting them from us..

As before a word of warning about the venue capacity, there are only 1,000 tickets available for this event, we know over half those have already been sold (and many more as well) if you have asked sellers to Hold tickets PLEASE GET THEM PAID FOR-with just over 8 weeks until this inaugural event--the buzz on it is tremendous.

Remember tickets are limited so please purchase ASAP to be sure of getting in as we can not exceed limits due to on going renovations/ refurbishments in other rooms at the Scarborough Spa.

Tickets ONLY £25 for a full weekend !!!

Rob

• Replies 294
  • Views 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest soulmaguk

hi rob

what is the format for the weekend just looking for hotels not sure on 2 nights or three what are the times for the sunday sesions

can you access the spa by walking along the promenade or do you have to go via the lift

john

ch it alo

hi john,

You can walk down through the italian gardens from the south cliff area, there are various routes down to the the Spa. its a laugh on the lift though when youv'e had a few ales. As we live on the south cliff we use the lift regular to come up rather than down, but it's definately quicker by lift.

Jock

hi rob

john

ch it alo

We are overdue a visit John

from what I recall you can get to the spa off the south ? promenade the lift obviously takes you straight there.

I'm afraid its Taxi's for me if the lift ain't working:laugh:and i have a "Box carrier" as well FFS:no:

The format will be 2 am finish (might be slightly longer nearer the time) Fri & Sat nights

There's the Saturday afternoon session 12 to 5.00

Then the Sunday all dayer finishes at midnight

Wicksy will post more later

Rob

Guest soulmaguk

01723 357 869 credit card hot line for tickets direct from the box office at Scarborough.

Tons of cheap deal hotels as well.thumbsup.gif

will post links later !

Hotels 1 minute walk from cliff lift are The Ambassador, The Weston, The Brooklands, The Red Lea. Pubs up South Cliff are Riskers on the Esplanade, that has a really good Mexican resteraunt above it, The Ramshill, that is full of drunks, Soba's Bar is the best one, you will find soul folk in there. The sea front isn't used by the locals as it is all Karaoke and leary twats. Just down from South Cliff is the Valley Bar, it sells real ale but gets full of off duty cops, also in the valley is Cellars, that's alright for real ale and footy.

cheers jock & rob

appreciate the info going to book for the three nights just looking at the ones jock mentioned

looking forward to this one and meeting up with you

john

hi john,

You can walk down through the italian gardens from the south cliff area, there are various routes down to the the Spa. its a laugh on the lift though when youv'e had a few ales. As we live on the south cliff we use the lift regular to come up rather than down, but it's definately quicker by lift.

Jock

Guest tony hatfield

ANYONE NEEDING TICKETS WE WILL BE AT THE FOLLOWING

SUNDAY 29TH AUG ALLDAYER @ AMICHI BAR NOTTINGHAM

FRIDAY 03RD SEPT WILTON ALLNIGHTER

SATURDAY 04TH SEPT YORK SOUL CLUB.

ATB

TRACY

Looking good for the inaugural Scarborough Weekender--less than 250 tickets now remaining for this event thumbsup.gif

We have tickets here-PM to reserve also doing a poll of ticket sellers throughout the country to pin down remaining tickets.

Autumn in Glorious Scarborough --really looking forward to this one !!biggrin.gif

R & K

Looking good for the inaugural Scarborough Weekender--less than 250 tickets now remaining for this event thumbsup.gif

We have tickets here-PM to reserve also doing a poll of ticket sellers throughout the country to pin down remaining tickets.

Autumn in Glorious Scarborough --really looking forward to this one !!biggrin.gif

R & K

PS looks like there are plenty of bargains to be had on accom in Scarborough as well if you book 3 nights, however the area around the Spa appears to be pretty full with a few places available within 5 mins walk of the SPA COMPLEX--be quick.

R & K

So much going on in the world of soul and stuff, aint had time to really think about this yet...

Any folk wanting tickets then drop me a line, i still have a bunch of tickets for sale....

Glad to see its all going spiffing.... Jolly good....

Gonna be sharing the weekend with the talker from York.... We have packed headphones already :D ...

So much going on in the world of soul and stuff, aint had time to really think about this yet...

Any folk wanting tickets then drop me a line, i still have a bunch of tickets for sale....

Gonna be sharing the weekend with the talker from York.... We have packed headphones already :yes: ...

Hi Steve

yep its shaping up to be a good one -despite the bunch of "sour grapes" from a certain quarterlaugh.gif

will you be playing "I'm your puppet" during your set- think he has it covered up as "Pull my strings and I'll dance for you"

looking forward to hearing you play on the East Coast Steve.

As before now less than 250 tickets left for this event-venue booked for next year as wellthumbsup.gif

100% soul crowd-no piss heads, hen nights, fancy dressers or divs.

Ted Massey will have tickets with him at the Rugby all-nighter

its the one you've been asking for the Autumn Northern & Rare soul weekender in Scarborough

see you there

R & k

Guest soulmaguk

Ok

the consensus of the scarboro' people is that yes this October will be a success, and i'm looking forward to it, Jock.

Edited by soulmaguk

Guest tony hatfield

Ok

the consensus of the scarboro' people is that yes this October will be a success, and i'm looking forward to it, Jock.

Tracy and i decided to venture to Scarborough at the weekend to check out where we were staying for the inaugural weekend and the sorrounding area, we were pleased with what we saw, the Spa and how well the southcliffe area is coming along.

We are staying along with one or two others at The Valley on valley road only 10 minutes walk from the spa, approx £30.00 for a double room making £15.00 per person, no breakfast but thats not a problem as we never make it anyway. They still have a couple of rooms left Telephone 01723 372 593 we are staying from thurs to monday,pluses are it has a great real ale bar boasting over 100 different beers and ciders.

Along Valley Road are a few more B&Bs here are a few The Mount House 01723 362967, Ashburton 01723374382, Brailene 01723 379992, travel lodge hotel 01723 363537, raincliffe 01723 373541 all within 10 mins of the Spa. We were also surprised at the rates offered at The Grand Hotel again just a stroll to the spa across the cliff bridge £108.00 for 2 nights and £138.00 for 3 nights these prices are per person.

There is also the Travellodge nearby they reccomend you book on line to get the best deals.

Parking in scarborough is a little bit complex so here goes, Along the sea front you are expected to pay this is by a meter system, above the frontal areas it is all free Zonal disc parking, discs can be obtained almost any hotel,shop etc. then a slight further afield there are no restrictions. There is also an underground car park 5 mins from the spa at the foot of the cliff bridgerates are 2hrs £3, 4hrs £4.50, 6hrs £5.50, 24 hours £6.00, was told that The Crescent hotel does a fantastic well priced Sunday carvery.

So all in all it seems well set for a brilliant scarborough soul weekender, must thank jock for taking us to the beat club mod night on friday it made a pleasant change plus Tracy caught up with her old mate Georgina whom she hadnt seen for almost 28 years. Almost forgot to mention the Park and ride bus which rotates round scarborough every 12 mins and taxis are very reasonable.

Guest belly chest

Went and had a recce with the "pantry monster" to the Scarbrough spa the other week, as we had heard about all the refurb that was happening, and i have gotta say what a fantastic weekender it is going to be. The refurb wont effect the weekender in any way, talked extensivly to the staff at the spa and they couldnt be more helpful. They too are really up for this (they had heard how well the Bridlington weekender had gone) and are looking forward to meeting all the soulies thier colleagues at brid had told them about So really is shaping up to be another brill weekender if you aint got your tickets do it now because personally i think this will be a sell out with all the talk i hear out and about

Fantastic D.J. line up so something to suit all tastes me thinks

all i,ve got to do now is get a "Permission to go out slip" from the Boss. Booked in at The Travel Lodge in the square 5 mins walk from the Spa and cheap as chips too parking no problem either

see you there.

Edited by belly chest

Went and had a recce with the "pantry monster" to the Scarbrough spa the other week, as we had heard about all the refurb that was happening, and i have gotta say what a fantastic weekender it is going to be. The refurb wont effect the weekender in any way, talked extensivly to the staff at the spa and they couldnt be more helpful. They too are really up for this (they had heard how well the Bridlington weekender had gone) and are looking forward to meeting all the soulies thier colleagues at brid had told them about So really is shaping up to be another brill weekender if you aint got your tickets do it now because personally i think this will be a sell out with all the talk i hear out and about

Fantastic D.J. line up so something to suit all tastes me thinks

all i,ve got to do now is get a "Permission to go out slip" from the Boss. Booked in at The Travel Lodge in the square 5 mins walk from the Spa and cheap as chips too parking no problem either

see you there.

Yes Ian its shaping up for a good weekend with some brill support with the Scarborough crew :lol:

Guest soulmaguk

i have been asked this a few times now by some folk that only attend local do's, that they cannot make the whole weekend and can they just pay to get in for the saturday?

Guest soulmaguk

just ordered tickets as i now have the time off graft,,,,,,,,looking forward to this 1, is the crown plaza a posh place for digs ? or is the travel lodge a better choice

cheers ashy

Hi Ashy

There is the https://www.crownspahotel.com/ that is on the Esplanade, very nice. Havn't been in the new Travelodge yet, it used to be the St.Nicholas Hotel near the Spa bridge which is not far the venue. Hope this helps.

Guest the dukester

Yes Ian its shaping up for a good weekend with some brill support with the Scarborough crew :thumbsup:

I MYSELF WILL BE STAYING AT MY HOUSE IN SCARBOROUGH FOR THE WEEKEND!!! :thumbsup:

WICKSY,

JULIE NEARLY GOT RID OF OUR ALLOCATION OF TICKETS, WILL CHECK AND SEE IF SHE HAS ANY LEFT, ALL THE FLYERS HAVE GONE OUT AT ALL THE VENUES WE HAVE BEEN TO.

BIT CONCERNED WITH JOHNS/JOCKS/GEORGES :wicked: COMMENT ON THE PEOPLE OF SCARBOROUGH WHO CANT MAKE IT FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND BUT WANT TO DO ONE NIGHT :lol: ???????????

BTW...

BARNEY ASKED ME TO ASK YOU IS YOUR HAIR FOR REAL???? :D

Edited by the dukester

I MYSELF WILL BE STAYING AT MY HOUSE IN SCARBOROUGH FOR THE WEEKEND!!! :thumbsup:

WICKSY,

JULIE NEARLY GOT RID OF OUR ALLOCATION OF TICKETS, WILL CHECK AND SEE IF SHE HAS ANY LEFT, ALL THE FLYERS HAVE GONE OUT AT ALL THE VENUES WE HAVE BEEN TO.

BIT CONCERNED WITH JOHNS/JOCKS/GEORGES :wicked: COMMENT ON THE PEOPLE OF SCARBOROUGH WHO CANT MAKE IT FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND BUT WANT TO DO ONE NIGHT :lol: ???????????

BTW...

BARNEY ASKED ME TO ASK YOU IS YOUR HAIR FOR REAL???? :D

Nice one Dukes mi owd, and i know what you mean :shhh:

as for Barney its doing his head in because ive got a full head of hair and its natural colour :thumbsup: its in the genes :lol: poor old Barney :)

Edited by Naughty Boy
Guest soulmaguk

I MYSELF WILL BE STAYING AT MY HOUSE IN SCARBOROUGH FOR THE WEEKEND!!! laugh.gif

WICKSY,

BIT CONCERNED WITH JOHNS/JOCKS/GEORGES :lol: COMMENT ON THE PEOPLE OF SCARBOROUGH WHO CANT MAKE IT FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND BUT WANT TO DO ONE NIGHT :thumbsup: ???????????

BTW...

BARNEY ASKED ME TO ASK YOU IS YOUR HAIR FOR REAL???? :thumbsup:

Iv'e run it by George who E-mailed John and then got back to me, it was 'Mince' and his crew who asked about Sat only passes, you know him Dukes always at Beatclub and is a postman so too early for him having a late Friday.

Gonna be sharing the weekend with the talker from York.... We have packed headphones already :hatsoff2: ...

Hey Steve will be good to catch up with you and have a beer or three ben a while since our paths crossed :lol:

Rob

Edited by Naughty Boy

Hey Steve will be good to catch up with you and have a beer or three ben a while since our paths crossed :hatsoff2:

Rob

Yes Indeed Rob.... Rich as sorted out a nice little self catering place...

Got a bit of interest from mates but still got my batch of tickets, i predict a late rush in the last couple of weeks...

Gonna be at Radcliffe all niter Saturday night, if any want tickets then drop me a pm....

Cheers

Steve

Guest the dukester

Nice one Dukes mi owd, and i know what you mean :wave:

as for Barney its doing his head in because ive got a full head of hair and its natural colour :rolleyes: its in the genes laugh.gif poor old Barney :lol:

Poor Old Barney Indeed!! Hes gone to america on holiday for a while..... 3 days in San Fran - 7 days in Hawiai - 4 days in Las Vegas!!! Pays good in Barnsley then!! :lol:

Guest the dukester

Iv'e run it by George who E-mailed John and then got back to me, it was 'Mince' and his crew who asked about Sat only passes, you know him Dukes always at Beatclub and is a postman so too early for him having a late Friday.

:wave: Alter egos eh mate!! What happended to the days of no sleep all weekend in Scarborough, still do it on the Scooter scene mate.:rolleyes:

Guest soulmaguk

:wave: Alter egos eh mate!! What happended to the days of no sleep all weekend in Scarborough, still do it on the Scooter scene mate.:rolleyes:

think Mince is a scooter boy/girl whatever.

Poor Old Barney Indeed!! Hes gone to america on holiday for a while..... 3 days in San Fran - 7 days in Hawiai - 4 days in Las Vegas!!! Pays good in Barnsley then!! :lol:

Indeed poor old Barney he will look a reet tw#t in a grass skirt with flowers round his neck, hope the sun dont bleach his hair too much and them tiger sharks best watch out too :lol::yes::no: . any way enough of that pm me dukes:thumbsup:

I sold some more tickets last weekend. See how I get on this weekend Rob, I might need more from you, for the last minute deciders....thumbsup.gif

It's our 30th Wedding Anniversary whilst we are at Scarborough, thought I might play a record and dedicate it to Linda....:g:

Anyone got any ideas....:lol: ?? :lol: ?? :lol:

KTF........................ Bridgey....:thumbup:

I sold some more tickets last weekend. See how I get on this weekend Rob, I might need more from you, for the last minute deciders....thumbsup.gif

It's our 30th Wedding Anniversary whilst we are at Scarborough, thought I might play a record and dedicate it to Linda....:huh:

Anyone got any ideas....:lol: ?? :lol: ?? :lol:

KTF........................ Bridgey....:thumbup:

chains of love :g:

thumbsup.gifwe are slowly whittling down the spare tickets again.

Just a note to say Casper and Susan are getting married on the Saturday of Scarborough,back down in Notts

however

they intend to start their wedded bliss on the Sunday at the all-dayer at the Scarborough weekender as the guests of the NYSC.

Anyone who would like to help them celebrate their nuptials at this all dayer (Sunday 17th October)

we are considering making around 50 "Sunday dayer tickets available"

If there is enough demand

shout up if interested

for NYSC

Just ordered our tickets for this! WooHoo! A great weekender by the looks of it and right on our doorstep! What are the session times for each day?

All that's left to do now is to convince the Wolverhampton crowd they need to come up for this!! :-)

:wicked:

Just ordered our tickets for this! WooHoo! A great weekender by the looks of it and right on our doorstep! What are the session times for each day?

All that's left to do now is to convince the Wolverhampton crowd they need to come up for this!! :-)

:lol:

Not 100% sure....:( I'm sure Rob will come on here and put me right if I've strayed off target with the timings?? But I think they are something like:

Friday - 1900/1930 (?) - 0200 (possibly later)

Saturday - 1200 - 1700 & 1900/1930 (?) - 0200 (possibly later)

Sunday - 1200 - Midnight (straight through - all-dayer)

If your staying on the South Cliffe (ie; above the Spa). The Spa lift is staying open until the end of each night to ensure Soulies a safe & cheap journey back to the top. It's 70p single journey, or £1 for a return ticket.............. Well worth it....:D

Looks like it's gonna be a Cracker....:yes:

Edited by Bridgey

Not 100% sure....:( I'm sure Rob will come on here and put me right if I've strayed off target with the timings?? But I think they are something like:

Friday - 1900/1930 (?) - 0200 (possibly later)

Saturday - 1200 - 1700 & 1900/1930 (?) - 0200 (possibly later)

Sunday - 1200 - Midnight (straight through - all-dayer)

If your staying on the South Cliffe (ie; above the Spa). The Spa lift is staying open until the end of each night to ensure Soulies a safe & cheap journey back to the top. It's 70p single journey, or £1 for a return ticket.............. Well worth it....:D

Looks like it's gonna be a Cracker....:lol:

CLOSE Ian i will put them up this weekend for every one and yes its looking like a cracker for the !st one :yes:

been ringing around--Tickets priced at £25 each

ROB SMITH has tickets at the shop in Nottingham Ring first to reserve and pick up 07906137860

Ted Massey and Carl Piper will be at the Winding Wheel in Chesterfield tonight with Tickets thumbsup.gif

R & K

01723 357 869 credit card hot line for tickets direct from the box office at Scarborough.

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Guest tony hatfield

Hey Tony ive been told you are up on thursday dont be drinking too much :thumbup::hatsoff2:

WHAT WHO ME SIR NO SIR, WOULD I DO THAT!!!!!!:thumbsup: CANT WAIT ITS GONNA BE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND:yes:

Guest tony hatfield

ELEVEN DAYS TO GO:whistling: NOT THAT I'M COUNTING BUT CAN'T WAIT

TO SEE YOU ALL THERE,

YORK SOUL CLUB REGULARS IN THE RARE ROOM, PARTY TIME, CANT WAIT TO CATCH UP WITH ME OLD MATES JOHN N MAROLYN. (step in time guv)

SO HANDS UP WHO'S COMING?:unsure:

ATB

TRACY & TONY

Source Advert