2010-10-15: Nysc Scarborough Weekender 15/17Th Oct 2010

Guest tony hatfield

ELEVEN DAYS TO GO:whistling: NOT THAT I'M COUNTING BUT CAN'T WAIT

TO SEE YOU ALL THERE,

YORK SOUL CLUB REGULARS IN THE RARE ROOM, PARTY TIME, CANT WAIT TO CATCH UP WITH ME OLD MATES JOHN N MAROLYN. (step in time guv)

SO HANDS UP WHO'S COMING?:unsure:

ATB

TRACY & TONY

details ( djs ) and times for rare rooom please.... :thumbsup:

• Replies 294
  • Views 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest krawen

Well me and Karen are really looking forward to our first weekender in Scarborough :(

So much so that we are going up Thursday afternoon.

Any suggestions as to where to go for a pre - weekender drink Thursday night as I'm not that familiar with Scarborough ( Yet ! )

All the best

Steve B

Guest tony hatfield

Well me and Karen are really looking forward to our first weekender in Scarborough :rolleyes:

So much so that we are going up Thursday afternoon.

Any suggestions as to where to go for a pre - weekender drink Thursday night as I'm not that familiar with Scarborough ( Yet ! )

All the best

Steve B

Hi Steve

We are arriving Thursday teatime & will be in the Valley Bar at the top of Valley Road, highly recommend it as we have tasted the wares:beer: :lol: with over 100 different beers & ciders including 7 real ales always on tap.

Hope to see you there

All the best

Tony & Tracy

Guest soulmaguk

Hi Steve

We are arriving Thursday teatime & will be in the Valley Bar at the top of Valley Road, highly recommend it as we have tasted the wares:beer: :lol: with over 100 different beers & ciders including 7 real ales always on tap.

Hope to see you there

All the best

Tony & Tracy

We will meet you there thursday then. The landlord will pop your Northern Cds on if you ask him Tone.

There is the https://www.crownspahotel.com/ that is on the Esplanade, very nice. Havn't been in the new Travelodge yet, it used to be the St.Nicholas Hotel near the Spa bridge which is not far the venue. Hope this helps.

got sorted at crown spa, canny deal,,,any soul bars as such for a starting point on fri ????

cheers ashy

theres quite a lot of us stopping there Ashy

although its right above the Spa its either the taxi, walk or cliff lift open till 2.30am ( for the lift they will don a weekend deal for us which makes it very very cheap indeed)

Not 100% sure....:g: I'm sure Rob will come on here and put me right if I've strayed off target with the timings?? But I think they are something like:

Friday - 1900/1930 (?) - 0200 (possibly later)

Saturday - 1200 - 1700 & 1900/1930 (?) - 0200 (possibly later)

Sunday - 1200 - Midnight (straight through - all-dayer)

If your staying on the South Cliffe (ie; above the Spa). The Spa lift is staying open until the end of each night to ensure Soulies a safe & cheap journey back to the top. It's 70p single journey, or £1 for a return ticket.............. Well worth it....:thumbup:

Looks like it's gonna be a Cracker....:yes:

Cheers for that! Living in Hull now, so will probably be travelling home each night thumbsup.gif

Not really been out much up this end of the country, so I hope the famous Yorkshire Welcome is in evidence and we make some new friends! Starting to get just a bit excited now, it's gonna be a good 'un - I can feel it in my old bones!!

Hi Steve

We are arriving Thursday teatime & will be in the Valley Bar at the top of Valley Road, highly recommend it as we have tasted the wares:beer: :thumbsup: with over 100 different beers & ciders including 7 real ales always on tap.

Hope to see you there

All the best

Tony & Tracy

hopefully see you in there having put mr bird on to the valleybar it seems to be full,

when i spoke to linda she said she,d squeeze us in

can,t wait

Dave

see you all friday, missed york as ang and i became grandparents late friday to a beautifull baby girl. but well be up for a knees up at the weekender, for those of you who dont know paul ackley who is dj ing here dont for your life miss hes spot, dont know which room hopefully both but the best collection of monsters ive ever seen, col

see you all friday, missed york as ang and i became grandparents late friday to a beautifull baby girl. but well be up for a knees up at the weekender, for those of you who dont know paul ackley who is dj ing here dont for your life miss hes spot, dont know which room hopefully both but the best collection of monsters ive ever seen, col

Congratulations Col or should i say grandpa:D

Echo the words about Paul Ackley.....some bloody awesome records that most people would kill for :thumbsup:

heard on the grapevine that he's arriving in a securicor armoured vehicle:D

seeya Friday :thumbsup:

Guest tony hatfield

We will meet you there thursday then. The landlord will pop your Northern Cds on if you ask him Tone.

Will bring some cds along for thursday evening, the proprietors are a very nice couple so im sure theyll oblige.thumbsup.gif

ELEVEN DAYS TO GO:whistling: NOT THAT I'M COUNTING BUT CAN'T WAIT

TO SEE YOU ALL THERE,

YORK SOUL CLUB REGULARS IN THE RARE ROOM, PARTY TIME, CANT WAIT TO CATCH UP WITH ME OLD MATES JOHN N MAROLYN. (step in time guv)

SO HANDS UP WHO'S COMING?:thumbsup:

ATB

TRACY & TONY

Hiya,

yep, we'll be heading up the motorway(s) from Friday morning, large box of interesting records in the boot, be there late afternoon so see ya there (guv'nor)!!!!

J&M

hopefully see you in there having put mr bird on to the valleybar it seems to be full,

when i spoke to linda she said she,d squeeze us in

can,t wait

Dave

Dave

I hope she doesn't mean squeeze you in between me & Lynn............Al's OK cause he's no bother :thumbsup:

See you Friday :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Still got my small batch of tickets, my mates hhave booked tickets on the website etc.. If any need tickets then drop me a line... Quite a few were talking about coming for Friday or Saturday night only, as i said to you all at the weekend,, get on it now, very limited tickets for Friday or Saturday only.....

4 days of work before the return In over 20 years to the Yorkshire riviera.. Was gonna book on Yorkshire airlines but its full... :hatsoff2:

Thanks to all who have replied regards ticket sales thumbsup.gif

got a clearer idea now how many are available to add at the box office,

Remember we have some spare capacity (50) for the Sunday all-dayer if you want to travel up to help Pete (Casper) and Sue celebrate their nuptials

see you there

(Fingers crossed for me laugh.gif)

Rob

Still got my small batch of tickets, my mates hhave booked tickets on the website etc.. If any need tickets then drop me a line... Quite a few were talking about coming for Friday or Saturday night only, as i said to you all at the weekend,, get on it now, very limited tickets for Friday or Saturday only.....

4 days of work before the return In over 20 years to the Yorkshire riviera.. Was gonna book on Yorkshire airlines but its full... :thumbsup:

:D Brilliant.....

Guest dazzzzler

Getting excited now - three more working days and we're off :D:thumbsup: :thumbsup: yipee do :thumbsup:

as we know you easily get excited,i know you dont get out much ,but got to say lukin 4wad to this one,and if your really gud you can buy me a pint you lucky girl.:thumbsup:

4 days of work before the return In over 20 years to the Yorkshire riviera.. Was gonna book on Yorkshire airlines but its full... :(

If the plane aint flying we will sort you a donkey out :hatsoff2:

I just wondered how long it would be before the usual alleged knob heads started the rumour mill going , there are no freebies for Scarborough never have been and never will be :thumbsup::unsure::lol: pity they have nowt better to do maybe they should grow up and act their age not shoe size .

Yeah had the same relayed to me in a phone call last night "Sad Individuals" springs to mind Roblaugh.gif

However we have now located most of the spares

For last minute bookings contact US direct, I have 15 spare tickets just in from sellers here at Worksop for anyone wanting to pick up direct from me before Friday. Tickets are just £25 each

Must say despite my enforced absence from going out recently The Buzz via e-mail and text is fantastic. The rare and underplayed room is certainly getting serious action from around the country with tickets being sold from Scotland to the "Deep" South --Kent lollaugh.gif ! There is much anticipation surrounding the the line up and DJ times as well-looks like being a cracking weekend away with a 100% Soul Crowd in attendance up for dancing in the main ballroom and a little bit of chin stroking in the rare room along with the dancinglaugh.gif.

See you there

Rob

Yeah had the same relayed to me in a phone call last night "Sad Individuals" springs to mind Roblaugh.gif

However we have now located most of the spares

For last minute bookings contact US direct, I have 15 spare tickets just in from sellers here at Worksop for anyone wanting to pick up direct from me before Friday. Tickets are just £25 each

Must say despite my enforced absence from going out recently The Buzz via e-mail and text is fantastic. The rare and underplayed room is certainly getting serious action from around the country with tickets being sold from Scotland to the "Deep" South --Kent lollaugh.gif ! There is much anticipation surrounding the the line up and DJ times as well-looks like being a cracking weekend away with a 100% Soul Crowd in attendance up for dancing in the main ballroom and a little bit of chin stroking in the rare room along with the dancinglaugh.gif.

See you there

Rob

late ticket purchases online , no tickets will be sent you will be sent a eticket with a ref number to present on the door :thumbsup:

Guest hurryup

just say the word i can bring my donkey:lol: .

Sorry to give you the bad news but your donkey actually died at Brid, didn't have the heart to tell you at the time but I accidently stabbed it with some scissors laugh.gif:lol::g:

Guest Derek White

Hi Martyn, Av & Pete, sorry I can't be there for a good HECK free-character-smileys-609.gif But my good friend Derek will be there to do the business lol-046.gif

Have a goodun'

Don

Don, mate, sorry you both can't be there. I'll try to do my best on me own.

Oh, and I'll stick to our H&G rule, no more than 4 to the hour lol.. yes.gif

Cheers,

Derek.

Hi Martyn, Av & Pete, sorry I can't be there for a good HECK free-character-smileys-609.gif But my good friend Derek will be there to do the business lol-046.gif

Have a goodun'

Don

HI DON

YOU AND GERALDINE WILL BE MISSED & WITH ALL THAT SCARBOROUGH SAND I WILL FEEL LIKE I AM IN A DESERT ph34r.gif SHAME YOU WON'T BE THERE TO HELP ME OUT! :lol:

WILL BRING YOU A STICK OF ROCK BACK.

AV :g:

:rolleyes:WELL,ITS GETTING CLOSER TO THE TIME,ME AND THE REST OF US ARE REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEKEND,I HOPE ITS AS NICE AS BRID INSIDE,AND THE FLOOR SIZE,LOOKING FORWARD TO A GOOD DANCE :ohmy: AS WELL AS A SPOT ON THE DECKS,:lol: HAV,NT BEEN GIVEN ANY DJ TIMES YET , WERE SETTING OFF IN THE AFTERNOON FOR A CHANGE SO WE CAN HAVE A WONDER AROUND,KTF,CARL,EMSC,SEE YOU THERE SOUL FAMILY........biggrin.gif

:thumbsup:WELL,ITS GETTING CLOSER TO THE TIME,ME AND THE REST OF US ARE REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEKEND,I HOPE ITS AS NICE AS BRID INSIDE,AND THE FLOOR SIZE,LOOKING FORWARD TO A GOOD DANCE :yes: AS WELL AS A SPOT ON THE DECKS,wink.gif HAV,NT BEEN GIVEN ANY DJ TIMES YET , WERE SETTING OFF IN THE AFTERNOON FOR A CHANGE SO WE CAN HAVE A WONDER AROUND,KTF,CARL,EMSC,SEE YOU THERE SOUL FAMILY........:D

Is that Thursday or Friday afternoon Carl, cus me and Karen are going down on the Thursday mate .

But we'll see you all there on one of those days :lol:

All the best

Steve B

Is that Thursday or Friday afternoon Carl, cus me and Karen are going down on the Thursday mate .

But we'll see you all there on one of those days :lol:

All the best

Steve B

aup steve,were setting off friday afternoon mate,were bringing tim and jean,paul,carol following us down,troy,kath coming after work,dave,jo and bob stockport crew are coming friday afternoon i think ?,soul bus off the road still ,thats why so many cars,ktf,carl..:thumbsup: good night at north wings steve,karen,can,t wait for next month........:yes:

We are getting a lot of interest from late comers for this one !! laugh.gif

The inaugural Autumn Northern & Rare Soul Scarborough Weekender is almost upon us with just over 48 hours to go.

As previously stated if you want tickets most spares are now on the way back to the box office.

To guarantee admission and pick up tickets at the event book on line at www.scarboroughsoul.com

you will be given a unique reference number via e-mail. Please be quick as the deadline for sales is approaching fast !

See you all there

Rob

We are getting a lot of interest from late comers for this one !! laugh.gif

To guarantee admission and pick up tickets at the event book on line at www.scarboroughsoul.com

you will be given a unique reference number via e-mail. Please be quick as the deadline for sales is approaching fast !

See you all there

Rob

LAST ORDERS ONLINE THURSDAY NIGHT 12pm. Spoke with the box office and its been a bit mental this week

on my last shift before the spa,,,, yes.gif after some info, doni burdick open the door to your heart, ,,,,,, would this be played in rare or northern room ? as i am a new soulie and im not sure where to ask for it !

I will look for it , Oldie in my book

Rob

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

Source Advert