Rnb Is Dead

ImberBoy

Guest becchio

Bit unfair to say I know nothing about NS i have been travelling far and wide up and down the country/europe to all-niters/mod nights since i was about 16 so for about 7 years. I know it's nothing compared how long some folks have been into it but I do try to find new stuff all the time and not just chase the oldies!

I Dont really know enough about modern or xover, I've treid istening to it but i just cant see the connection to uptempo gritty Rnb/Soul. The only modern track i remotely took an interest to was that one of the remix of the 'Nina Simone' track, sorry forgot the name, anyone know which one i mean?

Cheers

soz callum , i was a bit ott and i didnt realise you was so young .

the _64_ bit in your name threw me , i HONESTLY thought you was the same age as me . its me in the wrong .

iv been into since 16 /17 too and i still havent got a clue what modern or xover is myself either and im 46 ,im still completely baffled lol

cheers x

Edited by becchio
Social source share

• Replies 123
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest kid mohair

soz callum , i was a bit ott and i didnt realise you was so young .

the _64_ bit in your name threw me , i HONESTLY thought you was the same age as me . its me in the wrong .

iv been into since 16 /17 too and i still havent got a clue what modern or xover is myself either and im 46 ,im still completely baffled lol

cheers x

I was just about to say dont take the bait callum, but the bloke as obviously wised up.............shades

Social source share

callum..............ur wiser than your years suggest mate ............and when i speak with you it comes across that your lookin for something different........new and classy in all kinds of our varied musical gene pool represented on here........and you ussually do better than your elders .........top lad is our callum:hatsoff2: ezzie

Edited by ezzie brown
Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

The fast version of this is excellent - a real 'stormer' - and because of this, this version does nowt for me...

Who is the other version by? post it up, lets have a listen.

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

The fast version of this is excellent - a real 'stormer' - and because of this, this version does nowt for me...

just listened to it, nicer voice, but not fast or a stormer, not as better for spinning to.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

just listened to it, nicer voice, but not fast or a stormer, not as better for spinning to.

you keep mentioning "spinning too " like it's a northern tune with the spinning nonsense

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

you keep mentioning "spinning too " like it's a northern tune with the spinning nonsense

Don't people spin to R&B recs in the R&B rooms!? I quite like the slinky cat dance performed usually with poeple with hats on to R&B. Don't really get why E.Williams's Trade My Soul To The Devil gets played by Roger Banks in the main rooms while they are playing a £20 tune in the rare rooms. Whilst Maria Willingham refused to play it in the main room and kept it in the rare room.

Social source share

Don't people spin to R&B recs in the R&B rooms!? I quite like the slinky cat dance performed usually with poeple with hats on to R&B. Don't really get why E.Williams's Trade My Soul To The Devil gets played by Roger Banks in the main rooms while they are playing a £20 tune in the rare rooms. Whilst Maria Willingham refused to play it in the main room and kept it in the rare room.

People with hats, makes me think of Ted Couldstone, but having difficulty picturing him doing a slinky cat dance....

As for the rest of it, I would say it comes with experience. My personal view is that EW is a rare record that has been played by RB for sixteen years or more, which would probably preclude it from the rare rooms apart from maybe the occasional spin.

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Is the other version on Tide any cop?

Hello Mulfy baby how ya doin?

Didnt know there was another version of E.Williams on Tide.

Al H

Social source share

No he "dont" lol. But lets face it there woudnt be an r n b little room "scene" (another meaningless new word ?) piggybacking with its poseurs and crap dancefloors if it wasnt for the main northern (truly across the board ) room he so obviously despises .

This is the funniest (and possibly most misguided) post I might ever have read on this forum. Do you have 'SOUL MUG' tattooed on your forehead?

Social source share

Wotcha Al,

Hope you well mate!

Yes theres one booked at 1K as Jimmy someone or other, (might even be Williams come to think of it) guessing it must be the same record (apart from title being the same) as i've heard there is another as rare version, but haven't heard it. Maybe it is a different recording then?

Edited by mulf
Social source share

Guest becchio

This is the funniest (and possibly most misguided) post I might ever have read on this forum. Do you have 'SOUL MUG' tattooed on your forehead?

why dont you ask me next time you see me and you will find out !

il pm you and tell you what venues i go to thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

why dont you ask me next time you see me and you will find out !

il pm you and tell you what venues i go to thumbsup.gif

GENTLEMEN, GENTLEMEN, TIME PLEASE! WE DONT NEED THIS SOME ONE WILL REPORT YOU , ITS BORDERING ON THREATS, CHILLshades.gif

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Wotcha Al,

Hope you well mate!

Yes theres one booked at 1K as Jimmy someone or other, (might even be Williams come to think of it) guessing it must be the same record (apart from title being the same) as i've heard there is another as rare version, but haven't heard it. Maybe it is a different recording then?

Same geezer.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert