Sunshine Girls Charity Night 6Th Feb

Jellybean

Hi everyone, :D

This is just a brief announcement to let you know of a forth coming Sunshine Girls charity event that will be taking place on Saturday the 6th Feb.It will be held at The Electric Club in Wolverhampton and it will be a combined charity event for "Birmingham Childrens Hospital" and also the "Upper GI Unit" at Russells Hall Hospital.There is a very special reason as to why we are fund raising for both of these charities,i will let Suzy explain more. :D

Must stress to you though,that this will be a ticket event only,at £4 each,so first come first served basis,sorry but this is due to the venue only having a capacity of 120.The tickets will be available soon and will give contact numbers so that you can get your tickets well in advance.And i will be doing my rounds with me bucket at a venue near you soon :D and i will have tickets for sale with me.Tickets will not be kept OTD,so please buy your tickets ASAP to avoid dissapointment :yes: Must also just say a BIG THANKYOU to Jumpin Joan & Lou Wood for offering their time to DJ for us,its very much appreciatted by all the Sunshine Girls :D Also any donations would be gratefully recieved,be it cash or raffle prizes,just PM me Jane or Suzy,thanks in advance!! wink.gif

So heres a brief run down of the event!!

SUNSHINE GIRLS CHARITY EVENT

THE ELECTRIC CLUB

SATURDAY 6TH FEB

ADVANCE TICKETS £4

7.30-12.30

CHEAP BAR :yes:

GREAT WOODEN DANCEFLOOR :yes:

DJ's

CLAUDETTE

TRACEY

JANE

JELLYBEAN

AND SPECIAL GUEST DJ's

JUMPIN JOAN & LOU WOOD (MRS SOUL) :(

THE ELECTRIC CLUB

ST MARKS ROAD

CHAPEL ASH

WOLVERHAMPTON

WV3 OQH

HERES MY MOBILE NUMBER FOR FURTHER INFO 07985596183 WILL ADD MORE CONTACTS SOON!! :no:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Edited by JELLYBEAN
  • Replies 167
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks Helen for starting the SUNSHINE GIRLS CHARITY NIGHT thread.

Thanks to Jumping Joan and Lou Wood (mrs soul) for being our Guests, FAB women with FAB collections!!!!!!

Looking forward to the 6TH FEBRUARY 2010, raising money for BIRMINGHAM CHILDRENS HOSPITAL AND RUSSELL'S HALL UPPER G I UNIT.

All of the Sunshine girls will have some tickets so when you see any of us out and about please ask for yours.

Limited number of 120 so grab one soon,as our last 3 charity nights have been stormers!!!!!

Thanks

Jane xx

Edited by shaunthesheep

Hi to everyone, and Thanks to Helen(Jellybean) for starting the thread off for us.

The reason that we are doing a combined Charity event is as a lot of you know, i was diagnosed with cancer last year and underwent major surgery which saved my life.

This is because of a marvellous team of doctor's and nurses who cared for me, this year the upper GI Unit at Russells Hall Hospital had the go ahead to start there own fund raising events, and i personally would like to give something back to the team that cared and looked after me so well. I also know that any monies raised will go towards helping cancer suffer's such as myself.....

And as always raising funds for the children of Birmingham Childrens Hospital, this has been a charity close to our hearts.

As always we ask for any help you can give the Sunshine Girls with raising those funds to help these causes, please give what you can and help change someone's life for the better.

As Helen as already mentioned anything you can give wheather it be cash or something to put in the raffle on the night would be greatly appreciated by us all.

BIG Thank you to JumpingJoan and Loulie ( Mrs Soul) for giving their time on the night and for all their support...Thank you ladies......

Look forward to everyones support please give whatever you can......

Have to Say a BIG Thank you to the Sunshine Girls and their Partner,s for all their hard work behind the scenes.

Suzy xx

Edited by Suzy

Thanks Helen for starting the SUNSHINE GIRLS CHARITY NIGHT thread.

Thanks to Jumping Joan and Lou Wood (mrs soul) for being our Guests, FAB women with FAB collections!!!!!!

Looking forward to the 6TH FEBRUARY 2010, raising money for BIRMINGHAM CHILDRENS HOSPITAL AND RUSSELL'S HALL UPPER G I UNIT.

All of the Sunshine girls will have some tickets so when you see any of us out and about please ask for yours.

Limited number of 120 so grab one soon,as our last 3 charity nights have been stormers!!!!!

Thanks

Jane xx

AND ABOUT TIME TO!! IT'S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE WE HAD THE PLEASURE

OF SEEING ALL YOU GIRLS DJ!! AND ALSO RAISE A FEW QUID FOR TWO

WORTHY CAUSES!!

NICE LITTLE CLASS VENUE!! AND WITH LIMITED TICKETS BETTER GET MINE

BEFORE THEY ALL GO!!

MAX..

AND ABOUT TIME TO!! IT'S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE WE HAD THE PLEASURE

OF SEEING ALL YOU GIRLS DJ!! AND ALSO RAISE A FEW QUID FOR TWO

WORTHY CAUSES!!

NICE LITTLE CLASS VENUE!! AND WITH LIMITED TICKETS BETTER GET MINE

BEFORE THEY ALL GO!!

MAX..

Welcome home Max.......

It,s a lovely room with a lovely sprung woooden dance floor...

Look forward to seeing you there.

Suzy xx

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi everyone, wave.gif

This is just a brief announcement to let you know of a forth coming Sunshine Girls charity event that will be taking place on Saturday the 6th Feb.It will be held at The Electric Club in Wolverhampton and it will be a combined charity event for "Birmingham Childrens Hospital" and also the "Upper GI Unit" at Russells Hall Hospital.There is a very special reason as to why we are fund raising for both of these charities,i will let Suzy explain more. thumbsup.gif

Must stress to you though,that this will be a ticket event only,at £4 each,so first come first served basis,sorry but this is due to the venue only having a capacity of 120.The tickets will be available soon and will give contact numbers so that you can get your tickets well in advance.And i will be doing my rounds with me bucket at a venue near you soon biggrin.gif and i will have tickets for sale with me.Tickets will not be kept OTD,so please buy your tickets ASAP to avoid dissapointment yes.gif Must also just say a BIG THANKYOU to Jumpin Joan & Lou Wood for offering their time to DJ for us,its very much appreciatted by all the Sunshine Girls thumbup.gif Also any donations would be gratefully recieved,be it cash or raffle prizes,just PM me Jane or Suzy,thanks in advance!! wink.gif

So heres a brief run down of the event!!

SUNSHINE GIRLS CHARITY EVENT

THE ELECTRIC CLUB

SATURDAY 6TH FEB

7.30-12.30

CHEAP BAR beer.gif

GREAT WOODEN DANCEFLOOR thumbsup.gif

DJ's

CLAUDETTE

TRACEY

JANE

JELLYBEAN

AND SPECIAL GUEST DJ's

JUMPIN JOAN & LOU WOOD thumbup.gif

THE ELECTRIC CLUB

ST MARKS ROAD

CHAPEL ASH

WOLVERHAMPTO

HERES MY MOBILE NUMBER FOR FURTHER INFO 07985596183 WILL ADD MORE CONTACTS SOON!! thumbsup.gif

JB xxxKTFxxx

If your DJ'ing JB bound to be a good night and all for a good cause.

Ktf.

Tom

good.gif

A real honour to be asked to be part of this great night in aid of such a fantastic cause.

Looking forward to it immensely thumbup.gif

Hi Joan, Thank you so much for excepting the invitation to Dj for us on the night.

very kind of you to help us out with raising money for two very worthy causes.

Look forward to seeing you soon. Suzy xx

I,l second that Joan, and dj,ing with you ,the first lady of soul thumbup.gif

going to be great yes.gif

I wondered were you was Loulie, also big Thanks to you for excepting the invitation to Dj for us on the night, and for helping to raise funds with The Sunshine Girls.....

Look forward to seeing you very soon. Suzy xx

no problem, having chatted to you indepth about the cancer, yes , I ,ve used the C word, :thumbsup: and the fight that has ensued after, I have no hessitaion in this whatsoever,so lets look forward , and raise some money, but at the same time, lets have a bit of fun doing it, what do you lot say !

no problem, having chatted to you indepth about the cancer, yes , I ,ve used the C word, ohmy.gif and the fight that has ensued after, I have no hessitaion in this whatsoever,so lets look forward , and raise some money, but at the same time, lets have a bit of fun doing it, what do you lot say !

Lou you know me so well, laugh.gif and you know my second name is FUN! wink.gif looking forward to it!!

Suzy xx

no problem, having chatted to you indepth about the cancer, yes , I ,ve used the C word, ohmy.gif and the fight that has ensued after, I have no hessitaion in this whatsoever,so lets look forward , and raise some money, but at the same time, lets have a bit of fun doing it, what do you lot say !

Have i got to bring the Greens Lou laugh.gif

Letters of authenticity are on there way, from both hospitals, as soon as i have recieved them i will post them on SS for all to see....

I would like to add that Birmingham Children's Hospital are thrilled to bits that The Sunshine Girls are raising more money for the children and look forward to working with us once more.

The Upper GI at Russells Hall Hospital are so pleased as this will kick start there fund raising for the Hospital...I Think there are going to be a lot of nurses there on the night......thumbup.gif

Suzy xx

• 3 weeks later...

Right then folks,its the 1st day of 2010 :P and just 2 months to go for our Sunshine Girls Charity event and we've had no pm's for donations of cash or raffle prizes as yet. no.gif So who's gonna be the first to pm me,Suzy or Jane with a donation??????Anything you can offer will be gratefully recieved. :huh:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL JB xxxKTFxxx :thumbup:

Edited by JELLYBEAN

Right then folks,its the 1st day of 2010 :thumbsup: and just 2 months to go for our Sunshine Girls Charity event and we've had no pm's for donations of cash or raffle prizes as yet. :no: So who's gonna be the first to pm me,Suzy or Jane with a donation??????Anything you can offer will be gratefully recieved. :yes:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL JB xxxKTFxxx :shades:

Only realised today that its not 2 months to go for our charity event,its only one month :ohmy: and still no donations,so please anything you can spare will be gratefully recieved,all you have to do is pm me,Suzy or Jane with your donations thankyou!! good.gif

JB xxxKTFxxx

dont worry .I have a couple of things for you, and I have asked Woody to sort out either a soul pack, or a couple of records, theres a bloody big box here with 300 records that he could easily not miss a couple :wub:

also, there must be loads of things that peeps have had for chrimbo, that maybe they dont have a use for ect, and they wont feel bad if they know the money raised is going to a worthwhile cause :wub::wub:

dont worry .I have a couple of things for you, and I have asked Woody to sort out either a soul pack, or a couple of records, theres a bloody big box here with 300 records that he could easily not miss a couple :wicked:

also, there must be loads of things that peeps have had for chrimbo, that maybe they dont have a use for ect, and they wont feel bad if they know the money raised is going to a worthwhile cause innocent.gif:thumbsup:

I will sort something out too!

Really looking forward to another great charity bash with the Sunshine Girls :thumbup:

Hi everyone, and a happy new year to you all......

I'm looking forward to recieving two tickets for Bidds allnighter from Mace. As always a big Thanks to Mace who always supports our charity nights. Suzy xx

Come on all you soulies please give generously, whatever you give big or small will raise money for the Children of Birmingham Childrens Hospital and the upper G I unit Russells Hall for people with cancer.

Please help support our night....Thank you

The Sunshine Girls. xx

Hi everyone, and a happy new year to you all......

I'm looking forward to recieving two tickets for Bidds allnighter from Mace. As always a big Thanks to Mace who always supports our charity nights. Suzy xx

Come on all you soulies please give generously, whatever you give big or small will raise money for the Children of Birmingham Childrens Hospital and the upper G I unit Russells Hall for people with cancer.

Please help support our night....Thank you

The Sunshine Girls. xx

Thankyou for the Bidds allnighter tickets and your support Mace,its very much appreciatted by all the Sunshine Girls :lol:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Sorry about that i posted and never said a word....lol

I would just like to say a big Thanks to Phil who has paid for the room on the night.

It's very much appreciated by all the Sunshine Girls. Suzy xx

Guest Phil Richards

I would just like to say a big Thanks to Phil who has paid for the room on the night.

It's a pleasure to support such a worthy cause, particularly when the last charity night was such a success with the Sunshine Girls, so come on people get your tickets early as it's going to be another packer.....

The girl's put in such a lot of hard work for these nights with no reward, So let's show our support for their efforts, and help raise as much cash as possible. Phil

thumbup.gifThank you to Phil for paying for the room on the night ,

Fantastic to have Joan and Lou on board for our next charity night.

All we need now folks is donations, either Cash, or tickets to events or prizes so we can raffle on the night. ( Our raffles have been in the past outstanding).

I have just got word from Suzy that the tickets will be ready for us on friday thumbsup.gif so if you see me, jellybean or Suzy out and about get your ticket.

Martin (kerby) is also sorting the flyers out after a few hicupstongue.gif (me making up the flyer lol).

Come and join us for a great night of quality soul.

Jane

Bigthumbup.gif to the sunshine girls, very worthy cause, unfortunatly won`t be able to make this one. Got suzy`s adress so donation to the cause on its way. Have a great night-REGARDS HARRY & DIthumbup.gif

Sorry that you and Di can't make our night Harry but a very big thumbup.gif for your donation and for your constant support of the Sunshine Girls.

Jane x

Bigthumbup.gif to the sunshine girls, very worthy cause, unfortunatly won`t be able to make this one. Got suzy`s adress so donation to the cause on its way. Have a great night-REGARDS HARRY & DIthumbup.gif

Hi Harry and Di, Big Thanks to you both for your donation and continued support, i will let you know when i have recieved it. As always it's very much appreciated by the Sunshine Girls. Suzy xx

Edited by Suzy

We will put up 2 free tickets to our opening nite at the Disciple's, plus a DJ spot as another prize.

plus we have a couple of things to raffel for you, and a record, or two, hope this helps, and lets hope this weather is all gone by feb :shades:

cos my feet are bloody freezing will have to get my winny the poo bed socks off woody :thumbup:

We will put up 2 free tickets to our opening nite at the Disciple's, plus a DJ spot as another prize.

plus we have a couple of things to raffel for you, and a record, or two, hope this helps, and lets hope this weather is all gone by feb :thumbup:

cos my feet are bloody freezing will have to get my winny the poo bed socks off woody :laugh:

whistlingLou, I have to say Sorry to you. I have sent Martin the finished flyer to print off and I have put your surname as MRS WOODY:ohmy: DOH!!!:ph34r: I was having a senior moment, so very sorry.

Jane xx

plus we have a couple of things to raffel for you, and a record, or two, hope this helps, and lets hope this weather is all gone by feb thumbup.gif

cos my feet are bloody freezing will have to get my winny the poo bed socks off woody laugh.gif

Hi Loulie, and a big Thank you, to you and Woody for your generous contribution to help raise cash for 2 very worthy causes....

And as for the winny the poo socks...woody, you ought to be ashamed of yourself taking lou's socks.whistling.giflaugh.gif see you both soon. Suzy xx

Edited by Suzy

whistling.gifLou, I have to say Sorry to you. I have sent Martin the finished flyer to print off and I have put your surname as MRS WOODYohmy.gif DOH!!!ph34r.gif I was having a senior moment, so very sorry.

Jane xx

I never noticed.....

I reckon all you guys should come in drag. What do you say girls? thumbup.gif

oh I can see it now Woody in my socks , Tony in Joans top, I could go on, perhaps we could raffle Tabs off for the nite as a gigalo:lol:

and dont worry about my name, I really dont mind, you can call me anything as long as its not old:lol:

oh I can see it now Woody in my socks , Tony in Joans top, I could go on, perhaps we could raffle Tabs off for the nite as a gigalo:lol:

and dont worry about my name, I really dont mind, you can call me anything as long as its not old:lol:

I'd never call you old Lou!!! you can put me to shame, still on the dance floor boogie-ing on down lol:thumbup:

The guys in drag would be a riot!!! I think a fab idea:ph34r::good:

Jane x

Don't think you would get much for me Lou.:laugh:

Have been trying to think of a couple of ways to help out with these very worthy causes and after checking with the Sunshine Girls I'll be collecting/harassing everyone at USOS next Saturday with my begging bucket. Hopefully we'll be able to raise a few £££s towards your chosen charities if there's anything else I can do to help just ask.

Sharon

Have been trying to think of a couple of ways to help out with these very worthy causes and after checking with the Sunshine Girls I'll be collecting/harassing everyone at USOS next Saturday with my begging bucket. Hopefully we'll be able to raise a few £££s towards your chosen charities if there's anything else I can do to help just ask.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, The Sunshine Girls really appreciate your kind offer and all your support in helping to raise cash for Birmingham Childrens Hospital and The Upper G I unit at Russells Hall Hospital.

Every penny raised goes direct to the charities mentioned.....no matter how small the amount it will help someone, so Thank you very much. Suzy xx

some great posts on here,

Tabs you know your real name is Tabitha :thumbsup:

Sharon thats really good of you :hatsoff2:

Webby dublin, I dont know you but plaese carry on posting it makes for a good read, and thanks for your support. thumbsup.gif

so come on people please give it some wellie, most of you know me, and the money is goin where its needed, 2009 was a bad year soul wise, we have lost some really good pals who cant be replaced can they, so lets go with the flo here and make it a nite to remember!

Sorry that l can't make this event but was thinking of doing a 'Stop Webby Posting For A Week' and get sponsors for this

very worthwhile cause....not a bad idea l think...could well make a few bob!!

After all my posting l could do with a rest...and l'm sure you lot could too! laugh.gif

Hiya Webbydublin, What a brilliant idea!! i'm sure you will get loads of support. The Sunshine girls will certainly back you in all your efforts to help raise money for 2 very worthy causes....let us know when your going to do it.

Suzy xx

Edited by Suzy

some great posts on here,

Tabs you know your real name is Tabitha wicked.gif

Sharon thats really good of you thumbup.gif

Webby dublin, I dont know you but plaese carry on posting it makes for a good read, and thanks for your support. thumbsup.gif

so come on people please give it some wellie, most of you know me, and the money is goin where its needed, 2009 was a bad year soul wise, we have lost some really good pals who cant be replaced can they, so lets go with the flo here and make it a nite to remember!

Totally agree with you Lou, come on people lets give it some wellie, on our last charity night we raised just over £1.500, I know it's been a difficult year for everyone, money wise, but if you could offer a gift to the raffle this also would be very much appreciated by us all. Thank you Suzy xx

Source Advert