International Parcel Post Delays ?

dennyj

Has anybody (besides me) noticed a big slow down in time taken for records to arrive from overseas (particularly USA and UK) ??

It usually takes about 7 days on average, 10 days max for stuff to get to Perth but I've been waiting over 2 weeks for a lot of stuff. I queried it with a USA dealer who reckoned it's something to do with those printer cartridges that were intercepted the other week. Plausible ?

bastards !

*-)

Denny

Social source share

• Replies 41
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've noticed bit of a slowdown over the last month, but only a bit. Got an LP at the weekend that had taken three weeks to turn up. Most though are arriving in good time. Occasional customs delays are inevitable, of course, and I'm sure that because of the heightened security alerts all packages are receiving greater scrutiny.

Social source share

I was thinking that because of the ink cartridge situation, that a record i had bought from the U.S. would be delayed. However ,i payed for it last monday afternoon and nearly fell over when the postie put it through the letterbox on friday morning! So maybe nothing to do with that at all. Mind you that's the quickest i have ever had a record turn up from America..ever!

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Has anybody (besides me) noticed a big slow down in time taken for records to arrive from overseas (particularly USA and UK) ??

It usually takes about 7 days on average, 10 days max for stuff to get to Perth but I've been waiting over 2 weeks for a lot of stuff. I queried it with a USA dealer who reckoned it's something to do with those printer cartridges that were intercepted the other week. Plausible ?

bastards !

*-)

Denny

Gday Denny!.....Is it your weekend coming up ?

DF & JF

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

we dont get our post till 4 now

so it coc#s up the full day

i paid for a record on 19th october with tracking

it was accepted on 25th--SENDER DELAY ?

left usa on 30th october

arrived in uk on 4th nov

still waiting

I would contact postcomm as i believe the Universal Service Obilgation of Royal Mail is a last delivery time of 3pm, clearly they have cover for unforseen circumstances, but a regular delivery time of 4pm would be a classed as a failure

Social source share

It seems to have been a bit all over the place getting to NZ lately. Somethings have been taking 4 weeks, but others 1 week from the US. The one box I'm really fiending for was sent from Germany on the 22nd..... Just live by the saying that "heavier records take longer" :thumbsup: (the anticipation)...

Social source share

its probably Royal Mail thats causing the delay - i had an item that couldn't fit through the letterbox and no-one was home when it was delivered!!!! No shit Sherlock .... you come at 1:30pm when i'm in friggin work :thumbsup: So i go online and fill in online forms for redelivery saturday ... recieve conformation email from them saying it would be redelivered on the saturday - i wait in ALL DAY - do they redeliver? do they feck :yes::thumbup::unsure:

on the card they leave it gives a number to ring - does it get answered? does it feck :wave: does it have an answerphone on it? does it feck angry.gif

We should shoot some Royal Mail staff to act as a warning to the lazy b**tards :lol:

in case you hadn't noticed, i'm a little pissed off with Royal Mail as this is becoming a regular theme with them - rant over :thumbsup:

Social source share

its probably Royal Mail thats causing the delay - i had an item that couldn't fit through the letterbox and no-one was home when it was delivered!!!! No shit Sherlock .... you come at 1:30pm when i'm in friggin work :thumbsup: So i go online and fill in online forms for redelivery saturday ... recieve conformation email from them saying it would be redelivered on the saturday - i wait in ALL DAY - do they redeliver? do they feck :yes::thumbup::unsure:

on the card they leave it gives a number to ring - does it get answered? does it feck :wave: does it have an answerphone on it? does it feck angry.gif

We should shoot some Royal Mail staff to act as a warning to the lazy b**tards :lol:

in case you hadn't noticed, i'm a little pissed off with Royal Mail as this is becoming a regular theme with them - rant over :thumbsup:

You're not the only one.

I've sent a recorded delivery item to someone in Scotland twice, to two different addresses as the first one came back as uncollected (no card left to say they'd attempted delivery) and the second time it came back as 'undelivered - recipient has moved' - it was his work address, and he was there all day every week day....

so now I'm abouut to mail it out to him for a third time.

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

its probably Royal Mail thats causing the delay - i had an item that couldn't fit through the letterbox and no-one was home when it was delivered!!!! No shit Sherlock .... you come at 1:30pm when i'm in friggin work :hatsoff2: So i go online and fill in online forms for redelivery saturday ... recieve conformation email from them saying it would be redelivered on the saturday - i wait in ALL DAY - do they redeliver? do they feck :thumbsup::thumbsup::lol:

on the card they leave it gives a number to ring - does it get answered? does it feck :lol: does it have an answerphone on it? does it feck :lol:

If you want to moan about Royal Mail, and resort to shooting people, may i suggest you target the management team, their current modernisation plan has nothing do with improving a much belittled service, just cost cutting, I work In a West London Delivery Office, the arrival of mail now means residents recieve post as late as three o'clock, you are not customers in their eyes, just somebody who recieves a service somebody else paid for. They refuse to recruit against vacancies. probally why the phone is never answered.

Take a look at how they think they can improve service. They are selling of two custom built mail centres in London, one in the east, the other at nine elms, these currently process mail for delivery in th east, south, south east and south west of london, in favour of moving the work out of london, this will only mean later arrivials, plus the added headache of suppling sub delivery offices in what is effectively the rush hour, they are selling the delivery and collection office for W1 and WC, the highest volume of mail anywhere in the uk, supplying the countries biggest companies. great move.

If you think things can't get any worse, just be prepared for the Con-Dum privatisation bill currently being read in Parliment.

Private Company buying a 90% share, with the 10% going to staff, with the chance to only sell to the majority share holder, that 10% will be dumped at the first chance. You can safely say that will be the end of the Saturday Delivery, after all we are the only EU state that has one.

In the settlement of last years dispute, Royal Mail guaranteed there would be no complusary redundancies, it has become clear from their proposals in London that this will not be the case.

Don't be suprised if you see the Headlines in the Red Tops " Christmas Post Threatened"

Yes it will be over jobs, but make no mistake, it will also be about protecting the level of service you currently recieve, not the one Royal Mail wish you to have.

Social source share

I'm with julesp 1905 (why don't people use names anymore Mr Postman!). If you have a reliable postie, evening Eddie, you get your mail no matter what the weather or whether your in or not. I live in a small hamlet (no pub, no Post Office so not a village) and when my usual postie is on duty records get left all over the place and my neighbours bring them round. On his last holiday I had 2 packages returned to the USA because I didn't answer the door or something! I also use my local village Post Office (1 Pub and obviously a Post Office!) to send off probably 20 - 30 packages a week all over the world with so far a 100% record, including sending records to Russia, Brazil, Serbia, even Spain and Italy!! To lose the Post Office would be a crime to all of us, so come on 1905 what do we do? Rant over, Ady

Social source share

Down in Mexico is worse than ever. Ordered two things from Hong Kong two days apart. One showed up about two weeks later, the other never turned up. A record from the Uk got lost (I suppose, as it's been like a month since it was posted), yet one from the States arrived quickly. angry.gif

Social source share

If you want to moan about Royal Mail, and resort to shooting people, may i suggest you target the management team, their current modernisation plan has nothing do with improving a much belittled service, just cost cutting, I work In a West London Delivery Office, the arrival of mail now means residents recieve post as late as three o'clock, you are not customers in their eyes, just somebody who recieves a service somebody else paid for. They refuse to recruit against vacancies. probally why the phone is never answered.

Take a look at how they think they can improve service. They are selling of two custom built mail centres in London, one in the east, the other at nine elms, these currently process mail for delivery in th east, south, south east and south west of london, in favour of moving the work out of london, this will only mean later arrivials, plus the added headache of suppling sub delivery offices in what is effectively the rush hour, they are selling the delivery and collection office for W1 and WC, the highest volume of mail anywhere in the uk, supplying the countries biggest companies. great move.

If you think things can't get any worse, just be prepared for the Con-Dum privatisation bill currently being read in Parliment.

Private Company buying a 90% share, with the 10% going to staff, with the chance to only sell to the majority share holder, that 10% will be dumped at the first chance. You can safely say that will be the end of the Saturday Delivery, after all we are the only EU state that has one.

In the settlement of last years dispute, Royal Mail guaranteed there would be no complusary redundancies, it has become clear from their proposals in London that this will not be the case.

Don't be suprised if you see the Headlines in the Red Tops " Christmas Post Threatened"

Yes it will be over jobs, but make no mistake, it will also be about protecting the level of service you currently recieve, not the one Royal Mail wish you to have.

all i want is my mail delivered ~ i'd shoot the twunts

and that includes the workers who are supposed to put the bloody parcel in the sack and redeliver on the day agreed but cant be arsed for whatever reason ~ twunts :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

and that includes the workers who are supposed to put the bloody parcel in the sack and redeliver on the day agreed but cant be arsed for whatever reason ~ twunts :hatsoff2:

Well you best shoot the admin staff who didn't relay the re-delivery request as it ain't your postmans fault, but hey you just seem a Twunt who thinks delivering mail is as easy as 1,2,3

Social source share

and that includes the workers who are supposed to put the bloody parcel in the sack and redeliver on the day agreed but cant be arsed for whatever reason ~ twunts :hatsoff2:

i'm a postman too, blame the managment and the goverment , who seem intent in fecking up another public service, don't know anyone who want's to be delevering mail at two, three. four o'clock in the afternoon, but thats what there wanting us to do, rant over, got parcel sent 2nd November from usa arrived today, not bad imo.

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

I'm with julesp 1905 (why don't people use names anymore Mr Postman!). If you have a reliable postie, evening Eddie, you get your mail no matter what the weather or whether your in or not. I live in a small hamlet (no pub, no Post Office so not a village) and when my usual postie is on duty records get left all over the place and my neighbours bring them round. On his last holiday I had 2 packages returned to the USA because I didn't answer the door or something! I also use my local village Post Office (1 Pub and obviously a Post Office!) to send off probably 20 - 30 packages a week all over the world with so far a 100% record, including sending records to Russia, Brazil, Serbia, even Spain and Italy!! To lose the Post Office would be a crime to all of us, so come on 1905 what do we do? Rant over, Ady

All surveys conducted so far elude to the general public not wanting a privately run Royal Mail, however the goverment are continuing to persue this route, second reading of the bill took place on the 27th october and passed by some 80 votes, so there is some objection within the coalition ranks.

Lets be open about whats in it for the goverment, firstly they get 90% of the value of a publicly owned company, secondly they guarantee the pension fund upto the point of sale. Though they appear to be guaranteeing a pension short fall of 10 Billion, that is only a figure required if the scheme was to be wound up and all liabilities paid out.

Royal Mail Pension payments would then be paid through taxation, just like all other public sector workers. they then sieze a Royal Mail Pension fund currently valued between 23-24 billion.

Put simply Goverment raise anything between 24- 32 billion as the value of royal mail is patchy to say the least anything from 800 million to 7 billion.

Whats in it for us, a Private run Royal mail, which will only mean a reduction of service and rise in cost, and higher taxes to pay pension payments due prior to sale.

If anybody feels strongly against the sale, i suggest you get as many people as possible to write to your MP, as unfortunately the destiny of our publicly owned company is in their hands.

Social source share

There you go it's always about money, not the common good, the single biggest issue missing from our society. I'll get in touch with my local MP and try to see if he can even debate the issue! Today's announcements about letting the Post Office handle more work could be interesting. I just suggest some of the Management in the Post Office go and spend a day in an actual Post Office and they might learn something! Even better go and spend a day in a Swiss Post Office or a U.S. Post Office they'd hopefully be embarrased!

Social source share

Well you best shoot the admin staff who didn't relay the re-delivery request as it ain't your postmans fault, but hey you just seem a Twunt who thinks delivering mail is as easy as 1,2,3

how dificult is it :lol: mail goes to sorting office - mail gets sorted and put in posties bag - postie goes and delivers.

customer not in for signed for or too big for letterbox - item returned to local delivery office - customer goes online and gives info for redilivery - email gets sent to customer confirming redelivery date - should be as simple as 1, 2, 3 :D it should be but... does it get redelivered :no: is that the fault of government or managemant or the workers on the ground :lol: ffs, that aint a mamgement issue, and it aint the government that agreed to redeliver - thats pure incompetance on the part of the staff :yes:

i am using one example and like i said previously, cock ups in delivery are happening regularly over the last few months - twunts :thumbsup:

Social source share

I hate to break the news to you all but posties don't just deliver recordsswoon.gif.It is the busy time of year for international post (you know christmas it comes once a year)and the number of parcels being sent to and from abroad is quadrupled at this time of year,not to mention the fact that there has been an ongoing vr (voluntary redundancy)exercise nationwide with the workload being spread amongst less staff than normal.Oh yeah i'm a postie too.Rant over.angry.gifwink.gif

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

just an observation - two posties/ sorting office guys online posting on soul source between 12 - 2pm

no wonder we cant get our mail :thumbsup::lol:

We are contracted to work 5 days a week, though you have a mail delivery service Monday to Saturday, work it out fella, we have to have a day off other than sunday,

Out of interest what to you do for a living?

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

how dificult is it ohmy.gif mail goes to sorting office - mail gets sorted and put in posties bag - postie goes and delivers.

customer not in for signed for or too big for letterbox - item returned to local delivery office - customer goes online and gives info for redilivery - email gets sent to customer confirming redelivery date - should be as simple as 1, 2, 3 :) it should be but... does it get redelivered :D is that the fault of government or managemant or the workers on the ground :thumbsup: ffs, that aint a mamgement issue, and it aint the government that agreed to redeliver - thats pure incompetance on the part of the staff :yes:

i am using one example and like i said previously, cock ups in delivery are happening regularly over the last few months - twunts :lol:

Like i said, you know nothing about mail deliveries.

The postman gets blamed for everything.

Do you actually think that going online and arranging a redelivery, means your item starts flashing and alarm bells ringings, don't be so stupid, that information gets relayed on a morning report, if that is not picked up, or the information is not included, then your item is not going to be redelivered, that is hardly the fault of your postman is it?

The fact that there has been 2000 support based function jobs lost in the last 12 months, clearly shows the fault lies clearly with management as your issue clearly lies with a support function and not deliveries.

By the way, how do you think your item gets to a delivery office, does it just appear? think you might being forgeting the 6 processes plus travelling time, all performed in a window that can be as small as eleven hours. 7pm to 6am the following morning

But saying that, you could get your sellers to use one of the many alternatives available to Royal Mail if we are so bad. You know the ones who's prices arn't controlled by postcomm, that can pick and chose where and when they deliver and are not burdened by a universal service obligation.

Word of advice though, don't go ranting and raving at your postman, can have a habit of coming back to bite you, WE can use every legimate reason to P739 items, when you have poorly address mail, where we use our local knowledge, you may well find your item being endorsed with incomplete address return to sender instead of being delivered, Over hanging hedge in your garden, refuse to deliver until cut back, health and safety grounds, you will have to go and collect your mail. The list is endless

Like the abused waiter, we have ways of spitting in your food!

Social source share

WE can use every legimate reason to P739 items, when you have poorly address mail, where we use our local knowledge, you may well find your item being endorsed with incomplete address return to sender instead of being delivered, Over hanging hedge in your garden, refuse to deliver until cut back, health and safety grounds, you will have to go and collect your mail. The list is endless

Like the abused waiter, we have ways of spitting in your food!

like i said, TWUNTS :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

like i said, TWUNTS :thumbsup:

Didn't what to quote my entire post, if you want to blame a Postman for something you feel is his fault so be it, even when presented with the facts.

What's the worst thing about being a postman, dealing with TWUNTS like you everyday

Social source share

just an observation - two posties/ sorting office guys online posting on soul source between 12 - 2pm

no wonder we cant get our mail :wicked::lol:

nice answer but,

you have not mentioned what time we started, also i worked without a break to get home a bit early, also the other days when i am home a lot later than that, if your getting bad service there's no excuse for that, but don't tar us all with the same brush.

Social source share

nice answer but,

you have not mentioned what time we started, also i worked without a break to get home a bit early, also the other days when i am home a lot later than that, if your getting bad service there's no excuse for that, but don't tar us all with the same brush.

the lady who does my hand delivery is fantastic, i couldnt ask for a better postie. the delivery of parcels by van is a different matter. i dont know who's to blame for the recent crap service and i had a little rant ~ after that is was julesp1905 who seemed to be on a high horse so i was just throwing bait for him; or another way of putting it, i was being a twunt :lol:

no real offence meant, he just annoyed me a bit :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

I Think The Normal Post Is A Problem At The Moment the Last Two 45's Have Taken 2 Days First First Class Recorded!! Seems Like Everything In This Country Is Going Down The Pan!! :hatsoff2:

Just for the record, excuse the pun, but 1st class is not a guaranteed next day delivery even though people assume it .

Social source share

Just for the record, excuse the pun, but 1st class is not a guaranteed next day delivery even though people assume it .

fook me :hatsoff2: I haven't seen a postie about at this time of the morning for years !!!

:lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert