Beloyd Get Into Your Life - 20Th Century- Demo

• 6 years later...
Guest SoulFan
On 17/06/2010 at 00:34, Andy Reynard said:

Just seen this and wondered if anyone had a realistic idea of the price please.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread. I just listed 7" of this on discogs (non-demo version, which is more valuable apparently).  It was snapped up in less than 12 hours at £125.  I started hunting around for info, why this is so expensive and this page came up, felt compelled to reply to a 6 year old thread :).  

I was very surprised at the quoted median price, as we're talking about a single that came out in 1977, then noticed one sold on EBay for £150 not so long back, so yeah reckon could have got more, C'est la vie. 

I understand Northern singles fetching decent money, but I wouldn't have thought Beloyd on 20th Century would have been that rare, thinking there's probably boxes of them sitting in a warehouse somewhere.  Same with the RCA RARE series on CD, averaging £80, somebody asking £150 for no. 4 on CD!!  unbelievable.  

Edited by SoulFan
makes more sense
Social source share

Maybe not so surprising as stock copies on major labels can often fetch  much more than the promo counterpart if they didn"t sell much on release. As more promo copies survived at radio stations and were sent out  to DJs and reviewers. The stock copies that didh"t sell would have probably been trashed or in the later 70s maybe recycled. The flipside of Beloyd is also rated by some I believe so could also have something to do with it

Cheers Paul

• Helpful 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, SoulFan said:

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread. I just listed 7" this on discogs (non-demo version, which is more valuable apparently).  It was snapped up in less than 12 hours at £125.  I started hunting around for info, why this is so expensive and this page came up, felt compelled to reply to a 6 year old thread :).  

I was very surprised at the quoted median price, as we're talking about a single that came out in 1977, then noticed one sold on EBay for £150 not so long back, so yeah reckon could have got more, C'est la vie. 

I understand Northern singles fetching decent money, but I wouldn't have thought Beloyd on 20th Century would have been that rare, thinking there's probably boxes of them sitting in a warehouse somewhere.  Same with the RCA RARE series on CD, averaging £80, somebody asking £150 for no. 4 on CD!!  unbelievable.  

The flip side " today all day " is in demand and hard to find as a stock copy .most copies found are demos with " Get into your life " on both sides .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!