Put Prices On Wants Please

Premium Stuff

Having just typed a reply to Mark's post on this I then found it had been locked. Not sure why no.gif

Anyway ...

I take the point Mark, but if I am looking for a want myself I would also not normally put the price that I would pay for the same reasons Kirsty gave.

Firstly, when asking for a want there is always the hope that you could pick it up for less than your 'best price'.

Probably more importantly, you might get more than one person responding, with each person offering different prices, formats, and conditions for their 45s. This then gives you a choice - which for me is part of the reason for advertising a want - seeing what is out there in the market.

In contrast, a person selling will most often have a single sale copy and also a price they have in mind they want for it.

In my view it is best when the seller just names a price. No skin off anyne's nose if the two parties decide that price is not right.

I am always open to negotiation when selling, and often haggle when buying.

It is a buyer's market at the moment - and certainly not a seller's market. Book prices and even accepted market prices from a couple of years ago are simply often well over what pepole are prepared and able to pay at the moment when buying.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Question for Mark.

should the same principle apply to sellers i.e. don't put records up for 'offers'

should they just say what price they want for it - it's the same principle.

i personally don't think they should, nor should those wanting records name a price if they don't want to. But i would be interested in your answer to the above

regards,

mike

Social source share

Guest REVILOT

Having just typed a reply to Mark's post on this I then found it had been locked. Not sure why :no:

Anyway ...

I take the point Mark, but if I am looking for a want myself I would also not normally put the price that I would pay for the same reasons Kirsty gave.

Firstly, when asking for a want there is always the hope that you could pick it up for less than your 'best price'.

Probably more importantly, you might get more than one person responding, with each person offering different prices, formats, and conditions for their 45s. This then gives you a choice - which for me is part of the reason for advertising a want - seeing what is out there in the market.

In contrast, a person selling will most often have a single sale copy and also a price they have in mind they want for it.

In my view it is best when the seller just names a price. No skin off anyne's nose if the two parties decide that price is not right.

I am always open to negotiation when selling, and often haggle when buying.

It is a buyer's market at the moment - and certainly not a seller's market. Book prices and even accepted market prices from a couple of years ago are simply often well over what pepole are prepared and able to pay at the moment whenuying.

Cheers

Richard

Agree with all that..

Social source share

All points taken thank you, as I said on Joan's thread I closed mine because I realised it's not that important really, in future if I respond to want's I will simply put an asking price and take it from there, forgive the closing of my thread and if I've upset or offended anyone.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

All points taken thank you, as I said on Joan's thread I closed mine because I realised it's not that important really, in future if I respond to want's I will simply put an asking price and take it from there, forgive the closing of my thread and if I've upset or offended anyone.

Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark

No danger at all that you have upset or offended anyone - far from it.

This was a topic worthy of some debate, which is why the two other threads popped up thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Hi Mark

No danger at all that you have upset or offended anyone - far from it.

This was a topic worthy of some debate, which is why the two other threads popped up thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Richard

Hi ...for what it's worth and my penneth worth ........the two thing that bug me regarding the "WANTS" forum

1) People who don't reply to pm's ....if someone is good enough to reply to your want at least have the common decency to say thanks but no thanks.

2) People who think it's ok to post on other peoples wants ,their own valuation of a particular record,thus influencing the sale .

I personally think locking the post has become the best option ...as it's a want ,and not a discussion thread.

Social source share

Always lock my wants for the following reasons

1.i take pms and negotiate -the purchase of a record for me is between the buyer and seller

2.let the thread run and usualy someone has the four penneth in about rarity-availability-price-etc-well "so what" and then the record is talked up or down and it becomes a free for all-a good example was the lee fields thread and some of the ridiculous bollocks wrote about the record.

3.a deal to me should be private -i also when i sell are more than happy not to respond to emails from people asking who has got this or that-simply no-ones business!!

4.and ofcourse people say there have the record and dont respond to pms !!

BAZ A.

PS IT IS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL OFCOURSE SOME PREFER THE CRACK AND BANTER OTHERS JUST PREFER TO GET THE DISC AND GET IT IN THE COLLECTION.

Social source share

Hi ...for what it's worth and my penneth worth ........the two thing that bug me regarding the "WANTS" forum

1) People who don't reply to pm's ....if someone is good enough to reply to your want at least have the common decency to say thanks but no thanks.

2) People who think it's ok to post on other peoples wants ,their own valuation of a particular record,thus influencing the sale .

I personally think locking the post has become the best option ...as it's a want ,and not a discussion thread.

number two is only when it goes against the person who is buying. Many times I see wants but the price prepared to pay is far short of a realistic value. Once I replied stating a realistic £75 for the particular want only for the person who wanted the record to reply I was only willing to pay £25 :yes: I don't bother replying to most wants now.

But why would anyone put up a price they are willing to pay, if you had the record for sale cheaper you are gonna bump up your price? I do agree its only manners to reply to someone who has taken the trouble to reply to a want request.

Social source share

number two is only when it goes against the person who is buying. Many times I see wants but the price prepared to pay is far short of a realistic value. Once I replied stating a realistic £75 for the particular want only for the person who wanted the record to reply I was only willing to pay £25 :rolleyes: I don't bother replying to most wants now.

But why would anyone put up a price they are willing to pay, if you had the record for sale cheaper you are gonna bump up your price? I do agree its only manners to reply to someone who has taken the trouble to reply to a want request.

Hi Chalky

Regarding number two ,i mean't people who havent got the record to sell but offer free valuations ,usually top end prices.

It's between person who wants it and person or person's with one to sell ......simples:yes:

Social source share

Always lock my wants for the following reasons

1.i take pms and negotiate -the purchase of a record for me is between the buyer and seller

2.let the thread run and usualy someone has the four penneth in about rarity-availability-price-etc-well "so what" and then the record is talked up or down and it becomes a free for all-a good example was the lee fields thread and some of the ridiculous bollocks wrote about the record.

3.a deal to me should be private -i also when i sell are more than happy not to respond to emails from people asking who has got this or that-simply no-ones business!!

4.and ofcourse people say there have the record and dont respond to pms !!

BAZ A.

PS IT IS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL OFCOURSE SOME PREFER THE CRACK AND BANTER OTHERS JUST PREFER TO GET THE DISC AND GET IT IN THE COLLECTION.

Dont mess about Baz ,Get to the point:wicked:

Take care bud

ATB salmon

Social source share

Source Advert