Soul Or Nothing.. Manchester.. 26Th

Back again this month for our second event at the new venue.. Gonna tweak a few things talked about from the last event...

Just a nice little bar for a place to start the weekend maybe..... Free for any to pop in on their way some place or to spend the night with us.. A busy busy weekend indeed in Manchester, Twisted Wheel all niter round the corner on Friday, Radcliffe all niter on the Saturday and Taste of Honey on the Sunday... I will post some hotel details again soon and other info....

We have the first visit from Tony Foster behind the decks along with the return of Mr Karl Heard, Paul Sadot and the Celtic Soul brother Paul Grant from Ireland.... Along with the resident of course...

No big deal.... No fuss.. Maybe see a few of you there...

pm me if you are coming for deffo, will reserve space again upstairs for 1st 50 to reply..

Soul Or Nothing

Underplayed 60s/ 70s Northern, Rhythm and soul, Crossover, Deep funk, Ghetto grooves, rare soul, Beat ballads..

@ Blue Parrot bar/ grille.. Portland St Manchester..

Friday 26th March..... 8pm to 3am..... Free entry...

Djs..

Paul Grant

Karl Heard

Tony Foster

Paul Sadot

George Mahood...

Wayne Dearman..

Steve Cato..

The Blue Parrot is a plush city center venue, open plan, two floors with small dancefloor.. Large screens for visuals, quality sound throughout.. Nice seated area for meals too.. City center Piccadilly Gardens opp the Ramada Hotel.. Plenty hotels on the doorstep doing advance booking deals... Cappacity around 200 throughout..

you can join our group on facebook....https://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages#!/event.php?eid=344234811949&ref=ts

Edited by little-stevie
  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hotel deals for Friday nights... some big discounts.......

Britannia is next door to the event and rooms reduced from £145 TO £43 for a double room.... Also Sachas is close by... click on links below..

.https://www.britanniahotels.com/

.https://www.britanniahotels.com/booking?Region=North&Location=Manchester&Arrival=26%2F03%2F2010&Nights=1&Adults=2&Children=0&Promotion=&x=22&y=11

Edited by little-stevie

Back again this month for our second event at the new venue.. Gonna tweak a few things talked about from the last event...

Just a nice little bar for a place to start the weekend maybe..... Free for any to pop in on their way some place or to spend the night with us.. A busy busy weekend indeed in Manchester, Twisted Wheel all niter round the corner on Friday, Radcliffe all niter on the Saturday and Taste of Honey on the Sunday... I will post some hotel details again soon and other info....

We have the first visit from Tony Foster behind the decks along with the return of Mr Karl Heard, Paul Sadot and the Celtic Soul brother Paul Grant from Ireland.... Along with the resident of course...

No big deal.... No fuss.. Maybe see a few of you there...

pm me if you are coming for deffo, will reserve space again upstairs for 1st 50 to reply..

Soul Or Nothing

Underplayed 60s/ 70s Northern, Rhythm and soul, Crossover, Deep funk, Ghetto grooves, rare soul, Beat ballads..

@ Blue Parrot bar/ grille.. Portland St Manchester..

Friday 26th March..... 8pm to 3am..... Free entry...

Djs..

Paul Grant

Karl Heard

Tony Foster

Paul Sadot

George Mahood...

Wayne Dearman..

Steve Cato...

The Blue Parrot is a plush city center venue, open plan, two floors with small dancefloor.. Large screens for visuals, quality sound throughout.. Nice seated area for meals too.. City center Piccadilly Gardens opp the Ramada Hotel.. Plenty hotels on the doorstep doing advance booking deals... Cappacity around 200 throughout..

Hi ya Steve , not gonna be able to make this one :sad: just too much on for us old folk that weekend.

Expect it will be packed, and rightly so. It's a great venue (if you ain't been yet , take a tip and book a space on the upstairs VIP mezzanine) .:yes:

The music embraces the 'soul or nothing' ethos hence we really enjoyed the IST night . This time with Karl H, Paul S , Paul G and Tony G guesting along with the residents - it's gonna be rather special (again) :good:

Could you post up future dates so we can do some advance planning, not least those bargain hotel prices near. thumbsup.gif

Andy & Denise

Edited by andybellwood

Cheers Andy...

I know there is a big soul fixture list at the end of the month, :D , we can't all be 3 places at once,,, Thanks for reply and all that... Hope to see uou on the Sunday if there is any petrol left in the tank :D

dates below for future events....

Friday 26th March (also as a 'warm up' for Radcliffe niter on 27th so come make a weekend of it)

Friday 23rd April

Friday 28th May...... Radcliffe alll niter weekend...

Friday 18th June

Friday 30th July (also as a 'warm up' for Radcliffe niter on 31st so come make a weekend of it)

Friday 20th August

Friday 24th September...... Radcliffe all niter weekend..

Friday 22nd October

Cheers Andy...

I know there is a big soul fixture list at the end of the month, :yes: , we can't all be 3 places at once,,, Thanks for reply and all that... Hope to see uou on the Sunday if there is any petrol left in the tank :laugh:

dates below for future events....

Friday 26th March (also as a 'warm up' for Radcliffe niter on 27th so come make a weekend of it)

Friday 23rd April

Friday 28th May...... Radcliffe alll niter weekend...

Friday 18th June

Friday 30th July (also as a 'warm up' for Radcliffe niter on 31st so come make a weekend of it)

Friday 20th August

Friday 24th September...... Radcliffe all niter weekend..

Friday 22nd October

No Adam this time?

Count us in, the 1st one was really great.

Think it set the bar very high, but the line up again looks cock on :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers for posting Mick and the others.....

Will do my best to get a mix of guests to come along and play without fear each month...

Speaking to the manager today, they are looking into curtains or blinds for main windows downstairs and we are looking at an extra speaker upstairs to give it a bit more volume as its gets busy ..

Looking forward and booking in guests for May/ June/ July... still got a few spots.... djs/ collectors welcome to send me an email....

cheers..

Cheers for posting Mick and the others.....

Will do my best to get a mix of guests to come along and play without fear each month...

Speaking to the manager today, they are looking into curtains or blinds for main windows downstairs and we are looking at an extra speaker upstairs to give it a bit more volume as its gets busy ..

Looking forward and booking in guests for May/ June/ July... still got a few spots.... djs/ collectors welcome to send me an email....

cheers..

There wasn't much wrong with the first one Steve, we had a good night out. DJ line up for this looks impressive. What tends to tempt is who's got what in thier box, this looks worth the skip over the pennines again. Busy month but will see if we can get over, perhaps bring the fiddlers too. Best wishes in all you do, Dean.

(ps - you two at prestatyn?)

There wasn't much wrong with the first one Steve, we had a good night out. DJ line up for this looks impressive. What tends to tempt is who's got what in thier box, this looks worth the skip over the pennines again. Busy month but will see if we can get over, perhaps bring the fiddlers too. Best wishes in all you do, Dean.

(ps - you two at prestatyn?)

Cheers Dean

Whats in the box :thumbsup: , yes thats the name of the game... Hope to see you again soon mate, no Prestatyn for us, first time i am gonna miss for many years....

Bring on the fiddlers, there will be something that needs plucking.....

Britannia is next door to the event and rooms reduced from £145 TO £43 for a double room.... Also Sachas is close by... click on links below..

.https://www.britanniahotels.com/booking?Region=North&Location=Manchester&Arrival=26%2F03%2F2010&Nights=1&Adults=2&Children=0&Promotion=&x=22&y=11

City Inn very

City Inn very nice & stylish - stayed there last time . 'Bargain' room rate a bit more expensive this time , but still 1/2 price

https://www.yourreservation.net/ibe/cityinn/main.html;jsessionid=D425D03C031564B7E7FC1DA529DDA666.node3?_flowExecutionKey=_c736DB0B3-CCEF-D3B4-707F-D9C8FDED2F37_k7FBC1658-C7A1-DE6C-2D4E-33D434A5A0C6

Edited by andybellwood

Thanks for the extra info Andy... Plenty good deals and we are good for location with this event...

all the best mate...

Guest bobwartcock

the gloucester boys will be there to support their soul brother's karl and paul was good to see you at lifeline and be good to see you back behind the decks in manchester see ya soon brother wartcock...:thumbup:

Will sort out some dj times tomorrow...

Can any of you players let us know in a pm as to what kind of time you are planning to get down there...

Gonna give it a push now with a few days to go...

If any have questions with regards to anything then please send me a pm..

Had a couple of folk asking about selling records?? no problem at all with selling out of small boxes, i can keep some space upstairs for that, any more folk just drop me a line..

Edited by little-stevie
Guest Lydia H

I don't get chance to come on here very often but just wanted to say that I am looking forward to seeing you all on Friday night.

Bring it on!

x

ps, soul or nothing page on Facebook for any of you that are into the site

Yeeeeees, finished work, 3 days off and a Manchester weekend sandwiched in between.

Getting excited now about this and looking forward to a severe dose of vinyl pleasure.

Now the hard part, trying to decide what groove biscuits to pack, see y'all when we git there. thumbsup.gif

Cheers Reg..

Gonna be out all day if any have questions, will be home for 5pm....

Nice to see that Keith Money/ Sandra and some other Scottish crowd are gonna join us tonight, will be good to catch up....

Look forward to seeing some of you later, have a good weekend folks were ever you be....

steve

Source Advert